PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm getting ahead of myself..

mfanatic
07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
But, in reality, this is what it's going to come down too (Hoping everyone is healthy)

2010 Western Conference Finals between LA and SA:

Last 5 minutes of game 7, either at LA or SA:

Lakers:
Fischer
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau

Spurs:
Tony
Manu
Jefferson
?
Duncan

Now, the question is, with 5 minutes left in the game, who is going to be in the game guarding Odom? I personally think it should be Big Mike because they're almost the same weight and Dice can push over Odom on offense, but defense is where it may be a problem. What do you guys think?

Thompson
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Who is "Big Mike?" Do you mean Finley? I'm not even one of the Finley haters, but that sounds crazy. Finley is not known for his defense, and he's slowing down as he gets older anyway. Not to mention he's about 3 inches shorter than Odom. I'm hoping Marcus Haislip can guard him, they're about the same size and Haislip is very athletic.

Ian is another possibility, depending on how he does this year.

manustarting2gd
07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
But, in reality, this is what it's going to come down too (Hoping everyone is healthy)

2010 Western Conference Finals between LA and SA:

Last 5 minutes of game 7, either at LA or SA:

Lakers:
Fischer
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau

Spurs:
Tony
Manu
Jefferson
?
Duncan

Now, the question is, with 5 minutes left in the game, who is going to be in the game guarding Odom? I personally think it should be Big Mike because they're almost the same weight and Dice can push over Odom on offense, but defense is where it may be a problem. What do you guys think?

?= whichever big steps their game up this year. ...

Cry Havoc
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Who is "Big Mike?" Do you mean Finley? I'm not even one of the Finley haters, but that sounds crazy. Finley is not known for his defense, and he's slowing down as he gets older anyway. Not to mention he's about 3 inches shorter than Odom. I'm hoping Marcus Haislip can guard him, they're about the same size and Haislip is very athletic.

McDyess.

Thompson
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
McDyess.

Is he fast enough to keep up with Odom? You're probably right, Pop would probably go with the tested vet even if there is a little mismatch there.

fleggy2k2
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM

judging by the context, i'd say big mike is referring to mcdyess

Spursone
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Maybe we should play at least 1 game with our new roster in the regular season before we assume the WCF?

:wakeup

Thompson
07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
judging by the context, i'd say big mike is referring to mcdyess

Ah. I thought he was saying Mike Finley instead of McDyess, because of Antonio's problem with Odom on defense (of course Finley would have a bigger problem in that area). I didn't know the short form of Antonio is 'Mike' (McDyess, I get it now :lol).

SpurCharger
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I say you wait and See WHo has the Hot Hand That Night....... Could be Mcdyess, Blair, haislip, or finley

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I say you wait and See WHo has the Hot Hand That Night....... Could be Mcdyess, Blair, haislip, or finley
+1 (- Finley) Don't want Finley guarding Odom in any game, let alone Game 7.

SpurCharger
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
+1 (- Finley) Don't want Finley guarding Odom in any game, let alone Game 7.

True.... but Pop Always Seem to Go With the Hot Hand.......

SpurCharger
07-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Odoms out of contract year. He said he only played great cause he wanted a big contract. Now that he shot himself in the foot and got a shitty one in NBA terms, he's not going to ball out of control. Happens to MANY players after contract year... they disappear.
Very True! Good Point

all_heart
07-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd take Artest out because both Bynum and Artest would have fouled out already trying to keep Manu out the lane and Blair off the boards!

antimvp
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Odoms out of contract year. He said he only played great cause he wanted a big contract. Now that he shot himself in the foot and got a shitty one in NBA terms, he's not going to ball out of control. Happens to MANY players after contract year... they disappear.

TRUE.......ODOM will suck this year guaranteed......especially if he knows the lakers will drop that last year option.....he is taking the money and getting stoned for 3 years.

Sean Cagney
07-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Odom was always dissed in LA and the guy who played when he wanted and very inconsistent, now he is some kind of savior or great? He had a good playoff run true, but overall dude is inconsistent and sometimes even soft as hell. He is in LA again, okay lets get em!!!!!!!!

MADTOBY
07-31-2009, 07:58 AM
? = Mcdyess

spurspokesman
07-31-2009, 12:12 PM
If the game is in the wings give me "R MASON'' anyday. No disrespect to dyess but in crunch time this guy seems to play his best ball. Please I know he didnt do well in the po's but when the marbles is on the line I think he becomes a totally different animal.

ohmwrecker
07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Did I mention that I think the "Big Mike" nickname is dumb?

lotr1trekkie
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Fin is lucky it was his option to return or he would be where Bowen is now---ready to to be waived. If we are really lucky Big Mike wont be on the roster by playoff time and certainly will never be playing in the last 5 minutes of any game. He got his ring but has now become the Finley of old like in his Mav days.

urunobili
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Haislip will match up perfectly with Odom... :wakeup

nkdlunch
07-31-2009, 02:06 PM
doesnt matter. Our bench superiority will put us in very comfortable position by the time there are 5 minutes left on the clock.