PDA

View Full Version : Off-Season Conditioning/Training

raspsa
08-06-2009, 01:01 AM
How closely does the team monitor and/or supervise off-season training for the different players. We can assume Tim, Tony and manu are getting special attention but what about the rest of the guys? It would be nice if everyone reports to training camp healthy and in decent condition.. last thing we need is overweight, out-of-shape players who struggle thru camp or suffer early season injuries. Do individual players get special sessions with Chip or with defensive coaches to help remedy specific weaknesses in their games or does that get addressed in training camp?

tlongII
08-06-2009, 01:11 AM
I guarantee that Popovich will come in out of shape.

angelbelow
08-06-2009, 02:20 AM
How closely does the team monitor and/or supervise off-season training for the different players. We can assume Tim, Tony and manu are getting special attention but what about the rest of the guys? It would be nice if everyone reports to training camp healthy and in decent condition.. last thing we need is overweight, out-of-shape players who struggle thru camp or suffer early season injuries. Do individual players get special sessions with Chip or with defensive coaches to help remedy specific weaknesses in their games or does that get addressed in training camp?

I think its mainly up to the individual. In fact, I read that the spurs actually held duncan BACK from his usual workout regime. For the most part, I think they just expect everyone to be professionals.