PDA

View Full Version : Do the AZ Cards suffer a SB hangover?

mojorizen7
08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
The Super Bowl loser's curse of missing the playoffs the following year has been the real deal.
Does AZ bow down to the "hangover" this season?

Yes or No?

P.S. I'm not a CARDS fan so spare me any flaming bullshit :wakeup .

mojorizen7
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I still think they get in, only because the division(NFC West) is still so bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
There's no way they miss the playoffs in that division. Now that Clancy Pendergast got fired (shoulda happened awhile ago), they'll make the full switch to a 3-4 defense and won't drop their entire defense into coverage whenever they get a lead. That prevent soft zone defense is finally gone.

gaKNOW!blee
08-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you guys assuming they win their division?

Because they won't...Seattle is going to take that division and Green Bay is going to be the WC. No playoffs for Arizona.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Seattle is going to take that division

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
If Seattle wins the division, I never post again.
If Arizona wins the division, you never post again.
Deal?

gaKNOW!blee
08-01-2009, 10:28 AM
If Seattle wins the division, I never post again.
If Arizona wins the division, you never post again.
Deal?

No...it's not like Arizona doesn't have a chance. Seattle is just my prediction. A lot of talent on that defense and I expect Curry to shine right away. If hasslebeck stays healthy he has some weapons now...If I recall that team suffered a lot of injuries last year, I don't think that will happen again.

I won't be shocked if Arizona wins the division, but I just see them as a team that got hot at the right time.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 10:35 AM
No.

Pussy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 10:43 AM
but I just see them as a team that got hot at the right time.

They got hot at the right time to make the superbowl. They played like shit down the stretch of the regular season but so did their crappy competition like the Seahawks.

Seattle lost Julian Peterson and got Aaron Curry, at best that's a lateral move for this season.

Mike Holmgren > Jim Mora Jr

Pussyvoice Hasselbeck will get injured again when his line can't protect him. 2 years ago, when Seattle was healthy, they won the division by a grand total of 1 game when Arizona had a bunch of injuries.

But I don't need to explain this, you're obviously not very confident about that pick.

gaKNOW!blee
08-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Grow up loser, you're not gonna bait me into making a bet about a division no one gives a shit about. It's the worst division in all of football, and 9-7 will probably win it. Why the hell would I risk not posting on a message board that I like just to bet on two teams that are no threats to the rest of the NFL this year?

It's amazing what one year can do to Cards fans, one year of not sucking complete ass and of all of a sudden you are the big men on campus?

Sausage
08-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Since I drafted Kurt Warner in one of my fantasy leagues... No they better not have a SB Hangover or I'm going to have to choke somebody.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 11:57 AM
It's amazing what one year can do to Cards fans, one year of not sucking complete ass and of all of a sudden you are the big men on campus?

Being the big man on campus in the NFC West isn't really a big deal.

BUMP
08-01-2009, 11:59 AM
i pick Seattle to win the division and i'm willing to make that bet DoK

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-01-2009, 12:04 PM
i pick Seattle to win the division and i'm willing to make that bet DoK

Here fuck bets, if Seattle wins the division, I'll never post again.

7,000th post, I'm keeping it here for awhile.

Goran Dragic
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Cardinals schedule:

San Francisco
@ Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Houston
@ Seattle
@ NY Giants
Carolina
@ Chicago
Seattle
@ St. Louis
@ Tennessee
Minnesota
@ San Francisco
@ Detroit
St. Louis
Green Bay

San Francisco and St. Louis, 4 wins right there.
It's safe to assume they get at least 1 win against Seattle, they have every time over the past three years
Detroit = win

Those are 6 wins, if they can get 4 wins out of the remaining 10 games (which is likely), they win the division.

gaKNOW!blee
08-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Cardinals schedule:

Indianapolis

@ Seattle
@ NY Giants
Carolina
@ Chicago

@ Tennessee
Minnesota

Green Bay

San Francisco and St. Louis, 4 wins right there.
It's safe to assume they get at least 1 win against Seattle, they have every time over the past three years
Detroit = win

Those are 6 wins, if they can get 4 wins out of the remaining 10 games (which is likely), they win the division.

They are going to have to win 2 of those games...and this is assuming they don't have a let down anywhere along the way. Those are some of the best teams in the league...10 wins is not going to be an easy task, and will not be surprised if they don't get it.

Unforgivable
08-01-2009, 12:30 PM
They are going to have to win 2 of those games...and this is assuming they don't have a let down anywhere along the way. Those are some of the best teams in the league...10 wins is not going to be an easy task, and will not be surprised if they don't get it.

I don't know you're assuming they beat Houston and Jacksonville.

SpuronyourFace
08-02-2009, 12:26 PM
They'll win their division. Don't know if they will represent the NFC however.

The Franchise
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I expect the Cardinals to be better than last year.

Goran Dragic
08-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I expect the Cardinals to be better than last year.

They should be, regular season wise, which is what this thread is about. Obviously the chances of them returning to the superbowl are unlikely.

Their defense will be better than it was last year since Antrel Rolle had a full year to get adjusted to playing safety, Bryant McFadden is a huge upgrade over Rod Hood, and the horrible play calling they've had on defense that led to a lot of epic choke jobs (like that Chicago monday night game a few years ago) is now gone.

Offensively, the season rests on whether Warner has a year like he had last year. Leinart isn't ready and never will be.

BUMP
08-02-2009, 04:47 PM
i think the 49ers will eventually own that division in the next few years especially if they can get a long term answer at quarterback. i just think that defense will be the next Ravens with Patrick Willis becoming the next Ray Lewis and Singletary calling the shots. It will be a few years though

Goran Dragic
08-02-2009, 04:50 PM
i think the 49ers will eventually own that division in the next few years especially if they can get a long term answer at quarterback. i just think that defense will be the next Ravens with Patrick Willis becoming the next Ray Lewis and Singletary calling the shots. It will be a few years though

You might be right, I think the division is going to be a lot better in a few years. Seattle I think is going to have to rebuild completely, but St. Louis is way better than the last few seasons indicate.

Greg Oden
08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
P Willis is a boss.

The Franchise
08-02-2009, 05:30 PM

:tu

Sdayi135
08-04-2009, 03:19 AM
AZ will win the NFC west. Nothing more, nothing less.

samikeyp
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Are you guys assuming they win their division?

Because they won't...Seattle is going to take that division and Green Bay is going to be the WC. No playoffs for Arizona.

There are two wild cards...who takes the other one?