PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Taxes versus Corporate Profits

Nbadan
07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
It seems pretty clear that corporate income taxes (on profits) have continue to decline, from a post-WW2 high of nearly 50% to a recent bottom of just above 20% ... even though corporate profits have been a steadily increasing share of the economy and despite a HUGE increase in the rate of CEO salaries...

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/ATRonCP.jpg

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/CorpPT.jpg

At least employee compensation has kept up with profits, right?

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/CPtoEC-a.jpg

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/CPtoEC.jpg

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/EmpComp.jpg

http://www.tahitinut.com/img/IncAlloc.jpg

Wing-nut and blue-ball Democratic voters just don't get it - they continue to believe that if corporations are not taxed, that somehow workers will get a wage increase.... guess what dumb-asses.... it never happens!

DarrinS
07-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I wish all corporations would just go away, so that we could return to a hunting and gathering society.

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I wish all corporations would just go away, so that we could return to a hunting and gathering society.
:lol

angrydude
07-30-2009, 08:35 PM
ceo pay has been going up with the scam also known as the US stock market.

Real wages have been going down because of the wonderful world of indirect taxation also known as inflation.

In short, blame the banks. They cause both these phenomenon.

boutons_deux
07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Real raises have mostly disappeared, real wages flat since 2000, as employers give your raises to health insurance scammers.

A business expense for employers, tax-subsidized revenues for health insurance companies.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
http://www.heritage.org/research/taxes/images/wm1647-chart_2-lg.gif

And while your wages remain flat, government at all levels takes more.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.heritage.org/research/taxes/images/wm1647-chart_2-lg.gif

Ah, but at the federal level, the rise in taxes has come disproportionately from the wealthy while federal taxes have fallen for the vast majority of the population.

State and local taxes are pretty much born by property owners and consumers on an equal basis.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
So naturally "someone else" is to blame for your wages remaining stagnant but you can't be indignant about the government taking a larger share of your income to blow on interest payments on the debt which politicians have already accumulated and shooting up the Middle East. That is while your state, county, and city aren't blowing more of your jack. Not to mention the local school district.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
So naturally "someone else" is to blame for your wages remaining stagnant but you can't be indignant about the government taking a larger share of your income to blow on interest payments on the debt which politicians have already accumulated and shooting up the Middle East. That is while your state, county, and city aren't blowing more of your jack. Not to mention the local school district.
Unless you're making in the mid six figures (or have no ability to figure your annual taxes) the government hasn't been taking a larger share of your income.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Wing-nut and blue-ball Democratic voters just don't get it - they continue to believe that if corporations are not taxed, that somehow workers will get a wage increase.... guess what dumb-asses.... it never happens!

And if the economy rebounds as Barack Christ Obama says it will then all of those Americans who own shares in those evil corporations through their retirement plans will benefit. But, I know, you are still living in the 19th century.

Wild Cobra
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Unless you're making in the mid six figures (or have no ability to figure your annual taxes) the government hasn't been taking a larger share of your income.You have to remember. Marcus is another one of those with closed minds and wide open mouths. I seldom engage him anymore also.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Unless you're making in the mid six figures (or have no ability to figure your annual taxes) the government hasn't been taking a larger share of your income.

It hasn't? Since when?

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
You have to remember. Marcus is another one of those with closed minds and wide open mouths. I seldom engage him anymore also.

:baby

You fucking pussy.

Wild Cobra
07-30-2009, 09:38 PM
It hasn't? Since when?

How was it?

Marginal rates on all income classes decreased.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Americans pay more than just federal income taxes. Further, your time frame is too short.

http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetchartbook/Images/taxes-tax-rates_06-850.jpg

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Americans pay more than just federal income taxes. Further, your time frame is too short.

http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetchartbook/Images/taxes-tax-rates_06-850.jpg
I was speaking to just federal income taxes.

And, your chart doesn't break the amounts out by income level. Incomes went up for everyone and the top earner paid more. That's why federal revenues went up under Bush.

It was the tax cuts stupid.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Federal "revenues" went up due to an asset bubble promulgated by the Fed and the GSEs.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I was speaking to just federal income taxes.

Why? We don't just live in Federal Land in which all we pay is the income tax. Americans are soaked at all government levels today. I would think any "conservative" would be pissed off about that.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Why?
Because you said this:

And, that's not accurate.

We don't just live in Federal Land in which all we pay is the income tax. Americans are soaked at all government levels today. I would think any "conservative" would be pissed off about that.
You're right. I just wanted to point out that federal income tax rates have fallen but, it is only due to a rise in incomes and the tax cuts that federal revenues from income taxes have risen...not because they are raising our federal income taxes.

You're right about the other shit and I'm as pissed as you.

I'm still trying to understand how the tax appraised value of my home can continue to rise while the sale appraisal continues to fall.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Because you said this:

And, that's not accurate.

Sure it is.

You're right. I just wanted to point out that federal income tax rates have fallen but, it is only due to a rise in incomes and the tax cuts that federal revenues from income taxes have risen...not because they are raising our federal income taxes.

You're right about the other shit and I'm as pissed as you.

I'm still trying to understand how the tax appraised value of my home can continue to rise while the sale appraisal continues to fall.

Because more spending makes everything better. Public schools turn out patriotic dolts ready for the mine or factory, with academic proficiencies among the worst in the developed world, so we obviously need to blow more money on that.

We are set to make it even easier for those who don't want to take care of themselves, and prefer to blow their money on worthless shit. Nobody even considers the notion that some people don't have the money to take care of themselves because they make bad decisions. We make them the 'victims' and subsidize them, just like we subsidize bad businessmen who make stupid decisions. We're all victims now.

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Further, if you bother to work hard to improve your lot in life, you are forced to pay for those who have not, who pissed away whatever chances they had to do the same for themselves, and who now whine for a handout. Never mind if you are already charitable with your friends, family, and strangers.

ElNono
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Further, if you bother to work hard to improve your lot in life, you are forced to pay for those who have not, who pissed away whatever chances they had to do the same for themselves, and who now whine for a handout. Never mind if you are already charitable with your friends, family, and strangers.

Talking about that, could you cut me a new check? I'm running low on dough and can't upgrade my laptop... and yeah, I'll get a job next month...

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
We pine for a world in which you don't have to pay for your mistakes, and then wring our hands when people act as though they live in a world in which you don't have to overcome your mistakes. Then we learn why things were as they were.

dimsah
07-31-2009, 06:37 AM

BULL SHIT!!
I sure as hell don't make in the mid 6 figures and my monthly tax expenditure which includes federal income, SSN, medicare, state withholding, unemployment,
city withholding, school district "property" tax comes out to almost 40%.

This doesn't include sales taxes, gasoline taxes or other minutia that also get lumped in there.

Government is government and taxes are taxes. Federal, state, local all look the same to me since it's just a minus sign on each paycheck.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
BULL SHIT!!
I sure as hell don't make in the mid 6 figures and my monthly tax expenditure which includes federal income, SSN, medicare, state withholding, unemployment,
city withholding, school district "property" tax comes out to almost 40%.

This doesn't include sales taxes, gasoline taxes or other minutia that also get lumped in there.

Government is government and taxes are taxes. Federal, state, local all look the same to me since it's just a minus sign on each paycheck.
That I agree with, but this was a discussion about federal taxes.