That blew.... just not my mind.

byrdman31
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
:lol

it was cool but not mind blowing.. kinda boring tho

Summers
08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
I thought it was cool, but I don't know what I'm looking at.

Fpoonsie
08-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I thought it was cool

A little bit of this...

but I don't know what I'm looking at.

A lil more o' that.

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
2TyEUwrlNOc

Yes, its the laser making sounds.
It's pretty cool, but there's nothing mind blowing about it.

The laser is not making sound.

A sound generator is simply attached to the mirror servo voltages.

As for the laser movement, there is a camera or other optical feedback attached to a PID controller controlling the mirror.

That would be fun to build. Maybe I will sometime.

SpursStalker
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

z0sa
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
"When I saw this at the 1904 world's fair I nearly crapped my pants!"

Slydragon
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
:td

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Fixed:
"When I saw this at the 1904 world's fair I nearly crapped my panties!"Like it or not, that laser this is cool. 1904... Ha.. ha...

manustarting2gd
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
"When I saw this at the 1904 world's fair I nearly sharted in my knickers!"

Fixed.

phyzik
08-06-2009, 11:02 PM
It's pretty cool, but there's nothing mind blowing about it.

The laser is not making sound.

A sound generator is simply attached to the mirror servo voltages.

As for the laser movement, there is a camera or other optical feedback attached to a PID controller controlling the mirror.

That would be fun to build. Maybe I will sometime.

+1

They have had a system doing this same exact thing at Southwest Research Institue for the past 5 years or more.

Its cool for those that havnt seen it but not that big of a deal.

First time I've seen it on youtube though, so that counts for something.

I always wish I could post some of the shit I see going on at SwRI but Im under contract and cant afford to lose my job. :depressed

Some of the shit they have going on would REALLY blow your minds! I work in the aeronautical (as in the Navy and NASA) and mechanical devision BTW. Just to give you an example of what I have access to, I knew EXACTLY what happened to the Columbia within 2 weeks of the accident. The info wasnt released until like what? 2 years after or something like that?

Wild Cobra
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
+1

They have had a system doing this same exact thing at Southwest Research Institue for the past 5 years or more.

Its cool for those that havnt seen it but not that big of a deal.

First time I've seen it on youtube though, so that counts for something.

I always wish I could post some of the shit I see going on at SwRI but Im under contract and cant afford to lose my job. :depressed

Some of the shit they have going on would REALLY blow your minds! I work in the aeronautical (as in the Navy and NASA) and mechanical devision BTW. Just to give you an example of what I have access to, I knew EXACTLY what happened to the Columbia within 2 weeks of the accident. The info wasnt released until like what? 2 years after or something like that?
In the 90's, I was an engineering technician involved in a project that used motion control of robotics. We modified the robots, so the whole PID loop had to be retuned. PID loops were also used to control the ramp of pneumatic pressures, balancing both sides of a 200 mm wafer. What we did was state of the art then and secret. Now it's old hat. Not necessarily in recent years, but starting with the prototype alpha unit, every Pentium chip made for several years was made on that platform, for the CMP process. Intel was the first client, and helped develop the machine. For the first few years, by contract, we couldn't sell the MP400 to anyone else.

I also had the privilege of doing the first CMP oxide process of 300 mm wafers in the world, in 1996. A group from Semtech brought them to our facility and I operated the machine. Before that, we had some bare 300 mm wafers that I was told cost the company $10,000 each, as the process for growing them that big was that new. The planarizer was renamed AvantGaard 676 after IPEC bought the company, and I left a year later. Good think, they closed the Portland facility where it was born and started building them in Tempe, AZ. I was also part of the next generation, the 776.

MP400/AvantGaard 676:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/MP400front.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/MP400back.jpg

AvantGaard 776:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/AvantGaard776.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/IMGP0417-25pct-crop.jpg