PDA

View Full Version : Greek Olympiacos to Offer Allen Iverson $10 Million

Cry Havoc
08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/08/greek-team-olympiacos-to-offer-allen-iverson-10-million/

I’m so very confused. Mind blowing. Entering Twilight Zone.

What the hell is going on in the NBA these days, when a player just half a season removed from being one of the Top 5 Scorers in this league cannot find a decent offer from an NBA franchise? So what if Allen Iverson had a terrible finish to the season with the Pistons last year. Does half a season negate all of the hustle this man has put in for the past decade plus? This guy is still one of the top talents in this league and can score buckets with the best of ‘em.

Sure Allen Iverson cheats off his man to play the passing lanes. He IS a liability as an on the ball defender, but he takes off some of that edge with the huge amount of steals this man turns up game after game. So the guy isn’t the greatest defender in the league any more. There is no question in my mind that Allen Iverson, in the right system, is still one of the top offensive threats in this league.

Are you telling me that of the 30 NBA teams, not one of them figures they need some help offensively? How about Charlotte, Memphis, LA Clippers, Washington, Miami? All of which are bottom dwellers each of the past few years in the offensive categories. Then again those teams have some weak defense as well so they may not want to give up a lot in the other department with Iverson. I’m not buying it.

But what about the San Antonio Spurs? They are notoriously strong defensively, and almost as notoriously weak offensively. Wouldn’t Allen Iverson be the perfect fit for the Spurs? Especially this late stage in his career where Popovich seems get the most out of his aging superstars. The Spurs biggest weakness has always been offense, and when Manu Ginobili goes down as we saw last season, they may as well just throw in the towel on the offensive end of the floor.

Ah well, enough with the rant. The big news out of Europe this week is that the Greece Olympiacos are prepared to offer Allen Iverson a two year $10 million contract to come play for them. More and more these European teams seem ready to pounce on players that clearly but butts in seats that NBA franchises fail to sign in a timely manner.

So now the question is, will Allen Iverson take the $10 million and head overseas, or wait around hoping for an adequate NBA offer?

spursfan1000
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Allen Iverson is gone, there is no way he wont take this offer, if he can't get a starting job in NBA.

sonic21
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
lies

IronMexican
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
HAHA, KBP's favorite team is going to over-pay for an NBA has been.

How many times I tell you all I am PATHNIAKOS FAN. We hate Olympiacos. Stupid fucking American jews

Pistons < Spurs
08-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Good! I hope he accepts their offer.

timtonymanu
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
good riddance if he does.

Muser
08-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Talk about a fall from fame.

Spursfan092120
08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Lies!!

La Peace
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
He has to take it.

There is no way he can live knowing he gets paid less than Anderson Varejao.

SonOfAGun
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Hahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahaahahaaha

jack sommerset
08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Has alot to do with salary cap

Agloco
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/08/greek-team-olympiacos-to-offer-allen-iverson-10-million/

I’m so very confused. Mind blowing. Entering Twilight Zone.

What the hell is going on in the NBA these days, when a player just half a season removed from being one of the Top 5 Scorers in this league cannot find a decent offer from an NBA franchise? So what if Allen Iverson had a terrible finish to the season with the Pistons last year. Does half a season negate all of the hustle this man has put in for the past decade plus? This guy is still one of the top talents in this league and can score buckets with the best of ‘em.

Sure Allen Iverson cheats off his man to play the passing lanes. He IS a liability as an on the ball defender, but he takes off some of that edge with the huge amount of steals this man turns up game after game. So the guy isn’t the greatest defender in the league any more. There is no question in my mind that Allen Iverson, in the right system, is still one of the top offensive threats in this league.

Are you telling me that of the 30 NBA teams, not one of them figures they need some help offensively? How about Charlotte, Memphis, LA Clippers, Washington, Miami? All of which are bottom dwellers each of the past few years in the offensive categories. Then again those teams have some weak defense as well so they may not want to give up a lot in the other department with Iverson. I’m not buying it.

But what about the San Antonio Spurs? They are notoriously strong defensively, and almost as notoriously weak offensively. Wouldn’t Allen Iverson be the perfect fit for the Spurs? Especially this late stage in his career where Popovich seems get the most out of his aging superstars. The Spurs biggest weakness has always been offense, and when Manu Ginobili goes down as we saw last season, they may as well just throw in the towel on the offensive end of the floor.

Ah well, enough with the rant. The big news out of Europe this week is that the Greece Olympiacos are prepared to offer Allen Iverson a two year $10 million contract to come play for them. More and more these European teams seem ready to pounce on players that clearly but butts in seats that NBA franchises fail to sign in a timely manner.

So now the question is, will Allen Iverson take the $10 million and head overseas, or wait around hoping for an adequate NBA offer?

Epic Fail

Dr. Gonzo
08-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Stupid American can't even spell Olympiacos.

angelbelow
08-04-2009, 03:47 PM
According to AI himself money doesn't matter. He just wants to "win".

fo'shizzle
08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Proof of NBA lies!!!

sonic21
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
greek league > nba

hater
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Iverson playing in A level team in B level league. Will average 24pts and 10 assists which is equivalent to 40pts 8 assists in NBA. stupid american

JamStone
08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I think there probably are a handful of NBA teams interested in AI if for no other reason than to help sell tickets. He's taken a hit, but could still help sell some tickets. The problem is not only money or the fact that Iverson had proven to be a cancer last year. From a purely basketball point of view, it's hard to incorporate him onto a team. His style is so hard for teams to adjust to. You add money and his attitude, and teams will turn away.

JamStone
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
$10 million from a Greek team is more like $1.67 million since that's how much will be paid out before the team files for bankruptcy.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/188495

Agent of Kleiza said he will sign very soon with Olympiacos. They are just finalizing the contract.

Also it says that latest on Iverson is no NBA team will match Olympiacos offer and no NBA team is willing to give him more than a 1 year contract.

Also Greek League just passed the new rule yesterday that Greek clubs can now sign 3 American players instead of just 2. The same day Iverson was given the contract offer.

Looks like Kleiza and Iverson could be in Olympiacos soon.

bugoy
08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
According to AI himself money doesn't matter. He just wants to "win".

10 million is A LOT of money to pass up...

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:28 PM
$10 million from a Greek team is more like $1.67 million since that's how much will be paid out before the team files for bankruptcy.

:rollin:blah:lmao

You realize all 3 owners of Olympiacos are each billionaires?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:28 PM
10 million is A LOT of money to pass up...

Remember this is $10 million net. After all his taxes and agent fees is paid he would still have $10 million. So way more than MLE of NBA.

hater
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/188495

Agent of Kleiza said he will sign very soon with Olympiacos. They are just finalizing the contract.

Also it says that latest on Iverson is no NBA team will match Olympiacos offer and no NBA team is willing to give him more than a 1 year contract.

Also Greek League just passed the new rule yesterday that Greek clubs can now sign 3 American players instead of just 2. The same day Iverson was given the contract offer.

Looks like Kleiza and Iverson could be in Olympiacos soon.

kleiza is not american you stupid greek

45 bank shot
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
take it A.I.
win a championship in europe

bugoy
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Remember this is $10 million net. After all his taxes and agent fees is paid he would still have $10 million. So way more than MLE of NBA.

if this is true, he's pretty much GONE...will this greek team really benefit 10million dollars worth from AI though? I think if they offered him 7 he'd still take it

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Iverson playing in A level team in B level league. Will average 24pts and 10 assists which is equivalent to 40pts 8 assists in NBA. stupid american

There is no way in hell he will average 24 and 10. 24 points no but 10 assists? LMFAO he will average double assists of guys like Prigioni and Papalouaks? :lol:lmao:blah:nope:rolleyes What a joke.

And Greek League is not B level league. It is A level league.

FIBA and ULEB have it list in the official rank as A level along with Spain and Italy. So stop making up shit.

hater
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
There is no way in hell he will average 24 and 10. 24 points no but 10 assists? LMFAO he will average double assists of guys like Prigioni and Papalouaks? :lol:lmao:blah:nope:rolleyes What a joke.

And Greek League is not B level league. It is A level league.

FIBA and ULEB have it list in the official rank as A level along with Spain and Italy. So stop making up shit.

you are one stupid mofo if you thought I was serious

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
kleiza is not american you stupid greek

Iverson is American you fucking idiot. Can you even read?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
take it A.I.
win a championship in europe

They will not beat Panathinaikos.

bugoy
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
KBP answer my question from my post in the end of the first page

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
if this is true, he's pretty much GONE...will this greek team really benefit 10million dollars worth from AI though? I think if they offered him 7 he'd still take it

Olympiacos has 3 owners and each one is a billionaire. They don't care if they benefit they need no money. Besides they sold 14.500 season tickets last year just from adding Childress and he sucked.

Also they average 50 million viewers for TV and they get like 25% of the incomes. They have like 16 sponsors and marketing deals also. They have a huge deal with Nike also. They have no money issues.

fo'shizzle
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
So are you an Olympiacos fan now KBP???

sonic21
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Also they average 50 million viewers for TV and they get like 25% of the incomes. They have like 16 sponsors and marketing deals also. They have a huge deal with Nike also. They have no money issues.

bullshit

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
So are you an Olympiacos fan now KBP???

Never. Panathinaikos and Olympiacos is considered #1 rivalry in world.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
bullshit

PAO and Olympiacos games average 50 million viewers in Europe.

DAF86
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't see AI doing well on Europe.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Also Greek League just passed the new rule yesterday that Greek clubs can now sign 3 American players instead of just 2.Maybe having more good American players will make the Greek league suck a little less.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe having more good American players will make the Greek league suck a little less.

Like Childress and Pargo? The same ones that sucked last year?

SonOfAGun
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't know which is more funny, Iverson going to Greek Team or Greek Team pursuing Iverson.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I blame the coaches, just like you blame JVG for that douchebag's playing so horribly in the NBA.

sonic21
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM
PAO and Olympiacos games average 50 million viewers in Europe.

still bullshit

sonic21
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM

if they're not getting paid, they will not try.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I don't see AI doing well on Europe.

PG Iverson/Papaloukas/Teodosic
SG Kelati/Halperin/Sloukas
SF Childress/Vasilopoulos/Pelekanos
PF Bourousis/Kleiza/Mavrokefalidis
C Vujcic/Glyniadakis/Schortsanitits

That is too many good players for one roster. The coach could never handle it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
if they're not getting paid, they will not try.

Why the fuck would Childress still be on the team if he did not get paid? Why the fuck do you make up lies endlessly. Greek League player association official statement for this year ALL players got paid ALL money ON TIME.

Greek League PLAYER ASSOCIATION

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM

That is too many good players for one roster. The coach could never handle it.There aren't that many good players -- look at all the Greek names.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I blame the coaches, just like you blame JVG for that douchebag's playing so horribly in the NBA.

:lol:rollin:lmao:ihit

Refusing to play a player because of an argument is the same thing as making players starters and them not performing? :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
:lol:rollin:lmao:ihit

Refusing to play a player because of an argument is the same thing as making players starters and them not performing? :rolleyes:lol:rollin:lmao:ihit
Vagisilis never performed at all even when he played. :rolleyes

DAF86
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM

That is too many good players for one roster. The coach could never handle it.

Besides I don't see Iverson's style translating into FIBA basketball.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM

If Iverson and Kleiza go there will you learn your lesson? I would have though after all your bull shit about Pargo and Childress and Jennings last year and how you were wrong and those players you said would "dominate" all sucked ass.............that you would learn your lesson.

You do realize that Olympiacos still won win shit right? As long as Spanoulis is on PAO they will win. Just like I said last year and you argued how Childress and Pargo would embarras him and "destroy the Greek League".

Yet Spanoulis wins Greek Cup, Greek Championship, Euroleague and he is MVP of Europe and of Greece. It will be the same exact thing. Anyone that actually has seen Spanoulis play knows he is much better than Childress, Iverson, Kleiza and any other player in Europe.

sonic21
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Why the fuck would Childress still be on the team if he did not get paid? Why the fuck do you make up lies endlessly. Greek League player association official statement for this year ALL players got paid ALL money ON TIME.

Greek League PLAYER ASSOCIATION

let us stop insults please.
and where the hell did your fake greek accent go?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
There aren't that many good players -- look at all the Greek names.

STFU I am putting you in ignore list. You are a racist scum and Kori has asked people to stop acting like that in NBA forum. But you cannot stop so ignore for you.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Besides I don't see Iverson's style translating into FIBA basketball.

Giannakis does not play FIBA basketball. Giannakis is the same coach that coached Greek national team up till this summer.

Giannakis is same style as Larry Brown.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
If Iverson and Kleiza go there will you learn your lesson?[/qujote]What lesson? i hope they do -- the Greek leaguie might suck less.[quote] I would have though after all your bull shit about Pargo and Childress and Jennings last year and how you were wrong and those players you said would "dominate" all sucked ass.............that you would learn your lesson.The only time I said anyone would dominate anyone else is when the USA played the Greeks in the Olympics.

You do realize that Olympiacos still won win shit right? As long as Spanoulis is on PAO they will win. Just like I said last year and you argued how Childress and Pargo would embarras him and "destroy the Greek League".Understand -- I don't care enough about the Greek league to make predictions like that.

No one cares.

Yet Spanoulis wins Greek Cup, Greek Championship, Euroleague and he is MVP of Europe and of Greece. It will be the same exact thing. Anyone that actually has seen Spanoulis play knows he is much better than Childress, Iverson, Kleiza and any other player in Europe.Spanoulis is a scrub who sucked in the NBA and ran home to his mother.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
hmmm. if Olympiacos signs both AI and LK then they might only lose by 30 when they come to America.

This is ridiculous. Without Iverson they would be a much better team than with him. Are you really Stephen A?

DAF86
08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Giannakis does not play FIBA basketball. Giannakis is the same coach that coached Greek national team up till this summer.

Giannakis is same style as Larry Brown.

I'm not talking just about Olympiacos' style, I'm also talking about their opponents, the different rules and even the life style. If Iverson signs with Olympiacos I don't see him lasting much there.

BUMP
08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
:lmao :lmao i guess AI has hit rock bottom

i didn't know the Greek League still exists

AI even at his age is the best basketball player to ever set foot in that country

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm not talking just about Olympiacos' style, I'm also talking about their opponents, the different rules and even the life style. If Iverson signs with Olympiacos I don't see him lasting much there.

He would have no problem there. Childress sucked and they treated him like a king. Pelekanos was far better than him all season and they made him set on the bench just to please Childress who was actually making the team worse whenever he played.

Iverson will bring no championship to Olympiacos and all the Americans saying he would are just a joke. They have never in their life even seen a Euroleague game. Of course they will all forget if Iverson fails and make up the new lie "Iverson dominated" like they say "Childress was Jordan in Europe".

NBA fans are the biggest joke of all sports fans in the world. Nothing new.

But no matter for Iverson. Olympiacos will let him do whatever. He can play however, act however he wants. Remember the owners of Olympiacos grew up in USA and also grew up going to Bulls games.

That is why they are obsessed with NBA players. They don't even know anything about European basketball to be honest. They are the joke of Europe. Being called the "Cuban Twins".

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:16 PM
:lmao :lmao i guess AI has hit rock bottom

i didn't know the Greek League still exists

AI even at his age is the best basketball player to ever set foot in that country

So what will be your excuse next year when he failed to do shit? You will just lie same way you lied about how Childress and Pargo sucked.

And Iverson is not the best player to play in Greece if he goes there.

Spanoulis is better than him.

sonic21
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM

her we go again.

Muser
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Spanolisauras better then A.I :lmao

sonic21
08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Spanolisauras better then A.I :lmao

he thinks spanoulis is better than tony and deron too

sabar
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Yet these scrubs can't land a min contract in the NBA, let alone a max one.
AI will be the best player to ever set foot in that country.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Yet these scrubs can't land a min contract in the NBA, let alone a max one.
AI will be the best player to ever set foot in that country.

Spanoulis > Iverson
Galis > Iverson
Wilkins > Iverson
Bodiroga > Iverson

No way in hell will he be the player to play in Greek league.

sonic21
08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm going to laugh when Iverson averages 25 points per game in the Greek League.

on 40% shooting though

Pistons < Spurs
08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
How do you say "Practice?" in Greek?

ChumpDumper
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
How do you say "Practice?" in Greek?Praktice.

DAF86
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm going to laugh when Iverson averages 25 points per game in the Greek League.

Not going to happen.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM

It will be the big laugh if he does join them. NBA fans will finally be permanently shut up when he is no more than a role player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
First off I was being sarcastic. Secondly, you keep proving that you are not Greek because A) Steven A Smith is not all that big in Athens last time I checked and B) it is currently 2 am in the morning where you claim to be posting.

Everyone knows Screamin A.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Not going to happen.

I think maybe 17-20 would be his average in Greek League. Maybe 15-18 would be his average in Euroleague.

If he was getting 25 a game Olympiacos coach would be fired because they would be losing most of their games.

ginobili's bald spot
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
KBP give me your ranking of the top 10 point guards in the world. This should be interesting.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Last time I checked 17 points per game in the Euroleague is pretty damn good. The Bouroussis player you seem to brag on all the time only averaged 11.5 ppg in the Greek League. Marcus Haislip averaged around 17 in ACB and he won't be that kind of scorer in the NBA.

Iverson will shoot something like 35-40 percent in Euroleague. So it won't be that good actually.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Last time I checked 17 points per game in the Euroleague is pretty damn good. The Bouroussis player you seem to brag on all the time only averaged 11.5 ppg in the Greek League. Marcus Haislip averaged around 17 in ACB and he won't be that kind of scorer in the NBA.

Iverson is a far better offensive player than those two. You are an NBA only fan. You don't knwo anything about European basketball. All you can see is Haislip plays in NBA, Bourousis had NBA offers = "they must be top offensive scorers in Europe"

Bourousis is good because he is an incredible beast on rebounds and can clog the paint, score in the post and spread the floor.

Haislip was good for athletic plays. Although he was no better than about the 15-20 best power forward in Euroleague.

Iverson is one of the greatest scorers ever. Why the fuck would you compare him to those two players? Because you are NBA only fan. You see only Euro players that are somehow connected to NBA.

Iverson would be for sure the best scorer on Olympiacos by far, but he would not be the best scorer in the Greek League and certainly not in the Euroleague not in this time.

Then again Olympiacos could also let him play as a one man show. Then maybe 25 a game average and the team would fail to make it out of the group stage.

ginobili's bald spot
08-04-2009, 06:48 PM
KBP give me your ranking of the top 10 point guards in the world.

Answer my question panocha.

Muser
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Why would American fans want to watch Euro ball when the most powerful league is in America? That's like a European like myself wanting to watch the MLS.

ginobili's bald spot
08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Why would American fans want to watch Euro ball when the most powerful league is in America? That's like a European like myself wanting to watch the MLS.

Real talk. I guess that means Iverson = Beckham :lol

samikeyp
08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Is Bourosis still the Spurs savior?

Just curious.

45 bank shot
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Is Bourosis still the Spurs savior?

Just curious.

I'm afraid so :lol:lol:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
God, I don't even feel like reading your pointless posts anymore.

let me ask you this, who were the top 5 scorers in Euroleague last season and what did they average?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Drew Nicholas led Euroleague in scoring with a mid level club. Ina big club like PAO he averaged 8 points.

Marc Salyers led Euroleage in scoring playing on a low level club. He can probably not even make the roster of even a mid level team.

Rakocevic has led Euroleague in scoring twice but on a team like PAO, CSKA and teams like that he would average 8-10.

You clearly have zero knowledge of anything related to the Euroleague so stop trying to pretend you do.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM

The MLS is ranked as the #90 soccer league in the world last time I look. Yes that is "exact same thing" as the Euroleague being ranked as #2 basketball league.

You obviously lack even the most basic of logic.

ginobili's bald spot
08-04-2009, 09:09 PM
The MLS is ranked as the #90 soccer league in the world last time I look. Yes that is "exact same thing" as the Euroleague being ranked as #2 basketball league.

Jew lies. What kind of greek uses the term soccer?

MavDynasty
08-04-2009, 09:23 PM
A.I is gone.

sabar
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM

And with that, KBP vanishes

Note that he posts here when its like 2-5 AM in Europe.

Muser
08-05-2009, 05:44 AM

They both suck ass, so yeah it is the same thing.

Texas_Ranger
08-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Yea he should go there...Next year he will cry cause greeks didn't pay him.

fo'shizzle
08-05-2009, 06:26 AM
LOL Spanoulis > AI

Dr. Gonzo
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
John Stamos approves this signing.

Allanon
08-05-2009, 09:44 AM
If it weren't for AI's refusal to come off the bench, he'd still be in the NBA, maybe even in Detroit.

But his ego is getting in the way. Such a shame going out like a chump after a pretty good career.

dave
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
jew lies. What kind of greek uses the term soccer?

lol

ambchang
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Olympiacos has 3 owners and each one is a billionaire. They don't care if they benefit they need no money. Besides they sold 14.500 season tickets last year just from adding Childress and he sucked.

I just went through Forbes 2007 list of billionaires, and there are none who claimed Greece as their residence.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires_CountryOfPrmRes_7.html

and only one with Greek citizenship.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires_CountryOfCitizen_7.html

I was a little surprised myself, because if I was a billionaire, I would consider living in Greece.

How you can have 3 billionaires is way beyond me.

Perhaps all three of them got to billionaire status in the last 2 years? or is this one of the American lies?

BTW, do you mean Billionaires as in US Currency, or in Euros? If you mean Euro billionaires, the list would be even shorter.

ulosturedge
08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Have fun playing in Europe. He did it to himself.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I just went through Forbes 2007 list of billionaires, and there are none who claimed Greece as their residence.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires_CountryOfPrmRes_7.html

and only one with Greek citizenship.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires_CountryOfCitizen_7.html

I was a little surprised myself, because if I was a billionaire, I would consider living in Greece.

How you can have 3 billionaires is way beyond me.

Perhaps all three of them got to billionaire status in the last 2 years? or is this one of the American lies?

BTW, do you mean Billionaires as in US Currency, or in Euros? If you mean Euro billionaires, the list would be even shorter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3644739

ATHENS, Greece

Panayiotis Angelopoulos, a billionaire who owns Olympiacos with his brother George, said he wants to make his team the best in the world outside the NBA, according to The New York Times.

"Next season I will open up a small office for free agents in New York, and I will take petitions," Angelopoulos said.

Childress stunned many NBA observers when he signed a guaranteed three-year deal worth $20 million after taxes with Olympiacos, rather than re-sign with the Hawks. Olympiacos is paying Childress' Greek taxes, the 10 percent agent's fee and his housing and expenses, increasing the team's cost to $30 million, according to the report.

Olympiacos, with a $70 million operating budget and the backing of the Angelopoulos brothers' billions, could be a serious player in the free-agent market. The family owns shipping and steel companies and Angelopoulos said he has done multimillion-dollar business deals, according to the report.

Now STFU you moron. How dumb can you be to not even know that Forbes list only counts people's US assets? IDIOT.

Darthkiller
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
lol. iverson will be by far the greatest player ever to step into greek league. josh childress is a scrub, why do you keep comparing iverson who was a mvp to a bench player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
lol. iverson will be by far the greatest player ever to step into greek league. josh childress is a scrub, why do you keep comparing iverson who was a mvp to a bench player.

Spanoulis > Iverson
Galis > Iverson
Bodiroga > Iverson
Wilkins > Iverson

They all played in the Greek League so clearly you are wrong.

ChumpDumper
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
But the Greek league sucks ass.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-05-2009, 06:06 PM
God, I don't feel like reading your question avoiding.

Name me 3 players in the Greek league who can come into the NBA and average 17 points per game in their 30s. Don't avoid the question by saying shit like AI was shooting a lot or NBA teams play no defense, because in all honesty, how many Euroleague players have come into the NBA and averaged 15 points per game their first season. Maybe Drazen Petrovich? I don't act like I know Euroleague because I just look at the stats, but no big time scorers in the Euroleague could come into the NBA right now and put up Iverson's numbers.

Galis
Wilkins
Bodiroga

sabar
08-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Galis
Wilkins
Bodiroga

Greek lies

:sleep

ambchang
08-05-2009, 08:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3644739

ATHENS, Greece

Panayiotis Angelopoulos, a billionaire who owns Olympiacos with his brother George, said he wants to make his team the best in the world outside the NBA, according to The New York Times.

"Next season I will open up a small office for free agents in New York, and I will take petitions," Angelopoulos said.

Childress stunned many NBA observers when he signed a guaranteed three-year deal worth $20 million after taxes with Olympiacos, rather than re-sign with the Hawks. Olympiacos is paying Childress' Greek taxes, the 10 percent agent's fee and his housing and expenses, increasing the team's cost to $30 million, according to the report.

Olympiacos, with a $70 million operating budget and the backing of the Angelopoulos brothers' billions, could be a serious player in the free-agent market. The family owns shipping and steel companies and Angelopoulos said he has done multimillion-dollar business deals, according to the report.

Now STFU you moron. How dumb can you be to not even know that Forbes list only counts people's US assets? IDIOT.

I mean, this is just lying through the nose. Forbes list them by converting the assets to US $ as of a certain date. It includes ALL assets ... well ... all legal assets. That guy may have been once a billionaire, but as of the time he signed Childress? He wasn't a billionaire in the traditional sense, maybe he was a billionaire when converted to the Drachma? I don't know.

And since I have reached puberty, I have learned that things around business, like net worth of billionaires, are MUCH more reliable under business magazines, like Forbes, than sports websites, like ESPN.

I mean, ESPN can't even get their basketball news right some times, what are the chances they got business stuff right?

Bob Lanier
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
To be fair, Forbes is to business what ESPN is to sports, viz., softcore porn rather than journalism.

But yes, fetishists sure do like their stats. Just ask anyone on this site who's asked what the name of a piece of masturbation material in someone's signature block is.

manufan10
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM

let us stop insults please.
and where the hell did your fake greek accent go?

KBP's hometown:
http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps4/frs224.png

rayray2k8
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
KBP's hometown:
http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps4/frs224.png

Well we pretty much know that pinky here is full of shit and that he's copy and paste links and a waste of sperm.
Did I just summarize all that there right, Jeff?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I mean, this is just lying through the nose. Forbes list them by converting the assets to US $ as of a certain date. It includes ALL assets ... well ... all legal assets. That guy may have been once a billionaire, but as of the time he signed Childress? He wasn't a billionaire in the traditional sense, maybe he was a billionaire when converted to the Drachma? I don't know.

And since I have reached puberty, I have learned that things around business, like net worth of billionaires, are MUCH more reliable under business magazines, like Forbes, than sports websites, like ESPN.

I mean, ESPN can't even get their basketball news right some times, what are the chances they got business stuff right?

You are a fucking LIAR. The Angelopoulos brothers are billionaires. Kokkalis is a billionaire. All 3 Olympiacos owners are billionaires. And you stupid idiot, the NEW YORK TIMES even said it.

lefty
08-05-2009, 11:40 PM
First.

No, wait....

wijayas
08-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Will AI actually get paid that money? Isn't Janero Pargo filing a complaint for non-payment of his salary?

FireDavidStern
08-06-2009, 05:53 AM
You are a fucking LIAR. The Angelopoulos brothers are billionaires. Kokkalis is a billionaire. All 3 Olympiacos owners are billionaires. And you stupid idiot, the NEW YORK TIMES even said it.

LOL. You might actually be greek if you think the New York Times is more accurate than Forbes in this matter. The NYT is shit.

ambchang
08-06-2009, 08:17 AM

You mean the NYT sport section, who likely got the same info from the same places ESPN got theirs?