PDA

View Full Version : Laker fan converting to Spurs fan.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Well here I am. I cant, in good faith, support the Lakers anymore. Just to many things make me sick to my stomach. Like getting Gasol for nothing. Artest for nothing. Lamar on a reduced rate. Fisher released from the jazz and the Lakers get him for nothing. I just dont like it. I support teams that earn it. Hence my screenname. The Steelers have always played blue collar ball and built through the draft. They have never went out and bought their teams. I live in San Antonio and am ready to support the silver and black.

galvatron3000
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I live in Aalabama and have all my life, we don't want you back

z0sa
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
nothing like hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon.

i personally don't want you rooting for the same team in the same gym as me ever.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not looking for approval, kids. Just stating a fact.

z0sa
07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Just stating a fact.

you're no spurs fan.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:49 PM
How old are you zOsa? I keep seeing you talk a tough game but I bet I know maore about the Spurs than you do. So lets see who is the better Spurs fan.

BlackSwordsMan
07-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi

Hello.

z0sa
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
zOna?

who?

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
who?

Thats all you got out of that post? lol

timaios
07-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Only 10 months left of that BS. :rolleyes

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Only 10 months left of that BS. :rolleyes

Of what BS?

sabar
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
You've been trolling here the entire time and now you're a spurs fan?

More like another trolling attempt.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 08:11 PM
You've been trolling here the entire time and now you're a spurs fan?

More like another trolling attempt.

How is it a trolling attempt when i'm hopping off the team favored to win the championship onto the Spurs and havent said a bad word either way?

ChumpDumper
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Whore.

Pucho!!!
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
if ur feeling r genuine, then welcome, but since u WERE a laker fan, ill have to reserve my hand until I c u defending the silver & black against ur ex-brothers at arms...

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
if ur feeling r genuine, then welcome, but since u WERE a laker fan, ill have to reserve my hand until I c u defending the silver & black against ur ex-brothers at arms...

First welcoming post in this thread. Thank you. And its understandable to be reserved about a person switching teams. I'd be the same way. I'll prove it over time.

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Well here I am. I cant, in good faith, support the Lakers anymore. Just to many things make me sick to my stomach. Like getting Gasol for nothing. Artest for nothing. Lamar on a reduced rate. Fisher released from the jazz and the Lakers get him for nothing. I just dont like it. I support teams that earn it. Hence my screenname. The Steelers have always played blue collar ball and built through the draft. They have never went out and bought their teams. I live in San Antonio and am ready to support the silver and black.
If you mean it, welcome....fucking welcome.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, cock sucker

No problem.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 08:33 PM
If you mean it, welcome....fucking welcome.

Thank you, sir.

SpurCharger
07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Just prove That your A real Fan....... Welcome To the real Side..........

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you, sir.
You're welcome...just make sure you stand by it come playoff time.

Mister Sinister
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
S'alright, Mr. Darkseid.

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
If you've truly seen the light, welcome...:toast

Interrohater
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
I definitely don't think that being a "true Spurs fan" is an exclusive club or anything, and for sure we're not in charge of who is and isn't a fan. So good luck, and get yourself some paraphenalia. Maybe a jersey, or warmup shirt. Support the FO!

Spursfan092120
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
I definitely don't think that being a "true Spurs fan" is an exclusive club or anything, and for sure we're not in charge of who is and isn't a fan. So good luck, and get yourself some paraphenalia. Maybe a jersey, or warmup shirt. Support the FO!
agreed 100%

RGMCSE
07-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Ahh I get it, you don't want to break your winning streak so your converting to the Spurs side because you know whats coming right??? CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

galvatron3000
07-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Dude, I'm just kidding with ya because this is what I would say to anyone who hops on the Spurs bandwagon. It's all fun. I hope you mean it but not concern either way. I thought I'd have fun with it but I was never obscene with my comment. Even though your comment was questionable

There's a guy that told me a few weeks ago he hated Duncan and I was like why ( because folks always hate on Duncan down here) and he was like because he is too good and I was like oh, I respect that because he was honest enough to say I just hate the fact that he's good, out of respect not real hate. Again, I live in Birmingham, Alabama where we will possibly never get a pro anything, I choose Silver and Black.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Dude, I'm just kidding with ya because this is what I would say to anyone who hops on the Spurs bandwagon. It's all fun. I hope you mean it but not concern either way. I thought I'd have fun with it but I was never obscene with my comment. Even though your comment was questionable

There's a guy that told me a few weeks ago he hated Duncan and I was like why ( because folks always hate on Duncan down here) and he was like because he is too good and I was like oh, I respect that because he was honest enough to say I just hate the fact that he's good, out of respect not real hate. Again, I live in Birmingham, Alabama where we will possibly never get a pro anything, I choose Silver and Black.

Its all good, man. I live in San Antonio and its about time i wise up to the ways of the city. Because it really is a great place to live. I've got a lot of friends that are Spurs fans and they are gonna be shocked that I'm gonna be ridin' with them next year. They have always tried and pull me to their side and now they are gonna freak that i'm doing it right when the Lakers get back on top. Gonna be fun times this season.

* And if a MOD can change my team from the Lakers to the Spurs, i would appreciate it. I looked for a way to do it and cant find it.

duncan228
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
* And if a MOD can change my team from the Lakers to the Spurs, i would appreciate it. I looked for a way to do it and cant find it.

We can't change our teams. You can PM Kori or timvp and ask.

DJB
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
You don't just change teams bro. I was born a Spurs fan and I'll die a Spurs fan. No changing. Ever.

SteelerNation
07-30-2009, 10:38 PM
You don't just change teams bro. I was born a Spurs fan and I'll die a Spurs fan. No changing. Ever.

I agree to an extent. I'll never change the Steelers. Ever. So I get what you're saying. But sometimes feeling change and circumstances change. I know a lot of people who were Cowboy fans who arent anymore because of what Jerry Jones did to Tom Landry. Thinks happen.

DynastySpurs210
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I like how yew talk!!
um its about time yew wake up, there's been alot fraud from the lakers and the nba!!
especially on Derek Fisher 0.4 sec shoot.

DJB
07-30-2009, 10:51 PM
I like how yew talk!!
um its about time yew wake up, there's been alot fraud from the lakers and the nba!!
especially on Derek Fisher 0.4 sec shoot.

Really?

rayray2k8
07-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Hmm.
Yeah, you liking a blue collar team like the Steelers and liking the darling team of the NBA don't make sense.
But why now?? Didn't the Lakers win last June? :lol

NRHector
07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
oh what the hell!!!!! if you are legit, welcome home

200 miles
07-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I agree to an extent. I'll never change the Steelers. Ever. So I get what you're saying. But sometimes feeling change and circumstances change. I know a lot of people who were Cowboy fans who arent anymore because of what Jerry Jones did to Tom Landry. Thinks happen.

First of all, I was one of those Cowboy fans, but in the mid-'90s the terrible tandem of Jerry Jagoff Jones and Sooner Swindler Switzer just made me go off the edge and start despising the Cowboys while I switched to the Denver Broncos.

Now for initiation SteelerNation, to be a Spurs fan: you must name 7 Spurs players from the '96-'97 season who has played 70 or more games that season.

This has a time limit, so good luck. :lol

ginobilized
07-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey there Steeler Nation. If you are really a Spurs fan now, you might consider changing your team from the lakers to the spurs. That's a start. Welcome!

Taking it to the Hole
07-30-2009, 11:30 PM
I wonder what is harder, being a SPURS fan living in LA or being a LAKER fan living in SA? I am willing to believe that Spurs fans have more class than Laker fans, but then again I am biased. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have seen the light and welcome you on board, but to be a true SPURS fan you have to bleed silver and black thru and thru.

Sean Cagney
07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Convert to the good side, but you better ride with us all year long! Chats and all! If not just stay true to your words.

angelbelow
07-31-2009, 12:10 AM
welcome

pawe
07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Send us 10 bucks each first thru paypal then we'll talk.

Biggems
07-31-2009, 01:26 AM
since no player plays for free, every team tries to buy a championship

jdiggy0424
07-31-2009, 01:43 AM
people that support the spurs should always be welcomed on this forum, whether your u were a lakers fan

IronMexican
07-31-2009, 01:47 AM

It doesn't matter. It's the name on the front of the jersey that matters(Or the emblem on the helmet) You stick with your teams no matter hwhat.

mudyez
07-31-2009, 02:32 AM
welcome...I'm a steelersfan too...they and the spurs are ver similar! (defense, coaches, how they are building their team)

(plz nobody tell him, that we got Jefferson basically for nothing as well or he will root for the warriors or bobcats next!)

as for the question: are there even 7 players? dont want to look it up, but that was the injury bug season (some may use the t-word), so I guess its at least tight.

mudyez
07-31-2009, 02:34 AM
It doesn't matter. It's the name on the front of the jersey that matters(Or the emblem on the helmet) You stick with your teams no matter hwhat.

I agree, but there might be some Sonic fans, that thought the same way!

HORNSWOGGLE
07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
we dont like you kind around here

http://kellylowenstein.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bigsby.jpg

waly.mg
07-31-2009, 08:37 AM

And Karl Malone and Gary Payton for Nothing and Ringless

gm5k
07-31-2009, 09:14 AM

im the opposite. it's usually more about the back of the jersey for me. the Spurs just happen to have a lot of my favorite players. I'm a lot more of a fan of players and really the league itself than any one team. the Spurs have been my favorite team though since '03 when I saw a David Robinson interview. I found him inspiring and converted.

lotr1trekkie
07-31-2009, 09:14 AM
"Ye, of so little faith...."

MADTOBY
07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
:downspin:welcome to SA:lobt2::flag:

DrHouse
07-31-2009, 09:37 AM
You are all so stupid. This dumb fuck was probably drunk or high out of his mind when he made this thread.

Jose Ole
07-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Kori needs to get us DrHouse's IP so we can track his location down and plan a riot at his place next year some time next June, for the appropriate circumstance. We all know how LA fans love their residence destroyed, especially when they lose.

Agreed... we should just make sure to send over all the "dumb drunk Mexicans" to do it since he fancies us soooo much. We probably have plenty of those in our city eh Dr. House? :p:

What makes you think we care about what some dumb drunk Mexicans are doing?

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
You are all so stupid. This dumb fuck was probably drunk or high out of his mind when he made this thread.

Nope. Still here and still a newly converted Spurs fan. I may be a little drunk tonight because I plan to drink a bottle of wine in Pop's honor as an initiation for myself.

NRHector
07-31-2009, 10:01 AM
You are all so stupid. This dumb fuck was probably drunk or high out of his mind when he made this thread.and what is your excuse for making stupid threads?

pawe
07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
It's not like anyone of us here can do something about it. Root for the team you want..it's just basketball.
I still hate bandwagon fans though.
Go Big Red!

MoSpur
07-31-2009, 10:57 AM
If you're being serious, its cool.

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I live in San Antonio and am ready to support the silver and black.

you must also support the Cowboys or we don't want you.

ohmwrecker
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM

Uh-Oh.

spurspokesman
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM

:toast

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM

what if they move to san fran and hire only fags to play? omg--you're not a fag i hope? sorry, dude.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Not gonna happen, buddy but I'm still becoming a Spurs fan. You can always change from the Cowboys to the Texans since Houston is closer to San Antonio if you like.

Dex
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Not gonna happen, buddy but I'm still becoming a Spurs fan. You can always change from the Cowboys to the Texans since Houston is closer to San Antonio if you like.

:lmao

Nobody likes the Texans.

rayray2k8
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM

Uh no.
San Antonio doesn't have an NFL team. The cowboys are the adopted team of San Antonio.
Just because they're in Texas, doesn't mean you have to support them. If anything, the cowboys are the
Lakers of the NFL.
I myself am a Raven fan, mainly because of Ray Lewis.
Oh and I enjoyed every minute of the Ravens shutting down Texas stadium with Cowboy fans having their head down. :lol

urunobili
07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
:lmao

Nobody likes the Texans.

I still don't get why with such a great stadium they used to have.. now eclipsed by the state of the art New Cowboy's stadium one...

LakeShow
07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Well here I am. I cant, in good faith, support the Lakers anymore. Just to many things make me sick to my stomach. Like getting Gasol for nothing. Artest for nothing. Lamar on a reduced rate. Fisher released from the jazz and the Lakers get him for nothing. I just dont like it.

I understand a fan liking another team but those are some pretty dumb reasons not to want to support your supposedly favorite team. Who did the Spurs give up to get Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili and Parker?

Spursfans let him answer, please. If he wants to join you, at least let him put in some work.

I support teams that earn it.

They earned their titles on the Court! You lost me there. You're a troll.
See ya! I wouldn't want to be ya! :lobt2:

Spursfan092120
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
we dont like you kind around here

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/55a.jpg

Sobe_Kucks
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Kori needs to get us DrHouse's IP so we can track his location down and plan a riot at his place next year some time next June, for the appropriate circumstance. We all know how LA fans love their residence destroyed, especially when they lose.

You mean at his parent's place.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 05:45 PM
I understand a fan liking another team but those are some pretty dumb reasons not to want to support your supposedly favorite team. Who did the Spurs give up to get Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili and Parker?

Spursfans let him answer, please. If he wants to join you, at least let him put in some work.

They earned their titles on the Court! You lost me there. You're a troll.
See ya! I wouldn't want to be ya! :lobt2:

I'm gonna answer and this is gonna make you look silly. The Lakers got proven players for nothing. The Spurs took their shots in the drafts...example: Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Elliott. The Lakers got Shaq, who had already proved his worth. Gasol, who had already proved his worth, ect..

Are you stupid? The Spurs grabbed all their cornerstones in the draft and rolled the dice. It speaks volumes for a FO that can do that. Not offer huge money to the dominant center like Shaq after he has established that he isnt a bust. You moron.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Let me ask this Lakeshow guy, Now I call him out...the Lakers have drafted Kobe, Rush, Cook, Bynum,Sasha,Farmar,Turiaf....so tell me princess, how that is better than the Spurs drafting, Duncan, Robinson, Manu, Parker, Elliott?

Rogue
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna answer and this is gonna make you look silly. The Lakers got proven players for nothing. The Spurs took their shots in the drafts...example: Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Elliott. The Lakers got Shaq, who had already proved his worth. Gasol, who had already proved his worth, ect..

Are you stupid? The Spurs grabbed all their cornerstones in the draft and rolled the dice. It speaks volumes for a FO that can do that. Not offer huge money to the dominant center like Shaq after he has established that he isnt a bust. You moron.
it's not a proper time to condemn the Gasol robbery right after the Spurs committed a similar crime on the Bucks for Jefferson. Many other teams had also got tons of expiring contracts and their draft picks are not less preferable than the ones the Spurs held.

Baseline
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Welcome. But seriously, your list of reasons is almost comical. There are far bigger reasons to not be a Laker fan.

You can start with the fact that your top player is a rapist who paid his victim to drop criminal charges.

How anybody can be a Laker fan with that guy still on the team is absolutely beyond me. Have you ever read the police ranscript from Colorado? If not, I recommend that you do.

As you'll find out being a Spurs fan, the rest of the league operates on one plane - the plane of reality where we do our best to work hard and compete, always abiding by the rules and trying not to complain about obvious inequities. On the other hand, the Lakers operate on an entirely separate plane created by David Stern. That's the plane where trades like the Gasol deal are allowed to happen, shots like Fisher's 0.4 are allowed to count, and the league itself promotes a rapist to the point where it is a humiliation on any moral scale, regardless of how low that scale is.

vander
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
IMO, anyone who switches their favorite team was never a fan of the former, and will never be a fan of the latter.

Chillen
07-31-2009, 07:09 PM

Even if this isn't genuine feelings and a trolling attempt, the real funny thing about it is that it's all true. Lakers have had plenty of fortunate things happen since Kobe started pouting, crying trade me, trade me. I could actually see how someone could see that while earned, wasn't built like the Spurs have done by sticking with their guns. More or less spoon fed, Kobe cried and pouted and got his pudding, Gasol for a bag of peanuts and a 1 championship.

cobbler
07-31-2009, 08:52 PM

Let me ask this Lakeshow guy, Now I call him out...the Lakers have drafted Kobe, Rush, Cook, Bynum,Sasha,Farmar,Turiaf....so tell me princess, how that is better than the Spurs drafting, Duncan, Robinson, Manu, Parker, Elliott?

According to your criteria, Drafting unproven players is more preferable or more respectful than obtaining players already known for their skills. You said it speaks volumes for the FO tha have that insight and roll the dice. Sooo by your own criteria the Lakers FO has done a better job drafting.

On last years championship the Lakers had 3 starters they drafted. 2 were 17 when drafted and never played a game in the NBA or college. The other had a mediocre college career at Arkansas. You act like Robinson and Duncan were relative unknowns. They were standouts with proven college careers!!! The Spurs didnt tank that season to obtain a roll of the dice. Manu? He was well known in international play.

Your reasoning for jumping ships doesn't float... But on a good note... It's nice to be rid of another imposter from the Laker fold.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Once again, you kids like Cobbler, Vander, Zosa,...I bet not one of you are over the age of 25. How about this? I know more about the Spurs than you do and can prove to be a bigger and better fan than you? So dont be punks and act like you can judge me at your little teenage years. I'm a Spurs fan now and if you got a problem with it, lets see who knows more about San Antonio.

J.T.
07-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Fuck the 6* time champion Steelers.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Fuck the 6* time champion Steelers.

LOL. You made me relax. You only did this post to make smiles because no other team in the NFL can compete. You rock.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Once again, you kids like Cobbler, Vander, Zosa,...I bet not one of you are over the age of 25. How about this? I know more about the Spurs than you do and can prove to be a bigger and better fan than you? So dont be punks and act like you can judge me at your little teenage years. I'm a Spurs fan now and if you got a problem with it, lets see who knows more about San Antonio.

The amount of information you can google about the Alamo or Spurs or San Antonio in general will never make you a truer spurs fan than I.

and my age is in my profile.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
The amount of information you can google about the Alamo or Spurs or San Antonio in general will never make you a truer spurs fan than I.

You said you didnt get your first tv until after 2001...that means your a teenage punk....what under19? You talk tough but are a joke. I'm a Spurs fan now and gonna push you little kids that became Spurs fans just recently into the ground.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey, Zosa...how old are you? Own up.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey, Zosa...how old are you? Own up.

you didn't check my profile? just keep checking, it will show up eventually.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:31 PM
you didn't check my profile? just keep checking, it will show up eventually.

Dont need to check. Your a kid. You wanna come into threads and act tough. I switched teams and you wanna act like the judge and jury....sorry to say...but you're not.

pawe
07-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow what a predicament. Laker fan disowning him and Spurs fans doesnt want him.
OKC Thunder need fans too you know.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Dont need to check. Your a kid. You wanna come into threads and act tough. I switched teams and you wanna act like the judge and jury....sorry to say...but you're not.

i don't want you in my fanbase. I don't want you cheering for the same team. It's wrong. I don't believe you're a fan, I believe you're a troll. You're also an idiot, regardless of the matter. If you didn't expect fans to doubt your sincerity, you didn't do any thinking at all - which is most likely the case.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Wow what a predicament. Laker fan disowning him and Spurs fans doesnt want him.
OKC Thunder need fans too you know.

Laker fans never disowned me. If you teenage guys are gonna talk at least get your story straight. Alot of Spurs fans here have welcomed me and I am in and appreciate it. But then you have guys like this that fly off the cuff and dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. I cant wait for the season to start so I can talk sports as a Spurs fan with legit Spurs fans and not teenage kids who dont know any better. Hater, ray ray, Pucho, Spursfan092120, Spurcharger, Spursmania, Interrohater, galvatron 3000, duncan 228, and the list goes on...if I forgot anyone i apologize. I appreciate that you are willing to accept me as a Spurs fan now.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:47 PM
i don't want you in my fanbase. I don't want you cheering for the same team. It's wrong. I don't believe you're a fan, I believe you're a troll. You're also an idiot, regardless of the matter. If you didn't expect fans to doubt your sincerity, you didn't do any thinking at all - which is most likely the case.

You dont have a choice, kid.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
You dont have a choice, kid.

Oh but I do. AFAIC, you're still a Lakerfan. Even you cheered for the spurs I'll act like its just another Lakerfan in the crowd.

I don't like the steelers, either. Couldn't have picked any more bandwagons to ride, huh lakerfan?

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Oh but I do. AFAIC, you're still a Lakerfan. Even you cheered for the spurs I'll act like its just another Lakerfan in the crowd.

I don't like the steelers, either. Couldn't have picked any more bandwagons to ride, huh lakerfan?

Now I see why people here make fun of you. You think at your young age you run things and know all. Why not grow up and accept all Spurs fans and those that are converting to Spurs fans....or do you not understand it?

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Now I see why people here make fun of you.

that's quite ironic coming from you. But carryon:

You think at your young age you run things and know all. Why not grow up and accept all Spurs fans and those that are converting to Spurs fans....or do you not understand it?

I understand. You're a lakerfan trolling a spurs site. Be gone.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:55 PM
that's quite ironic coming from you. But carryon:

I understand. You're a lakerfan trolling a spurs site. Be gone.

When you get new material, we'll talk again, son.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
When you get new material, we'll talk again, son.

we won't talk again. You're the first person I've ever put on ignore.

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 11:58 PM
we won't talk again. You're the first person I've ever put on ignore.

I'm honored. But was there ever a doubt? Just like I said before, you are the type of person that runs and hides when a challenge happens. Lucky for you an ignore option is there, huh. You arent a true Spurs fan...your a wanna be tough guy and when it gets tough, you run and hide.

pawe
08-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Whatever, bandwagon fan.
You root for the Lakers because they just got the LOB.
You root for shitsburgh because they just won the superbowl.

SteelerNation
08-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Whatever, bandwagon fan.
You root for the Lakers because they just got the LOB.
You root for shitsburgh because they just won the superbowl.

lol. Once again I say this to you and its the last time...and stop looking like an immature punk. I am now a Spurs fan and hopped off the defending champs to be one. So tell me again how I am a bandwagoner? Usually bandwagoners stay on the team thats on top. Also I was born in Pittsburgh and thats why i'm a Steeler fan, kid....really, do your parents know you're on the computer? I like a lot of the Spurs fans here and look forward to rooting for the Spurs with ya'll throughout the season...but some of these kids like this guy are funny shit.

LakeShow
08-01-2009, 12:48 PM

:lol Make me look silly? Nothing you can say to make anybody look as stupid as you look right now. I really didn't gaf why or how those players ended on the spurs. I just couldn't understand your reasoning.

It's called Free Agency, dipshit. All teams do it. Where the fuck have you been? Why pick the spurs? They also benefited from FA (Finley, Horry) just to name a couple.

You're nothing but a troll/whore searching for attention. Good job, idiot! Now please get your punk ass team changed. Posters like you are disgrace to the purple and gold.

LakeShow
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM

Duncan and Rob were #1 picks, you have to be the worst team in the league to get those or you would have got the worst team in the leagues draft picks. In the spurs case, they were the worst, idb. The Lakers since the 80's were never the worst team in the league and that means that their draft picks were never high picks. It easy to get good players in the draft if you draft high, dumbass.

cobbler
08-01-2009, 01:15 PM

So i post showing how your drafting logic is completely baseless and your only reply is to call me a kid and say because im under 25 I couldnt know basketball? BRILLIANT!!!!

Well, just as your logic to jump ship was completely wrong, so is your assement on age. I am 52, been a Laker fan longer than you no doubt and have more basketball experience actually playing than you do "watching". What a dufus you look like announcing your jumping off the Laker bandwagon and on to the Spurs.

Oh, BTW... you are wrong there as well. Laker fans want no part of douche bags like you. You make us look bad.

ohmwrecker
08-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Being a Lakers fan used to be cool . . . in the 80's. Being a Lakers fan these days is the equivalent of being a Yankees fan. The Lakers are the team for casual fans, bandwagoneers and sheep who are coralled by ESPN and the talking head sports media.

I'm not saying there are not legit Lakers fans out there, but if don't know who Norm Nixon is, you aren't a Lakers fan.

z0sa
08-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Duncan and Rob were #1 picks, you have to be the worst team in the league to get those or you would have got the worst team in the leagues draft picks. In the spurs case, they were the worst, idb. The Lakers since the 80's were never the worst team in the league and that means that their draft picks were never high picks. It easy to get good players in the draft if you draft high, dumbass.

timmy and drob were #1's ten years apart.

What would you call parker and manu? "high" picks? Manu almost went undrafted judging by when he was picked (57). Parker was 27.

How is that drafting high?

LakeShow
08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
timmy and drob were #1's ten years apart.

What would you call parker and manu? "high" picks? Manu almost went undrafted judging by when he was picked (57). Parker was 27.

How is that drafting high?

I would call that a good job.

Listen, I'm not trying to diminish the spurs accomplishments at all. I don't know your history nor do I care to know. I'm speaking in general.

I'm just responding to the idiot who used the moronic reasoning to change teams.

WARRIOR86
08-01-2009, 06:20 PM

Welcome dude and all I can say is that you did the right thing. The Spurs have been nothing but a class act since thier inception.:toast

WARRIOR86
08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I would call that a good job.

Listen, I'm not trying to diminish the spurs accomplishments at all. I don't know your history nor do I care to know. I'm speaking in general.

I'm just responding to the idiot who used the moronic reasoning to change teams.

So know he's moronic because he changed sides. Typical laker fan thinking. When the lakers win a title thier unbeatable the next year but if any other team does it there's questions about thier return to the title. Get over it laker dude's. You can be beaten and it has been proven and it will be proven this coming year and that's a fact. GO SPURS GO.:lobt2:

LakeShow
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
So know he's moronic because he changed sides. Typical laker fan thinking. When the lakers win a title thier unbeatable the next year but if any other team does it there's questions about thier return to the title. Get over it laker dude's. You can be beaten and it has been proven and it will be proven this coming year and that's a fact. GO SPURS GO.:lobt2:

ok

lennyalderette
08-01-2009, 07:23 PM
wohooo i got a shit load of family in L.a a few of them couldnt hate the spurs if they tried, so i see where your coming from, its alot more rewarding being a spurs fan. welcome home!!

WARRIOR86
08-01-2009, 09:21 PM
i'd rather be a fencepost in texas than a lakers fan anywhere

Nice! I agree.

KSeal
08-01-2009, 09:43 PM

:lmao Bye bye you fucking ass clown.

cobbler
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
i'd rather be a fencepost in texas than a lakers fan anywhere

Is't it so cool to stand there all proud with your lifes dreams fullfilled! :lmao

SpursWench21
08-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I agree with the previous posters, actively defend the Spurs this next season and prove your loyalty... and if you all of sudden renounce your new allegiance to the Spurs, just remember that you will surely have a shitstorm in the form of comments from all sides fly your way so....type wisely (just a tip from a casual yet devoted observer of ST)

For now... Welcome!:toast Personally, ive never seen someone convert to another team in this respect, so this is all kind of interesting to me. Anyway, nice to see another fan rooting for the silver and black....I hope you stay true to your words

Viva Tim Duncan..Viva the Spurs family! New season here we come!!:flag:

ohmwrecker
08-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Nixon is just a flash in the pan. Our history is much richer than a guy that got dumped on our JV squad.

You're not really getting the point . . . OK, how about George Mikan?

sabar
08-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Guess the people accepting him don't remember the 80 trolling posts he had prior to his conversion. It's cool though, some can see the light :hat

BUMP
08-02-2009, 07:54 AM
once you changed teams once, who's to say you wont do it again

the only solution?

kill yourself

holcs50
08-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Thats the most retarded question ive ever heard. SA people when ive been there are chill and if your walking thru with a lakers jersey i dont think you'd get laid out. Now im not talking about LA because never lived there but say Orange county if I walked thru with a spurs jersey in newport -which ive done- its not good, cuz all these drunk stuck up faggets with tattoos, roided up and think they are hard and want to fight. Seriously my friends were like take that shit off, im like hell no son. ha. My best friend really didnt want to go out with me wearing a jersey cuz he thought we get rocked one night even tho he was wearing a west jersey---people are dumb here, and drunk. Its a damn sport have fun with it or move on kids. Ive been approached many time for wearing my gino jersey out and got punches thrown because meatheads cant differentiate from sports to life. And ill still wear it id care. Even in diego now i wear spurs shorts to the gym, and bandwagoners are like "spurs" im like "ya". ha, just funny, i hope sa people dont do that

spursncowboys
08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Good to see you got out of the dark side, SteelerNation. The way I see it if you choose the Spurs when all the hype is to LA or Clev, then I doubt you are the typical bandwagon rider. I remember the years before we got Duncan and the three years the Lakers stole championships from SA and Sac how all the fake fans found ways to get off the bus. Good for you though...Now you need to get with America's team -Cowboys and you'll be fine!!

ohmwrecker
08-02-2009, 10:43 AM
What is this bullshit with having to like the Cowboys if you are a Spurs fan? I've read that here several times. I don't like Dallas period. I haven't liked the Cowboys since the Landry era. The Oilers moved to Nashville. I am a Saints fan. Spurs and Saints!

SteelerNation
08-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I appreciate all the Spurs fans who are welcoming me aboard. I wont disappoint. We're gonna have a great run this season and for many more afterward. And its no wonder I changed teams. How can I continue to support a team with a bunch of classless douche bags like the Laker fans you see before you in this thread? I cant believe I stood along these gutless wonders for so long. How stupid was I?

BUMP
08-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I appreciate all the Spurs fans who are welcoming me aboard. I wont disappoint. We're gonna have a great run this season and for many more afterward. And its no wonder I changed teams. How can I continue to support a team with a bunch of classless douche bags like the Laker fans you see before you in this thread? I cant believe I stood along these gutless wonders for so long. How stupid was I?

nobody cares

doobs
08-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Ever heard of the draft lottery, genius? You don't have to be the worst team to get the top pick.

Ever heard of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili?

Remember the 90s, when the Lakers sucked big fat donkey balls? Or the post-Shaq-pre-Gasol years, when Kobe was a bitch-made ex-rapist who couldn't lead his team anywhere and publicly lobbied to ship himself, or his teammates, out of town? I do.

SteelerNation
08-02-2009, 11:14 AM
nobody cares

Is there still an NBA team in Dallas? And if so, why? Spurs and Rockets are the only teams in Texas that can win championships in the NBA. The Mavericks are like the Texas Rangers of baseball....whoops, sorry.

lennyalderette
08-02-2009, 03:55 PM
haha

BoricuaCJA
08-02-2009, 04:09 PM
It's cool that you switched sides but really I don't trust you. All it seems like you doing is that you are gonna be here until we start playing bad and go bandwagon someone else. Your not really a TRUE fan of t team. You just like good teams but welcome anyways for however short or long the stay will be.

BUMP
08-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Is there still an NBA team in Dallas? And if so, why? Spurs and Rockets are the only teams in Texas that can win championships in the NBA. The Mavericks are like the Texas Rangers of baseball....whoops, sorry.

Maybe i can just change my team like u did only without the lengthy essay

who gives a shit if your gonna change teams. you dont need an inaugaral address

:lol bandwagoner

MaNuMaNiAc
08-02-2009, 05:08 PM
To all you motherfuckers claiming rights to Spurs fandom: SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

Nobody in this fucking place has any say on who can or cannot be a Spurs fan, so quit acting like douchebags and again SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Welcome to Spurs fandom SteelerNation :tu Glad you finally saw the light.