PDA

View Full Version : Here comes your tax increase Fools.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
White House adviser won't say no to tax increase
(AP) – 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON — A top White House adviser says he can't rule out a tax on middle-class Americans to pay for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

As a candidate, Obama pledged not to raise taxes for most Americans. But economic adviser Larry Summers says he cannot promise that Obama will stick to that campaign pledge.

Summers says it's too early to tell what will be needed to pay for a broad restructuring of how people receive health care.

Summers says controlling health care costs will be crucial to reducing the deficit. He says the health of the economy is directly tied to how Americans take care of their own health.

Summers appeared on CBS's "Face the Nation" and NBC's "Meet the Press."

Wild Cobra
08-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Anyone who thinks this can be passed without major tax hikes is a fool.

Isn't he already breaking that promise by wanting to go to Carbon Credits? Just a tax with a different name that will affect all!

Vinnie_Johnson
08-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone who thinks this can be passed without major tax hikes is a fool.

Isn't he already breaking that promise by wanting to go to Carbon Credits? Just a tax with a different name that will affect all!

Yes I can't believe the fools who bought his hype and lies.

boutons_deux
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
"how Americans take care of their own health"

True.

Who wants to pay for somebody else's self-inflicted diseases (diabetes, cardiovascular, smokers) for atrophied fat-asses who can't keep their gluttonous mouths shut?

Vinnie_Johnson
08-02-2009, 05:29 PM

True.

Who wants to pay for somebody else's self-inflicted diseases (diabetes, cardiovascular, smokers) for atrophied fat-asses who can't keep their gluttonous mouths shut?

You nailed it we need a Fat tax.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
You nailed it we need a Fat tax.
If nationalized health care passes, I'm all for that.

How about a one-for-one?

Make a persons tax rate on income equal to their body fat percentage?

George Gervin's Afro
08-02-2009, 05:49 PM
White House adviser won't say no to tax increase
(AP) – 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON — A top White House adviser says he can't rule out a tax on middle-class Americans to pay for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

As a candidate, Obama pledged not to raise taxes for most Americans. But economic adviser Larry Summers says he cannot promise that Obama will stick to that campaign pledge.

Summers says it's too early to tell what will be needed to pay for a broad restructuring of how people receive health care.

Summers says controlling health care costs will be crucial to reducing the deficit. He says the health of the economy is directly tied to how Americans take care of their own health.

Summers appeared on CBS's "Face the Nation" and NBC's "Meet the Press."

This would be political suicide and obama knows it. I guess you idiots are just going to have to wait/hope to see if this comes to fruition.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-02-2009, 06:14 PM

How about a one-for-one?

Yep base it on BMI.:toast

baseline bum
08-02-2009, 09:11 PM

BMI. :lol

More proof our healthcare system is currently run by morons (unless you consider LeBron James overweight).

Spursmania
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

How about a one-for-one?

I would love that!!!:toast

Vinnie_Johnson
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I was not a fan of Bush, but come on now it's Bush's fault that obama lied? Was he aware of the war in Iraq? Did anyone tell him about TARP? He either made a statement without the facts (Crowely) or He is horrible at math, or HE LIED. Denying he lied ruins any crediblity you might of had.

Here are a couple more lies from the chosen one.
1. End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
2. Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
3. Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
4. Create a $3,000 tax credit for companies that add jobs
5. Allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009
6. Recognize the Armenian genocide
7. Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN

As for fiscal responsiblity, he turned the dems in congress loose and granted them everything they ever wanted.

• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.

Don't Miss
GOP senators draft stimulus alternative
• $125 million for the Washington sewer system.

• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.

• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.

• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."

• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.

• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.

• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.

• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.

• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.

• $500 million for state and local fire stations.

• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.

• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.

• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.

• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.

• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.

• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.

• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.

• $850 million for Amtrak.

• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.

• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2009, 12:38 AM

except bmi's a crock of shit anyone with too much muscle would be considered overweight

Vinnie_Johnson
08-03-2009, 12:50 AM
except bmi's a crock of shit anyone with too much muscle would be considered overweight

Okay fine Body Fat then.:toast

Wild Cobra
08-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I would love that!!!:toast

So would I. Not long ago, I used to vary between 5% and 10%. Now I'm about 25% bodyfat, maybe more. It would motivate me to lose weight like other things haven't.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree, the BMI index is a crock. There's a more accurate ways to determine Bodyfat than BMI. It can be done.

Anyway, we cannot simply use bodyfat alone. There is an optimum range by sex and age. Say for example the optimum range was 12% to 17%, someone has 25%, tax them 8%.

DarkReign
08-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Color me unsurprised. This travesty of a healthcare plan, if passed (looks like it will), will require taxes to be raised on everyone.

The disincentive to work only grows. No Adult Left Behind.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 10:42 AM
"Read my lips" Mark another Obama lie.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
"Read my lips" Mark another Obama lie.

hasn't happened yet therfore not a lie. Thanks for playing

SonOfAGun
08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
These RATS steamroll bullshit agenda through the nation that we do not want and then force us to pay for it. Win or lose (country), they make off like bandits unaffected by their actions.

Fuck these snakes.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
These RATS steamroll bullshit agenda through the nation that we do not want and then force us to pay for it. Win or lose (country), they make off like bandits unaffected by their actions.

Fuck these snakes.
Hey now...

Careful who you call a snake. They aren't good enough to call snakes. They are lower than pond scum.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
hasn't happened yet therfore not a lie. Thanks for playing

Son, he already lied about raising taxes on people who make less than $250,000....this one is just more fuel for the fire. Thanks for playing. Try again.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I already hear ur lame ass excuse for when he goes after even more of our taxes! BUSH.....:lol

boutons_deux
08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
"that we do not want"

100M+ people said they would use a public insurance option, making that insurance pool bigger than any private insurance company. Just a poll, so cut it in half. 50M, still dwarfs any private insurance company.

Fuck the private insurance companies, they aren't needed.

DarrinS
08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
But, but, but, Iraq.

DarrinS
08-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Here's why we'll probably get a tax increase.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/03/tax-revenues-post-biggest_n_250108.html

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Obama “Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” Vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Son, he already lied about raising taxes on people who make less than $250,000....this one is just more fuel for the fire. Thanks for playing. Try again.

Oh that's right jack any increase for the middle class obama get's the blame for it. my happy meal went up in price..Oh know it's Obama's fault :rolleyes.. you're such a loser.. you belong on the losing team..

So now we have jack on record as stating any increase to the middle class, whether Obama has anything to do with it or not, is oabma's fault therefore makes him a liar... jack being intellectually dishonest AGAIN..

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Obama “Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” Vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He never said that..you're lying again jack...

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:29 PM

6HE-rGGKksQ

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM

:lol That video is Bush's fault.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
6HE-rGGKksQ
Good. He's going to make sure congress reauthorized the Bush tax cuts then, right?

DarrinS
08-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Damn. GGA just got owned by that video.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
6HE-rGGKksQ

so when did he raise the taxes?

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Damn. GGA just got owned by that video.

How? he hasn't raised the taxes yet?

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Good. He's going to make sure congress reauthorized the Bush tax cuts then, right?

Not for the top 2%.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
so when did he raise the taxes?

Raised taxes on smokes.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Raised taxes on smokes.

I didn't realize this fell under income,payroll, etc taxes.. got it.:rolleyes

Your so lame and dishonest...

johnsmith
How? he hasn't raised the taxes yet?

I'd say it was when you called Jack a liar and said Obama never said that.

jack sommerset
How?

You said I lied AGAIN and he never said that. Show some freaken humility....Just once.

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:51 PM

Classic denial.

johnsmith
I didn't realize this fell under income,payroll, etc taxes.. got it.:rolleyes

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, but I would bet that a majority of smokers are low to middle income folks.

Not defending this point, because I think if you smoke then it's your own choice, but I can see how you could use this to say Obama jacked up taxes.

George Gervin's Afro
I'd say it was when you called Jack a liar and said Obama never said that.

jack lies so often it's hard to keep up. my point was he hasn't raised any taxes on the middle class and he reiterated that again today.. so fine he said it.. still makes jack a liar..

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, but I would bet that a majority of smokers are low to middle income folks.

Not defending this point, because I think if you smoke then it's your own choice, but I can see how you could use this to say Obama jacked up taxes.

Ok, where do you draw the line? With this rationale any increase could be pinned on Obama.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Classic denial.

He hasn't raised taxes.. still lying ..

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok, where do you draw the line? With this rationale any increase could be pinned on Obama.

Under what administration did taxes on smokes go up?

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM
jack lies so often it's hard to keep up. my point was he hasn't raised any taxes on the middle class and he reiterated that again today.. so fine he said it.. still makes jack a liar..

HAHAHA look at you go sport. You might not like my opinions but when have I lied? Again show some humility.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Under what administration did taxes on smokes go up?

I have no idea. I would assume all of them.

jack sommerset
He hasn't raised taxes.. still lying ..

Dumbass...He raised taxes on Smokes

George Gervin's Afro
HAHAHA look at you go sport. You might not like my opinions but when have I lied? Again show some humility.

You stated he lied when he said he wasn't going to raise taxes. He hasn't raised them so that makes you a liar.

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I have no idea. I would assume all of them.

If I remember right, taxes were raised to pay for Obama's Health plan for children...........therefore, he is fairly responsible.

Having said that, I don't smoke, so I really don't care.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Dumbass...He raised taxes on Smokes

Did he say that on the video dumbass? Did he ever campaign on not raising cigarette taxes dumbass? You're desperate..that's alright the economy is going to recover and your going to continue to look like a dumbass..

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Did he say that on the video dumbass? Did he ever campaign on not raising cigarette taxes dumbass? You're desperate..that's alright the economy is going to recover and your going to continue to look like a dumbass..

He actually said "any form of tax increase" right before he listed off a few examples.

So I suppose the moment a person who is from a family making less then 250 buys a pack of smokes, then Obama lied. There is a lot of smokers still, so I'd say he's lied ALOT.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
He actually said "any form of tax increase" right before he listed off a few examples.

So I suppose the moment a person who is from a family making less then 250 buys a pack of smokes, then Obama lied. There is a lot of smokers still, so I'd say he's lied ALOT.

:rolleyes

Good luckwith that. I hope you losers use that in 2012..

jack sommerset
08-03-2009, 04:10 PM
George....Honestly...No bullshit. I try not to engage in converstaions with you because you are a idiot. Not because I think u are a idiot because you are a idiot. I should not have posted that video. I should have kept ignoring you. My bad

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes

Good luckwith that. I hope you losers use that in 2012..

Hey, I'm just stating the facts here, don't get so hurt.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 04:11 PM
George....Honestly...No bullshit. I try not to engage in converstaions with you because you are a idiot. Not because I think u are a idiot because you are a idiot. I should not have posted that video. I should have kept ignoring you. My bad

You're a liar.

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 04:12 PM
You're a liar.

And you're a very sensitive person.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey, I'm just stating the facts here, don't get so hurt.

So I guess I could say that if you don't smoke then you won't have an increase. right?

johnsmith
08-03-2009, 04:16 PM
So I guess I could say that if you don't smoke then you won't have an increase. right?

But if you do, then you will............and frankly, smoking is an addiction, a disease if I may. And I know how you guys are when it comes to helping out these poor souls. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that liberals are ok with further burdening people with a disease. Why do you hate people?

boutons_deux
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM

True.

"Overall obesity-related health spending reaches $147 billion, double what it was nearly a decade ago,"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32170526/ns/health-health_care/

Vinnie_Johnson
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
"Overall obesity-related health spending reaches $147 billion, double what it was nearly a decade ago,"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32170526/ns/health-health_care/

That is a big reason why America has the highest health care costs.

Jacob1983
08-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Obama is going to make Bush out to be a good president. Sad but true. How much money has Obama spent as president? I wonder what the stats are compared to Bush's first year as president? Personally, Obama is such a hypocrite and liar. He blasted Bush's balls for spending so much money on the war in Iraq. Obama wants to spend more money on a communistic epic fail health care plan than Bush ever spent on the war in Iraq. And about broken promises by Obama, wouldn't the closing of Gitmo be one of them? I mean it's still going to be open at the end of the year right?

Nbadan
08-04-2009, 12:26 AM
So much disinformation, so little time

"The president was clear during the campaign about his commitment on not raising taxes on middle-class families," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Monday afternoon. "I don't think any economist would believe that, in the environment that we're in, that raising taxes on middle-class families would make any sense."

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/03/obama.economy/index.html)

CNN and Kooky Roberts started this whole tax increase con-job, along with Geitner