PDA

View Full Version : New Nazi Zombie Map

BruceBowenFan
08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
86MoVBr5Qxo&feature=related#movie_player

Looks sick. Comes out Aug 6.

z0sa
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I got to 25 today, it was fucking ridiculously hard (shi no numa). I was just getting used to that one and now der riese is going to blow it out of the water with stopping power and teleportation. Also seems like its more urban warfare settings now, tighter spaces

BruceBowenFan
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Is it so wrongto say when a new map pack comes out i look forward to only the nazi zombie map.

TwAnKiEs
08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Nope.. Thats the reason why I am getting it lol

z0sa
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I like most of the new maps in the packs, but I adore Corrosion. Great, great map. One of my all-time favorites in any game.

z0sa
08-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Downloading now (it just came out). I will give a rating of what i think of the new nz soon.

It's definitely another good, perhaps the final, addition to the Nazi zombies collection. It's real weird/trippy map and its still confusing me. The perk machines are in set places now, but the bear still shows up and moves the box around. Additionally, I have yet to try the teleportation as I haven't gotten past round 12, and it was with only one person by that point. Apparently, the only way to use the gadget is to activate it through three terminals placed throughout the map. I have yet to have opened the entire map up yet and examined everything, but right now I'd give it an 8/10. It's a lot less linear in style compared with shi no numa but a bit more confusing as well.

BruceBowenFan
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Downloading now (it just came out). I will give a rating of what i think of the new nz soon.

It's definitely another good, perhaps the final, addition to the Nazi zombies collection. It's real weird/trippy map and its still confusing me. The perk machines are in set places now, but the bear still shows up and moves the box around. Additionally, I have yet to try the teleportation as I haven't gotten past round 12, and it was with only one person by that point. Apparently, the only way to use the gadget is to activate it through three terminals placed throughout the map. I have yet to have opened the entire map up yet and examined everything, but right now I'd give it an 8/10. It's a lot less linear in style compared with shi no numa but a bit more confusing as well.

alright gonna download it right now. add me my gt is ox Johnson xo

z0sa
08-06-2009, 03:30 PM
alright gonna download it right now. add me my gt is ox Johnson xo

The main difference is the 'simplicity' factor. Sho No Numa had moving mystery boxes and perk machines, but they were easily spotted and navigated to as the map is essential a cross. This map is the same concepts, but just spotting the mystery box and running to it doesn't work very easily now. Additionally, the perk machines are spread pretty far apart on different stories. There's too many chokepoints and tight passages where zombies will surround or overwhelm you if you just try to make mad dashes in later rounds. It does make for some great gameplay, though. The 3 games I played this morning before work were some of the most entertaining NZ games I've ever had, and I didn't even know where anything was.

DisAsTerBot
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
The main difference is the 'simplicity' factor. Sho No Numa had moving mystery boxes and perk machines, but they were easily spotted and navigated to as the map is essential a cross. This map is the same concepts, but just spotting the mystery box and running to it doesn't work very easily now. Additionally, the perk machines are spread pretty far apart on different stories. There's too many chokepoints and tight passages where zombies will surround or overwhelm you if you just try to make mad dashes in later rounds. It does make for some great gameplay, though. The 3 games I played this morning before work were some of the most entertaining NZ games I've ever had, and I didn't even know where anything was.

sounds awesome!
we'll have to play sometime. I already have your gamertag from the 2k league...

z0sa
08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
hellz yeah to both of y'all. Hit me up, including DisasterBot as even if I befriended you for the league, I deleted most of my friends off because I didn't play much of anything with 70% of them.

The Gemini Method
08-07-2009, 02:16 AM
The Breach map is already a camper's paradise. I just got done playing it and its maddening. I like the new zombie map, but the news that trey arch is going to release a full-scale Nazi Zombies game is even better news! Even if they make Call of Duty 7: Tet Offensive, they should put their effort into the zombie arena...

z0sa
08-07-2009, 12:16 PM
The Breach map is already a camper's paradise. I just got done playing it and its maddening. I like the new zombie map, but the news that trey arch is going to release a full-scale Nazi Zombies game is even better news! Even if they make Call of Duty 7: Tet Offensive, they should put their effort into the zombie arena...

Treyarch is bringing out an entire NZ game? I dunno about that, but here's to hoping its another successful entry into the undead/zombie craze that seems to be going on right now.

About Breach, it was purposely designed for the sniper/campe. The developers relate this if you watch the trailer on marketplace. I actually love that map and the other two. This is the best map pack yet.

Map Pack 1 was really good, brought NZ Verruckt with the larger levels and perk machines/moving mystery box to the table. Additionally, overall the MP maps were good, with Nightfire/Knee Deep being very good and Station being average.

Map Pack 2 was good too, but the worst of the 3 sadly. The main problem is Banzai - that map looks great, even seems like a fairly original design, but in practice falls flat. The caves are too wide open and lead to perilous firefights that require numbers. The bridge has a couple glitch spots that guarantees you will die at least once if someone camps them, and maybe much more if they are skilled. However, as stated earlier this thread Corrosion is IMO the best map WaW has to offer at least for short-midrange combat, and is an all-time great map if you ask me. Sub Pens is great fun, if simply designed. Shi No Numa is an extremely bright spot, although it does now seem bested by Der Riese, with quite a few different strategies able to be employed if your team works together.

But Map Pack 3 just elevates to a higher level. Der Riese is the best NZ map thus far and I'm beginning to think its not even close; that 8/10 I originally scored it might be a bit too low. There's a seemingly endless amount of strategies that can be employed at this point. Of course, no one is glitching yet so we'll see how/if that affects the game at all. The other maps are top notch.

Breach is an excellent display of urban combat. Map is pretty huge, with a couple different buildings around the long road/gate and a lot of places to camp on both sides of the thoroughfare. Moving around the main fountains for more than a few seconds generally puts you under fire, especially if you're moving in groups.

Battery is a near perfect example of how to create a fairly large map that is still predominantly short range combat. There's windows that can be camped by MP40/PPsH's. There's lots of corners to camp. There's multiple different routes over different stories to move about the map. There's a couple high up spots where you might pull a good game sniping if you're skilled. Overall, a lot of positives and perhaps no true negatives.

But my personal favorite goes to Revolution. This map is impeccably balanced from what I've played of it. Pretty much any gun or strategy works here. You can sort of take a circular path around the map and get plenty of kills, or you can pick the top of the factory and a multitude of other good campspots if you're more into holding your ground.

One additional thing I have to say: even though they undoubtedly look even better on a maxed out PC, I'm stunned by the amount of objects/detail they put into the new maps. Good textures, and easy on the eyes.

The Gemini Method
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
That's what my friend told me, and I don't have any reason to doubt him since he has some connection with Activision. I hope they do come out with a well-though out plan for the Nazi Zombie release.

BruceBowenFan
08-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Just played nazi der riese damn that map is intense.

TwAnKiEs
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Just played nazi der riese damn that map is intense.

Fo Sho! If anyone is going to be on tonight, look for me ( GT: TwAnKiEs)

** EDIT forgot to mention i am on Xbox

ATRAIN
08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
wow this shit is crazy, I need a good team so you guys add me

TwAnKiEs
08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Got to level 25 last night... I had the upgraded Wanderwaffe and STG... bitches were dying left and right lol. I am on almost every night after 7PM if anyone wants to hop on

z0sa
08-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Got to level 25 last night... I had the upgraded Wanderwaffe and STG... bitches were dying left and right lol. I am on almost every night after 7PM if anyone wants to hop on

dude, from about 16 and on, upgraded wunderwaffe + monkey bombs will get you SO many fucking kills. my homie, some random guy and me got to 27 with him whoring that out and me with an upgraded ppsh/browning.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 07:33 AM
dude, from about 16 and on, upgraded wunderwaffe + monkey bombs will get you SO many fucking kills. my homie, some random guy and me got to 27 with him whoring that out and me with an upgraded ppsh/browning.

what do you guys mean upgraded?

TwAnKiEs
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM

Guns you run through the Pack-A-Punch machine. In the map there are writings that say embrace the trinity and the Achievement shows the monkey-bomb\Wanderwaffe\ray gun, so I think it you are lucky enough to actually get these three at once, you will be god-like , lmao

z0sa
08-11-2009, 10:19 AM

First, connect all the teleporters to the mainframe. Then for 5000 you can put your gun in Pack-a-Punch and it will be given back to you upgraded. Basically, it has weird tribals on it, hits harder/goes through surfaces and bodies better, fires faster, etc

actually the most useful part, generally speaking, is the upgraded ammo. you get double the clip size and double the reserve basically. While it doesn't apply to say the colt which turns into a grenade launcher, the extra clips come in handy when you get to later rounds and everyone runs out of ammo.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Guns you run through the Pack-A-Punch machine. In the map there are writings that say embrace the trinity and the Achievement shows the monkey-bomb\Wanderwaffe\ray gun, so I think it you are lucky enough to actually get these three at once, you will be god-like , lmao

First, connect all the teleporters to the mainframe. Then for 5000 you can put your gun in Pack-a-Punch and it will be given back to you upgraded. Basically, it has weird tribals on it, hits harder/goes through surfaces and bodies better, fires faster, etc

actually the most useful part, generally speaking, is the upgraded ammo. you get double the clip size and double the reserve basically. While it doesn't apply to say the colt which turns into a grenade launcher, the extra clips come in handy when you get to later rounds and everyone runs out of ammo.

Damn thats bad ass. So is there still weapon glitches?

BruceBowenFan
08-11-2009, 11:47 AM

We could have gone further if didnt run out of ammo.

TwAnKiEs
08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
If I get a good group , we'll see how far we get tonight.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Is the Bowie Knife worth getting?

TwAnKiEs
08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn thats bad ass. So is there still weapon glitches?

none that I have found (or to be found). They put the box well away from the perk machines so the old SNN weapon glitch will not work, the gameplay is way to fast pace IMO for anyone to try and find any , lol (which is good)

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 01:44 PM
none that I have found (or to be found). They put the box well away from the perk machines so the old SNN weapon glitch will not work, the gameplay is way to fast pace IMO for anyone to try and find any , lol (which is good)

So you can only carry 2 guns..........they should have made it at least 3.

z0sa
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
So you can only carry 2 guns..........they should have made it at least 3.

Gun glitching rules, but its actually pretty lame. Using two guns only makes things A LOT more interesting. When you only have 2 guns per person, the team has to work together to get really far. Especially with the new weapons (wunderwaffe, laser pistol, monkeybomb, pack-a-punch) you have to make choices that affect your entire team concerning your guns, instead of just collecting them.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Gun glitching rules, but its actually pretty lame. Using two guns only makes things A LOT more interesting. When you only have 2 guns per person, the team has to work together to get really far. Especially with the new weapons (wunderwaffe, laser pistol, monkeybomb, pack-a-punch) you have to make choices that affect your entire team concerning your guns, instead of just collecting them.

Laser Pistol?? Is it a new one or you talking about the ray gun? Do you only get one monkey bomb? Or is it like the Molotovs?

z0sa
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Laser Pistol?? Is it a new one or you talking about the ray gun? Do you only get one monkey bomb? Or is it like the Molotovs?

well its not exactly 'new' but its only attainable through the box in NZ period, like not in SP or MP or anything. same with the others.

And monkey bombs take the place of molotovs, and vice versa. You get 3 monkeys per round afterwards. So after you get monkeys, don't pick up molotovs. Before though, I always get them so I won't have to fuck with them again.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
well its not exactly 'new' but its only attainable through the box in NZ period, like not in SP or MP or anything. same with the others.

And monkey bombs take the place of molotovs, and vice versa. You get 3 monkeys per round afterwards. So after you get monkeys, don't pick up molotovs. Before though, I always get them so I won't have to fuck with them again.

So you get 3 monkeys per round? Thats pretty awesome, can more than one person have them? with that and bettys and 2 decent upgraded guns you can go pretty far with a good team. Can you upgrade the Bowie Knife?

z0sa
08-11-2009, 02:50 PM
So you get 3 monkeys per round? Thats pretty awesome, can more than one person have them? with that and bettys and 2 decent upgraded guns you can go pretty far with a good team. Can you upgrade the Bowie Knife?

Yeah, more than one person can get monkeys. The main problem especially late like rounds 20 and up is coordinating your monkey throws because they take a few seconds to 'charge' before you can throw them so your teammates gotta cover you. Sounds simple until you're pulling out a monkey only to find 10 zombies right in your face. Monkeys don't fall unless their actually thrown, either, so you get doublefucked.

and you cant upgrade the bowie knife. The bowie knife IS the upgrade for the knife.

my favorite guns to upgrade: wunderwaffe, ppsh, FG42, browning

TwAnKiEs
08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
If any of you are looking for a good read into the last 3 maps this forum is a good one to visit... BBF (johnson) here is that one I was talking about:

Zombie forum (http://codzombies.forum0.net/login.forum?connexion)

Treyarch has done a good job putting a real back story to the zombies and ties to real events during the war and Nazi\alien interactions (or thought to be). Makes the game more fun to play....

BruceBowenFan
08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
If any of you are looking for a good read into the last 3 maps this forum is a good one to visit... BBF (johnson) here is that one I was talking about:

Zombie forum (http://codzombies.forum0.net/login.forum?connexion)

Treyarch has done a good job putting a real back story to the zombies and ties to real events during the war and Nazi\alien interactions (or thought to be). Makes the game more fun to play....

I have been looking for that damn website

TwAnKiEs
08-11-2009, 10:33 PM
lol yeah they had to make the address a little hard to remember lmao:lol