PDA

View Full Version : Going through some rough times here...

callo1
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, I have been a member of ST for quite a while now. I have never been a power poster, as I read much more than I post on the forums. I have undoubtedly had agreements and disagreements with many posters here.

I love mulling over all the Spurs moves and hypothetical moves...simply put, I am a huge Spurs fan.

I am a spiritial man, not necessarily one who finds his way into church every Sunday, but one who works hard to better himself each day and treat people with the respect they deserve.

I believe strongly in the power of prayer, and believe God listens to those prayers.

I am going through some health issues at the present time that are providing me with the greatest challenge I have ever faced in my life.

I ask that those of you who have faith to find the time to put me in your prayers, and those of you who do not necessarily share that faith to put me in your thoughts if you could.

God bless you all, Mike

manufan10
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
You got it dude! :tu

I'll be praying for you, my friend.

callo1
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks manufan10. I know this will all work out some way and I will be a better person from it. Life has a way of slapping you in the face sometimes and making you step back and re-prioritize things around you.

I get through this and the best is yet to come !!

Summers
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Hope everything comes out okay.

PakiDan
08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey callo... I firmly believe the people here played a centra; part on me progressing from my illness the way I did. I'm praying for you. Both Luvbones and I got crazy support from these folks and it's my turn to give back. Let me know if u ever need anything.

David Bowie
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Helath problems really suck and can interfere with life like nothing else. I truely hope you get better and overcome this challenge, as hard as it may seem. Good luck .

marini martini
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Hope everything works out. You'll def. be in my prayers!

PaulGreco
08-05-2009, 10:45 PM
CALLO1,

Hey pal, nothing but the best to you. Hopefully, with the grace of God, everything works out, and soon you'll be healthy.

A little something I hope will help :

“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”
James 5:15-16 NLT

Dear Lord,

You know our friend Callo1 so much better than we do. You know his sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, we ask you to be with our friend now, working in his life. Let your will be done in our friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help him to see his need and confess.

Lord, we pray for our friend because your Word says we should pray for his healing. We believe you hear this earnest prayer from our hearts and that it is powerful because of your promise. We have faith in you to heal our friend, but we also trust in the plan you have for his life. Lord, we don't always understand your ways, and why our friend has to suffer, but we trust you. We ask that you look with mercy and grace toward our friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence. Let our friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in his life and also in mine.

Amen --PG

duncan228
08-05-2009, 10:46 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you callo1. The SpursTalk family is powerful, hope it can bring a little strength to help you get through whatever you're facing. Stay strong.

ashbeeigh
08-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Absolutely. You're in my daily prayers.

SequSpur
08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Mike....

Be strong...have faith...

We got you bro!

-Kevin

manufan10
08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
CALLO1,

Hey pal, nothing but the best to you. Hopefully, with the grace of God, everything works out, and soon you'll be healthy.

A little something I hope will help :
“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”
James 5:15-16 NLT

Dear Lord,

You know our friend Callo1 so much better than we do. You know his sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, we ask you to be with our friend now, working in his life. Let your will be done in our friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help him to see his need and confess.

Lord, we pray for our friend because your Word says we should pray for his healing. We believe you hear this earnest prayer from our hearts and that it is powerful because of your promise. We have faith in you to heal our friend, but we also trust in the plan you have for his life. Lord, we don't always understand your ways, and why our friend has to suffer, but we trust you. We ask that you look with mercy and grace toward our friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence. Let our friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in his life and also in mine.

Amen
--PG

Amen!

tlongII
08-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll send positive thoughts your way. I believe you can benefit greatly by thinking positive.

whottt
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Good luck callo :tu

Spurminator
08-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Best wishes man, stay positive and keep us updated.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Sending good thoughts good luck.

Pistons < Spurs
08-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Stay strong and think positively Mike! Me and God may not be on speaking terms, but I'm wishing the best for you.

bostonguy
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Best of luck to the times of adversity that are ahead for you. Stay strong man.

jaffies
08-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Stay strong.
Best of luck to you, man.

pawe
08-06-2009, 01:47 AM
You got it brother! Ill say a prayer for whatever you're going through right now.

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 02:03 AM
I just said a prayer for you man

Stringer_Bell
08-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Hey callo1, back in January I had some difficult health problems and all my plans/goals were thrown out of the loop as dealt with it. I couldn't run or exercise, which was the very foundation of what I was trying to accomplish. So I had a chance to basically watch every Spurs game while I recovered and I found a lot of inspiration in the 2008-09 team.

Last month I finally started getting myself together and now I'm doing better than I imagined at the start of the year. The body is not perfect, but we must find triumph in the small victories toward progress. I don't pray through thoughts much, but I pray through actions and when I'm running tomorrow morning I'll have you in mind. Get well, and remember that there can be no courage where there is not also fear. Be courageous.

spursfan09
08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Stay strong, I will be thinking of you.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Best wishes to you.

callo1
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks a million guys!!

ST is the best.

I will harbor those positive thoughts and prayers and use them to carry me through. I am blessed, my 2 and a half year old daughter is a huge Spurs fan, and I can't wait to watch games this upcoming season with her.

PakiDan
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Someone needs to contact the media and let them know that people are coming to Spurstalk and getting healed.

LuvBones
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
^ I know that! Everyone who prayed for me through my sickness I can't thank enough!! It truly helped.

Callo1, I will definitely be saying prayers for you.. your name is Mike? :) I wish for the best for you.. and if you ever need someone to talk to, send me a PM.

tsb2000
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Amen, brother. The Holy Spirit is strong, and doesn't need an IP address to know where to go. Feel better soon.

BUMP
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
The mercy of God is more powerful than anything in this world.

I am in a similar situation as you. I do not always go to church but I try to grow spiritually with God everyday and everytime I face troubled times (whether it be legal crap or addiction) I have submitted my life to God knowing that I am not in control of the situation and he has come through for me everytime.

I will be praying for you, your family, and for the doctors to inherit the wisdom and knowledge to help you out.

God loves you and he will provide the best outcome for your situation! :tu

Cry Havoc
08-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Callo1, we have your back. We'll call in a favor from the Big Guy for you to watch over and protect you.

Take stock and be thankful for what you have (I'm sure you've done that). :)

I haven't seen you post much, but I love it when ST comes together like this. :tu

All the best! Praying for you.

Rogue
08-07-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm also a strong believer of spirit, which I believe can defeat anything unwanted no matter how difficult it seems like, the spirit always paves a way to getting through it. Best praying for the OP.

angel_luv
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I just saw this thread, Mike, and wanted to let you know that I said a prayer for you.

Blessings! :)