PDA

View Full Version : Dana White goes off on the Fedor Negotiations

dbreiden83080
07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Funny enough i am giving this it's own thread.. One time i agree with everything Dana says..

R6X1TdAp_hs&feature=player_embedded

Stringer_Bell
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm not a UFC business expert, but I actually Dana and I think he's a no bullshit kind of guy. That being said, this setback has to be deeper than just Fedor's freedom to compete or the amount of money he'd get (PPV buy incentives etc).

If I were the baddest fighter on the planet, knowing I could finally cement my legacy by ripping through the UFC and making some nice money, I'd jump on it. Fedor's not a punk, but his handlers seem to be cool with making him look like one. Then again, one would think Fedor is the ultimate decider, but maybe not?

If ever a UFC deal happens, I'm still hoping Fedor fights a UFC fan favorite before Brock. Maybe it's cuz I like sensationalism, but I'd like the story of two hated guys being set up to take each other out.

The TroutBum
07-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Never been a huge White fan, but damn, preach on, son.

BlackSwordsMan
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
for the first time I agree with Dana fuck fedor

angelbelow
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Sambo every fucking thursday if he wanted to lol

dbreiden83080
07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I'd be real curious to know how the Leonards and the other mega Fedor fans defend him right now?? Do you just blame his management 100% or put some of it on him? He's not going down as the best if the last 5 or 6 years of his career he is not fighting in the UFC, battling cans in other organizations. The heavy division in the UFC right now is damn good, and the supposed best fighter, apprarently refuses to go there in spite of being offered the friggin lottery to sign a damn contract..

And put me down as being tired of projecting what Fedor can do because of his past. I Wanna see him fight Brock and a Carwin, a Cain Velasquez, maybe even still Randy. If he's so great, get in there and fight.. There is not a single reason in the world that makes sense why he is not in the UFC, not one.. As this sport keeps getting bigger Fedor is in danger of being left behind, he really is..

BlackSwordsMan
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
I blame him and his management and his child like IQ
Hard to defend someone as P4P best fighter in the world when they keep dodging the best place to fight top notch fighters

polandprzem
08-01-2009, 01:49 AM
I'd be real curious to know how the Leonards and the other mega Fedor fans defend him right now?? Do you just blame his management 100% or put some of it on him? He's not going down as the best if the last 5 or 6 years of his career he is not fighting in the UFC, battling cans in other organizations. The heavy division in the UFC right now is damn good, and the supposed best fighter, apprarently refuses to go there in spite of being offered the friggin lottery to sign a damn contract..

And put me down as being tired of projecting what Fedor can do because of his past. I Wanna see him fight Brock and a Carwin, a Cain Velasquez, maybe even still Randy. If he's so great, get in there and fight.. There is not a single reason in the world that makes sense why he is not in the UFC, not one.. As this sport keeps getting bigger Fedor is in danger of being left behind, he really is..

Yiou can call me a Fedor fan, and I was going through many emotions these last few days, from excitment to being pissed. And mostly I was pissed at vadim and all that m-1 shit.

But now, hmm seeing Fedor saying that the deal is not satisying? It's hard to defend Fedor, I know he wants to be loyal and stuff, but he was offered the best deal there culd possibly be, man he got the best deal in history of Mix martial Arts !
Being loyal to the menagment that is not there for you it's not okay. The guy should have his own intrest in this and should listen to his brother.

As for Dana - he was really calm and diplomatic. He was sure to get the deal done because UFC never went to make so many compromises and still Fedor is there stone cold saying - the deal is not good.

Fuck how can they co-promote as they never promoted mma effective?

People say: Hey! Dana give a piece of a pie.
GMAFB !

I'm telling you - even a hard UFC haters keeps mouth shut and not blaming UFC.

dbreiden83080
08-01-2009, 10:59 AM
It's funny how much i agree with Dana since i am not a big fan of the guy but in this case the more i read his quotes the more i agree with him. Dana basically said

"These guys have a fighter who might be the best heavyweight in the world, and because of only that, they want to come in here, and co-promote 50/50 down the line with us"

That is insane bullshit right there and it makes Fedor look like he is scared to fight in the UFC. Like nomatter what is offered, he'll pass..

benefactor
08-01-2009, 11:24 AM
lol Fedor. Dana just owned him badly. Hopefully he gets pissed and it makes him call Dana to get the deal done.

dbreiden83080
08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Yiou can call me a Fedor fan, and I was going through many emotions these last few days, from excitment to being pissed. And mostly I was pissed at vadim and all that m-1 shit.

But now, hmm seeing Fedor saying that the deal is not satisying? It's hard to defend Fedor, I know he wants to be loyal and stuff, but he was offered the best deal there culd possibly be, man he got the best deal in history of Mix martial Arts !
Being loyal to the menagment that is not there for you it's not okay. The guy should have his own intrest in this and should listen to his brother.

As for Dana - he was really calm and diplomatic. He was sure to get the deal done because UFC never went to make so many compromises and still Fedor is there stone cold saying - the deal is not good.

Fuck how can they co-promote as they never promoted mma effective?

People say: Hey! Dana give a piece of a pie.
GMAFB !

I'm telling you - even a hard UFC haters keeps mouth shut and not blaming UFC.

When you look at all the concessions made for M1 and Fedor by the UFC it is just incredible he turned down the deal and with all the bad press he is getting, does anyone really care who he fights next? Do i care about Fedor fighting some no name in Strikeforce? Nope..

polandprzem
08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
When you look at all the concessions made for M1 and Fedor by the UFC it is just incredible he turned down the deal and with all the bad press he is getting, does anyone really care who he fights next? Do i care about Fedor fighting some no name in Strikeforce? Nope..

You well maybe we do not care now, but if he will gonna be scheudeled with Rogers or Werdum we will be waiting for that bout no matter what happened now.

And damn, all day long I'm thinking about that. All frickin day long. and it all started at night when I was sleeping. I had a dream with Fedor ( :) ) yea and I was talking to him like to my friend and I wanted to ask him about the whole UFC thing but I was unable to do so cause somebody was talking all the time so I couldn't go through it (this talking).

But I wanted to take a picture with him. I had no camera though.
BUT there was another guy with a great camera and I asked him to take picture and send me on my e-mail.
Well that guy was Big Nog ...

Basicly end of a dream :rolleyes

and afer that I was thinking about Fedors situation all day, it's 8pm now.

And I'm still a bit pissed

Stringer_Bell
08-01-2009, 06:13 PM
According to http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/29/968573/report-what-the-ufc-offered-fedor , here is what was offered to Fedor/M-1:

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract.
- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/#)
- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.
- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.
- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Yea, add that into the PPV numbers for the Affliction fights (300K combined for the last 3), I think UFC stuck their neck out for Fedor and his management just didn't give a fuck. UFC 100 did 1.5m PPV buys, who the fuck does M-1 think they are fooling with a 50/50 co-promotion split?

Dumb.

dbreiden83080
08-01-2009, 06:43 PM
According to http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/29/968573/report-what-the-ufc-offered-fedor , here is what was offered to Fedor/M-1:

Yea, add that into the PPV numbers for the Affliction fights (300K combined for the last 3), I think UFC stuck their neck out for Fedor and his management just didn't give a fuck. UFC 100 did 1.5m PPV buys, who the fuck does M-1 think they are fooling with a 50/50 co-promotion split?

Dumb.

Welcome Stringer Bell :toast

And yes bottom line Fedor got offered the best contract ever in MMA and his mgt didn't blink..

IX_Equilibrium
08-02-2009, 01:11 AM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1773/danafedor2name.gif

Mugshot
08-02-2009, 05:59 AM
^^^ :rollin