PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: Would Boozer fit in best with the Spurs?

CubanMustGo
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
This is a video - can't watch it at work, perhaps someone could summarize ?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/08/04/nba_20090804_boozer.nba

Just came out yesterday and did not see anything here discussing it.

benefactor
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
http://newsletter.nlb.gov.sg/back_feb_mar06/reviews/bookreviews/feb-mar/answerisno.jpg

honestfool84
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
basically it just says if salaries weren't a factor, that boozer would fit in well with the spurs at PF, and duncan at C, or vice versa.

then it goes on to say he shouldn't leave utah, but wait till he's a free agent next season and boost up his stock.

Muser
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Eww

buttsR4rebounding
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
All he said was the best fit was to stay with the Jazz, but that if he was going to another team that he thought the Spurs would be the best fit. That a Duncan/Boozer front court would be very effective. He did caveat by saying that he wasn't considering money or salary cap or anything like that. Pretty significant caveat, I'd say.

weebo
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Boozer is not much of a defender. Even with Tim playing center, I don't see how this guy could improve much defensively, as I see him more slow footed against the better offensive PF in the league.

Calavera
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I can`t see Pop playing a guy called boozer :)

ShoogarBear
08-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I can`t see Pop playing a guy called boozer :)

You blew the punch line.

Should have said "I can't see Holt paying a guy called Boozer".

Seventyniner
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
All he said was the best fit was to stay with the Jazz, but that if he was going to another team that he thought the Spurs would be the best fit. That a Duncan/Boozer front court would be very effective. He did caveat by saying that he wasn't considering money or salary cap or anything like that. Pretty significant caveat, I'd say.

Yes, that caveat is quite the understatement. The Spurs would either have to package about 6 players together to match Boozer's salary, or include McDyess (I'm not sure if that's even possible), as in McDyess + Bonner + Finley, lol. The Jazz would never, ever take that deal anyway, because unless Boozer becomes a huge locker room cancer, they can just let him walk and enjoy the savings instead of having to pay the last 1.5 years of McDyess's contract.

duhoh
08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
no. overrated PF.

we need reliable guys. this guy is injury prone

Agloco
08-05-2009, 05:16 PM
You blew the punch line.

Should have said "I can't see Holt paying a guy called Boozer".

Or "Only if Holt falls off the wagon does he pay a guy named Boozer".

venitian navigator
08-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes, that caveat is quite the understatement. The Spurs would either have to package about 6 players together to match Boozer's salary, or include McDyess (I'm not sure if that's even possible), as in McDyess + Bonner + Finley, lol. The Jazz would never, ever take that deal anyway, because unless Boozer becomes a huge locker room cancer, they can just let him walk and enjoy the savings instead of having to pay the last 1.5 years of McDyess's contract.

boozer for bonner, finley, mason, williams works...

Spurs da champs
08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I hate that dude he's freaking overrated.

Rogue
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Obviously Boozer is no longer an integral player for Jerry Sloan who has already chosen Paul Millsap as Boozer's successor. Probably Boozer will get waived at some point in the regular season for some financial reasons, then the Spurs can simply sign him with minimum level exception, just like how they signed Gooden last season.

Spursfan 87
08-06-2009, 01:01 AM
No!!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Dumb thesis. Boozer is a rich man's Gooden who operates in the same areas as Duncan and doesn't defend. He would be a fucking awful fit. How do these people call themselves basketball analysts??? :rolleyes

K-State Spur
08-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Boozer is not much of a defender.

Understatement. If not for Amare, he'd be the worst defensive big in the league.

Agloco
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Understatement. If not for Amare, he'd be the worst defensive big in the league.

Drew Gooden's gotta be right up there.....

jacobdrj
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Boozer is the anti-Spur.

K-State Spur
08-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Drew Gooden's gotta be right up there.....

Gooden's a lot better on the ball than Boozer. I think Boozer has a better basketball IQ, he's just so damn apathetic on that end.

Maybe my memory sucks, but I don't remember him being a gawd-awful defender when he first entered the league. It seems that his D went to hell once he decided to start scoring.

Dr Cox
08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
no thanks!

thank you come again

cox out