PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is going well...

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Obama's Cash-For-Clunkers (http://www.startribune.com/business/51943937.html?page=1&c=y) program is running with true government efficiency.

Dealers reported problems with the government’s online system to get the transactions approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which is running the program.

Scott Lambert, vice president of the Minnesota Auto Dealers Association, said he was “astounded” to learn at a meeting Tuesday representing about 150 Minnesota dealers that not one has had a deal approved.

“We had dealers representing 1,500 to 2,000 transactions,” he said. “We asked how many had a deal approved yet, and not one hand went up.”

Lambert said the government has created a program that’s “so big and cumbersome that it can’t find a way to accept anything. We’re sending in good, reliable deals.”

It’s nerve-racking for the dealers, he said, because they have given the customer $4,500 and now the dealers need to be reimbursed.
Don’t worry, though — I’m sure they’ll do a better job with your prostate.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Wait, this just in: Govt to suspend 'cash for clunkers' (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99P2U9G1&show_article=1)

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
And the government is so efficient....:lmao:lmao

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM
And they want to be responsible for your health care.

Wild Cobra
07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
What a wonderful congress we have.

Hope you liberals are proud of the work your elected officials do.

balli
07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
It seems to me to be an over-whelming success. There are less shitty polluters on the road and a hell of a lot more people spending tens of thousands on new cars.

So boo fucking hoo, some Minnesotan dealers haven't been recompensed within the first week of the program's operation. GMAFB. Do any of you dimwits actually think they're not going to get their money back? Did any of you dimwits actually expect it to happen in a matter of days?

Wait, this just in: Govt to suspend 'cash for clunkers'
You'd prefer they not take the time to sort out what's been an overwhelmingly popular program? You'd prefer they keep going and spend past their budget?

Your dumb ass is calling the program's management a failure and then you contradict yourself by mocking the fact that they're going to take some time for management.

Make up your mind (If you have one at all).

ChumpDumper
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Well, a lot of them are still in business only because of government intervention and thousands of those sales never would have happened were it not for the program. If they never get their money I guess you guys will have scoreboard.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
It seems to me to be an over-whelming success. There are less shitty polluters on the road and a hell of a lot more people spending tens of thousands on new cars.

So boo fucking hoo, some Minnesotan dealers haven't been recompensed within the first week of the program's operation. GMAFB. Do any of you dimwits actually think they're not going to get their money back? Did any of you dimwits actually expect it to happen in a matter of days?

You'd prefer they not take the time to sort out what's been an overwhelmingly popular program? You'd prefer they keep going and spend past their budget?

Your dumb ass is calling the program's management a failure and then you contradict yourself by mocking the fact that they're going to take some time for management.

Make up your mind (If you have one at all).
You would think they'd of done some research and know how popular the program was going to be.

And, it's not just in Minnesota...dealers all over the country have hung themselves out by selling cars on the promise the government was going to honor the clunker deal.

What are you, homeless, jobless, and on the dole? Do you not have an employer that expects to make a profit so he can pay your sorry ass?

balli
07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
And, it's not just in Minnesota...dealers all over the country have hung themselves out by selling cars on the promise the government was going to honor the clunker deal.
The government is going to honor the clunker deal. It's been 4 days, you fucking clueless joke.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 09:42 PM
The government is going to honor the clunker deal. It's been 4 days, you fucking clueless joke.
Program started July 1, it was being planned before that.

I wonder how many assumptions about Obamacare and Cap and Tax are as fucked up as the government assumptions about this deal.

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Yep, just like with heath care. You need surgery? Don't worry we're working on it....:lmao

Wild Cobra
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM

I wonder how many assumptions about Obamacare and Cap and Tax are as fucked up as the government assumptions about this deal.
And why did they suspend it for popularity since it had a limit anyway, insuring automatic suspension?

Looks like they knew they just fucked up. At least they were smart enough to see just how fucked up they are!

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Obama supporters probably think cap and trade only means you turn in bottle caps and recycle, so the government could then send you a check....

Marcus Bryant
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
So it's a "success" for the government to subsidize someone's purchase of a vehicle? What an odd world in which we live.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
And why did they suspend it for popularity since it had a limit anyway, insuring automatic suspension?The problem is the backlog, they don't want cars being sold with a rebate if there is no money to give as a rebate.

clambake
07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
republicans are for unemployment.

why do you hate your country?

balli
07-30-2009, 10:18 PM

I wonder how many assumptions about Obamacare and Cap and Tax are as fucked up as the government assumptions about this deal.[sic]

Passed by Congress in late June to help the flagging U.S. auto industry and launched just a week ago, the program gives vouchers worth up to $4,500 to consumers who trade in gas-guzzling cars for more fuel-efficient models.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/30/AR2009073004122.html

I wonder how many assumptions about Obama in general are as uninformed and bitter as Yoni's routinely are?

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Hey, Republicans didn't raise the minimum wage.

Jacob1983
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Another epic fail courtesy of Obama. Good job, Barry!

ChumpDumper
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Another epic fail courtesy of Obama. Good job, Barry!It was actually too successful.

Yonivore
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
It was actually too successful.
They can't afford it.

Just like they can't afford health care or cap and tax.

I wonder if they'll scrap those programs (assuming they ever get passed) a month into them, when they realize, oh shit! This is expensive.

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
They can't afford it.

I wonder if they'll scrap those programs (assuming they ever get passed) a month into them, when they realize, oh shit! This is expensive.

Nahhh....they'll just keep on adding to the debt and taxing us to death...

ElNono
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm actually more interested to see a Beer-For-Clunkers program, now that we officially have Beer Summits...

Spursmania
07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm actually more interested to see a Beer-For-Clunkers program, now that we officially have Beer Summits...

That's a good one...:lol

ChumpDumper
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM
They can't afford it.

I wonder if they'll scrap those programs (assuming they ever get passed) a month into them, when they realize, oh shit! This is expensive.That would have worked in the run-up to Iraq had they been honest with themselves.

SonOfAGun
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Could

Not

Run

a

Taco

Stand

If

their

errr

YOUR

life

depended

on

it.

DarrinS
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
I know a kid right out of college who got $4500 for his P.O.S. car and also got $8000 as a first time home buyer.

$12,500 for a person who's barely paid shit as a tax payer.

About a third of his salary! And hasn't even worked a year yet!

Who's paying for this?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually had to work hard and save money to have a down payment for my first home.

What's the reward for those of us who have, for years, worked hard, paid our bills, never defaulted on a mortgage, etc. etc.?

Bartleby
07-31-2009, 11:03 AM
What's the reward for those of us who have, for years, worked hard, paid our bills, never defaulted on a mortgage, etc. etc.?

You get to cry and complain and feel sorry for yourself on the Internet. Enjoy! :toast

DarrinS
07-31-2009, 11:09 AM
You get to cry and complain and feel sorry for yourself on the Internet. Enjoy! :toast

My reward will be watching the political pendulum swing hard the other way after the vast majority of Americans see the enormous ineptitude of a far left presidency and congress.

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
My reward will be watching the political pendulum swing hard the other way after the vast majority of Americans see the enormous ineptitude of a far left presidency and congress.

well that would make you a marxist

101A
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM

Hello. I'm from the Internal Revenue Service. I have something for you.

Bend over.

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello. I'm from the Internal Revenue Service. I have something for you.

Bend over.

you righties are obsessed with anal sex. maybe you were an altar boy?

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Hopefully that you don't see the economy fall off a cliff and lose your job.

101A
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
you righties are obsessed with anal sex. maybe you were an altar boy?

"Bend Over" is so ubiquitous that actually thinking about it in terms of anal intercourse is long past being relevant.

Other examples:

"Bitch"
"Bastard"
"Motherfucker"

Only one of us thought, literally, of anal penetration when I posted "bend over". It wasn't me.

Were you an altar boy?

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Were you an altar boy?

yes.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
"too successful"

:lmao

so was Jim Jones

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
break in case of emergency
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nSK2jhS5L._SL500_.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
"too successful"

so was Jim Jones

you call mass suicide a success? you're a good nazi aren't you?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
you call cash for clunkers a success? you're a good sheep aren't you?

parallels are a bitch.

Oh, Gee!!
07-31-2009, 12:22 PM
you call cash for clunkers a success? you're a good sheep aren't you?

they sold out of them shits quick. what would you call that, fag?

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 01:09 PM
So, turns out Yoni is wrong again.

House Votes to Extend 'Clunkers' Program

By COREY BOLES and JOSH MITCHELL

The House voted Friday to transfer $2 billion in emergency funding from the economic stimulus plan to the "cash for clunkers" program, ensuring it has sufficient funds to continue.

The move follows a scramble Thursday after it emerged that the initial $1 billion allocated to the clunkers program may have been close to exhausted after just one week. The legislation would shift $2 billion from the $787 billion stimulus plan to the program.

The House voted 316 to 109 to approve the extension. Because the measure was placed on the suspension calendar, it required two-thirds of lawmakers' support to carry it.

The clunkers program, which began last week, offers consumers vouchers for as much as $4,500 to trade in their gas guzzlers for new, more fuel-efficient models.

As of Friday morning, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which is handling the clunker rebates, has processed $250 million in vouchers, the Transportation Department told auto makers and industry lobbying groups, a person said. NHTSA is doubling the number of people it has reviewing voucher applications to speed up the process, this person said....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124903908261696593.html

clambake
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
this is a viva failfest!

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
of course they were going to extend it.

it's not if you win or lose. it's how you look doing it.

i thought the stimulus cash was already allotted for other programs...........it's all a shell game with many dazed onlookers.

idiots rejoice!

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
this is a viva failfest!

actually it's a government failfest.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
:lol Viva las Esfailspin!

DarrinS
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
So, turns out Yoni is wrong again.

House Votes to Extend 'Clunkers' Program

By COREY BOLES and JOSH MITCHELL

The House voted Friday to transfer $2 billion in emergency funding from the economic stimulus plan to the "cash for clunkers" program, ensuring it has sufficient funds to continue.

The move follows a scramble Thursday after it emerged that the initial $1 billion allocated to the clunkers program may have been close to exhausted after just one week. The legislation would shift $2 billion from the $787 billion stimulus plan to the program.

The House voted 316 to 109 to approve the extension. Because the measure was placed on the suspension calendar, it required two-thirds of lawmakers' support to carry it.

The clunkers program, which began last week, offers consumers vouchers for as much as $4,500 to trade in their gas guzzlers for new, more fuel-efficient models.

As of Friday morning, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which is handling the clunker rebates, has processed $250 million in vouchers, the Transportation Department told auto makers and industry lobbying groups, a person said. NHTSA is doubling the number of people it has reviewing voucher applications to speed up the process, this person said....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124903908261696593.html

So, Operation Money For Nothing will be extended?

I'm thrilled.

clambake
07-31-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm thrilled.

saving jobs is money for nothing?

you're stoopid.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm thrilled.You're still posting from work, right?

DarrinS
07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
You're still posting from work, right?

If I write one post an hour, 24 hours per day, for 365 days per year, I'll catch up to your post count in about 4½ years.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
If I write one post an hour, 24 hours per day, for 365 days per year, I'll catch up to your post count in about 4½ years.I'm not posting from work.

Are you?

DarrinS
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm not posting from work.

Are you?

Then you don't work much.

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not posting from work.

Are you?

Do you have a job? Perhaps that is why you are a democrat.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Then you don't work much.

nice

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Then you don't work much.No, I don't work much. If you calculate it that way, my hourly rate is pretty ridiculous these days, but I'd be difficult to replace. If things go right, I'll be able to get the same money working even less than I do now.

Now, I'll ask again: are you posting from work?

clambake
07-31-2009, 02:33 PM
No, I don't work much. If you calculate it that way, my hourly rate is pretty ridiculous these days, but I'd be difficult to replace. If things go right, I'll be able to get the same money working even less than I do now.

you sound like my IT guy.

by the way, i hate my IT guy.

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 02:39 PM
If things go right, I'll be able to get the same money working even less than I do now.

Free healthcare will give you a bump in your salary. Good for you. :toast

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Free healthcare will give you a bump in your salary. Good for you. :toastNo, I'll keep paying for mine.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Did everybody have to get back to work?

:lol

Suckers.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Do you have a job? Perhaps that is why you are a democrat.
You have to be the worst poster in this forum. And that's saying something.

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
You have to be the worst poster in this forum. And that's saying something.

Blame Bush......Does that make you feel better fag?

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Dude...I don't want you tho think that. I hope this helps change your mind.

Palin is a dumb bitch, the sky is falling, have no borders, give all deadbeats food,healthcare, homes, get rid of the police, white men are the devils, Olberman is the smartest tv commentator, Obama never lies, CIA lied to Pelosi, Cap and Trade is not a tax, smokers have no rights, tax soda, tax every citizen per pound, anyone not a democrat are dumb rednecks, San Antonio has no fat people, it is cleanest city in the U.S. and the San Antonio Spurs are the best team ever to play B-ball in history of the world.

Hopefully it is atleast a start.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 04:15 PM

Palin is a dumb bitch, the sky is falling, have no borders, give all deadbeats food,healthcare, homes, get rid of the police, white men are the devils, Olberman is the smartest tv commentator, Obama never lies, CIA lied to Pelosi, Cap and Trade is not a tax, smokers have no rights, tax soda, tax every citizen per pound, anyone not a democrat are dumb rednecks, San Antonio has no fat people, it is cleanest city in the U.S. and the San Antonio Spurs are the best team ever to play B-ball in history of the world.

:lol You angry?

And I live in Houston, you fucking dumbass. We have no business making fun of other cities' fat people or cleanliness.

George Gervin's Afro
07-31-2009, 04:15 PM

stick to calling people fags jack you sound much more intelligent as opposed this drivel you have posted.

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 04:22 PM
And I live in Houston, .

I should have guessed...Fag central.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I should have guessed...Fag central.
:rollin What's with the homoerotic obsession?

ElNono
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
House just approved an extra $2 Billion for the program...

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
:rollin What's with the homoerotic obsession?

You are from Houston and it is the most populated area for fags in Texas. Just saying.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
You are from Houston and it is the most populated area for fags in Texas. Just saying.
Sorry, wasn't aware. I don't keep up with that sort of thing.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
House just approved an extra $2 Billion for the program...
I'm at odds with the program. I might actually be the best stimulus they have done. Still, how many of these people would have bought anyway? I think most of the people participating are just being subsidized for no good reason. I'm sure it's making the difference for some. Hard to tell though.

TheProfessor
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm at odds with the program. I might actually be the best stimulus they have done. Still, how many of these people would have bought anyway? I think most of the people participating are just being subsidized for no good reason. I'm sure it's making the difference for some. Hard to tell though.
Yeah, hard to tell overall, but it's definitely got people talking and moving to make a purchase that they might have waited longer on. It's good to see something they've passed have some sort of tangible effect.

jack sommersett
07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Sometimes I think about Harry Potter while I touch myself during church. Does that mean I'm going to hell?

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Sorry, wasn't aware. I don't keep up with that sort of thing.

No problem. I forgive you. I don't hate the queers. It's disgusting they stick each others KAWKS in each others assholes but nothing I can do about it. I am not promoting chump dumpers male ass eating habits and/or I am not giving away his secret place to meet other fags but here you go http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/home/

sabar
07-31-2009, 04:42 PM

Wasn't there something in the Club posted where most dealers take away their discount in anticipation of the vouchers? If so, it's a mostly zero-sum game anyways that preys on people that don't realize that fact. It's like a psychological stimulus.

Does taking "clunkers" off the road hurt the economy or certain sectors of it? They don't have to spend cash on gas every 10 miles now from their 1993 SUV. :stirpot:

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
No problem. I forgive you. I don't hate the queers. It's disgusting they stick each others KAWKS in each others assholes but nothing I can do about it.Except post about it again and again and again. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
I am not promoting chump dumpers male ass eating habits and/or I am not giving away his secret place to meet other fags but here you go http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/home/Since I'm not a homosexual, I never heard of that website. But you, you are like a Google for gays.

You're a Gaygle.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Wasn't there something in the Club posted where most dealers take away their discount in anticipation of the vouchers? If so, it's a mostly zero-sum game anyways that preys on people that don't realize that fact. It's like a psychological stimulus.

Does taking "clunkers" off the road hurt the economy or certain sectors of it? They don't have to spend cash on gas every 10 miles now from their 1993 SUV. :stirpot:
I don't think it does anything good in that regard. The best thing I see is giving the auto industry an immediate boost without directly bailing them out. In fact, I could argue this hurts the poor. What if enough decent running cars are crushed, making low cost used cars harder to find for people who cannot afford a new car? Supply and demand should raise the price of used cars, right?

Did I help you stir the pot?

jack sommerset
07-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Except post about it again and again and again. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.Since I'm not a homosexual, I never heard of that website. But you, you are like a Google for gays.

You're a Gaygle.

My bad.... Thought you told me you sucked the shit off of balls. I sincerely apologize.:toast

Since you faggots have a hard time with me calling you faggots I will stop. But I will say this. You homosexuals really need to quit sticking ur kawks in shitholes. It is beyond perverted. FYI..... I don't believe in God. I believe in common sense. That says no fucking holes where shit comes from. Most importantly to me is you should not base ur vote on a candidate that says it it ok for men to suck each other off. Most are lying to you anyway. Look at Obama. You don't think for one second if Obama saw two dudes fucking he would not puke.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
You just need the love of a good man. There's a Mr. Right out there for you. :toast

Bender
07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
first time I've been to this thread. and I only read the first page.

There are less shitty polluters on the road and a hell of a lot more people spending tens of thousands on new cars.

I don't see how getting people to trade in their paid off cars and take on tens of thousands of new debt is helping anything.

Gov't: Let's get consumers further in debt!!

Gov't: and us too!!

ChumpDumper
07-31-2009, 05:25 PM
So people shouldn't buy anything if they are able to?

LnGrrrR
07-31-2009, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the thoughtful take WC.

ElNono
07-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Now we need a Cash-For-Assholes program to cash in for killing those assholes that do 25 MPH on a 40 MPH street...

angrydude
07-31-2009, 11:07 PM
I think the argument as to why this is a stupid program to begin with goes something like this:

America doesn't need new cars for Americans to buy. America already has plenty of cars that work just fine. What America needs is to build new cars to export overseas.

Its like saying, "Why not cash for crappy cities? We can burn down Detroit, heck why not every major city, and rebuild them with government money in an eco friendly manner! Think of the GDP! We can be like china and continually see 10% growth in the economy every quarter!"

In other words this program doesn't help the economy no matter how much the govt. pretend it does. If the economy needed it the govt. wouldn't have to subsidize it. All it helps is to lower the level of co2.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2009, 12:01 AM
What America needs is to build new cars to export overseas.So with these sales, the car companies can expand production to sell cars overseas. They probably were are already getting money from the government to market them overseas.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-01-2009, 12:15 AM

I'll take Strawman arguments for $1000, Alex.

angrydude
08-01-2009, 12:17 PM
So with these sales, the car companies can expand production to sell cars overseas. They probably were are already getting money from the government to market them overseas.

I doubt a lack of this revenue is the primary limitation of car exports. True increased business is always good, but that's a pretty big jump to make to say this program is going to lead to increased exports.

If that really was the goal, there are better ways to do it anyway.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I doubt a lack of this revenue is the primary limitation of car exports. True increased business is always good, but that's a pretty big jump to make to say this program is going to lead to increased exports.I'm saying it's not going to hurt. Artificial market restrictions are probably the largest obstacle, but a loosening of such restrictions during a worldwide recession is a bit of a pipe dream in my opinion.

If that really was the goal, there are better ways to do it anyway.It wasn't the real goal. You see the priorities differently.

angrydude
08-01-2009, 02:06 PM
fair enough

Viva Las Espuelas
08-01-2009, 05:57 PM
mqfuZ7hiap0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0

clambake
08-01-2009, 06:03 PM
lol glenn beck

Viva Las Espuelas
08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
so are $100+ oil changes................

clambake
08-01-2009, 06:05 PM
so are $100+ oil changes................

take your car to goober, see if i care.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-01-2009, 06:09 PM
take your car to goober, see if i care.
i don't mind a little dirt and sweat. i fix my own cars.

swing and a miss

clambake
08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
i don't mind a little dirt and sweat. i fix my own cars.

so what.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2009, 06:22 PM
What does Glenn Beck have to hide on his computer?

Rogue
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I doubt a lack of this revenue is the primary limitation of car exports. True increased business is always good, but that's a pretty big jump to make to say this program is going to lead to increased exports.

If that really was the goal, there are better ways to do it anyway.
americans cars can't even hold a stand in the local market. More and More americans would rather spend their green papers on Japanese cars which are relatively cheap and energy efficient, and the sky-rocketing oil prize pumps more fuel to the fast blooming of Japanese cars and the regression of domestic cars. And I don't expect the people of any other country to purchase Americans cars in big amount, since even the American consumers are reluctant to pay the long bills of oil.

Rogue
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
It was the concept of so-called "free market" that killed the two auto giants. I'm not sick of the hard-working automakers who designed and produced those foreign cars, as their cars are so good as to save their owners dollars and help mitigate the global warming.

No one will purchase a car only because it's "american", we just choose the one which is the most worthy of our money. Then our dollars reasonably flow into the pockets of Japanese car dealers. The federal government should tax on those foreign cars even though not very hard, just to make some squeezed room for local cars to live.