PDA

View Full Version : "SAN ANTONIO" unis......why don't the spurs use them anymore?

antimvp
08-02-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.jerseysaler.com/upimage/200810242259562222_s.jpg

raspsa
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Too many letters? Not as aesthetically pleasing? Boring design maybe.

jay014
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Better than those throwback SilverStars jerseys the wore couple years ago.

ChumpDumper
08-02-2009, 10:08 PM
No branding. I think we're lucky to have "Austin" on some of the Toros' gear, but that's because the Spurs logo fits as a U.

Ditty
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
i have that jersey

it would be better

thOOdee
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
AWESOME JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way better then silver throwbacks

Brutalis
08-02-2009, 10:54 PM
They are sweet. Would be nice to see them back.

SequSpur
08-02-2009, 11:35 PM
those los spurs jerseys are stupid.. my family in kansas has no clue what that means.

Spursfan092120
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Been wishin for a long time that we had those San Antonio unis back...they should be the road jerseys and the Spurs white ones should be home...

Home

http://www.authenticbasketball.com/nba/jerseys/spurs_home.jpg

Road

http://www.nbajs.com/images/Spurs San Antonio Spurs/adidas San Antonio Spurs George Gervin Soul Swingman Jersey.jpg

timtonymanurich
08-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Those Spurs jersey's are TIGHT! I Hate the piss-yellow Cleveland Jerseys that the Cavs try to play in.

eyeh8u
08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
they could use those for latin appreciation week next season and not have to put LOS SPURS on their jerseys

manu_maniac
08-03-2009, 12:26 AM
The "Los Spurs" jerseys are pretty retarded. They should actually have it in Spanish. "Las Espuelas!"

eyeh8u
08-03-2009, 12:31 AM
The "Los Spurs" jerseys are pretty retarded. They should actually have it in Spanish. "Las Espuelas!"

I think stern knows averages fans are to dumb for that

but san antonio is already Spanish if i am not mistaken, unless it is santo antonio, feel free to correct me

honestfool84
08-03-2009, 01:11 AM
those jerseys are sweet. :tu

Sean Cagney
08-03-2009, 01:12 AM
those los spurs jerseys are stupid.. my family in kansas has no clue what that means.

When they wear that LOS they LOSE, especially on dreaded Sundays! ALL IT has to add is a T to it and LOST comes in. I swear I learned that years ago man :( I hate those things.

raspsa
08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Speaking of jerseys, what do you think of allowing sponsors ads on them? Times are hard and teams need money but I think they're fine as they are, no need to turn them into moving billboards.

NBA, NHL soften stance on jersey ads
Updated 5d 1h ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions |

Enlarge By Christian Petersen, Getty Images

Diana Taurasi and the Phoenix Mercury started wearing ads on their game jerseys this season.

Yahoo! Buzz
Digg
Newsvine
Reddit
Facebook
What's this?
By A.J. Perez and Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
The hunger for new revenue during the economic downturn has the NBA and NHL entertaining the once-taboo prospect of corporate sponsorships for game uniforms.

Beginning this season the NBA will let teams sell ads on their practice jerseys, says deputy commissioner Adam Silver, who adds the league is continuing to explore the issue of ads on game jerseys.

"We are operating a diverse business all around the world," Silver says. "(The sponsored game jersey) is a well-established practice in other countries. Ultimately, I think our fans will come to accept it."

crc21209
08-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I would absolutely LOVE it if the Spurs brought back the throw back "San Antonio" black jerseys and use them as a 3rd alternate. We should all start a petition to bring them back and send it to the Spurs organization to somehow make it happen. It would be pretty sweet...:tu

samikeyp
08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
I would love to see those unis come back.

Destro
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
i think San Antonio can't be trademarked so the NBA would rather have the jersey with a trademark they own "Spurs". Also, the branding of Spurs is an NBA brand where San Antonio is a city name so marketing the city of San Antonio does nothing for the NBA as compared to marketing the Spurs.

Gervin44Silas13
08-03-2009, 08:18 AM
How this for uni ideas...

Black Uni..with black "Spurs" only with sliver out line No white

The 1979 Black uni with SAN ANTONIO in front on back above name a small spur

Or SATX in front...of uni make it look gansta

hell i dont know only new ideas so don't bash me for it

Spursox
08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Cool, I like them. They would look great with these warmups...

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:zQFRqLffkmy4GM:http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/david.robinson/images/david-robinson-stretching.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/david.robinson/images/david-robinson-stretching.jpg&imgrefurl=http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1154119/3/12/index.htm&usg=__JtEXweTmxN7R_4bVboa_pnC0TuI=&h=788&w=666&sz=74&hl=en&start=179&um=1&tbnid=zQFRqLffkmy4GM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddavid%2Brobinson%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3De n%26rlz%3D1R2GGLL_en%26sa%3DN%26start%3D162%26um%3 D1)

45 bank shot
08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
ye,that might be really awesome

bigdog
08-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I love those jerseys. I wouldn't mind seeing those as alternate jerseys, or even road jerseys.

YODA
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
God,,those firsta uni's were horrible. God, was a hard time to watch

Libri
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I think stern knows averages fans are to dumb for that

but san antonio is already Spanish if i am not mistaken, unless it is santo antonio, feel free to correct me

"San" Antonio is correct. In certain situations, like in this one, adjectives lose the final vowel. Other examples:

bueno > buen
grande > gran

mabrignani
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
those who think the "los spurs" jerseys are bad are crazy. those are hard and im not even hispanic. as a proper noun spurs does not need to be translated. the heat have "el heat" bc heat is a singular noun...so for you ppl who dont know what "los spurs" means...like that guy in kansas or kentucky or wherever hes from, it just means "the spurs". i hope that the majority of you, being spurs fans, are smart enough to figure that out.

manu_maniac
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't like that they just half-ass the Spanish. Why not give a complete translation if it's for Hispanic awareness month? That would seem a lot more authentic. "Las Espuelas" for the Spurs, "El Calor" for the Heat, and "Los Soles" for the Suns. I don't remember if they did that with any other team names, but why not translate all of them?

crc21209
08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
i think San Antonio can't be trademarked so the NBA would rather have the jersey with a trademark they own "Spurs". Also, the branding of Spurs is an NBA brand where San Antonio is a city name so marketing the city of San Antonio does nothing for the NBA as compared to marketing the Spurs.

Umm...so how can Toronto have jerseys that say "Toronto" on the front of them? Or even Dallas?

Fingaroll44
08-03-2009, 01:44 PM
When they wear that LOS they LOSE, especially on dreaded Sundays! ALL IT has to add is a T to it and LOST comes in.

:lol

Fingaroll44
08-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately, I think our fans will come to accept it."

fixed

SonOfAGun
08-03-2009, 01:58 PM
It should be:

Front - FOUR RINGS

Back - you know the rest :D

chrisattsu
08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Based on your hate for the Los Spurs jersey, it sounds like you most of you would be opposed to idea of a 'San Anto' jersey

ohmwrecker
08-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Who gives a shit about what a bunch of idiot crackers in Kansas think?

dmac
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM

:lmao

mabrignani
08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Who gives a shit about what a bunch of idiot crackers in Kansas think?

haha :toast

mabrignani
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't like that they just half-ass the Spanish. Why not give a complete translation if it's for Hispanic awareness month? That would seem a lot more authentic. "Las Espuelas" for the Spurs, "El Calor" for the Heat, and "Los Soles" for the Suns. I don't remember if they did that with any other team names, but why not translate all of them?

bc they are proper nouns, not just regular nouns. they arent los espuelas, they are the spurs, and since its a proper noun when translated into spanish its los spurs. come on ppl, do you not understand this concept?

lurker23
08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I've always loved the "SAN ANTONIO" jerseys, and really do hope that they bring them back soon. They would make a great road uni.

bishopospurs
08-03-2009, 04:33 PM
When they wear that LOS they LOSE, especially on dreaded Sundays! ALL IT has to add is a T to it and LOST comes in. I swear I learned that years ago man :( I hate those things.
Seriously, I feel like they always lost when they wore those jerseys.

METALMiKE
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Based on your hate for the Los Spurs jersey, it sounds like you most of you would be opposed to idea of a 'San Anto' jersey

Not everyone in SA is a "cholo"...

I hate all this Los Spurs shit and the 'San Anto' shit too.

spurs1990
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Spurs are probably the only team in the NBA that hasn't implemented a "3rd" jersey since it became a trend in the mid 1990's.

The only other team that doesn't mix it up is the New York Knicks. But even they wear some throwbacks every now and then.

Take a look at the other teams who have kept their style for the past 20 years:

Bulls - black 3rd jersey
Celtics - black numerals green jersey; gold lettered jerseys
Lakers - Sunday whites; MPLS throwbacks
Blazers - Red 3rd jersey
Clippers - Blue 3rd jersey
Pistons - Red 3rd jersey; various throwbacks
Heat - Red 3rd jersey

So what gives? What the hell is going on in San Antonio..can y'all locals explain?

mabrignani
08-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Spurs are probably the only team in the NBA that hasn't implemented a "3rd" jersey since it became a trend in the mid 1990's.

The only other team that doesn't mix it up is the New York Knicks. But even they wear some throwbacks every now and then.

Take a look at the other teams who have kept their style for the past 20 years:

Bulls - black 3rd jersey
Celtics - black numerals green jersey; gold lettered jerseys
Lakers - Sunday whites; MPLS throwbacks
Blazers - Red 3rd jersey
Clippers - Blue 3rd jersey
Pistons - Red 3rd jersey; various throwbacks
Heat - Red 3rd jersey

So what gives? What the hell is going on in San Antonio..can y'all locals explain?

if it aint broke, dont fix it. the spurs jersey should never change, los spurs is ok bc i dig the whole "sabor" of it. they are badass, black and white or vice versa with silver trim...come on now! i mean its bad enough they took my orange green and pink off the logo, dont go and fuck up a classic jersey style