PDA

View Full Version : King William Area

katyon6th
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I recently moved to the King William area and wanted to find out where all the cool people hang out. I know there's a lot of things to do and places to see but other than First Friday and the places right off S. Alamo (Blue Star, Madhatter's, Casbeers, etc.) I don't know what's what in the area. Any recommendations for the area or surrounding downtown neighborhoods?

jack sommerset
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I recently moved to the King William area and wanted to find out where all the cool people hang out. I know there's a lot of things to do and places to see but other than First Friday and the places right off S. Alamo (Blue Star, Madhatter's, Casbeers, etc.) I don't know what's what in the area. Any recommendations for the area or surrounding downtown neighborhoods?

Get back in your u-haul, drive about 250 miles north and you will find tons of cool people and fun stuff to do. Get out of there before it is to late.

CosmicCowboy
08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Madhatters is cool for sunday brunch. Guenther House at the Pioneer flower millls is also very nice.

CosmicCowboy
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
It's not walking distance but The Cove is a hot place to be...about 10 minutes away...

http://thecove.us/cove/index.php

Dr. Gonzo
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Drive down to the corner of Steves and Roosevelt and go to Terry's Friendly Spot. It really is friendly and you can buy a car stereo for cheap off of a homeless person.

katyon6th
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Ah, I tried going to the Guenther House with a girlfriend the other night but we got lost in the Pioneer Flower Mills parking lot. Not sure how that happened but we gave up after walking around in our heels for about 10 mins.

katyon6th
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
It's not walking distance but The Cove is a hot place to be...about 10 minutes away...

http://thecove.us/cove/index.php

Love the Cove. Especially the wine tasting on Thurday nights.

JudynTX
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
In case you didn't know, they recently opened up a Lazy Daze store on Navarro. For all your party needs.

CosmicCowboy
08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Ah, I tried going to the Guenther House with a girlfriend the other night but we got lost in the Pioneer Flower Mills parking lot. Not sure how that happened but we gave up after walking around in our heels for about 10 mins.

Gotta walk to the back of the parking lot right next to the river...once you go around the corner of the flower mill you can't miss it...