PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to timvp (calling out Smeagol)

smeagol
04-08-2005, 11:33 AM
It has become painfully obvious that Manu is tired and is far from playing his best basketball.

Two weeks ago, when he was still sidelined with the groin injury, timvp boldly said that Pop was thinking about having Manu come of the bench. Even though, at the end of the day, he did not do it, it's pretty clear he was thinking about it (Pop even mentioned it in a recent interview).

At the time I started a thread calling out timvp because Manu did start on the first game after the injury. IMO, Pop must have put a lot of thought into deciding how to manage Manu's minutes, and one of the options he was (and still is) struggling with is making Manu come off the bench.

Props to timvp for calling it right.

I'm still divided on this issue. I still think Manu (as many NBA players) wants to start (if starting wasn't so important, why is the MVP award so much more prestigious than the 6 MoY award?). But I also think Manu and Pop should do what's better for the team (as they have done it in the past).

While we are at it, props to timvp, Kori and all the other posters (none of them Argentinean) who said at the beginning of the season that Manu should not play more than 30 mpg. They wer right too. I hope what's happening with Manu is a result of him playing non-stop b-ball for more than two years.

MannyIsGod
04-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Props to Smeagol for having the biggest sack south of the equator. Nice.

We all love Manu and what he does, we just want to seem him succeed instead of burn out.

smeagol
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks Manny.

And no more Malvinas jokes, please :spin

(we don't want this thread to locked too).

timvp
04-08-2005, 12:05 PM
No need to prop timvp.

I just want what is best for Manu and the Spurs. If he had been coming off the bench with his playing time limited to 20-25 minutes per game, I think he'd be more healthy and have more energy for the rest of the season.

But now the decision was made and the Spurs have to deal with the here and now. My opinion is you play Manu about 25 minutes per game and you don't let him play in the back-to-backs. His energy level from the Clippers game to the Mavericks game was noticeably diminished.

Manu has more heart and determination than pretty much any player in the league. The Spurs just need to find a way to limit his minutes so that once the playoff start Manu can be the engine that makes this team run.

Manu has won an NBA championship before. Manu has lead Argentina to Olympic glory. He's a winner who puts his heart, soul and body on the line for his team in every minute of every game. That's what makes it scary right now but it's also what makes Manu the great player that he is.

Manu will fight through this and will be ready to lead his team to yet another championship.

Believe.

T Park
04-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I believe that some of us at the end of december pulled for Brent Barry to start, manu to come off the bench, and just finish 4th quarters.

With Big Dog here, its easier to do this, offensively.

Make the move Pop, fuck the haters, and make the right move, put barry in the starting 5 and bring Manu off the bench.

Ginofan
04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
No need to prop timvp.

I just want what is best for Manu and the Spurs. If he had been coming off the bench with his playing time limited to 20-25 minutes per game, I think he'd be more healthy and have more energy for the rest of the season.

But now the decision was made and the Spurs have to deal with the here and now. My opinion is you play Manu about 25 minutes per game and you don't let him play in the back-to-backs. His energy level from the Clippers game to the Mavericks game was noticeably diminished.

Manu has more heart and determination than pretty much any player in the league. The Spurs just need to find a way to limit his minutes so that once the playoff start Manu can be the engine that makes this team run.

Manu has won an NBA championship before. Manu has lead Argentina to Olympic glory. He's a winner who puts his heart, soul and body on the line for his team in every minute of every game. That's what makes it scary right now but it's also what makes Manu the great player that he is.

Manu will fight through this and will be ready to lead his team to yet another championship.

Believe.

I agree...that's what I wanted to happen...although I admit I got giddy seeing Manu in the starting line up yesterday...just can't help myself. Pop has seen the error of his way now...Manu won't play both games of the next two back to backs. And his minutes are being reduced in the past two games so let's hope it stays that way.

And that last part was really nice, i like it :D

RobinsontoDuncan
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I was so pissed with Manu yesterday, it was clear that Pop was letting the game go, playing Wilks for an extended period of time, WTF, yet Manu kept charging to the paint and getting knocked on his ass. Being that he is already injured, his fearlessness is venturing on stupidity, we probably can't win a title without Manu, so he needs to be a bit more conservative down the stretch.

T Park
04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
RTD.

where have you been, thats how he is, he wont change, try to change him and he starts to stink.

Thats how he is, giving heart and hustle todo el tiempo.

Supergirl
04-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Manu has earned his starting spot, and he's easily at least the 3rd bester defender we have (after Bowen and Duncan). I agree he shouldn't play more than 30 minutes, but I think the rotations should allow him to play mostly in the 1st and 4th, personally.

The main reason Manu is so easily fatigued now is his nonstop basketball for the last year, and his Olympic run last summer. He's led Argentina to gold, now hopefull he can take the next couple summers off and be more rested for future NBA seasons.

As for this year - I think Pop should probably bench him in and back to backs from here on out. We can't risk him wearing out before playoffs, and I'd rather see us lose seeding.

xcoriate
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I was so pissed with Manu yesterday, it was clear that Pop was letting the game go, playing Wilks for an extended period of time, WTF, yet Manu kept charging to the paint and getting knocked on his ass. Being that he is already injured, his fearlessness is venturing on stupidity, we probably can't win a title without Manu, so he needs to be a bit more conservative down the stretch.

It's called competitive spirit and it is something everyone should admire. Its not fruitless and its an honarable way to go down in a game. Its love of the game.

Have you ever played basketball? Playing hard in a losing effort shows love for the game and you teammates, and in my opinion it commands respect.

SequSpur
04-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Let me get this straight.

Because Manu sucks. He should be removed from his starting position and come off the bench because that would be more beneficial?

No offense, but I talk to many people daily and some of you have the most fucked up takes that I have ever heard.

Manu fucking sucks. Period. No sugarcoating, nothing. The Gold Medal doesn't do shit for an NBA Championship. 48 points before Christmas doesn't do shit either.

This guy is becoming notorious for being tired, out of control and a hot dog.

You guys and the media are coming up with bullshit statistics to make him look good or elite.

I think it is smoke signals and bullshit.

Late.

Ginofan
04-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Because All Stars generally suck right Sequ? Manu has saved this team's ass so many times and yet you continue to trash him....I hope you get food poisoning! :)

smeagol
04-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Let me get this straight.

Because Manu sucks. He should be removed from his starting position and come off the bench because that would be more beneficial?

No offense, but I talk to many people daily and some of you have the most fucked up takes that I have ever heard.

Manu fucking sucks. Period. No sugarcoating, nothing. The Gold Medal doesn't do shit for an NBA Championship. 48 points before Christmas doesn't do shit either.

This guy is becoming notorious for being tired, out of control and a hot dog.

You guys and the media are coming up with bullshit statistics to make him look good or elite.

I think it is smoke signals and bullshit.

Late.

May I remind you Mr. Chickenshit that you had the opprotunity to post a message to Manu stating how you feel and all you could come up with was:

"We hope you are ready for the playoffs, because it looks like we are going to need you more than ever."

What a coward!

PS: The 48 points were after XMas, you idiot.

ALVAREZ6
04-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Don't even bother listening or arguing sequ because it's a waste of time, and he doesn't have any friends, and he always has to fucking win every argument with his bullshit.

Don't even listen to the short, midget fuck.

mouse
04-09-2005, 10:35 AM
You can bash SS all you want ,but lay off The Midget Smack
you taco eating wetback madi cone........

Ps: you guys go ahead and ruin and hijack all the topics you want, I will be the one to get the blame.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Rack.jpg

wildbill2u
04-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I still think there is something more wrong with Manu than playing basketball all year. Most athletes can recover their legs and endurance after a three day layoff. Manu doesn't seem to and that disturbs me. I wonder again if he has been tested for anemia or mono or whatever.

smeagol
04-28-2005, 09:52 AM
* Bump *

timvp, I started this thread three weeks ago, when Manu was coming off the groin injury, giving you props for wanting to bench Manu. Even though the reason you stated at the time had more to do with managing Manu's minutes, the side product of doing this was that Barry got to start.

So don't go saying that nobody gave you props and it was all bashing, cause at least I and a couple of other posters in this thread did. :wtf

While we are at it, props to Tpark. Check out his post (#5). He called this one right.

rascal
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
And you call Carter a pussy yet you don't want Manu playing more than 30 pmg because he may get tired and burn out. You Hypocrite

timvp
04-28-2005, 11:32 AM
You are good people, smeagol.

It's all good. Manu is going to have the playoffs of a lifetime. Barry can now settle in and hit some big shots.

Spurs will win.

Believe.

Clandestino
04-28-2005, 11:35 AM
i don't think pop made this move bc manu was tired or underperforming at all.. it was solely bc barry is like hedo and can't shoot unless he is a starter... manu could care less he will perform under any circumstances...

a true winner...

smeagol
04-28-2005, 11:52 AM
And you call Carter a pussy yet you don't want Manu playing more than 30 pmg because he may get tired and burn out. You Hypocrite
rascal, you are an idiot!

My reasons for calling your golden boy, VC, a pussy have more to do with what he says off the court, such as his constant bitching about Bowen's D.

And if you feel Manu is a pussy, you are a bigger idiot than what I thought you were. Tell me how many other NBA players play with as much heart as Manu does. How many NBA players take the hits Manu takes, night-in and night-out. And how many NBA players, after getting whacked like Manu gets whacked, simply stand up, call for the ball, and attack the rim again and again.

Besides, when have you ever heard Manu bitch like pussy-boy VC bitches, on or off the court? How many times have you seen Manu react like your fucking golden boy reacted against Bruce the game he was ejected?

Manu's nose was operated on the court (without anesthesia, I may add) by that bully center from SEA (James?) and how did he react? He picked himself up and did his job by hitting both FTs.

So loser, go jump of a bridge, you pathetic negative fuck.

EasilyAmused
04-28-2005, 11:53 AM
This started out as a great thread! What happened?!?!

Smeagol and timvp- great posts! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Sweetmelody06/smilies/bow.gif

smeagol
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
This started out as a great thread! What happened?!?!

Smeagol and timvp- great posts! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Sweetmelody06/smilies/bow.gif
A rascal hijack, that's what happened.

Jimcs50
04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Last year I thought Hedo needed to start to get his fragile mental acumen up to par. I did not think Brent needed to start because I think he has a lot stronger mindset than Hedo did. I think Brent came come off the bench and still be a contributor, and he has, but this seemed to work last night and as long as Manu is cool with it, I am all for it.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 12:42 PM
You guys should ask Sequ what he wore to the game last night. :lol

Ginofan
04-28-2005, 01:01 PM

A Manu jersey? :eyebrows

T Park
04-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Of course.

As soon as they announced Brent Barry in the starting lineup, i was envisioning the forum melting down from the Argentinian contigent on the forum.

Props to Pop for having a pair, and pulling something like that in the playoffs.

Keep the lineup, IT WORKS!!!!

Athenea
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Of course.

As soon as they announced Brent Barry in the starting lineup, i was envisioning the forum melting down from the Argentinian contigent on the forum.

Props to Pop for having a pair, and pulling something like that in the playoffs.

Keep the lineup, IT WORKS!!!!
I won't take sh*t from a liar like u...I never wanted to call u out but heck! u deserve it.
You know u are a liar that's why u get along w/Pop's handles...

Dex
04-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Jesus H. Christ.

Someone needs to just get over it already.

I'm sure Manu prefers winning ballgames to hearing his name announced over the PA.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I won't take sh*t from a liar like u...I never wanted to call u out but heck! u deserve it.
You know u are a liar that's why u get along w/Pop's handles...
Zoloft babe, Zoloft.

Athenea
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Jesus H. Christ.

Someone needs to just get over it already.

I'm sure Manu prefers winning ballgames to hearing his name announced over the PA.
I'll get over it when I actually see with my very own eyes Pop in a press conference, kissing Manu's feet.

Slo spurs fan
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM

Benos' jersey maybe? :D

Athenea
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Zoloft babe, Zoloft.
Did Drachen delivered the msg I had for u in the last GTG?
I guess not...

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Did Drachen delivered the msg I had for u in the last GTG?
I guess not...
He did, but I forgot. It must not have made an impression on me. Unlike you, I don't obsess over people. :lol

Athenea
04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
He did, but I forgot. It must not have made an impression on me. Unlike you, I don't obsess over people. :lol
He didn't...or else u would remember. Of course he has not my black-belt skillz but I won't make a trip to SA just to kick your nuttz (in case I could find those) :lol :lol :lol

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Sequ had on a Manu Jersey from the national team.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
He didn't...or else u would remember. Of course he has not my black-belt skillz but I won't make a trip to SA just to kick your nuttz (in case I could find those) :lol :lol :lol
No, I have a feeling any time you spend in SA will be spent stalking.

Athenea
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
No, I have a feeling any time you spend in SA will be spent stalking.
Stalking who? You? :lol :lol
Manu? :lol :lol :lol
Hahahaha you r so incompetent that u r actually hilarious!!! :elephant

MannyIsGod
04-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Ok, well, you scare me, so back to the discussion at hand.

Manu will flourish off the bench, and props to Pop for making the move, Timvp for calling it, and people like smeagol who acknowledge the intelligence behind it.

ALVAREZ6
04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Damn Athenea, you're still pissed?

I didn't expect you to react like this, I wasn't even pissed...As long as Manu gets his minutes, and the Spurs win, I don't give a fuck...

...but if Pop benches Manu and the Spurs lose, I will be pissed.

red kryptonite
04-28-2005, 08:27 PM
timvp makes a lot of bold statements that come true. it's uncanny how everytime he's right, so many people thought the same thing.

SpursWoman
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
So, fuck if the Spurs win or not...as long as Manu starts. Was that the gist of game-chat content?

Brilliant.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
No, SW, there was also nudity.