PDA

View Full Version : This is what there sayin in the dallas-mavs forums

1usamotorsports.com
07-31-2009, 09:47 AM
What do you think?

Spurs have better starting lineup though

Do they?

Parker > Kidd (Kidd still has Parker owned in the other parts of the game...but Parker's ability to get to the rim and take over a game is among the league's elite.

Manu > JHo (but this is way closer than the national media would suggest)

Jefferson < Marion (easily)

Timmy < Dirk (easily...remember this isn't 2004 anymore)

Spare < Gooden/Damp (easily)

So I ask again..."do they?"

samikeyp
07-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Spurstalk > that forum (easily)

FromWayDowntown
07-31-2009, 10:00 AM
"(easily...remember this isn't 2004 anymore)"

Shouldn't that apply equally to the Jefferson/Marion comparison?

BlackBellamy
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
"(easily...remember this isn't 2004 anymore)"

Shouldn't that apply equally to the Jefferson/Marion comparison?

Ahhhh-ha! :lol

Jose Ole
07-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Dallas probably has the best lineup they've ever started the season with... I'm excited with what we've done but Dallas is probably going to throw up 2006-2007 numbers again (and hopefully have yet another first round exit!)

SteelerNation
07-31-2009, 10:05 AM
If you've ever wanted to see a team tissue paper soft than look no further than this Mavs team. Ask any of their fans who can stop someone on defense and they wont have an answer. The Mavs will allow 105+ a game this year.

FromWayDowntown
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
It's amazing that Tim is so downgraded by so many -- you'd think Mavs fans would remember that he put up 27/9, 13/11/5/3, 25/10/7, and 30/8 in the playoffs. By comparison, the guy who is "easily" better than Duncan put up 19/8, 14/6, 20/7, 12/13, 31/9.

timtonymanurich
07-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, seeings how Richard Jefferson avg. 20 pts on 40% 3-pt and Shawn Marion hasn't avg MORE than 33% since 2004 with the Suns, and has lost and depreciated in every OTHER statistical category SINCE his move from PHX, I hold that RJ is above and BEYOND a better SF than the likes of Marion. And what does Dork Nowitzky have that Timmy doesn't? OH how about a 4-2 LOSS in the ONLY finals he's been in. I'd take Timmy hand over fist before I even batted an eye at the Dorkster.
Ian Mahinmi and Marcus Haislip are BOTH more athletic and have better FG% than the likes of Dumpier and Drew Gooden. Not to mention 'Dice is more proven and stronger in the post too. So overall, the Spurs line up you have is more superior than any Mavs fan's opinion and then some. Besides getting pointers on the Spurs players compared to the Mavs players FROM the POV of a Mavs fan is like asking the Chevy dealer for buying points on a Ford. You JUST don't do it.

HORNSWOGGLE
07-31-2009, 10:09 AM
who cares, the only thing they know is choking

FromWayDowntown
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Dallas probably has the best lineup they've ever started the season with... I'm excited with what we've done but Dallas is probably going to throw up 2006-2007 numbers again (and hopefully have yet another first round exit!)

I'm not so sure that I buy that they're going to win 67 games or even come close to that.

I do suspect that they'll look suspiciously like the D'Antoni Suns (or the 2001-03 Mavericks) and I think they'll have a really good regular season.

hater
07-31-2009, 10:12 AM
How is Marion > Jefferson easily???

hater
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM

:lmao

Dice > Damp

Ian > Gooden

and don't even mention our bench

Dex
07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Further proof the Dallas Fan doesn't have a clue.

The days of the Spurs getting boxed around by the Mavs are over.

hater
07-31-2009, 10:18 AM
So funny that Gooden while in San Antonio was a scrub according to mavfan. But once in Dallas he is a "solid backup" :lmao

SpurCharger
07-31-2009, 10:19 AM
What do you think?

Spurs have better starting lineup though

Do they?

Parker > Kidd (Kidd still has Parker owned in the other parts of the game...but Parker's ability to get to the rim and take over a game is among the league's elite.

Manu > JHo (but this is way closer than the national media would suggest)

Jefferson < Marion (easily)

So I ask again..."do they?"

1st Off.... To say Dirk Is Better then Tim is Just Flat out Retarted...... How easily People Doubt Someone, Who Was Playing on One Leg last Year.

2nd.... Ill Take Mcdyess/Ratliff over Gooden/Dampier on Any Day.... plus We Have yet to see What Blair Can bring us...

3rd.... To Say Marion Was Better then Jefferson 3 to 4 years ago, then Yes Id agree, but Jefferson Is A Much Better player now. Plus If you were A real spurs Fan, You would Know then Marion Disapears In the Playoffs, Especially Against San Antonio.....

4th.... I agree Tony Is Better Then J Kidd.

5th.... I love Manu to Death, but Josh Howard Seems To Kill the Spurs. Plus With Manu Aging And Continuosly Getting Hurt, We have to see How he bounces back this year. I think Manu is A Better Player, but I almost Call this Matchup Even.

Muser
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Who gives a fuck?

timaios
07-31-2009, 10:32 AM

2009 Playoffs

Game 1
T. Duncan 13-24 FG 9 reb 2 ast 27 pts
D. Nowitzki 7-15 FG 8 reb 2 ast 19 pts

Game 2
T. Duncan 5-10 FG 11 reb 5 ast 13 pts
D. Nowitzki 3-14 FG 6 reb 3 ast 14 pts

Game 3
T. Duncan 2-9 FG 2 reb 1 ast 4 pts ----- played only 15 min
D. Nowitzki 8-12 FG 7 reb 2 ast 20 pts ----- played only 26 min

Game 4
T. Duncan 7-13 FG 10 reb 7 ast 25 pts
D. Nowitzki 4-9 FG 13 reb 1 ast 12 pts

Game 5
T. Duncan 14-21 FG 8 reb 1 ast 30 pts
D. Nowitzki 11-17 FG 9 reb 3 ast 31 pts

Total

T. Duncan 41-77 FG 40 reb 16 ast 99 pts
D. Nowitzki 33-67 FG 43 reb 11 ast 96 pts

Averages

T. Duncan 53.2% FG 8.0 reb 3.2 ast 19.8 pts
D. Nowitzki 49.2% FG 8.6 reb 2.2 ast 19.2 pts

They pretty much cancel each other out. Except that Duncan is a better defender.

Riverwalkman
07-31-2009, 10:43 AM
The match up comparision is just stupid. How did they work out that Duncan < Dirk? Dirk is a great scorer and Duncan is a great pivot on both end of the court.

And I think Marion needs up-tempo game style, but Dallas has the same problem sa the Suns had: they are a little old for their game style. So I'd say it's all uncertain. In contrast, Richard Jefferson can handle the ball, creat his own shot and play any style of game, he fits the Spurs system very well. From every aspect we can prove that RJ > Marion.

Why didn't they mention Dice?Don't they know Gooden was not even mentioned during Spurs summer action?Can't be so thoughtless...

HORNSWOGGLE
07-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Who gives a fuck?
:toast

easjer
07-31-2009, 10:48 AM
So . . . Mavfan thinks Mavs are better and creates argument to make the case in his/her mind. Spurfan ridicules Mavfan and claims Mavfan clearly blinded and unknowledgable about sport of basketball.

This is post-worthy and different somehow?

Otherwise, ditto FWD regarding the the Mavs upcoming season. . .

pawe
07-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Gooden actually is a very serviceable backup. Dallas is a hell of a team on offense and he will fit right in. As a Spurs fan, I'd rather see Gooden shooting the ball than let JT catch fire.

SenorSpur
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Gooden actually is a very serviceable backup. Dallas is a hell of a team on offense and he will fit right in. As a Spurs fan, I'd rather see Gooden shooting the ball than let JT catch fire.

They do have a helluva offensive team. However, they will not be able to defend anyone.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
whatever. If the spurs and mavs meet healthy, the spurs will sweep them or close. The spurs win last season if just Manu is healthy. But looking forward again, the spurs offseason just can't be compared to the Mavs. The spurs have improved vastly, no questions asked, and that's not taking the fact we'll probably be healthy this season. Marion is an extremely overrated defender, can't shoot, can't pass or lead. Kidd is a year older. We were actually effective against Dirk with Bonner of all people last PO. I'm not concerned with the Mavs moves at all.

FromWayDowntown
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree with easjer that this is pretty silly stuff, but I'm still struck by the Duncan/Dirk analysis.

I guess Mavs fan is saying that if RC Buford picked up the phone this morning and called Donnie Nelson to offer Duncan for Nowitzki straight up, the expected response would be some combination of derisive laughter, a request that Buford submit to a drug test, some catchy phrase like GTFO, or an angry hang up.

That shocks me.

loveforthegame
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I think Mavs fans are underestimating our off season this time around. The Spurs have gotten so much better but have yet to prove anything with it yet.

Mavs fans have a reason to be cocky as they've eliminated us in the playoffs recently and it hasn't been an easy time during the regular season either.

Let them have their fun and we'll prove them wrong.

Ocotillo
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
It's amazing that Tim is so downgraded by so many -- you'd think Mavs fans would remember that he put up 27/9, 13/11/5/3, 25/10/7, and 30/8 in the playoffs. By comparison, the guy who is "easily" better than Duncan put up 19/8, 14/6, 20/7, 12/13, 31/9.

The old man's knee was hurting as well.

wut
07-31-2009, 11:55 AM
I think unbiasedly I can say this:

Spurs vs Mavs on paper is pretty even, but Spurs still hold an advantage at PG spot. Seeing as how the PG controls the tempo of the game, I'd have to conclude the Spurs hold a slight edge over the Mavs. (this is even down playing the Spurs huge bench potential)

Worth noting: Spurs gained more balance, athleticism (read: less risk of injury) overall.

On paper, last year's Spurs team held a slight edge over the Mavs as well, but had less depth/balance(more risk).

BOTTOMLINE: It will take an injury from Parker (or Duncan and Manu both) for the Spurs to lose to the Mavs in a playoff series.

jdev82
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
obvious troll is obvious

lotr1trekkie
07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
As usual this is a stupid comparison based on style of play. The Spurs have a style of play called " Spurs' ball". What the hell is "Mavs' ball"? The starting 5 of the Spurs could excel at MavsBall. Try to outscore your opponents. The starting 5 of the Mavs could never play SpursBall because none of them[Kidd, JH. Maid Marion, Dumpier, and Dirt] have never shown an affinity for the 'D' word. Like the Steelers the Spurs work to find the kind of players who are winners and Mavs still don't have a clue. Thanks, Mark!

Mark in Austin
07-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Why should Spurs fans in this forum give a shit what a mavs forum talks about?

If I wanted to talk mavs in a mavs forum, I would post there, not here.

DAF86
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
The Mavs won't even get home court advantage for the first round of the playoffs.

ohmwrecker
07-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Mavericks fans are just so precious. I can't even argue this because it's so ridiculous.

ShoogarBear
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Duncan's wife > Dirk's wife

crc21209
07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Anybody who thinks Dirk > Duncan is on crack, seriously.

crc21209
07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Duncan's wife > Dirk's wife

More like Duncan's wife > Dirk himself. :lol

jack0fspeed
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree with easjer that this is pretty silly stuff, but I'm still struck by the Duncan/Dirk analysis.

I guess Mavs fan is saying that if RC Buford picked up the phone this morning and called Donnie Nelson to offer Duncan for Nowitzki straight up, the expected response would be some combination of derisive laughter, a request that Buford submit to a drug test, some catchy phrase like GTFO, or an angry hang up.

That shocks me.

At this point in their careers I wouldn't trade Dirk for Duncan. Dirk has another 3 or 4 years where he can be a franchise player, and after that he'll still be a helpful. Frankly I think Duncan has only 1 or 2 years left tops. And it's uncertain how healthy he'll be. Clearly last year he wasn't his normal dominating self even though he played well.

If this was 2 or 3 years ago, no question you would give Dirk to get Duncan in a heartbeat.

I know I'll be called an idiot. After all, this is the forum that wouldn't trade Duncan for Dwight Howard. But someone has to keep it real around here.

ohmwrecker
07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm not going to call you an idiot, but the main reason that most Spurs fans wouldn't do the Duncan/Nowitzki deal is because Duncan is a proven winner. Nowitzki is a good player, but he is soft, has no leadership skills and has not accomplished anything close to what Duncan has.

Plus, I'm not convinced Duncan is done. He looked phenomenal in the early part of last season before the knee trouble started. Even if he is on a decline, I would rather have the has been than the never was.

Shank
07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Why should Spurs fans in this forum give a shit what a mavs forum talks about?

If I wanted to talk mavs in a mavs forum, I would post there, not here.

Because they're the most insecure fanbase in all of sports.

Taking it to the Hole
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
I know I'll be called an idiot. After all, this is the forum that wouldn't trade Duncan for Dwight Howard. But someone has to keep it real around here.

Yeah, trade your franchise player for a one dimensional center, who has no post game, no leadership capability, and has choked in the playoffs. The real truth about comparing Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan is that you DONT compare Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan.:nope

FromWayDowntown
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
At this point in their careers I wouldn't trade Dirk for Duncan. Dirk has another 3 or 4 years where he can be a franchise player, and after that he'll still be a helpful. Frankly I think Duncan has only 1 or 2 years left tops. And it's uncertain how healthy he'll be. Clearly last year he wasn't his normal dominating self even though he played well.

If this was 2 or 3 years ago, no question you would give Dirk to get Duncan in a heartbeat.

Oh, I can understand that there would be reasons for not trading Dirk for Duncan. But my point was that to say that Dirk is "easily" better than Duncan suggests that a hypothetical trade offer would inspire absolutely no deliberation and that it would be inherently unreasonable. Is that really what Mavs fans think?

jag
08-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Ian > Gooden

Really, huh?

Dingle Barry
08-01-2009, 06:45 AM
1st Off.... To say Dirk Is Better then Tim is Just Flat out Retarted...... How easily People Doubt Someone, Who Was Playing on One Leg last Year.

2nd.... Ill Take Mcdyess/Ratliff over Gooden/Dampier on Any Day.... plus We Have yet to see What Blair Can bring us...

3rd.... To Say Marion Was Better then Jefferson 3 to 4 years ago, then Yes Id agree, but Jefferson Is A Much Better player now. Plus If you were A real spurs Fan, You would Know then Marion Disapears In the Playoffs, Especially Against San Antonio.....

4th.... I agree Tony Is Better Then J Kidd.

5th.... I love Manu to Death, but Josh Howard Seems To Kill the Spurs. Plus With Manu Aging And Continuosly Getting Hurt, We have to see How he bounces back this year. I think Manu is A Better Player, but I almost Call this Matchup Even.

I'm just curious: how do you decide which words to capitalize?

Amarelooms
08-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Spurs want no part of the Mavs come playoff time. That dumb homer who said the Spurs would SWEEP the Mavs is probably retarded if he/she really believes that. Mavs would prefer to play the Spurs over any other playoff team. Just pray ya'll can avoid the Mavs this year :elephant

ohmwrecker
08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I want the Mavericks come playoff time. If you think the Spurs won't be gunning for Mavs next year, you are sad and delusional. Your false bravado is a thinly masked fear.