PDA

View Full Version : So now that Lamar is going to sign with the Lakers....

TheMACHINE
07-31-2009, 02:54 AM
..can Spurstalk go back to normal. You know, saying that Odom is an overpaid pothead. That Odom is inconsistent and is overated. You know, Odom cant even get into an all star game.

These past 3 weeks of spurstalk "twilight zone" moments were crazy. I was almost convinced that Odom was the greatest player of all time. I almost believed that a team without Odom, but with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest and Bynum wont even get out of the first round, but a team with odom is locked to repeat. So now, the Lakers got Odom...lets go back to saying he sucks.

Muser
07-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Doesn't Odom always suck after a big pay day?

VivaPopovich
07-31-2009, 07:09 AM
..can Spurstalk go back to normal. You know, saying that Odom is an overpaid pothead. That Odom is inconsistent and is overated. You know, Odom cant even get into an all star game.

Don't forget Odumb.

Big relief for Laker fans everywhere, or it should be. Odom is basically a starter. Plays more minutes than Bynum and closes games over Bynum. Can't believe it took this long. Spurs/Lakers Western Conference Finals is going to be epic.

pauls931
07-31-2009, 07:46 AM
The title is for the Lakers to lose again this year. I don't think Shaq with lebron will be enough. It'll take a healthy celtic team.

phyzik
07-31-2009, 09:01 AM
Odom is over rated but he is the perfect Lynchpin for the Lakers bench. He would be mediocre anywhere else but if you pull that pin out of the Lakers, the bench (and thus the team) would be crippled big time. It's borderline ridiculous how much he means to the Lakers regardless of how over rated he is as an individual player. I truly believe he makes the difference between legit contenders vs legit competitors for the Lakers.

Its a crazy enigma.

Def Rowe
07-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Odom is over rated but he is the perfect Lynchpin for the Lakers bench. He would be mediocre anywhere else but if you pull that pin out of the Lakers, the bench (and thus the team) would be crippled big time. It's borderline ridiculous how much he means to the Lakers regardless of how over rated he is as an individual player. I truly believe he makes the difference between legit contenders vs legit competitors for the Lakers.

Its a crazy enigma.

I agree.

samikeyp
07-31-2009, 09:08 AM
This IS Spurstalk being normal. :)

Phillip
07-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Don't forget Odumb.

Big relief for Laker fans everywhere, or it should be. Odom is basically a starter. Plays more minutes than Bynum and closes games over Bynum. Can't believe it took this long. Mavs/Spurs Western Conference Finals is going to be epic.

fixed

DrHouse
07-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Why on earth do Spur fans think they are all of a sudden going to get back to the WCF?

You just got trashed 6 ways from Sunday from one of the worst Maverick teams I've seen in the last 5 years. In the 1st round. With HCA. Your team is a LONG ways away from being a WCF lock. They have to get onto the court and prove it.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Why on earth do Spur fans think they are all of a sudden going to get back to the WCF?

Spurs fans have some high flutin' love affair with "deserving"...:jack

It's their major personna, ESPN brought the concept to them, Pop bought it, on & on & on. It's their like brand.

BUMP
07-31-2009, 09:47 AM

You just got trashed 6 ways from Sunday from one of the worst Maverick teams I've seen in the last 5 years. In the 1st round. With HCA. Your team is a LONG ways away from being a WCF lock. They have to get onto the court and prove it.

+1 House

There are so many factors to consider and they are a LONG way away from being a lock.

Dallas, Portland, Denver, are all capable of knocking SA out before they even get there and thats assuming that all 4 of their premier players (Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Jefferson) will be healthy and playing at a high level at the end of the year which of course is no guarantee

mystargtr34
07-31-2009, 09:48 AM

So again, you think adding Manu + Jefferson + McDyess, to take over from Finley, Bonner and Bowen, requires on court proof, before you believe the Spurs will be a much improved basketball team.

Yet the Lakers have no doubt improved by replacing Artest with Ariza.

mystargtr34
07-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Good to have the rest of the Laker fans back now too :toast.

Hops
07-31-2009, 09:54 AM
What is with all these Laker threads??? Do you Laker fans feel compelled to tell us all how great the Lakers are all at once? :sleep

kamikazi_player
07-31-2009, 10:27 AM
What is with all these Laker threads??? Do you Laker fans feel compelled to tell us all how great the Lakers are all at once? :sleep
They need to express their bragging rights :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow, Lakers fans are joking about Odom being the best player of all time when they're the ones making 20 threads about him everyday. Weird.

all_heart
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
+1 House

There are so many factors to consider and they are a LONG way away from being a lock.

Dallas, Portland, Denver, are all capable of knocking SA out before they even get there and thats assuming that all 4 of their premier players (Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Jefferson) will be healthy and playing at a high level at the end of the year which of course is no guarantee

It's the fucking pre-season, almost every team has a shot at glory. And the name of the forum is called spurstalk, not mavstalk or lakertalk.. DUH
But... you gotta like our chances :p:

Spurs_210
07-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Nobody likes me. You guys are suppose to respect me cause my team won the title. Wah wah

Spurs_210
07-31-2009, 03:01 PM
So again, you think adding Manu + Jefferson + McDyess, to take over from Finley, Bonner and Bowen, requires on court proof, before you believe the Spurs will be a much improved basketball team.

Of course he thinks that way. He's a homer with no knowledge of the sport.
90% of House's posts

You do know the Lakers won the 09 title and the Spurs lost the first round.

nkdlunch
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
stop your nonsense. Signing Odom for less money, you guaranteed a disgruntled Lamar. He will make Lakers worse. get it right

ulosturedge
07-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah Spurs fans are the only fans that swing their point of views on things... If I remember straight there was a few Lakers fans saying forget Odom ect. when shit started hitting the fan with negotations.

And yes back to Odom sucks lol. He is falling back into obscurity now. He is going to be a little bitter that he didnt get the best of Buss so now hes gonna slack.

phyzik
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Maybe he will pull a Kobe and not take any shots during a game just to prove a point. :lol

crc21209
07-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Whether he stayed in L.A. or went to Miami, he's still an inconsistent piece of trash. You gotta remember...now he's got his contract. Will he be as good as last year or not now that he's got his contract? Hmm...

Spursfan092120
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM

lol...only you would be angered at saying we are going to be playing against you in the WCF. You're an idiot, DrHouse..explain how we're not improved when we didn't even have Manu last year, plus we add Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess, and lose Bruce, Kurt, and Fab, but you've definitely improved by adding a headcase and losing a guy who won 2 playoff games against Denver with athletic plays that Artest couldn't have made.

crc21209
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM

The Spurs have proven over and over again that they can come back from a failed season or two. This team has bounced back from more heartbreaks than any other team.

2003- They won the ship in 03' after getting their asses handed to them in 2001 and 2002 by the Lakers, but yet were able to end the dynasty and take the title in 2003.

2005- Big bounce back year, after the crushing .4 shot by Derek Fisher the previous year. Then they came and did something the Lakers couldnt do in 04' , take down the Pistons in the Finals.

2007- Another big bounce back after the "Manu foul" on Dirk in the Wester Conf. Semi's in 2006. They went on to sweep the Cavs in the Finals and claim ship No. 4.

So if you think the Spurs cant bounce back from a dissapointing ending to a dissapointing year, you are DAMN wrong.

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2009, 04:54 PM

What a dumbass.... Hmm... let's see.

In 2007 the Lakers lost in the 1st round 4-1
In 2008, they made it to the Finals after retooling their team (add Fisher & Gasol, got rid of Smush and Kwame)

In 2009 the Spurs lost in the 1st round 4-1
In 2010, they retooled their roster (got rid of Thomas/Oberto/Udoka/Vaughn and banished FInley to the bench while adding Jefferson,McDyess, Blair, Ratliff, Mahinmi)

Hmm... I don't know? Why SHOULD we think the Spurs are going back to the conference Finals???:rolleyes

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Why SHOULD we think the Spurs are going back to the conference Finals???:rolleyes

Because it's your turn for a hand down from Stern.

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Because it's your turn for a hand down from Stern.

You mean a handout? Like the one the Lakers got vs the Kings in 2002?

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 05:15 PM
handout/handown, six of one, half dozen of another. He slipped you Duncan when nobody was lookin'---He slipped us 2002 when nobody was lookin'---Mr & Mrs Wallace dropped little Rasheed on his gourd when nobody was lookin' and you got 2005---The Injury Fairy dusted KG and I got 2009.

Yer due, Dunc.

Jello
07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Chubby, my main man! Word around town was that you were dead. Looks like that is not true. You looking forward to spending a lot of late nights out at your light pole come this season? Oh, and tee hee.

Spurs fans have some high flutin' love affair with "deserving"...:jack

It's their major personna, ESPN brought the concept to them, Pop bought it, on & on & on. It's their like brand.

cobbler
07-31-2009, 07:01 PM

These are the same guys posting how ONE new guy on the Lakers is going to screw up chemistry and bring them down a peg and yet the 3 or 4 changes to their team has locked them into the WCF. :lmao

cobbler
07-31-2009, 07:04 PM

Yes. See 2004 Lakers...

The Franchise
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Yes. See 2004 Lakers...

Totally different circumstances. The players you guys brought in never adjusted because they didn't know how to be role players. The players the Spurs brought in know exactly what their roles are.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Chubby, my main man! Word around town was that you were dead. Looks like that is not true. You looking forward to spending a lot of late nights out at your light pole come this season? Oh, and tee hee.

Hey!!! Yep old Cubby ain't dead. I don't do the light pole no more. The children are off on their own, so it's just me and old lady now. I just mute the TV at crisis times & close my eyes tight. tee, hee.

Goran Dragic
07-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Why does DrHouse talk about the Lakers like all of their achievements are his achievements?

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Why does DrHouse talk about the Lakers like all of their achievements are his achievements?

Because the teams want us, encourage us to live thru their accomplishments vicariously.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Because the teams want us, encourage us to live thru their accomplishments vicariously.

Doesn't change the fact that the Lakers being better than the Spurs doesn't mean DrHouse is a better person than all Spurs fans, contrary to what he thinks.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Doesn't change the fact that the Lakers being better than the Spurs doesn't mean DrHouse is a better person than all Spurs fans, contrary to what he thinks.

I don't think the Doctor is making that judgment based on the teams, but, rather on the character of the fandom involved, DUNCAN.

Spurs Fandom can be very petty & vindictive.

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2009, 07:45 PM

You're definitely doing your part by averaging 400 posts per week of Laker crap on this board. The team appreciates all your hard work, and your ring will be mailed to you after opening night. :toast

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't think the Doctor is making that judgment based on the teams, but, rather on the character of the fandom involved, DUNCAN.

Spurs Fandom can be very petty & vindictive.

And Laker fans aren't?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones...

cobbler
07-31-2009, 07:55 PM
And Laker fans aren't?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones...

There in lies the difference between Laker and Spurs fans. We know to open the window before tossing the rock. :toast

Jello
07-31-2009, 07:56 PM
You seem a little more mellowed out here than you were at AZCENTRAL. I look forward to our old time debates over GWB and me being a nincompoop!

Hey!!! Yep old Cubby ain't dead. I don't do the light pole no more. The children are off on their own, so it's just me and old lady now. I just mute the TV at crisis times & close my eyes tight. tee, hee.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
You seem a little more mellowed out here than you were at AZCENTRAL. I look forward to our old time debates over GWB and me being a nincompoop!

Well, it's not a Suns Site, Jell. And you guys are on yer ass. It was always more intense and fun when you were flirting with a championship. I dreaded it, but, there was always a part of me that wanted to see you fellows at the rejoicement of such an event. I wanted to see the tears and the release in person. It would have been an absolutely incredible sight, I have no doubt.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
And Laker fans aren't?

You guys have an extra meaness though, Dunc. I'm a little ashamed for ya's.

Though, I must admit, you've taken the Odom news in the fine tradition of decency. In that regard, I'm proud of ya's.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM

If this isn't a Cubby troll and it really is a Suns fan, join the AZCENTRAL forums again, the Suns message board is nearly extinct these days.

Jello
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm no troll Chubby can attest to that. I dont like the format over there. Plus the only real fun was Chubby being a pain in the A.

If this isn't a Cubby troll and it really is a Suns fan, join the AZCENTRAL forums again, the Suns message board is nearly extinct these days.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm no troll Chubby can attest to that. I dont like the format over there. Plus the only real fun was Chubby being a pain in the A.

You can swear here, Jell. That's really nice.

I know that new format at Central is atrocious. My system just won't brook it. The original "Blue Crossing" software was to die for, remember, Jell? I loved that shit. Remember when I started my own site with that stuff? LOL! I had a shitload of hits for 72 hours. And I used that photo of Horry throwin' the towel in Ainge's mug on my front page. LOL!!!

I was Sunsdowner. I forget the site name.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 08:43 PM
The format is horrible but the forum used to have a great group of regulars, I found myself posting here more and more and posting there less and less since the off season began and people showed how much they posted once the Suns weren't any good.

Jello
07-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Well now I know i can swear i will be laying f-bombs like there is no tomorrow. Ya, AZ lost its fun after awhile. Horry is a douche always has be always will be. I do have to say though Chubby we did have a lot of fun at AZ. I enjoyed it while it lasted. I think they banned me almost as much as you.

You can swear here, Jell. That's really nice.

I know that new format at Central is atrocious. My system just won't brook it. The original "Blue Crossing" software was to die for, remember, Jell? I loved that shit. Remember when I started my own site with that stuff? LOL! I had a shitload of hits for 72 hours. And I used that photo of Horry throwin' the towel in Ainge's mug on my front page. LOL!!!

I was Sunsdowner. I forget the site name.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Well, DUNCAN, you've established a fine niche here. You're moderately accomplished for one so young.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Well now I know i can swear i will be laying f-bombs like there is no tomorrow. Ya, AZ lost its fun after awhile. Horry is a douche always has be always will be. I do have to say though Chubby we did have a lot of fun at AZ. I enjoyed it while it lasted. I think they banned me almost as much as you.

Yep, and then you'd e-mail the girl that did the moderating. Her name was Lisa Forester or some such and she'd always readmit us. And then it would start again. I'd carpet bomb at night and then dogger and I would clean it all up before dawn.

And then Minkoff would threaten to copy & paste it all and send it to Phoenix PD. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It was great fun, Jell.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 08:52 PM
v

I've been posting at AZC for a little over a year and have been banned 5 times

The Suns fans there find me as strange and douchey as the Suns fans here :lol, that thumbs up/thumbs down thing they have is funny cause of how personally some people take it.

Spurs_210
07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Life > House

Jello
07-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Yep, and then you'd e-mail the girl that did the moderating. Her name was Lisa Forester or some such and she'd always readmit us. And then it would start again. I'd carpet bomb at night and then dogger and I would clean it all up before dawn.

And then Minkoff would threaten to copy & paste it all and send it to Phoenix PD. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It was great fun, Jell.

You know they still talk about you over at Fort Sose. They have been in a pissing match about why the site was started, because of you, and you still live in infomy to this day.

They even started a "Cubby" thread awhile back. I have yet to get an account there but I do remember when it was infoltrated years back and someone used the user name cubby2electricboogaloo I almost crapped my pants laughing.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 10:05 PM
You know they still talk about you over at Fort Sose. They have been in a pissing match about why the site was started, because of you, and you still live in infomy to this day.

They even started a "Cubby" thread awhile back. I have yet to get an account there but I do remember when it was infoltrated years back and someone used the user name cubby2electricboogaloo I almost crapped my pants laughing.

I remember the cubby2 stuff. LOL!

Sose holds a grudge too gd long. Shit, it's been 5 years. And it was just words. That GD Ladmo. I hated that f'er. He's still over there acting the ass.

Mori Chu
08-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Sose holds a grudge too gd long. Shit, it's been 5 years. And it was just words. That GD Ladmo. I hated that f'er. He's still over there acting the ass.

Sose (and some others over there) are STILL mad at me because I used an offensive avatar of then-coach Frank Johnson holding a dildo. It supposedly was part of a set of things on the site that got the Suns brass mad and had them threaten legal action against Sose unless I took it down, which I did the moment I was informed. How long ago has it been since Frank Johnson was coach of the Suns? Early 03? 2002? And they still consider me a trouble-maker for it. I've donated money to their site and posted there thousands of times. Not sure what more he wants from me.

Meanwhile, that idiot Ladmo is allowed to cuss me out over there as much as he wants, and nary a finger is lifted. I get sick of the attitude of the sheriffs over there. Doesn't seem like they remember why the site was created in the first place.

Kobe™
08-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Bawsss.

angelbelow
08-01-2009, 03:07 AM
There in lies the difference between Laker and Spurs fans. We know to open the window before tossing the rock. :toast

lmao.. you completely didnt understand what he meant but stones and glass.