PDA

View Full Version : Check out these new shotgun rounds...

Clandestino
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_Projectile,,00.html?ESRC=soldi ertech.nl

cool demos on the site too..

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/2954/soldiertechprojectile10ql.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Useruser666
04-08-2005, 01:16 PM
That's great and all, but sometimes you want to shoot through a wall.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Shotguns rule...screw those high capacity handguns the bangers like...give me a 12 gauge pump/no plug and a box of #4 buckshot anytime...

Useruser666
04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Give me a auto 12 gauge with sluggers. CC what is #4 buck shot? #4 shot is for turkeys and the largest/most common buck shot is 000.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2005, 04:39 PM
thats #4 bird shot you are thinking of. Larger buckshot is not necessarily better because you can get fewer shot in the case because of the way they pack. #4 buckshot is the perfect compromise of throw weight and packing ability because of shot size and the diameter works well in the 12 gauge case size. As I remember depending on the manufacturer it is 27-34 22 caliber pellets. Fucking devastating. As a comparison, 00 buckshot is heavier shot but only has 9 pellets. #4 buckshot is the overwhelming #1 close quarters choice of swat teams and special ops guys.

AlamoSpursFan
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Just as long as I can still get my Remington 7 1/2 Heavy Dove load, I'm a happy camper.

Useruser666
04-09-2005, 12:19 PM
thats #4 bird shot you are thinking of. Larger buckshot is not necessarily better because you can get fewer shot in the case because of the way they pack. #4 buckshot is the perfect compromise of throw weight and packing ability because of shot size and the diameter works well in the 12 gauge case size. As I remember depending on the manufacturer it is 27-34 22 caliber pellets. Fucking devastating. As a comparison, 00 buckshot is heavier shot but only has 9 pellets. #4 buckshot is the overwhelming #1 close quarters choice of swat teams and special ops guys.

You could just you 0 buckshot in a magnum or supermag. I think it's like 16 pellets in a 2 3/4" and more in the larger shells. I believe I've seen somewhere that the 00 shot is like 12 .38 rounds! I still like the 1 or 1.1 ounce sluggers. I have seen the sluggers go through 1/4" thick stainless steel plate and 3/8" thick aluminum plate. They are also pretty accurate at range.

I was out dove hunting about two years ago near the end of the day. I was headed back to my truck when I saw a big white wing flying towards me. I didn't have any dove shot left, so I took a 000 buckshot round off the shell carrying sleeve of my gun. I loaded the shell took aim and fired. Sure enough, one of the buckshot went right through the center of that bird. The bird was at about 25 yards ~10 degrees from verticle. It didn't damage the meat too bad. I wouldn't do this too often though, the shells are too expensive to use for dove.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-09-2005, 07:30 PM
When I was a kid I had one of those pnuematic pump BB guns that could be pumped up to have so much pressure that a BB would go all the way through a can and lodge about a quarter inch in a piece of cedar fencing behind the can.

That was freaking awesome dude!!! I'd take that thing into battle any day of the week brothers! of course you'll have to allow me the opportunity to stand there and pump it up 12-15 times before firing on you. And then you'll have to allow me to shoot you about 700 times in order to get the job done.

Thanks. That's all I've got on this subject. I only keep one gun on me nowadays, and it doesn't fire buckshot I can tell you that.

04-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Bullshit on that. We used to carry (For CQB type stuff) a SPAS-12

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/Spas12.jpg

PAS-12 utilizes somewhat traditional for shotguns gas system with annular gas piston locating around the underbarrel magazine tube. It operates the bolt with vertically tilting locking lug that engages the barrel extension to lock. SPAS-12 can be switched between gas operated self-loading mode and manually operated pump mode by pressing and holding a button at the bottom of the forearm and pulling the forearm slightly forward for AUTOMATIC mode or backward for PUMP (or MANUAL) mode. Earlier models of the SPAS-12 had the lever type safety at the front of the triggerguard, but due to some deficiencies this was latter replaced by the push-button (cross-bolt) safety at the same place.*

and a load of 00 Buckshot.

"Less than lethal" means having to say you're sorry.

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2005, 04:07 PM
When I was a kid, my dad used to take some of his CPS co-workers dove hunting with us and one of the guys took his skeet shooting seriously and could limit out with 12 shots. The guy did NOT miss. As a joke, his son and I (actually he did it, I was just the lookout) replaced the first shell in his mag with a 00 buckshot load. There wasn't much left of the dove...

:lol

Sportcamper
04-11-2005, 12:24 PM
http://www.idegolibido.com/buttons/peace/let-it-begin-with-me.jpg
Violence begets violence

Today we pledge to make the world more peaceful...
We will use kind words instead of conflict...
We will reach out to others that need our hand...

Taco
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
MMMM.......Dove and Dumpling.......MMMM

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
When I was a kid, my dad used to take some of his CPS co-workers dove hunting with us and one of the guys took his skeet shooting seriously and could limit out with 12 shots. The guy did NOT miss. As a joke, his son and I (actually he did it, I was just the lookout) replaced the first shell in his mag with a 00 buckshot load. There wasn't much left of the dove...

:lol

I got on a hot streak a couple of years ago on opening day...went 12 of 14...with an over and under .410...

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I hit 2 at a time twice in a row this past season. My new favorite uncle just bought a ranch and I have to see if I can go there this year.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Question:

Has anyone ever played around with Dragon Fire rounds in a 12 gauge? Do they screw up your barrel? Do they do anything or are they a bunch of BS?