PDA

View Full Version : The Mobfather

DarrinS
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Oops!

Think Progress, MSNBC 'Manufacture' a Story With Putative Smoking Gun 'Mob' Memo (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/08/think_progress_msnbc_manufactu.asp)

When the "manufactured" outrage the Left is trying to demonize lines up so inconveniently with public polling, it's sometimes necessary to create evidence for the "manufactured" storyline.

Enter Think Progress, which unearthed this shocking, secret memo from the leader of a small grassroots conservative organization in Connecticut, which allegedly instructs members on "infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress."

Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

"We're just trying to shake this state up and make a difference up here," MacGuffie told me during a telephone interview. He's surprised at his elevation to national rabble-rouser by the Left.

Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers. MacGuffie describes himself as an "opponent of leftist thinking in America," and told me he's "never pulled a lever" for a Republican or Democrat on a federal level. Yet this Connecticut libertarian's influence over a national, orchestrated Republican health-care push-back is strong, indeed, if you listen to liberal pundits and the Democratic National Committee, who have crafted a nefarious web out of refutable evidence.

Think Progress highlighted his memo's directives to "‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’," calling it a "right-wing harassment strategy against Dems." The blog falsely connected MacGuffie to the national conservative group FreedomWorks through the most tenuous of threads. The Think Progress link that purports to establish MacGuffie as a FreedomWorks "volunteer" leads to his one blog posting on a Tea Party website (on the free social networking site, ning.com). Think Progress calls Tea Party Patriots a "FreedomWorks website."

The problem is it's not a FreedomWorks site, according to FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon. FreedomWorks is a "coalition partner" of TeaPartyPatriots.org, but does not fund the site in any way.

"There is no formal structural connection," Brandon told me. "Never has been. Never will be. We're just fellow travelers in the movement."

When I asked MacGuffie if he was a volunteer for FreedomWorks outside the specious evidence Think Progress cited, he said, "Absolutely not. You can Google all day; you won't find it. There is no formal connection. I don't know anyone from FreedomWorks."

He joined the Tea Party Patriots community site when it was mentioned to him by several local Tea Party activists (whom he admits knowing . . . smoking gun!), and "blogged there, very little." So MacGuffie, a local activist in Connecticut who never volunteered for FreedomWorks wrote a memo and also wrote a blog post on a site not paid for or hosted by FreedomWorks. There's your national conspiracy, folks.

The block quote Think Progress provides from MacGuffie's memo (dutifully reproduced on other liberal blogs) also implies there are sentiments in the memo that simply aren't there. Each of TP's examples of the "harassment" MacGuffie is inciting is preceded by a headline MacGuffie didn't write, which lends a considerably more sinister tone than MacGuffie used. The bolded headlines below do not appear in the memo, but do appear in Think Progress' block quote of it:

– Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: “Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up...

– Be Disruptive Early And Often: “You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”

– Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate: “The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down...

The attempt to paint him as a professional, funded operative is off-base, MacGuffie said, laughing.

"I guess they don't believe that people in America will stand up and fight back when government gets overbearing," said MacGuffie, who added that he originally e-mailed the memo to 8-10 Connecticut activists in June.

As is often the case, MSNBC anchors and the DNC alike have taken Think Progress' inaccurate sleuthing at face-value, elevating the humble Right Principles to heretofore unknown levels of national importance.

The Rachel Maddow Show repeated Think Progress' reporting on MacGuffie's connections, showing the memo, and declaring its author "affiliated with an organization called FreedomWorks."

The DNC has now made the memo the centerpiece of its "Mob" ad out today, from which I grabbed this screen shot, at the :40 mark:

PtTBkxvBq88

The voice over for this image says behavior at health-care town halls is "straight from the playbook of high-level Republican political operatives."

Or, the memo of Bob MacGuffie of Fairfield, Conn., who once wrote a blog post on Tea Party Patriots, a site that is not funded or hosted by FreedomWorks. It's all the same if you're looking to discredit an entire movement of real voters, I suppose.

The memo also includes these phrases, which are left out of the reporting and demagoguery:

"Do not bring the signs into the hall if you want any chance to be picked for a question."

"Don't carry on and make a scene, just short, intermittent shout-outs," which may sound familiar because the shout-out part was quoted without context by Think Progress.

It also offers such guerrilla tactics as, "When the formal Q&A begins, get your hands up and keep them up— be persistent throughout the entire session. Keep body language neutral and look positive to improve chances of being selected." It instructs participants to be ready with follow-up questions and insist that representatives answer questions instead of launching into talking points.

The memo outlined strategies MacGuffie had used during a town hall meeting with his Rep. Jim Himes in May of this year. While organizing that event and writing the memo, he emphasized that critics should not get out of hand, he said.

His objective was to "make sure we didn't get kicked around, asked good, thought-out questions, and had follow-ups ready," he said. "We took him off his script, but we did not shout him down."

The tactics in the memo produced this horrifying civic spectacle. This is what the liberal blogs, Rachel Maddow, and the DNC are intent on preventing. I dare you to find even one errant word or rude action in Bob MacGuffie's "orchestrated, hateful" action. After all, he is the father of our movement:

X97sPeQcZAk

DarrinS
08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Link to Nbadan's lame post of Maddow's exposé. LMFAO

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132651

Viva Las Espuelas
08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
woopsie.

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Oops!

Think Progress, MSNBC 'Manufacture' a Story With Putative Smoking Gun 'Mob' Memo (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/08/think_progress_msnbc_manufactu.asp)
Remember my post #55 in that other thread:
Dan, maybe you should have looked up that first Town Hall meeting before you posted propaganda.

I have looked and looked. Besides Rachel Maddow saying that Right Principle is behind it, I couldn't even find a reference to such a group in the search engines. I wondered if she made it all that up, and the memos... OMG... More fake memos I bet...

Anyway, once I found the site Right Principles, I was number 3850 on the page visit counter. Real popular site I see. The Madcow gives him far too much credit.

Anyone actually see the memo... Could someone get that MadCow to link it.When will the leftist pundits stop lying to us?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
.......i can here the board libs and obamacatchers feverishly stroking their google.

must......
........find

must...........
.......return.....glory

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 12:41 PM
.......i can here the board libs and obamacatchers feverishly stroking their google.

must......
........find

must...........
.......return.....glory

LOL... They must be going crazy.

I thought it was faked from the beginning. You see, I'm on the various mailing lists, and I didn't see anything like that. My first posting in the thread was post #2:
Funny. I get allot of things E-Mailed to me since going to a Tea Party and giving my email address to them. Not that. The closest thing I have seen was on the Rodger Hedgecock program (http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/). That's where I got the extracts of what's on HB3200. He posted it to arm listeners with questions to ask their congressmen at town halls, to be able to quote page and line of the bill. Most these people don't even know what they are voting on.
Pg 22 of the HC Bill MANDATES the Govt will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC bill - THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get

Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill - YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Pg 42 of HC Bill - The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill - HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Pg 58HC Bill - Govt will have real-time access 2 individs finances & a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Govt will have direct access to you banks accountsts for electronic funds transfer

PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions & community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Govt is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Govt control.

PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill - Govt mandates ALL benefit packages for private health care plans in the Exchange

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Govt will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill - Govt mandates linguistic appropropriate services. Example - Translationfor illegal aliens

Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Govt will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Govt HC plan

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specs of Benefit Levels for Plans. #AARP members - your Health care WILL be rationed

PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill - Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice

pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue GOVT on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Govt Monopoly

pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill - Doctors/ #AMA - The Govt will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST automatiocally enroll employees into pubic option plan. NO CHOICE

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for health care for part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll of 400k & above who does not provide public option. pays 8% tax on all payroll

pg 150 Lines 9-13 Business payroll between 251k & 400k who doesn't provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll

Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn't have acceptable health care according to Govt will be taxed 2.5% of inc
ome

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NON-RESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay for their health care)

Pg 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of health care Administration (GOVT) will have access to ALL Americans financial/personal records

PG 203 Line 14-15 HC - "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax" Yes, it says that

Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Govt will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected

Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill - Doctors, doesn't matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same

PG 253 Line 10-18 Govt sets value of Dr's time, professional judgment, etc. Literally value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131 Govt mandates & controls productivity for private health care industries

PG 268 Sec 1141 Fed Govt regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS - Cancer patients - welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151 The Govt will penalize hospitals for what Govt deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 298 Lines 9-11 Drs, treat a patient during initial admission that results in a re-admission- Govt will penalize you.

Pg 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership/investmen t. Govt tells Drs. what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion- Govt is mandating hospitals cannot expand

pg 321 2-13 Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can u say ACORN?!!

Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 - Govt mandates establishment of outcome based measures. Health care the way they want. Rationing

Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Govt has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv. Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing people into Govt plan

Pg 354 Sec 1177 - Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of special needs people!

Pg 379 Sec 1191 Govt creates more bureaucracy - Telehealth Advisory Committee. Can you say health care by phone?

PG 425 Lines 4-12 Govt mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Govt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Govt provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death

PG 427 Lines 15-24 Govt mandates program for orders for end of life. The Govt has a say in how your life ends

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An "adv. care planning consult" will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates

PG 429 Lines 10-12 "adv. care consultation" may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV

Pg 429 Lines 13-25 - The govt will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Govt will decide what level of treatment u will have at end of life

Pg 469 - Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit orgs. Hello, ACORN Medical Svcs here!!?

Page 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment to a community-based org. Like ACORN?

PG 489 Sec 1308 The Govt will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Govt into your marriage

Pg 494-498 Govt will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services

Viva Las Espuelas
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
CQFEY9RIRJA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

clambake
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
lets hear it, dan. can you defend your thread?

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
lets hear it, dan. can you defend your thread?
He's the master of just dropping shit. Of course he can't.

clambake
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
He's the master of just dropping shit. Of course he can't.

you're no slouch yourself.

DarrinS
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

Hmmm. $1,777 disbursed. He's obviously the mastermind.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Hmmm. $1,777 disbursed. He's obviously the mastermind.

http://dogsounds.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/oh_noes_.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Remember my post #55 in that other thread:When will the leftist pundits stop lying to us?

are you concerned with lying pundits in general? or just left wing pundits?

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Both. However, in my opinion, the left has to lie. I don't see lies coming from the right very often.

Have any examples?

How many time has Paling been lied about?

how many times has Bush been lied about?

How many times has Obama been lied about?

Kerry?

Gore?

Thing it's way too easy to critisise the democrats without lying!

How many times have I defended the lies against Bush or Palin, and then, I'm convicted here, of being a mouthpiece when I'm just defending the truth? If you remember, I have plenty of criticism against our former president. I just don't stand for the lies about him.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Both. However, in my opinion, the left has to lie. I don't see lies coming from the right very often.

Have any examples?

How many time has Paling been lied about?

how many times has Bush been lied about?

How many times has Obama been lied about?

Kerry?

Gore?

Thing it's way too easy to critisise the democrats without lying!

How many times have I defended the lies against Bush or Palin, and then, I'm convicted here, of being a mouthpiece when I'm just defending the truth? If you remember, I have plenty of criticism against our former president. I just don't stand for the lies about him.

your joking right? about the left having to lie?

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't see lies coming from the right very often.:rollin:rollin:rollin

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
During the March 26 edition of Fox News' Hannity, host Sean Hannity claimed that President Obama "wants to lay down $634 billion for nationalized health care. Well, we've had nationalized health care in Great Britain, and we've had it in France, and we've had it -- single-payer in Canada." Interviewing European Parliament member Daniel Hannan, Hannity later asserted, "So your advice to America is stay away from nationalized health care." In fact, during an online town hall discussion earlier that day, Obama explicitly rejected scrapping the U.S. health-care system in favor of the British or Canadian model.

During the online event, a participant asked: "Why can we not have a universal health care system, like many European countries, where people are treated based on needs, rather than financial resources?" Obama replied in part: "A lot of people think that in order to get universal health care, it means that you have to have what's called a single-payer system of some sort. And so, Canada is the classic example: Basically, everybody pays a lot of taxes into the health-care system, but if you're a Canadian, you're automatically covered. And so you go in -- you know, England has a similar -- a variation on this same type of system. You go in and you just say, 'I'm sick,' and somebody treats you, and that's it." He later added:

OBAMA: [W]hat evolved in America was an employer-based system. It may not be the best system if we were designing it from scratch, but that's what everybody is accustomed to. That's what everybody is used to. It works for a lot of Americans, and so, I don't think the best way to fix our health-care system is to suddenly completely scrap what everybody is accustomed to and the vast majority of people already have. Rather, what I think we should do is to build on the system that we have and fill some of these gaps.

lie

Viva Las Espuelas
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
lie

YSDAXGXGiEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSDAXGXGiEw

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
YSDAXGXGiEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSDAXGXGiEw

Clinton lied..so what?

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:05 PM

*Goal Post Move*

DarrinS
08-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Iraq

Iraq has nothing to do with this thread, but just thought I'd post it before resident libtards did.

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Iraq

Iraq has nothing to do with this thread, but just thought I'd post it before resident libtards did.

Haliburton!

BUSHHITLERCHIMPNAZI

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Iraq

Iraq has nothing to do with this thread, but just thought I'd post it before resident libtards did.Neither did Clinton, but that didn't stop another tard from posting a vid of him.

George Gervin's Afro
*Goal Post Move*

are you for or against pundits lying? simple yes or no question. I don't blame for you for not wanting to answer so I'll accept your non response as an acknowledgement that your a hypocrite.

Viva Las Espuelas
Neither did Clinton, but that didn't stop another tard from posting a vid of him.
and i thought steel was pretty dense.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Haliburton!

BUSHHITLERCHIMPNAZI

Your right misleading us to war fails in comparsion to lying about health care reform.. your an idiot.:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 03:11 PM
and i thought steel was pretty dense.We all realize your lame attempt to change the subject.

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
are you for or against pundits lying? simple yes or no question. I don't blame for you for not wanting to answer so I'll accept your non response as an acknowledgement that your a hypocrite.

Strawman much?

SonOfAGun
08-06-2009, 03:13 PM
If you clowns would actually go to these things and have a regular conversation with these people, you would easily understand they are just regular people.

This is so simple, it is amusing. :lmao

Goons like Maddow, Boxer, Pelosi...their game is so obvious! Quit playing along.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Strawman much?

are you for or against pundits lying?

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
are you for or against pundits lying?

Hmmmm. I'd have to fall into the camp that detests lying, period.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
If you clowns would actually go to these things and have a regular conversation with these people, you would easily understand they are just regular people.

This is so simple it is amusing. :lmao

On Fox news two days ago:

When asked if they (the people at the townhall) were organized?

" We just want people to know that the mainstream media is trying to spin this..." the first words out of their mouth... I know these aren't talk radio nuts ..no, no way..

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Your right misleading us to war fails in comparsion to lying about health care reform.. your an idiot.:rolleyes

Since you know absolutely nothing about me whatsoever, I'll take that little bon-mot for what it's worth. Zip.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Hmmmm. I'd have to fall into the camp that detests lying, period.

Me too. See you have to understand most of the righties on this borad still can't answer that question because it would expopse thier hypocrisy. I am not for misleading or outright lying to anyone....

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Since you know absolutely nothing about me whatsoever, I'll take that little bon-mot for what it's worth. Zip.

I don't pretend to know anything about you. I just asked a simple question.

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm not a righty nor a lefty, whatever the hell those are today.

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't pretend to know anything about you. I just asked a simple question.

Apparently you felt like you knew enough to call me an idiot.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Apparently you felt like you knew enough to call me an idiot.

You are correct. I aplogoze for calling you an idiot. I guess since I have to deal with the idiots on the right so much I am quick to the draw..

TeyshaBlue
08-06-2009, 03:32 PM
You are correct. I aplogoze for calling you an idiot. I guess since I have to deal with the idiots on the right so much I am quick to the draw..

Well, the day is young. You might still be right.

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 03:34 PM
your joking right? about the left having to lie?
Not at all. I'm serious. Not my fault if you believe their lies.

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Not at all. I'm serious. Not my fault if you believe their lies.

like what lie?

Oh and before your answer clarify what you mean by 'the left'. That way we can compare 'the left' to 'the right'.

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM
like what lie?OK, you got me there. Maybe you don't believe their lies, but are unethical yourself and approve of their methods.

Oh and before your answer clarify what you mean by 'the left'. That way we can compare 'the left' to 'the right'.
You got me there too. All I know is you champion the left and diminish the right.

Sorry for drawing such obvious conclusions since there must be about a 1% chance I could be wrong.