PDA

View Full Version : Dallas D was not so dominant period

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Yah, yah by the announcers, the AP, and worst of all Stackhouse about Dallas and "D". Don't believe this hype. A few blocks.

A leopard does not change it spots overnight. IMO Dallas D when push comes to shove will still suck. Real D will be played by a certain team in Black and white.

This loss was totally on an off game and lack of intensity by the Spurs period, not AJ and his defense or any other reason.

Believe whatever you want for the next few weeks before your storm, if want dallas Mav fans. You still are the Kings light of the NBA.Payback will be #ell.

And by the way say what you want about Nazr but him getting physical last night showed some stones, Spurs need that down the line (now about his hands).

MannyIsGod
04-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I disagree with you. The main components to good defense are effort and trust, barring you have a comptent group of athletes. The Mavericks have athletes, and AJ is using them in the right way. A game like last night will only boost their confidence and trust in the defensive scheme. Dallas D is real.

LilMissSPURfect
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
nazi is coming along...

Banjo Boy
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
What game was you watching? Is this your way of eating your crow?

Dude you got waxed on national Tv you need to deal with it and move on.

oh, and another thing, you need to........

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Spurs-suck-1.jpg

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 10:57 AM
BS Spurs play hard they hang with the Mavs again with or without Duncan. With Duncan they dust them. You really think the Mavs are in the class with the Suns, Heat or Detroit, I don't.

This was like the first Seattle game of season, an aberration. No worries.

MannyIsGod
04-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I think the Mavs can play the kind of D that they played last night consitently. Wasn't that what your initial post was about?

I don't know if they're as good as the Suns, Heat, or Detroit, but I don't think they are a pushover either. The thing that has always seperated them for the elite teams was defense, which AJ has them playing. Last night the first time they played good defense for him, it's a trend not an aberration.

I think the Spurs can beat them with Duncan, because with Duncan the Spurs can beat ANYONE.

Spurminator
04-08-2005, 11:17 AM
The Mavericks are a top ten defensive team. Maybe better. In terms of Defensive Efficiency by team, they are ranked 9th in the league... and that's with Erick Dampier out for long periods and Don Nelson coaching 75% of the games.

Don't be fooled... These are not the _allas Mavericks of old.

Smackie Chan
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Welcome aboard the Mighty Maverick wagon my friend.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Dallas D was not so dominant

Yes, it was.

And they have been evolving throughout the year as a more defensive-minded club, and that has translated more and more on the court as the season has progressed.

They are 10th in FG% defense. They are 7th in defensive rebounding. And they are 4th in steals.

They are not a defensive joke anymore by any means.

Nikos
04-08-2005, 11:25 AM
The Dallas Mavericks were actually just as good, if not better on defense in 2002-03. People never seem to acknowledge or remember their profiency on BOTH ends of the floor that season. True they were more offensive minded, but they were very solid on D as well.

I am interested to see Dallas matchup with Phoenix, should the Spurs not give up the division.

MannyIsGod
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
There's absolutely no reason they can't play great defense with the personel they have out there. It's all about effort and trusting your teamates on the rotations. I've never seen a Dallas team rotate the way they did last night, and it was impressive.

However, offense can always overcome defense. That holds especially true when you have Tim Duncan on your team. I'm not too worried about the Mavericks, because as great as they looked last night, they still can't stop Duncan.

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 12:10 PM
There is a great difference between the ablility to play good defense and that of a great defense.

The Spurs with Duncan have usually two 7 footers on the floor plus Parker, and Manu and a guy named Bowen = great defensive potential. Dampier may have some potential but Dirk, Van Horn and others on that team are a long way from being "great defenders".

I am not going to believe Dallas can truly shut down anyone until they do in the playoffs. Will see.