PDA

View Full Version : What'd I tell you about Buss?

DrHouse
07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
You just don't fuck with this man.

The old poker playing, 20-year old fucking, degenerate just schooled the shit out of two agents.

David Lee, Agent of Trevor Ariza
Tried to play hardball and fool the Lakers by claiming they had received offers out there that didn't exist. Lakers don't bite and upgrade by signing Ron Artest. Ariza signs with Houston for less money than he might have gotten here. Lee is blasted by numerous sports news outlets for poor negotiation skills.

Jeff Schwartz, Agent of Lamar Odom
Tried to play hardball and fool the Lakers by giving the cold shoulder to a 4 year, $36M deal. When it's revealed that there are no other comparable offers out there, Buss withdraws his original offer and they end up agreeing to less money in the end (4 years 33M with Lakers team option).

As long as this man is at the helm of the Laker franchise I simply do not worry about the team.

mystargtr34
07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Odom and Ariza couldnt have hired the same agents as Bynum, Walton and Sasha? Not smart business on their part.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 10:04 AM

The old poker playing, 20-year old fucking, degenerate just schooled the shit out of two agents.

As long as this man is at the helm of the Laker franchise I simply do not worry about the team.

The good Dr., makin' a Friday house call with all the goods at his disposal.

Pickin' 'em up\\\layin' 'em down. I'm stoked of a Friday morning.

Muser
07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
You also said that one of the Magic/Lakers final games was rigged for the Magic when in the end the Lakers won the match.

JamStone
07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Schooled the shit out of two agents?

He's still taking it up the ass for the contracts of Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, and Luke Walton. Seems like you're throwing compliments to a guy who's forced to be butt raped for not letting them cum in his face.

TJastal
07-31-2009, 10:48 AM

He's still taking it up the ass for the contracts of Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, and Luke Walton. Seems like you're throwing compliments to a guy who's forced to be butt raped for not letting them cum in his face.

:lol

lefty
07-31-2009, 10:51 AM

Dear Jamstone,

Thank you for owning DrHouse.

Regards,

Lefty

z0sa
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
stop groping that old man's balls and remember the 12.5mil Bynum's receiving next season.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 11:07 AM
He's still taking it up the ass for the contracts of Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, and Luke Walton.

Number 15---after taking it up the ass, withstanding.

Indazone
07-31-2009, 11:08 AM

haha well this makes my day! Well done JamStone :lol

Fabbs
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Number 15---after taking it up the ass, withstanding.
Number of days you increased your Midol intake over the whole Odom/Lakers faux drama.

What a customer. :lmao

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Number of days you increased your Midol intake over the whole Odom/Lakers faux drama.

What a customer. :lmao

:toast

Sportcamper
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
When you really think about it, it is all so boring…Championships year after year…The only real challenge is trying to figure out how to fit a 50” big screen in the Toyota Prius after the parade & night time celebration…

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__29/ept_sports_nba_experts-725117810-1248993201.jpg?ymxO7pBDhDMGWIUo

TheMACHINE
07-31-2009, 11:27 AM

It might be a butt raped with those contracts. But those contracts happened on the way to getting a championship. And he was able to get the remaining pieces BACK for another championship. So techanically, Buss didnt get owned at all. He got every piece he wanted before and after the championship.

Reeko_Htown
07-31-2009, 11:29 AM
The broken national economy kicked Ariza Odom's agent's asses, not an Old poker player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
The broken national economy kicked Ariza Odom's agent's asses, not an Old poker player.

JamStone
07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
It might be a butt raped with those contracts. But those contracts happened on the way to getting a championship. And he was able to get the remaining pieces BACK for another championship. So techanically, Buss didnt get owned at all. He got every piece he wanted before and after the championship.

So the Lakers don't win a title last season without Vujacic and Walton? I'll even concede Bynum because the frontcourt would have had zero depth if you take him away. But, all three of those players are grossly overpaid and could have been signed for less. But, the Lakers bent over for all three of those guys. And, two of them meant essentially nothing in terms of whether the Lakers would have won a title or not.

At any rate, that's fine. There are pros and cons in this discussion. Say the UFC offers you $100,000 if you can last one minute in the octagon with a real UFC fighter. You get your ass beat but you last the one minute. Hey, congrats on winning $100,000. You can't walk or breathe.

And, this is specifically to Dr. House and his suggestion that Jerry Buss is somehow a genius negotiator. Let's get this straight. The most any other team willing to offer Odom would amount to just under $7 million per year. And, Buss pays Odom a guaranteed $9 million a year but he's some sort of genius negotiator? I've read several reports saying the only deal that was really offered in the first stage of negotiations was 3 years $27 million anyway, not the 4 year $36 million some assume. So, in reality, Buss ended up playing hardball just to pay him what he offered in the first place.

Give Jerry Buss a Guinness because that was brilliant!

benefactor
07-31-2009, 11:42 AM

Win.

ducks
07-31-2009, 11:54 AM

yeah it took kobe saying he wanted out for him to fucking do something

j-money24
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Lakers did get raped with the Bynum, Sasha and Walton contracts. We could have still won the championship without those scrubs.

z0sa
07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Lakers did get raped with the Bynum, Sasha and Walton contracts. We could have still won the championship without those scrubs.

don't forget the 5.2mil you'll be owing adam morrison next season :toast

lefty
07-31-2009, 12:16 PM
When you really think about it, it is all so boring…Championships year after year…The only real challenge is trying to figure out how to fit a 50” big screen in the Toyota Prius after the parade & night time celebration…

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__29/ept_sports_nba_experts-725117810-1248993201.jpg?ymxO7pBDhDMGWIUo

Year after year ? :lmao:rollin

TheMACHINE
07-31-2009, 12:50 PM
So the Lakers don't win a title last season without Vujacic and Walton? I'll even concede Bynum because the frontcourt would have had zero depth if you take him away. But, all three of those players are grossly overpaid and could have been signed for less. But, the Lakers bent over for all three of those guys. And, two of them meant essentially nothing in terms of whether the Lakers would have won a title or not.

At any rate, that's fine. There are pros and cons in this discussion. Say the UFC offers you $100,000 if you can last one minute in the octagon with a real UFC fighter. You get your ass beat but you last the one minute. Hey, congrats on winning $100,000. You can't walk or breathe.

And, this is specifically to Dr. House and his suggestion that Jerry Buss is somehow a genius negotiator. Let's get this straight. The most any other team willing to offer Odom would amount to just under $7 million per year. And, Buss pays Odom a guaranteed $9 million a year but he's some sort of genius negotiator? I've read several reports saying the only deal that was really offered in the first stage of negotiations was 3 years $27 million anyway, not the 4 year $36 million some assume. So, in reality, Buss ended up playing hardball just to pay him what he offered in the first place.

Give Jerry Buss a Guinness because that was brilliant!

My point is, yes, he might have gotten raped or overpaid, but at the time there were no other players or contracts he had to worry about. You can say that those contracts hindered Odom and Ariza, but at the end, they are still here (or we got better in Artest). He got Artest and Odom for less and over paid for the scrubs. End result: championship with the same core together for future years. Buss was able to do what he needed to do.

:lobt2:

JamStone
07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
And, yet that still doesn't address my rebuttal to DrHouse's suggested claims that Jerry Buss is a genius negotiator.

in2deep
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
:lol

House owned once again

ambchang
07-31-2009, 01:21 PM

You are 20 years old?

DrHouse
07-31-2009, 01:29 PM
And, yet that still doesn't address my rebuttal to DrHouse's suggested claims that Jerry Buss is a genius negotiator.

:lmao you have become quite bitter over the last year Jammie. Everything alright man?

In regards to your statement, no GM or owner is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, the important thing is that you learn from them. The Lakers got burned 3 consecutive times with players who had great contract years and then fizzled (Walton, Vujacic, and to a lesser extent Bynum...because of his injuries). But these are all ROLE players, with the exception of Bynum who still has a very good shot of breaking out next season and thus vindicating the decision to lock him up early. It's not even remotely as bad as throwing $120 million at Rashard Lewis, or $9 million at a 35+ year old Jason Kidd, etc.

They went into this offseason, already way over the cap, knowing that they would have to play hardball to try and save some money. They could have easily been bent over by Ariza's and Lamar's agents and payed them way over what they should have, instead the Lakers get Ron Artest for the MLE and Odom resigned for well below what he's worth IMHO. Imagine if Buss threw $8-9 million at Ariza and he had a very subpar year? He took a calculated risk and it paid off. Now we got Artest for the MLE. Very shrewd negotiating and in the end the Lakers kept their core and upgraded with Artest. All in all, a great offseason.

21_Blessings
07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
stop groping that old man's balls and remember the 12.5mil Bynum's receiving next season.

Rather pay a 12.5mil to an up an coming 21 year old center that averaged 26, 14 and 3 the last 5 games before he went down than 14 million to an extremely homosexual shooting forward that plays no defense and shot 43% last season.

JamStone
07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Jerry Buss first offered Odom 3 years for $27 million. The 4 year deal for $36 is unconfirmed.

Jerry Buss ends up giving Odom a contract with guaranteed $27 million.

I'm just saying there's no reason for you to praise him for playing hardball when he ended up paying Odom exactly what he offered in the first place.

SonOfAGun
07-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Odumb had no leverage brah.

I could have signed him to the Lakers.

JamStone
07-31-2009, 01:42 PM
The most money Odom could have gotten was for less than $7 million per year.

Buss pays him a guaranteed $9 million per year.

Way to school Odom and his agent.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm just saying there's no reason for you to praise him for playing hardball when he ended up paying Odom exactly what he offered in the first place.

Here's the genius:::the clincher all along for Odom was Artest's presence. More than anything else Artest is the reason Odom stayed in Los Angeles. Buss knew that the instant Odom recruited Artest. Buss bypassed Ariza like he was an Indian and ended it there at Artest. If Buss pays Ariza, he can't pay Artest, and then Odom listens to every f'in hump twixt the coasts because Artest ain't waitin' for him. Buss paid Artest, but, it was a 2 for 1 coup.

And it's glorious.

The Franchise
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Rather pay a 12.5mil to an up an coming 21 year old center that averaged 26, 14 and 3 the last 5 games before he went down than 14 million to an extremely homosexual shooting forward that plays no defense and shot 43% last season.

Why are Laker fans dogging him out? He just saved you guys season by resigning,(I don't give a fuck what anybody says, you guys weren't winning shit this year without him) and was a huge factor in you winning a championship. Hell, I don't even think you would have gotten passed my injury riddled team without him. Then you have the gall to bring up that worthless, brittle, overpayed, bitch you call a center like he's a future hall of famer? I would have left just to spit in the face of ungrateful fans like you.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I would have left just to spit in the face of ungrateful fans like you.

& he most probably would have if he hadn't talked Artest into coming to Los Angeles before he entered into negotiations with Buss.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
You talking bout Bynum or Yao?

- "Right between the eyes!"

- Kevin Harlan - TnT

The Franchise
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
You talking bout Bynum or Yao?

To be fair both.

nkdlunch
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
The most money Odom could have gotten was for less than $7 million per year.

Buss pays him a guaranteed $9 million per year.

Way to school Odom and his agent.

no shit. Lakerfan so stupid can't compute that.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Buss started at $27 million.

Buss ended at $27 million.

cobbler
07-31-2009, 06:42 PM

Actually, Buss saved 2 to 3 mil. The original offer was 27 for 3 years and 3 mil buyout on the 4th year. New deal was 25 for three years with 2 mil on buyout.

DJB
07-31-2009, 09:00 PM
So how many of you Laker fans would be making threads like this if Lamar had walked and gone to play a long side Wade?

DJB
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol

OH THE LAST 5 GAMES BEFORE HE WENT DOWN DID HE!?!?!?!?!?!

crc21209
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM

Suck him off why don't you...:lol

crc21209
07-31-2009, 09:05 PM

And now Odom is going to kick back, take it easy, and play like crap that he got his contract now...

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
And now Odom is going to kick back, take it easy, and play like crap that he got his contract now...

Check my record, crc, I worried about that exact scenario. But, wtf else could we do, Buss figures that Artest coming in ringless will sustain the campaign and puts pressure on Odom not lay down in front of his pal.

DJB
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Here's the genius:::the clincher all along for Odom was Artest's presence. More than anything else Artest is the reason Odom stayed in Los Angeles. Buss knew that the instant Odom recruited Artest. Buss bypassed Ariza like he was an Indian and ended it there at Artest. If Buss pays Ariza, he can't pay Artest, and then Odom listens to every f'in hump twixt the coasts because Artest ain't waitin' for him. Buss paid Artest, but, it was a 2 for 1 coup.

And it's glorious.

Not going to be so glorious when Artest is caught trying to molest Kobe's daughter.

cobbler
07-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Not going to be so glorious when Artest is caught trying to molest Kobe's daughter.

Just curious what would make dispicable thoughts like that even enter your mind. Even more baffling is the fact you felt the need to share it. What a douche.

Spurs_210
07-31-2009, 09:21 PM

The old poker playing, 20-year old fucking.
:lmao riding his nuts huh?

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 09:31 PM

Cobb is right, Dejuan.

InRareForm
07-31-2009, 09:39 PM
lol @ throwing poker player term in there. who doesn't play poker these days?

tlongII
07-31-2009, 10:42 PM
lol Lakers

DJB
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Just curious what would make dispicable thoughts like that even enter your mind. Even more baffling is the fact you felt the need to share it. What a douche.

:lmao It's called shock value. Maybe Ron Artest being as much of a psycho as Mike Tyson is why I would suggest sucha thing? You guys keep taking swings at RJ because you think he's gay when we all know that Ron Artest is the most unpredictable headcase in the league that charges the crowd to throw right hooks at drunk fans.

Culburn369
07-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Yer looney tunes, Dejuan.

cobbler
07-31-2009, 11:32 PM
:lmao It's called shock value. Maybe Ron Artest being as much of a psycho as Mike Tyson is why I would suggest sucha thing? You guys keep taking swings at RJ because you think he's gay when we all know that Ron Artest is the most unpredictable headcase in the league that charges the crowd to throw right hooks at drunk fans.

Yeah... it's so obvious that throwing punches at a guy who tosses a beer in your face naturally leads to molesting the children of your teamates.

Silly of me not to realize that. :bang