http://www.nba.com/media/act_sun_yue.jpg

Born: November 6, 1985 (age 23)
Cangzhou, Hebei, PR China
Nationality: Chinese
Height: 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)
Weight: 205 lb (93 kg)
Draft: 2nd round, 40th overall, 2007 Los Angeles Lakers
Position: Point Guard

I don't think he could contribute now, but I would like to see him taken into the Toros squad and try to develop him more. A 23 year old, 6'9 point guard couldn't be bad to have in development.

Big P
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
NBA Forum

Leftyventricle
08-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Hells yeah.

Pucho!!!
08-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea to develop the chinese magic, but he has to start showing more committment to a NBA team and not ditch summer league to go play international ball when ur job is not secured.

Spursfan092120
08-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Didn't we all make fun of this guy last year?

Dex
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
At least we'd be guaranteed an All Star. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
An unusual talent to be sure. It would be fun to see what he could do in a full Toros season. He's got to be able to make more money elsewhere, but a many players do eschew bigger contracts for visibility in the D-League. I have no idea if Sun is one of those players. I wonder if the D-Fenders would actually hold his rights in that case.

exstatic
08-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea to develop the chinese magic, but he has to start showing more committment to a NBA team and not ditch summer league to go play international ball when ur job is not secured.

The situation for the Chinese is different than for any other foreign players. Their families will be murdered if they don't play for the NT.

J/K, but there are strings that come with Chinese players. Their NTs have WAY more control over them than any other country. They essentially HAVE to play if called upon.

Rogue
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
NBA Forum
NBA forum is closed already. :depressed

Rogue
08-02-2009, 07:22 PM
The situation for the Chinese is different than for any other foreign players. Their families will be murdered if they don't play for the NT.

J/K, but there are strings that come with Chinese players. Their NTs have WAY more control over them than any other country. They essentially HAVE to play if called upon.
:lol What a joke it is to call the crystal-clear truth a joke. Genuinely it was a fucking smart move for Lakers to get rid of that guy. If I were Buss or PJ, I would also release that guy anyways even if he was as damn good as the real Magic Johnson. Now LA has no risk of sloping into another Houston or Jersey, after all it's not as bad to be a lottery team as a playoff contender that has millions of bandwagoning douches, like the Rockets used to be.

Spursfan092120
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Why is the NBA Forum closed?

exstatic
08-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I think this guy spent his max time in developmental Thats one of the reasons being waived..so no more for him...He'd have to go to Europe and cut his teeth..but this guy is headed back to The Chinese leagues...

His d-league stats only show one year of play, so he'd have another year of NBA roster farm out eligibility.

sonic21
08-02-2009, 07:57 PM
At least he got a ring out of it

Brazil
08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
NBA Forum

Where the hell is the NBA forum ??

spursfan1000
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
This will affect the NBA, the lakers droping yue.

TDMVPDPOY
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
his a scrub player man, not worth the nba minimum

Samr
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Sun Yue!

Riverwalkman
08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
An unusual talent to be sure. It would be fun to see what he could do in a full Toros season. He's got to be able to make more money elsewhere, but a many players do eschew bigger contracts for visibility in the D-League. I have no idea if Sun is one of those players. I wonder if the D-Fenders would actually hold his rights in that case.

He played in ABA in 06-07 season,(finished with 13.1pts 4.2reb 2.2ast 1.5to 1.2stl) and I saw his game on China NT for several times. Honestly I'd say his potential is limited, on offense end he's inconsistent scorer, and rarely make good assist like PG. He's more like a defender by his size and shot blocking ability in China NT. Yes he is just 23 but I don't see much development during the past 3 years.

You should stop the national prejudice. Conflict between NT and NBA is universal for almost every international player. For China it's a little different because basketball players of this generation are all cultivated by the country, So they are considered to be responsible to play for NT.

Danny.Zhu
08-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Well. Without a Chinese player on the bench, LA probably won't have one more championship. Just like what Spurs did in 2004 after we released Ba Te Er. Haha.

exstatic
08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
You should stop the national prejudice. Conflict between NT and NBA is universal for almost every international player. For China it's a little different because basketball players of this generation are all cultivated by the country, So they are considered to be responsible to play for NT.

You should read the whole fucking post and not cherry pick. There was more written, that basically said just what you did.

ivanfromwestwood
08-02-2009, 10:36 PM
KnxfHDEZ8D0

TheProfessor
08-02-2009, 10:42 PM
If we're talking about taking a flyer on a young PG, I'd rather look at Gabe Pruitt.

ivanfromwestwood
08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
i see no pg skills in this vid. he'll go back to europe.

l8NXJ8jW8JE

Spurs da champs
08-03-2009, 01:08 AM
I dont want to sound racist but ever since Yao Ming joined the NBA that automatically means all Asians are good at it?

That dude from the Nets got a lot of votes & he wasn't even good.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-03-2009, 01:27 AM
i see no pg skills in this vid. he'll go back to europe.

l8NXJ8jW8JE

:rollin:blah

Back to Europe? You mean China right?

Riverwalkman
08-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I dont want to sound racist but ever since Yao Ming joined the NBA that automatically means all Asians are good at it?
That dude from the Nets got a lot of votes & he wasn't even good.
This is really no big deal. Fans vote whoever they like. I'm a Spurs fan so every year I vote for Duncan/Manu/Parker and Bowen.I don't think that's all about WHETHER THEY DESERVE IT.

angelbelow
08-03-2009, 03:32 AM
I live in LA and im chinese, the dude sucks.

Spurs da champs
08-03-2009, 05:52 AM
This is really no big deal. Fans vote whoever they like. I'm a Spurs fan so every year I vote for Duncan/Manu/Parker and Bowen.I don't think that's all about WHETHER THEY DESERVE IT.

Yeah it should be explain to me how Durant didn't get any votes that's ridiculous whilst this garbage player got so many votes, I doubt many nets fans really know about him probably international votes.

Muser
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
No thanks.

Riverwalkman
08-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah it should be explain to me how Durant didn't get any votes that's ridiculous whilst this garbage player got so many votes, I doubt many nets fans really know about him probably international votes.
:lmao I doubt you really know Durant is a Foward but Yao plays Center, as a matter of fact, the votes for Yao and the votes for Durant are totally irrelative.

Yao led All-Star balloting amongst western centers last year and Shaq was the 2nd.
Yao Ming (Hou) 2,532,958
Shaquille ONeal (Pho) 1,850,018
Andrew Bynum (LAL) 549,131

Comparing their stats:
Yao Ming 19.7pts 9.9rebs 1.9blks
Shaquille O'Neal 17.8pts 8.4rebs 1.4blks
Andrew Bynum 8.8pts 6.2rebs 1.5blks

In addition, East All-Star center Dwight Howard toped All-Star balloting last year, and was also named to All-NBA 1st team. While as a All-Star Yao was the 2nd amongst centers in league and was selected to All-NBA 2nd team.So I think the vote count was fair.

Spurs da champs
08-03-2009, 09:33 AM
:lmao I doubt you really know Durant is a Foward but Yao plays Center, as a matter of fact, the votes for Yao and the votes for Durant are totally irrelative.

Yao led All-Star balloting amongst western centers last year and Shaq was the 2nd.
Yao Ming (Hou) 2,532,958
Shaquille ONeal (Pho) 1,850,018
Andrew Bynum (LAL) 549,131

Comparing their stats:
Yao Ming 19.7pts 9.9rebs 1.9blks
Shaquille O'Neal 17.8pts 8.4rebs 1.4blks
Andrew Bynum 8.8pts 6.2rebs 1.5blks

In addition, East All-Star center Dwight Howard toped All-Star balloting last year, and was also named to All-NBA 1st team. While as a All-Star Yao was the 2nd amongst centers in league and was selected to All-NBA 2nd team.So I think the vote count was fair.

Yeah I thought Durant was the coach tbh :rolleyes They are are relevant I was talking about that Yi dude from NJ forgot about position & quit trying to be a smart ass. Yi gets votes because people think he is like Yao when the dude has no skill whatsoever .Kevin Durant got no votes at small foward he was clearly the best in the west.While Yi has mediocre numbers.

BlackSwordsMan
08-03-2009, 09:34 AM
at least he got a ring

Riverwalkman
08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah I thought Durant was the coach tbh :rolleyes They are are relevant I was talking about that Yi dude from NJ forgot about position & quit trying to be a smart ass. Yi gets votes because people think he is like Yao when the dude has no skill whatsoever .Kevin Durant got no votes at small foward he was clearly the best in the west.While Yi has mediocre numbers.
I didn't vote for him, I don't like him, I think he played like a corpse. If Yi is selected to be a starter, I'll be pissed too even though I am a Chinese. But if not a starter, definitely no coach will select him as a all-star reserve.