PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis suspended..

HarlemHeat37
08-06-2009, 02:43 PM
10 games..tests positive for 'roids substances..

Texas_Ranger
08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Show us some link, or are you a Greek liar?

Muser
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
?

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
My confidential source:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2009/08/magics-rashard-lewis-tests-positive-for-steroid-suspended-for-first-10-games-of-next-season-.html

dougp
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-rashard-lewis-tests-positive-steroids,0,1959796.story

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
i noticed he was ALOT bigger this year. they probably put him on them so he could play pf

sribb43
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Great...more steroid talk on ESPN and radio..just what i wanted

djohn2oo8
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Dwight is scared right now

dirk4mvp
08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
The steroid era in basketball is upon us.

duncan228
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow.

The article says one source thinks it's an 'honest mistake'. I hope it was.

Findog
08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
wow.

+ 1,000,000

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Wow.

Did you notice how much bigger and how ripped he was this year? That's no mistake, especially when his team was asking him to defend power forwards.

all_heart
08-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Roids in the NBA.. just freakin great!! Do NBA players really need roids to be better? I don't think so.

Findog
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't tell a difference. If anything, he looks more ripped as a Sonic:

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/shardft.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2009-06/47375204.jpg

Bob Lanier
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Who cares?

all_heart
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
By bad.. It was from a supplement, dhea, thought he was takin the real deal.. no big deal. That alone won't rip or pump you up.

Soul
08-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Common Side Effects of Taking DHEA
For men, these hormonal changes may include breast enlargement, breast tenderness, and testicular atrophy. There have also been reports on reduced sperm count and infertility. Both men and women may suffer hormone-related headaches and acne.

RASHARD NEEDED BIGGER TITS

iggypop123
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
he just went to GMC and dropped the ball

23LeBronJames23
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
is he trying to look like Dwight?

dirk4mvp
08-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Common Side Effects of Taking DHEA
For men, these hormonal changes may include breast enlargement, breast tenderness, and testicular atrophy. There have also been reports on reduced sperm count and infertility. Both men and women may suffer hormone-related headaches and acne.

RASHARD NEEDED BIGGER TITS

I lol'd

duncan228
08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
The national report.

Magic’s Lewis fails drug test, suspended 10 games (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txmagiclewissuspended&prov=st&type=lgns)

Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis has tested positive for an elevated testosterone level and is suspended for the first 10 games of the season.

Lewis says in a statement that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the NBA.

The Orlando Sentinel first reported the positive test Thursday.

Lewis will be suspended without pay for the first 10 regular-season games for which he is eligible and physically able to play.

He apologized to fans and teammates “for not doing the research that should come with good judgment.”

The 29-year-old Lewis averaged 19.0 points in the playoffs to help lead the Magic to the NBA finals.

dave
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
he took the hit for dwight

robbie380
08-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Lewis says in a statement that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the NBA.

lol these dickwads always say that. yes rashard...steroids are banned:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought the first offense for performance enhancing drugs was more games than that for the suspension. But I looked it up and it's 10 games plus he has to enter their drug program (which will probably cut into his weed smoking). He better clean it up... second offense 25 games and third is a year.

ginobili's bald spot
08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Did you notice how much bigger and how ripped he was this year? That's no mistake, especially when his team was asking him to defend power forwards.

:lol DHEA doesn't even make you bigger. That's not what it's used for. Just stop.

lefty
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow.

Could be.

All it takes is hanging out with a baseball player

ShoogarBear
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
The steroid era in basketball is upon us.

That's all we need: Rasheed and Artest in roid rage.

Kamnik
08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Fucking stupid. And 10 game is not enough if you ask me... Some things should be extremly strict. Like hard drugs (heroin, cocain), steroids etc. There is NO excuse for that.

redzero
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Now Magic fans can make excuses if they lose.

IronMexican
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
he took the hit for dwight

It's possible to get that big if you jack off with both hands.

Kori Ellis
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Fucking stupid. And 10 game is not enough if you ask me... Some things should be extremly strict. Like hard drugs (heroin, cocain), steroids etc. There is NO excuse for that.

Hard drugs are qualified differently than steroids/performance enhancing drugs. If you test positive for coke/heroine, etc (the league calls them "Drugs of Abuse") you get kicked out the league for at least a year.

lefty
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
It's possible to get that big if you jack off with both hands.

That's BS

A.C Green isn't that big

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
http://photos.cleveland.com/photos/plain-dealer/fa3125cbf8d772aad4dd870a72a1b4c8.jpg

http://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/4579/wm/pd600775.jpg

Bigger Legs..calfs..thicker chest..rounder shoulders..bigger arms fore arms..

He has gone from a Kevin Durant type build to to something all together different...

http://www.nba4all.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kevin-durant.jpg

thanks for taking the time to find picture proof of what I've been trying to tell them. Towards the end of the season he stArted looking bigger. In that pic he looks comparable with lebron.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
All you people that think steroids have spread to basketball.....get a lobotomy. Steroids would completely kill your finesse, and finesse is a lot more important than brute strength in basketball.

redzero
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Since we're on the topic of Rashard Lewis, does anybody else think he has a weird shooting form?

IronMexican
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Since we're on the topic of Rashard Lewis, does anybody else think he has a weird shooting form?

It reminds me of Craig Counsell's batting stance for some reason.

resistanze
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
It reminds me of Craig Counsell's batting stance for some reason.

:lol His batting stance is so absurd.

ElNono
08-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Funny how they are always 'duped' and 'unknowingly' take that shit...

DAF86
08-06-2009, 10:10 PM
10 games..tests positive for 'roids substances..

10 games??? That's a fucking joke, he should be suspended for at least a whole season. If that's the sentence and I were a NBA coach I would tell my players to do steroids. 10 games is a small price to pay for a phisycal adavantage of a life-time.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-06-2009, 11:15 PM
To say crap like "it will kill you're finesse" shows how little you know about it. Ok if it kills your finesse..then why would sprinters use it?

I said finesse, not fitness, do you even know what finesse means you stupid fuck?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Lewis came into the League weighing 205 at six ten six nine..8 years later he was 210 in two years he is now 20pd heavier...

:wow

He put on 20 pounds in two years, it couldn't possibly be a weight program the Orlando training staff put him on that happened to work for him, it musta been steroids!!!

PS - can you show proof of this weight timeline you just wrote about.

DAF86
08-06-2009, 11:36 PM
:wow

He put on 20 pounds in two years, it couldn't possibly be a weight program the Orlando training staff put him on that happened to work for him, it musta been steroids!!!

PS - can you show proof of this weight timeline you just wrote about.

Since we are all arguing on a "Rashard Lewis suspended for steroid use" thread I'm going to go with the "it musta been the steroids!!!" thought.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Since we are all arguing on a "Rashard Lewis suspended for steroid use" thread I'm going to go with the "it musta been the steroids!!!" thought.

If you can show me where it said he tested positive for "steroids" please post the link.

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Dude looked seriously big at the end of last season. He used to be a skinny guy. In the picture he's the same size as Lebron. That's all I'm saying. It's definitely possible to get bigger without steroids. Someone else pointed out that this particular steroid doesn't make you any bigger. But he obviously got busted for having a certain type of steroid in his system. This is undeniable.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Hello... They DREW BLOOD and he GOT POPPED.... Thats a fucking FACT..not an opinion..not a speculation...a FACT...

Why arguing... Are you saying he has not been suspended?

No I'm, saying the notion steroids have now reached and contaminated basketball is retarded. Also:

Lewis did not think he was taking anything illegal, so he sat down with the Magic staff and they isolated an over-the-counter supplement he was taking that contained DHEA, banned by The National Basketball Players Association. It is frequently used to combat fatigue. Lewis had not told Magic officials he was taking it. He was randomly tested again during the finals, but the DHEA was still in his system, MacMullan reported.

Explain how that^ would be used to help him build muscle. I'm still waiting for you to show me a source that said he tested positive for "steroids".

DAF86
If you can show me where it said he tested positive for "steroids" please post the link.

So Goran Dragic is DOK's troll.

Goran Dragic
Dude looked seriously big at the end of last season. He used to be a skinny guy. In the picture he's the same size as Lebron. That's all I'm saying. It's definitely possible to get bigger without steroids. Someone else pointed out that this particular steroid doesn't make you any bigger. But he obviously got busted for having a certain type of steroid in his system. This is undeniable.

:lmao

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:43 PM
So Goran Dragic is DOK's troll.

God dam you're dumb if you didn't already know that.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Btw douche bag Why didn't you post the link that said he tested positive for steroids, seeing that you said he did you should probably be able to back that claim up.

Greg Oden
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm also dok's troll.

DAF86
08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
God dam you're dumb if you didn't already know that.

lol I never really cared, in fact I think this is the first time I saw or pay attention to a Goran Dragic's post.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I'd love to know when taking an over the counter substance not knowing it contained a banned substance turned into deliberately taking steroids in order to add muscle.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Still waiting for the link saying he was taking steroids....

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I'd love to know when taking an over the counter substance not knowing it contained a banned substance turned into deliberately taking steroids in order to add muscle.

I don't think anyone is saying that. At first glance I thought it was possible because he got much bigger. I see that it's not the case. But the Rashard Lewis that played in these NBA finals was about 30 pounds thicker than the Rashard Lewis that came into this league as a Sonic. Dude seriously bulked up, Do you not agree?

DAF86
08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Btw douche bag Why didn't you post the link that said he tested positive for steroids, seeing that you said he did you should probably be able to back that claim up.

I didn't look for it, and if you tell me that there isn't one then I'm not going to waste my time. I'll just wait 'till he gets suspended for steroid abuse.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:51 PM
"Rashard Lewis suspended for steroid use"

still waiting....

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll just wait 'till he gets suspended for steroid abuse.

I don't know how the fucked up government in your 3rd world country works, but in America it's innocent until proven guilty.

peskypesky
08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Roids in the NBA.. just freakin great!! Do NBA players really need roids to be better? I don't think so.

ask Lebron

peskypesky
08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't know how the fucked up government in your 3rd world country works, but in America it's innocent until proven guilty.

tell that to all the innocent people rotting in our prisons.

DAF86
08-06-2009, 11:55 PM
still waiting....

Dude WTF is your problem? I'm just arguing about what everybody else is arguing about here.

"10 games..tests positive for 'roids substances.."

That's what the OP said I thought this was already a done deal I didn't even care to click the link.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that. At first glance I thought it was possible because he got much bigger. I see that it's not the case. But the Rashard Lewis that played in these NBA finals was about 30 pounds thicker than the Rashard Lewis that came into this league as a Sonic. Dude seriously bulked up, Do you not agree?

I honestly didn't notice anything, and it's easy to trick yourself into thinking that once you hear a story about this. Maybe he was thicker, but he's still a finesse player. If his power post game all the sudden got better, I'd be a little suspicious, but last I checked a soft, silky jumper is still the #1 asset to his game, something that would get fucked up with a sudden muscle gain.

Goran Dragic
08-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Dude WTF is your problem? I'm just arguing about what everybody else is arguing about here.

"10 games..tests positive for 'roids substances.."

That's what the OP said I thought this was already a done deal I didn't even care to click the link.

Then don't accuse someone of steroids based on a title the OP created to draw attention to his thread.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:04 AM
^My problem with it is black basketball players are held to completely different standards than white baseball players. That's my main cause of anger.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/9toilc.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/z1xrk.jpg

So you're saying he was able to find such a powerful steroid via an over the counter drug?

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Major League Baseball, however, does not prohibit the use of DHEA by its players

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yeah must be a really powerful drug.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Dude give it up you don't know what steroids are.. educate yourself ... then form an opinion...

This is coming from the person who doesn't know what the word "finesse" means.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Dude give it up you don't know what steroids are.. educate yourself ... then form an opinion...

Your thinking Dianabol.. or some horse pills.. your so wrong.. and anybody reading your missives with any type of medical knowledge knows how wrong you are.. just stop already..

There was a rule.. It was enforced..and the rule was in laymans terms for steroid usage.. just watch the documentary...

How am I wrong? Because you were able to use the literal definition of the word steroid when we both know there is an implied meaning?

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok dude your the winner...

lol finesse

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Feel better?

Yes, I do feel better that a retard like you that wants to blow something as little and insignificant as this out of proportion walks away with his tail between his legs because he realizes the drug he's trying to claim is a big deal isn't a big deal at all.

duncan228
08-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Tip of the iceberg? Probably not (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/08/06/lewis.reaction/)
Chris Mannix
SI.com

Has the stench of performance enhancing drugs penetrated the NBA? Somehow I doubt it.

On a scale of 1-10, Rashard Lewis' decision to mix a banned supplement in with his protein shakes registers as a -30. The supplement, which reportedly contained the compound DHEA, a widely used muscle builder that is on the NBA's banned substance list, will cost the Magic forward 10 games next season and, more importantly, $1.6 million in salary.

But do I think this is just the tip of the iceberg? Do I think Lewis' positive test will be the first of many to start spilling out of the league offices? Probably not.

Why? For starters, there isn't a rich history of steroid users in the NBA. There is no secret list of hundreds of players who have tested positive in a drawer somewhere like there is in baseball, and there are no high-profile cautionary tales like those of former NFL players Lyle Alzado and Tony Mandarich. A total of six players have tested positive for PED's since the NBA began testing in 1999. And the list is hardly a who's-who of professional talent: Matt Geiger, Don McLean, Soumalia Samake, Lindsey Hunter, Darius Miles and now Lewis. Not exactly Bonds, Sosa and McGwire. No one believes Shaquille O'Neal was popping pills during the Lakers' three title seasons and there have been no rumors of David Robinson and Tim Duncan pumping each other full of HGH in bathroom stalls during the Spurs title seasons of 1999 and 2003.

Second, there is the drug, DHEA, that was in Lewis's system. Dr. Gary Wadler, Chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency's Prohibited List and Methods Sub-Committee, told the Orlando Sentinel that DHEA is "very widely used in supplemental and complementary kind of medicines and it's in food stores." Wadler added that DHEA is also "not very effective" as a performance enhancer.

Third, as an NBA reporter for the last six years and as a locker room attendant with the Boston Celtics the eight years prior to that, I have never heard so much as a whisper of players juicing. Working both the home and away locker rooms in Boston, I saw a lot of things. I saw which players liked to drink (a lot), which ones liked to smoke (even more) and which ones liked both. I witnessed some unbelievably stupid decisions by players that, to a degree, compromised the integrity of the game. In many ways, I saw the underbelly of professional sports. But I never saw or heard anything related to performance enhancing drugs.

All of which leads back to the same conclusion, one that has been expressed to me by several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation. Lewis unknowingly bought a supplement with the banned drug. He used it. He got busted.

Should Lewis be criticized? Absolutely. Every NBA team employs trainers and strength coaches who either have a working knowledge of what supplements are legal or the ability to access that information quickly. One phone call probably could have saved Lewis from all this trouble.

And even if the team wasn't involved, so what? Today's players have more handlers than Michael Jackson in his heyday, Lewis couldn't have asked one of them to check up on what kind of supplements he was taking?

And what about the Magic? The fight for home-court advantage in the Eastern Conference is going to be a dogfight next season, with Boston, Cleveland and Washington all loading up for a run at the top seed. Losing Lewis, the Magic's starting power forward and arguably their best perimeter weapon, for 10 games could prove costly as the battle for the Nos. 1-4 could come down to one or two wins.

So criticize Lewis for the stupidity of his actions and the cost it could have on the Magic next season. But be careful not to overreact. The NBA has a solid drug testing policy -- they randomly test every player four times during the season for everything from marijuana to steroids -- and no track record to warrant overwhelming skepticism.

Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 12:38 AM
^I love being right.

Basketballgirl25
08-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Now Magic fans can make excuses if they lose.

well then if Magic fans make excuses if they lets hope they don't turn into Dallas fans and make way to many excuses:toast

Rogue
08-07-2009, 07:25 AM
well then if Magic fans make excuses if they lets hope they don't turn into Dallas fans and make way to many excuses:toast
Dallas fans don't need to make any excuse for being retarded as none of them is literally a retard like some bitch called basketballtart25.

Basketballgirl25
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Dallas fans don't need to make any excuse for being retarded as none of them is literally a retard like some bitch called basketballtart25.

sorry. I might be retarded, but I don't complain about refs like most Dallas fans over on www.dallas-mavs.com (http://www.dallas-mavs.com)

dirk4mvp
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
sorry. I might be retarded, but I don't complain about refs like most Dallas fans over on www.dallas-mavs.com (http://www.dallas-mavs.com)

Stop posting that fucking link every time you post. No one cares what message board you get regulated on.

MavDynasty
08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I might be retarded

Oh ok.

Basketballgirl25
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Stop posting that fucking link every time you post. No one cares what message board you get regulated on.

I don't post it everytime I post, and I just posted it so you can see where the most dallas mav fans I've seen complain. Some are so stupid on that board, I don't know how some of them come up with trades I've seen:lol

JustBlaze
08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
10 games seems a little much.

Kobe™
08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Asterisk time

http://i32.tinypic.com/2njeema.jpg

duncan228
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
LeBron chimes in.

James offered sympathy to Lewis, who admitted taking an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the league.

"It's unfortunate," James said. "I know Rashard really well and I know he's not that type of guy who would do anything to get the upper edge on another player, that's first and foremost. You just have to use great judgment. We have guys with us every day who can find out for you if it [substance] is banned or not banned by the NBA. A mistake by him."