PDA

View Full Version : The Tom Leykis Show.

Strike
07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm listening to some old archives right now. Does anyone else miss the Tom Leykis show? Or is it just me?

Dr. Gonzo
07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
It's just you.

Strike
07-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Guess so.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
I found him interesting to listen to. Used to regularly.

Archives? Is he not on the air any longer? I thought just my local radio station dropped him. They aired 2 or 3 hours of his broadcast daily in the afternoon on KPAM if I remember right, then he was on the Air America affiliate, KPOJ. The hours were wrong for me to listen to as I preferred listening to others in the same time slot, but I listened from time to time rather than daily.

I just read he hadn't been on the air since February. Surely another station will pick him if he wanted to continue. Bet he's having fun in retirement right now.

cQlEv2uwYGI

Strike
07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
The station for whom he worked (KLSX in LA) changed formats. Portland was one of his syndiacation affiliates. When KLSX (FM talk radio station at the time) changed formats, The Leykis Show, The Adam Carolla Show, and all their other shows all went kaput. They (Leykis, Carolla and a few others) are still under contract with CBS and being paid, though. So, if I remember right, none of them can do radio without breaching their respective contracts. Leykis' contract runs out at the end of 2010, I believe. He stated he would ride out his contract and get paid for not working. My guess is he will go back to radio once his CBS contract expires.

I, for one, would love to have him back on talk radio. I'd been a listener since 2004.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
They (Leykis, Carolla and a few others) are still under contract with CBS and being paid, though. So, if I remember right, none of them can do radio without breaching their respective contracts. Leykis' contract runs out at the end of 2010, I believe. He stated he would ride out his contract and get paid for not working.
I disagreed with much of what he said, but found him very entertaining. Love his free perspective on life.

Makes sense with his lifestyle that he would prefer to keep getting paid for nothing. I think you're right under those circumstances.

Strike
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
i was a listener from 04 up until the end in February of this year. The occasional interviews he had with comics were usually very entertaining. I always got a kick out of the Leykis 101 segment. Especially when he would bash moronic guys for knocking up women as a result of no protection. Above all, my favorite moments were when he would argue or ridicule people who called in just to say why they hated him. Funny shit.

Like I said, I hope he returns to radio after his contract runs out.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
i was a listener from 04 up until the end in February of this year. The occasional interviews he had with comics were usually very entertaining. I always got a kick out of the Leykis 101 segment. Especially when he would bash moronic guys for knocking up women as a result of no protection. Above all, my favorite moments were when he would argue or ridicule people who called in just to say why they hated him. Funny shit.

Like I said, I hope he returns to radio after his contract runs out.
Well, I never heard the 101 segments. I'll bet it was rather entertaining. We didn't get the whole 5 hours here. Only 2 or 3 hours.

So CBS change the station format. Figures that the Communist Broadcast System would do that.

Strike
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, I never heard the 101 segments. I'll bet it was rather entertaining. We didn't get the whole 5 hours here. Only 2 or 3 hours.

Judging by your avatar, you're in Portland, right? The full 4 hours of the show were on from 3 to 7 here. But no worries. I advise looking up some Leykis archives and listening to the 101 segments. Basically it's a "class" for men on "how to get more tail for less money, time and aggrivation". Gold.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Judging by your avatar, you're in Portland, right? The full 4 hours of the show were on from 3 to 7 here. But no worries. I advise looking up some Leykis archives and listening to the 101 segments. Basically it's a "class" for men on "how to get more tail for less money, time and aggrivation". Gold.I know. I read that looking him up. Maybe it went 4 hours on KPOJ, but I didn't listen to him much then. I listened daily when he was on KPAM, and they didn't have 4 hours of him.

Strike
07-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Fair enough.

Girasuck
08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not a fan of Leykis at all, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Fake Leykis Podcast. Mr. Whitman as Leykis is really funny. Most of the former employees of 97.1 now have podcasts. Sam Phillips, Carolla, Whitman, Gina Grad & Randy Wang, Malibu Dan & Crysta, Frosty, Heidi & Frank. If you miss the 97.1 days, check out all the podcasts. Best thing about them is they're all uncensored.

Strike
08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
I do the Carolla podcasts. Whitman's fake Leykis is funny as hell. Carolla, Leykis and John & Jeff where the only 97.1 shows I listened to with the occasional Conway & Whitman before Whitman left.

Rogue
08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I do the Carolla podcasts. Whitman's fake Leykis is funny as hell. Carolla, Leykis and John & Jeff where the only 97.1 shows I listened to with the occasional Conway & Whitman before Whitman left.
Tom Leykis is inimitable, after all no one can replicate his fantastic life experience including four failed marriage. Husbands always get financially killed in a divorce while Tom remains alive after 4 divorces. honestly I was also a big fan of KLSX and the shows there like Tom Lekyis show, Carolla show, Martin Covey Jr. show, Johnjeff show on the third shift, etc...

I guess Tom has been suffering some troubles with his throat, which caused him to leave his beloved studio for a while. If you had listened to the most recent shows of Tom, it would be easy for you to notice he usually gasped pretty harshly after saying a long sentence histeriously, and he once even coughed his breath out and let the show get paused for several minutes.

As Tom's myspace tells, Tom juts came back from a long voyage recently and I think his throat is already fully healed after resting for so long a time. Tom is not kind of guy that would like to get a free lunch, I believe Tom will come back soon to the fans that have been looking forward to his return.

Strike
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Tom Leykis is inimitable, after all no one can replicate his fantastic life experience including four failed marriage. Husbands always get financially killed in a divorce while Tom remains alive after 4 divorces. honestly I was also a big fan of KLSX and the shows there like Tom Lekyis show, Carolla show, Martin Covey Jr. show, Johnjeff show on the third shift, etc...

I guess Tom has been suffering some troubles with his throat, which caused him to leave his beloved studio for a while. If you had listened to the most recent shows of Tom, it would be easy for you to notice he usually gasped pretty harshly after saying a long sentence histeriously, and he once even coughed his breath out and let the show get paused for several minutes.

As Tom's myspace tells, Tom juts came back from a long voyage recently and I think his throat is already fully healed after resting for so long a time. Tom is not kind of guy that would like to get a free lunch, I believe Tom will come back soon to the fans that have been looking forward to his return.

Near the end of KLSX, I remember him saying that if he does any radio work before his CBS contract is up, it will put him in breach of contract. I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that. I'm guessing he will ride out his contract, do other things to fill the time, then come back strong when the CBS contract expires (end of 2010 or 11, I think).

Here's hoping :toast

Girasuck
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Conway and Whitman did a podcast for a while until Conway left and Whitman went into another depression filled stage. Gina Grad and Randy Wang were also involved. After that podcast ended Gina and Randy started their own called The Pretty Good Podcast. You can still download all the old Conway and Whitman podcasts on the PGP podcast.

HornetLoveJones
11-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Conway and Whitman did a podcast for a while until Conway left and Whitman went into another depression filled stage. Gina Grad and Randy Wang were also involved. After that podcast ended Gina and Randy started their own called The Pretty Good Podcast. You can still download all the old Conway and Whitman podcasts on the PGP podcast.

Conway's on KFI AM 640 on his own now, the guy sounds great, still funny as hell and great topics to go along.
Whitman's been in a major downfall since his firing. Between Leykis sending him a legal notice to shut his fake Leykis podcast down, his fake suicide hoax, and begging listeners for money in exchange for a 2 hour "voice impersonation session"... the guy is as pathetic as anyone can be.

HornetLoveJones
11-02-2010, 07:06 AM
HOHMVIOs9aQ

hDnP_wGP2Lk

crzrQOmKaSk

...classic ess mannnn

Girasuck
11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Conway's on KFI AM 640 on his own now, the guy sounds great, still funny as hell and great topics to go along.
Whitman's been in a major downfall since his firing. Between Leykis sending him a legal notice to shut his fake Leykis podcast down, his fake suicide hoax, and begging listeners for money in exchange for a 2 hour "voice impersonation session"... the guy is as pathetic as anyone can be.

Yeah...I'm a big fan of Conway on KFI. Gotta love What the hell did Jesse Jackson say?

I still subscribe to the PGP. Conway is on it quite a bit.

Whitman is a joke, but damn he's one funny fuckup. I heard he moved to Vegas to pursue a radio gig. Between the paypal subscriptions, the $30 voice session, and the voice impressions he was doing for $20 bucks on your voicemail, the dude has probably scammed people out of at least a few thousand bucks.

HornetLoveJones
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah...I'm a big fan of Conway on KFI. Gotta love What the hell did Jesse Jackson say?

I still subscribe to the PGP. Conway is on it quite a bit.

Whitman is a joke, but damn he's one funny fuckup. I heard he moved to Vegas to pursue a radio gig. Between the paypal subscriptions, the $30 voice session, and the voice impressions he was doing for $20 bucks on your voicemail, the dude has probably scammed people out of at least a few thousand bucks.

I only look out for Conway shows on PGP, those two have absolutely nothing to talk about on their own. First of all Randy Ryan Wong Wang whatever the f*ck he's trying to bill himself as is a 23 year old kid who tries to be Adam Carolla but has no stories to tell like Ace because... he's TWENTY THREE. But yeah, Whitman being a fuck up is entertaining as hell.

m>s
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
that nigga leykis has RETURNED, MUTHAFUCKERS!!!

but the john & jeff show ended :depressed: