PDA

View Full Version : Its About Time Someone Says It!!

texbumTHElife
04-08-2005, 03:31 AM
We have all grown accustomed to the defense first metality CIA Pop has this team playing with. We have all forgotten the days when teams scoring 100+ pts/game was normal. We also, as it seems, have forgotten-they are the SAN ANTONIO SPURS! This team is like a basketball soap opera on steroids(dont worry its only a cream ;)). Its like riding tsunami after tsunami on an emotional roller coaster ride. Never has a team flirted with greatness and played lottery bound with as much harmony as the Spurs. Never has a team pushed us to the Mt. Everest of pride and enthusiasm only to bring us down to the smothering reality that is the Valley of despair. A valley that is usually only a short jog from the next series of breath taking cliffs. The heroes that have taken us on our long and glorious journies sometimes seem almost nameless and faceless. A cast of camera shy school yard pick ups that turn into Spurs immortals. A coach that would rather wear a t-shirt and sweat pants than a $2000 suit while roaming the court and bombarding the refs with things only two consenting adults should say to each other. A super star that would rather be a piece of a magnificent puzzle than stand alone with his marvelous stats. There is no doubt in my mind that if Tim Duncan wanted to go out and be a one man team he would be regarded by every media person as the best player in the NBA, ever. There is also no doubt in my mind that if given the choice between hitting a beautiful fade away, turn around jump shot to win the game or a furious Venus Williams style forehand rejection in the face of the opponent, Tim Duncan would go "Venus style" anyday of the week and twice against the Lakers.Tim Duncan epitimizes the Spurs. If the Spurs were a movie and Tim Ducan was the main star-no doubt the climactic line would be "Tim Duncan you complete me" or "Spurs, you had me at hello." The reason I say all of this is because things seem to have gotten out of focus lately. It is the nature of Spurs fans to suffer through some serious lapses in the season as the Spurs work out kinks in a rotation that seems to change more than Michael Jacksons face. There was a traumatic trade this year, A stretch of ugly injuries and some brutal losses. There was also a sweep of the Lakers, a 40+ point put out by Manu, a serious hotty siting at SBC thanks to Tony Parker and last but not least-a soothing silent almost motherly presence who makes it all ok and makes the bad go away just like he did last year. Then that presence went away and the dark side set in. When you were a kid, if your momma was hurtin real bad and couldnt make the bad go away chances are you didnt even want to hit the playground. Well these Spurs, they dont have a choice. They have too much to live up to. The expectations of the fans, their teammates and the rest of the NBA. They continue to go out each and every night and I havent seen one ounce of quit in this team all year. A crushing loss to the Mavericks doesnt change that one bit. I tell you what it should change though. It should change the mind set of a lot of fans who are forgetting the joy and happiness this team has brought into their life. This team deserves pure, 100%, not from concentrate, pulp free fan devotion. That is my pledge to this team for the rest of this season. I will take the good with the bad. I will control my temper. I will tune in everyday and I will cheer at the top of my lungs, because I know my team is gonna go out and play every day. I know what a blessing that is. And I know there will be a time when we look back on this year as the start of a dynasty! When "mother goose" is able to fly again this team will be back writing another fairy tale ending! Dont give up yet Spurs fans. The best is yet to come!

LilMissSPURfect
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
SPURS FAN FOREEVER! !!!!

ALL THE DRAMA

and they are still better than any team out there!

MannyIsGod
04-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I refuse to read that. 2 Words. Enter key.

Useruser666
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
One word, delete.

exstatic
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Dont give up yet Spurs fans. The best is yet to come!

Outside of a small handful of posters, very few have "given up". I would say the majority are in wait and see mode, hoping for a healthy Tim and a deep playoff run.

Solid D
04-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Its About Time Someone Says It!!

Good emotion and belief, Texbum. I think the "Believe Is Back" thread also "Says It", though, so you are not alone. I would suggest, from a readability standpoint, that the use of a couple of "Enter/New Paragraph"s would be easier on the eyes. Good comments never-the-less.

samikeyp
04-08-2005, 10:48 AM
If they gave up...they were never true fans to begin with.

Slomo
04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
If they gave up...they were never true fans to begin with.
Hear, hear!

Smackie Chan
04-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Trust me Rasho has one dunk in the playoffs and all you you will be back swinging from his nut sac faster than T park can say Fuck you to a new poster. :lmao

ShoogarBear
04-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I
s

t
h
i
s

b
e
t
t