PDA

View Full Version : Remember Baby Jessica?

JudynTX
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
In 1987, the world was introduced to Jessica McClure as the 18-month-old baby trapped in a Midland, Texas, well pipe. For the next 58 hours, television viewers watched as rescue workers tried to free the infant from a dark and wet pipe, 22 feet underground.

While Jessica was trapped below ground, her right leg was pinned against the wall of the well and she began to lose circulation in her foot and toes. Once rescued, she went through 15 surgeries to remove the gangrene that had set in during her ordeal.

Over the years, Jessica has only granted one TV interview. When she turns 25 in 2011, she'll gain access to a trust fund made up of donations from around the world.

link (http://http://health.msn.com/health-topics/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100241018&imageindex=1)

On March 26, 2011, when Jessica turns 25, she stands to receive a trust fund of donations from well-wishers, rumored to be in excess of $1,000,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_McClure

Imposter
08-05-2009, 10:47 AM
McClure's rescue was credited mostly to paramedic Robert O'Donnell and police officer William Andrew Glasscock Jr., both of whom received tremendous media attention. In 1995, after eight years of having suffered posttraumatic stress disorder from the ordeal, O'Donnell committed suicide.[6] In 2004, Glasscock was sentenced to 15 years in prison on charges of sexual exploitation of a child, sexual assault, and improper storage of explosives.[7]

:wow

looks like the rescuers got pretty fucked up

spursfan09
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
McClure's rescue was credited mostly to paramedic Robert O'Donnell and police officer William Andrew Glasscock Jr., both of whom received tremendous media attention. In 1995, after eight years of having suffered posttraumatic stress disorder from the ordeal, O'Donnell committed suicide.[6] In 2004, Glasscock was sentenced to 15 years in prison on charges of sexual exploitation of a child, sexual assault, and improper storage of explosives.[7]

kind of wierd that happened despite the fact that she survived.

But I don't know anything about posttraumatic stress...

Viva Las Espuelas
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM

yeah that was kinda outta nowhere. how can you have ptsd after saving someone's life? oh well. the mind is a terrible thing to taste.

BacktoBasics
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
WTF I'll gladly give a few toes or a part of my foot for a little over a million dollars.

JudynTX
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Whoa.....:wow

mrsmaalox
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I think the rescuers probably lived out the same kind of drama that all those lottery winners do. Too much, too fast and very ill-equipped to handle it.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
at least she married a beaner.

jack sommerset
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM
WTF I'll gladly give a few toes or a part of my foot for a little over a million dollars.

not me

CosmicCowboy
08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
IMHO she was actually rescued by a friend of mine. He is a custom drilling contractor here in San Antonio that does specialty piers for buildings, highways, etc. When he heard about it he loaded up a rig and a crew and drove up there uninvited, came up with the rescue plan, sold it to the "authorities" and then did it. They would have never gotten her out alive if it hadn't been for him. He refused all publicity and interviews and that's why the paramedics were made the "heroes" of the rescue.

I. Hustle
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Is that guy boning dead kids or something? That seems to be the norm for people who helped rescue her

PM5K
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
from well-wishers

Lolz.....

Frenzy
08-05-2009, 12:14 PM
IMHO she was actually rescued by a friend of mine. He is a custom drilling contractor here in San Antonio that does specialty piers for buildings, highways, etc. When he heard about it he loaded up a rig and a crew and drove up there uninvited, came up with the rescue plan, sold it to the "authorities" and then did it. They would have never gotten her out alive if it hadn't been for him. He refused all publicity and interviews and that's why the paramedics were made the "heroes" of the rescue.

yea one of my friends did that last week too.

mrsmaalox
08-05-2009, 12:22 PM
at least she married a beaner.

Her luck just never runs out does it? :lol

BacktoBasics
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Her luck just never runs out does it? :lolYeah but I bet he could dig a kid out of a well faster than anyone else.

Chingo Bling
08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Her luck just never runs out does it? :lol

Yeah but I bet he could dig a kid out of a well faster than anyone else.

What's with the racisms? Maybe Yessica yust likes the chorizo. Hay muchas gueras que gustan el chorizo porque las vergas de los gabachos no tienen sabor. Verdad Maalox?

robino2001
08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Who else came in here expecting "Baby Jessica bares all in Playboy..." or something of the sort?

Wild Cobra
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
At least it's nothing like the state wanting to send a US citizen to live in Mexico:

Grandmother ends custody fight over Gabriel (http://www.katu.com/news/local/12450336.html)

There was quite a bit going on when this story started. Much more than you'll discover in a story or few. For one thing, the Grandmother wanted nothing to do with the child until she found out how much she would get paid by the state of Oregon. The fact she raised a criminal son, who was the father of the child, should have disqualified her over the couple who already has been caring for the child. Especially since the child was born here.

Fat Bones
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Who else came in here expecting "Baby Jessica bares all in Playboy..." or something of the sort?

2nded:wakeup

mrsmaalox
08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
What's with the racisms? Maybe Yessica yust likes the chorizo. Hay muchas gueras que gustan el chorizo porque las vergas de los gabachos no tienen sabor. Verdad Maalox?

Llevan solamente sabor a mi! :lmao :lmao

adgNcdcuoBE&feature=related

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-05-2009, 01:26 PM

I heard she decided to marry a mexican due to her fear of large shafts.