They need to stick with the 'fair and balanced' news coverage... :td

Wild Cobra
08-04-2009, 08:43 AM
They need to stick with the 'fair and balanced' news coverage... :td
Oh come on. It's funny stuff. Here's another funny one:

8zxOTVgBAV8

clambake
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
the only thing missing from that comedy show.......was comedy.

Wild Cobra
08-04-2009, 08:45 AM
the only thing missing from that comedy show.......was comedy.
It's not over your heard is it?

ElNono
08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Oh come on. It's funny stuff.

Please. This is funny stuff...

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=24406&title=reparations-2003

clambake
08-04-2009, 08:48 AM
It's not over your heard is it?

no...it's not over my "heard".

whats the one thing a comedy show needs to stay afloat?

LnGrrrR
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm an atheist, and took a look at the atheist one.

The heart attack was in poor taste... would've been funnier if he was, say, hit by lightning. Also, deliberately explaining the 'joke'... not funny.

However, the third guy changing his stance was pretty good though. :D

I don't get the hatred towards ACLU from conservatives.

The Limbaugh bit sucked :p

Wild Cobra
08-04-2009, 11:55 AM

The heart attack was in poor taste... would've been funnier if he was, say, hit by lightning. Also, deliberately explaining the 'joke'... not funny.

Well, lightning would have been overboard, and actually make God's presence less deniable. You may not like the stye of humor, but it helps to have a similar perspective.

I don't get the hatred towards ACLU from conservatives.They are almost always on the wrong side of morality.

[QUOTE=LnGrrrR]You just don't like his style. You also have to remember that they are using what liberals believe of them, and that's part of the joke. I especially liked the Gun Free zone one. It's so laughable that criminals will not commit crimes because it's a Gun Free Zone.

George Gervin's Afro
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM

I don't get the hatred towards ACLU from conservatives.

I can only listen to about 3 minutes of Hush's show before I throw up in my mouth...

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 07:09 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

did your daddy touch your wee-wee when you were little or what

Wow... what perverse thoughts you have with nothing to trigger it.

I pitty you.

LnGrrrR
08-05-2009, 08:11 AM
[quote=LnGrrrR]You just don't like his style. You also have to remember that they are using what liberals believe of them, and that's part of the joke. I especially liked the Gun Free zone one. It's so laughable that criminals will not commit crimes because it's a Gun Free Zone.

The Gun Free Zone was funny.

And ACLU doesn't care whether or not something is moral... it just defends legality/constitutionality.

Which do you think is more important? I mean, I don't like the KKK, but I don't think they should be denied freedom of speech.

Spurminator
08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
The ACLU protects pedophiles! BWA HA HA HA! It's funny because it's true!

This is comedy for stupid people. It's not witty or unpredictable, it's just affirmation of the viewers' opinions. Just because it has a live audience and laughter at certain key points doesn't make it comedy.

TheProfessor
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
This is comedy for stupid people.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
And ACLU doesn't care whether or not something is moral... it just defends legality/constitutionality.

I disagree with that as their motive. It's a ruse in my opinion. They don't have to take on the cases that they do. I see them as an American hate group, and uses the constitution to hurt us.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
The ACLU protects pedophiles! BWA HA HA HA! It's funny because it's true!

This is comedy for stupid people. It's not witty or unpredictable, it's just affirmation of the viewers' opinions. Just because it has a live audience and laughter at certain key points doesn't make it comedy.
Actually, I agree they aren't funny. Those spoofs were direct attracts against the ACLU. I think they did a good job of exposing what the ACLU does.

ChumpDumper
08-05-2009, 11:57 AM
So you're a libertarian who doesn't think your liberties should be defended.

Coming from you, that makes perfect sense.

LnGrrrR
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I disagree with that as their motive. It's a ruse in my opinion. They don't have to take on the cases that they do. I see them as an American hate group, and uses the constitution to hurt us.

How can they use the Constitution to hurt us by defending it?

They defend hate groups, yes, but the whole point of the 1st Amendment is to protect speech we don't like.

They've defended both crazy right-wing lunatics and crazy left-wing lunatics. They've fought cases for expression of religion in some instances, and against it in others, depending on the situation.

Edit: Also, you're right that they don't HAVE to take the cases. They choose to take cases on the extreme fringe, because A) that's where the law gets defined and B) they know that public opinion is against one side usually, and feel that side should have good representation.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 12:49 PM
How can they use the Constitution to hurt us by defending it?
Isn't it obvious?

They defend hate groups, yes, but the whole point of the 1st Amendment is to protect speech we don't like.
Speech yes. Probelm is, over the years, activist judges have redefined speech to include actions.

They've defended both crazy right-wing lunatics and crazy left-wing lunatics. They've fought cases for expression of religion in some instances, and against it in others, depending on the situation
Most the cases they take are a means to the destruction of the Heart of America. Along the way, they have to take some credible cases too, or else be too obvious.

Edit: Also, you're right that they don't HAVE to take the cases. They choose to take cases on the extreme fringe, because A) that's where the law gets defined and B) they know that public opinion is against one side usually, and feel that side should have good representation.

Do you think either is right? This becomes a complicated issue, but when you take one precedent, then build others upon that, it no longer resembles what the constitution means.

Oh, Gee!!
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
no, because it was the most unfunny comedy ever

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
no, because it was the most unfunny comedy ever
Well excuse me for liking a different comedy style than most. Besides, I seem to be one of the few who doesn't like Monty Python.

clambake
08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Well excuse me for liking a different comedy style than most. Besides, I seem to be one of the few who doesn't like Monty Python.

what comedy style do you like?

the non-comedy style....cuz you don't want laughter to get in the way.?

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
what comedy style do you like?

the non-comedy style....cuz you don't want laughter to get in the way.?
I don't know what the style is called, but I like comedy that has more intelligence than that.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand this, and those who don't.

clambake
08-05-2009, 01:46 PM
but you don't know what it's called.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 01:49 PM
but you don't know what it's called.
Maybe you should ask if I care. I don't.

clambake
08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
then why did you bring it up?

can't you just admit that the comedy you like is not comedy?

listen, for comedy to be comedy, it needs to be funny. if it's not funny, then it just sucks.

clambake
08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
oh, i know what comedy you like. the comedy like your marriage?

LnGrrrR
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Speech yes. Probelm is, over the years, activist judges have redefined speech to include actions.

Which actions are you against? Considering that SCOTUS has also ruled spending money is a form of freedom of speech/association, I'm not too surprised.

Most the cases they take are a means to the destruction of the Heart of America. Along the way, they have to take some credible cases too, or else be too obvious.

What do you think will lead to the destruction of America? Crazy KKK people getting the right to march? I say, let the stupidity be heard.

Do you think either is right? This becomes a complicated issue, but when you take one precedent, then build others upon that, it no longer resembles what the constitution means.

Could you give me an example? This isn't very clear to me.

LnGrrrR
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM

You know, Monty Python actually can be VERY intelligent at times. Look at the scene in the Holy Grail, where they discuss proper forms of government (monarchy vs anarcho-commune).

What about the amazing insight of the World's Funniest Joke skit? If you're unfamiliar, a man writes the world's funniest joke, then dies of laughter. Of course, it's soon converted into a weapon of war. The absurdity and irony is painfully funny here.

I think what you mean, WC, is that you don't like absurdity. But, I find the best humor is absurd humor, that makes you reflect on how things actually are. Comedy is just a skewed mirror held up to life, after all.

If you want 'intelligent' humor, you should watch Fry and Laurie, an old BBC sketch show. Lots of linguistic jokes, and plays on differences in social status/class.

jman3000
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Arthur: I am your king!
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you!
Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering silmite
held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine
providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your
king!
Dennis interrupting: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin'
swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power
derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic
ceremony!

SonOfAGun
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I like Red-Eye, but it comes on at 2 am.

TheProfessor
08-05-2009, 04:13 PM
You know, Monty Python actually can be VERY intelligent at times. Look at the scene in the Holy Grail, where they discuss proper forms of government (monarchy vs anarcho-commune).

What about the amazing insight of the World's Funniest Joke skit? If you're unfamiliar, a man writes the world's funniest joke, then dies of laughter. Of course, it's soon converted into a weapon of war. The absurdity and irony is painfully funny here.

I think what you mean, WC, is that you don't like absurdity. But, I find the best humor is absurd humor, that makes you reflect on how things actually are. Comedy is just a skewed mirror held up to life, after all.

If you want 'intelligent' humor, you should watch Fry and Laurie, an old BBC sketch show. Lots of linguistic jokes, and plays on differences in social status/class.
Life of Brian is actually one of the most intelligently written comedies I've ever seen.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I like Red-Eye, but it comes on at 2 am.
I don't like Red-Eye either.