PDA

View Full Version : Senate Confirms Sonia Sotomayor to U.S. Supreme Court

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
The Senate voted Thursday to confirm Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court on a 68-31 vote. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/06/senate-prepares-sotomayor-confirmation-vote/)

clambake
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
i'd like to leave this here for yoni.:corn:

George Gervin's Afro
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Score one for the good guys..

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Score one for the good guys..
Please, don't make me puke after helping myself to some fresh popcorn.

Anyway, here's the vote:

Senate roll call #262 (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00262)

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
There hasn't been a real reason to oppose a SCOTUS nominee for years with the notable exception of Harriet Miers

clambake
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
There hasn't been a real reason to oppose a SCOTUS nominee for years with the notable exception of Harriet Miers

cheap shot.

have some popcorn.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
She was a corporate advocate for years before taking to the bench. I really haven't reviewed her rulings to get a clear picture but that really concerns me.

Rogue
08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
It's not vague that Obama's will have half of his cabinet filled with immigrants by the end of his first administration, as the current trend hinds, though it's unsure if he will manage to cut the deficit in half by that time.

Wild Cobra
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
It's not vague that Obama's will have half of his cabinet filled with immigrants by the end of his first administration, as the current trend hinds, though it's unsure if he will manage to cut the deficit in half by that time.It's easy to cut the deficit in half after increasing it four times or more, but it's still double or more than the previous president!

Crookshanks
08-06-2009, 06:18 PM

Tell that to Robert Bork - he was treated so horribly, it spawned a new word.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Even Bork thought Miers sucked.

boutons_deux
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Bork argued, sparred, debated, was very combative, and aggressive. He got Borked.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Bork borked himself. His role in the Saturday night massacre didn't help either.

Jacob1983
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Another win for affirmative action. Yay!

FromWayDowntown
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Glad to see that a well-qualified judge can be confirmed to the high court.

I'd expect at least 2 more resignations in the next three years.

TheProfessor
08-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Glad to see that a well-qualified judge can be confirmed to the high court.

I'd expect at least 2 more resignations in the next three years.
Stevens and Ginsburg?

ChumpDumper
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Another win for affirmative action. Yay!Who, in your learned opinion, was more qualified?

baseline bum
08-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Who, in your learned opinion, was more qualified?

Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Ted Haggard

ploto
08-07-2009, 06:48 AM
...Obama will have half of his cabinet filled with immigrants by the end of his first administration...
Given that you wrote this comment in this thread, I thought you might like to know:

1. The Supreme Court is not part of the cabinet.
2. Sotomayor was born in the Bronx.

ploto
08-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Another win for affirmative action. Yay!

Why- because a Hispanic woman could not possibly be qualified?

LnGrrrR
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
She was a corporate advocate for years before taking to the bench. I really haven't reviewed her rulings to get a clear picture but that really concerns me.

She ruled on an earlier NFL case while on the 2nd bench in favor of the NFL-as-one entity.. I'll be curious to see what she says if the NFL case out there now goes to SCOTUS.

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Sotomayer is a horrid choice, but it's not like she wouldn't be confirmed. The Senate is mostly a rubber stamp machine for judges unless there's ethical questions.

I'm just glad she got voted against a significant amount after all the stink raised by the Republicans. There's little more upsetting to see a group of Senators complain incessantly about a nominee and then find the confirmation vote was 98-1 (or some such).

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 07:49 AM
It's not vague that Obama's will have half of his cabinet filled with immigrants by the end of his first administration, as the current trend hinds, though it's unsure if he will manage to cut the deficit in half by that time.

Well, considering the the deficit he promised to cut in half was 2/3 one time expenses, you'd think he'd be able to achieve that, but the way he's going he won't.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2009, 07:50 AM
She ruled on an earlier NFL case while on the 2nd bench in favor of the NFL-as-one entity.. I'll be curious to see what she says if the NFL case out there now goes to SCOTUS.I'm pretty sure it was the Supreme Court that established the precedent of treating corporations as "persons" under the law.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Harriet Miers was a slap in the face to all americans, and was analogous to spitting right in the founding fathers' faces.

Republicans can rest easy now....odds are like a bajillion to one that Obama will now have to go back to the tried formula of nominating old white men for the remainder of his presidency.

LnGrrrR
08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it was the Supreme Court that established the precedent of treating corporations as "persons" under the law.

No, I'm talking about the ruling about whether the NFL counts as ONE business or 32 separate businesses.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/26/supreme-court-nominee-sotomayor-has-made-her-mark-on-nfl-mlb/

In the NFL ruling, Sotomayor was part of the appeals court panel which reaffirmed the NFL's eligibility rule, which says that players must be out of high school for at least three years before they can be drafted or sign as a free agent.

Well, the NFL has a case right now against a clothing manufacturer, and they're hoping SCOTUS will look at it and consider the 1 vs 32 ramifications. It could change sports significantly if SCOTUS takes the case.

TeyshaBlue
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't undestand why the senate even confirms a nomination. We elect a President to do a bunch of stuff...including appoint judges to the supreme court.
However, the anarchist within me cries for Ted Nugent's appointment.

LnGrrrR
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't undestand why the senate even confirms a nomination. We elect a President to do a bunch of stuff...including appoint judges to the supreme court.
However, the anarchist within me cries for Ted Nugent's appointment.

I believe that the Constitution says the President appoints a judge with the consent/advice of the Senate... any Constitution buffs feel like looking it up?

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Sotomayer is a horrid choice
Who would you have selected?

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
I believe that the Constitution says the President appoints a judge with the consent/advice of the Senate... any Constitution buffs feel like looking it up?
You've got it, Article II.

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Who would you have selected?

Didn't say I had a favored choice, just said she was a bad one. If she was the best choice, we're in trouble as a country.

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Didn't say I had a favored choice, just said she was a bad one. If she was the best choice, we're in trouble as a country.
How is she any more or less qualified than the nominees who have been selected in the past twenty years? Prodigious and distinguished appellate experience, Yale Law Review, taught at NYU Law and Columbia - I don't know about best choice, but that's such a subjective evaluation. She's more than qualified.

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
How is she any more or less qualified than the nominees who have been selected in the past twenty years? Prodigious and distinguished appellate experience, Yale Law Review, taught at NYU Law and Columbia - I don't know about best choice, but that's such a subjective evaluation. She's more than qualified.

I don't like the history of her cases that have gone to SCOTUS. She seems to be in the wrong a lot on those.

On a personal level, I can't stand the way the she writes her opinions, and she has way too many personal comments that are just asinine and stupid.

I didn't say she wasn't qualified, I said she was a poor choice.

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't like the history of her cases that have gone to SCOTUS. She seems to be in the wrong a lot on those.

On a personal level, I can't stand the way the she writes her opinions, and she has way too many personal comments that are just asinine and stupid.

I didn't say she wasn't qualified, I said she was a poor choice.
Eh, people get reversed. Five cases out of 380 opinions written isn't much of a sample size.

And having suffered through Con Law recently, I can say she'll join a distinguished tradition of bad writing.

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Eh, people get reversed. Five cases out of 380 opinions written isn't much of a sample size.

6 now (4 reversed), and that's only counting the ones she wrote the opinions for. She had a lot more that she was part of the panel for, and while the reversal rate is much lower if you go down to just her being part of the deciding faction, it still feels high to me.

Of course, I admit I'm biased and could just be rationalizing since everytime I've listen to her say anything, I dislike her more and more on a personal level. I have no problem admitting that.

And having suffered through Con Law recently, I can say she'll join a distinguished tradition of bad writing.

Well, that's true. She seems worse than average at that, but with a large panel, hopefully she won't be writing the opinions often, and it's rare that anyone is actually GOOD at it.

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
6 now (4 reversed), and that's only counting the ones she wrote the opinions for. She had a lot more that she was part of the panel for, and while the reversal rate is much lower if you go down to just her being part of the deciding faction, it still feels high to me.

Of course, I admit I'm biased and could just be rationalizing since everytime I've listen to her say anything, I dislike her more and more on a personal level. I have no problem admitting that.

Well, that's true. She seems worse than average at that, but with a large panel, hopefully she won't be writing the opinions often, and it's rare that anyone is actually GOOD at it.
Ah yes, the fireman case, good call, though I (like you, probably biased) think that's more about SCOTUS trends than it is about the case itself. I will be interested to see how she integrates herself with the court, that first year is always very difficult, and she'll be expected to get on board fast.

TeyshaBlue
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
You've got it, Article II.

Thanks!

Wild Cobra
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
We've been over this before. Yes, Advice and Consent. Thing is, a filibuster is a senate rule. Using it not to allow a consent vote taken will likely be decided unconstitutional if ever tested. Judges deserve an up.down vote, and the filibuster should only be used to extend debate. Not prevent a final vote. Using it to prevent a vote I'm sure is unconstitutional.

Jacob1983
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I just wonder how Sotomayor feels about being a pawn of affirmative action? I wonder how it makes her feel that she was only nominated because of her race?

ChumpDumper
08-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Again, who do you think was better qualified, Jacob?

Winehole23
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
The confirmation of Judge Sotomayor gives Roman Catholics 6 of 9 Supreme Court seats.

That this is no big deal now (except to the LaRouchite rump and white identity churches) shows how far we've come in one respect. 50 years ago it would've been a much bigger deal.

Jacob1983
08-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Chumpdumper, I will go with your mom. Who do you think would have been a better choice? You?

ChumpDumper
08-08-2009, 12:45 AM
My mother is dead and she wasn't in the legal profession.

I never said there was a better choice -- you did when you said she was an affirmative action case.

So I will ask you again, who would have been a better choice and why?

SnakeBoy
08-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Sotomayer is a horrid choice, but it's not like she wouldn't be confirmed. The Senate is mostly a rubber stamp machine for judges unless there's ethical questions.

I'm just glad she got voted against a significant amount after all the stink raised by the Republicans. There's little more upsetting to see a group of Senators complain incessantly about a nominee and then find the confirmation vote was 98-1 (or some such).

She was a perfectly qualified choice. I would have prefered republicans drill her on some of the questionable comments and then voted for her after she gave reasonable answers like she did.

Jacob1983
08-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Sarah Palin.

It doesn't take a rocket science to know that this whole thing was a product of affirmative action. If Sotomayor had been an old evil white lady, we wouldn't even be talking about her right now. Are you honestly going to tell me that Sotomayor would have been nominated by Obama if she had been white? Do you not remember Obama saying during his campaign that he wanted a Latino on the Supreme Court? Sotomayor should feel disrespected and taken advantage of but she doesn't because she honestly believes that Obama picked her because she was the best person for the job. Sad but true.

Rodriguez
08-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Sonia's face counts much more than her race does IMHO, Michelle won't be the ugliest woman around Obama any longer. Although Hillary Clinton is already at the retiring age of most jobs, she still looks much prettier than Sonia, even her pussy does as well.

DarrinS
08-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Sonia's face counts much more than her race does IMHO, Michelle won't be the ugliest woman around Obama any longer. Although Hillary Clinton is already at the retiring age of most jobs, she still looks much prettier than Sonia, even her pussy does as well.

WTF? :wow

:lmao

TheProfessor
08-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Sarah Palin.

It doesn't take a rocket science to know that this whole thing was a product of affirmative action. If Sotomayor had been an old evil white lady, we wouldn't even be talking about her right now. Are you honestly going to tell me that Sotomayor would have been nominated by Obama if she had been white? Do you not remember Obama saying during his campaign that he wanted a Latino on the Supreme Court? Sotomayor should feel disrespected and taken advantage of but she doesn't because she honestly believes that Obama picked her because she was the best person for the job. Sad but true.
You can't name an adequate alternative choice because you don't know what qualifies someone to serve on the Supreme Court. I'll help you - Granholm, Wood, Kagan. Now go do a little research and see if you can figure out why Sotomayor is very well qualified.

George Gervin's Afro
08-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Sarah Palin.

I'm pretty sure she is smarter than you are and understands the importance of her confirmation. Do you realize that your reasoning is why you guys keep losing elections? Worse, you actually believe what you write. You need to start thinking for yourself.

FromWayDowntown
08-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Sarah Palin.

So it's not remotely or conceivably possible that she could have been the best choice for the job and coincidentally Hispanic? Or, in other words, that she's Hispanic is facial proof that she's unqualified?

Wild Cobra
08-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I just wonder how Sotomayor feels about being a pawn of affirmative action? I wonder how it makes her feel that she was only nominated because of her race?Again, who do you think was better qualified, Jacob?I hate agreeing with Chump, but I have to here. I'm sure we can find several who are better qualified, but President Obama would have never selected any of them.

It's hard to tell what we will get from a Supreme court nominee. O'Connor for example was a conservative pick, but headed left after being confirmed. At least we know she has been vocal of her beliefs and where they lie. I am more concerned about other areas of law, and think we could have received far worse if President Obama selected someone else. It seems she has been a very fair judge in all areas except affirmative action.

Personally, I don't want to see her there. However, I don't want to see any there nominated by a Fascist president. I would call her the lesser of evils.

fyatuk
08-08-2009, 11:57 AM
She was a perfectly qualified choice.

I love how people seem to think that "horrid choice" is the same as "unqualified."

I'm perfectly qualified for a lot of jobs, but I guarantee you I would be a pretty damn bad choice in at least a few of them.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Sarah Palin.I agree Sarah Palin was an affirmative action choice.

TheProfessor
08-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I hate agreeing with Chump, but I have to here. I'm sure we can find several who are better qualified, but President Obama would have never selected any of them.

It's hard to tell what we will get from a Supreme court nominee. O'Connor for example was a conservative pick, but headed left after being confirmed. At least we know she has been vocal of her beliefs and where they lie. I am more concerned about other areas of law, and think we could have received far worse if President Obama selected someone else. It seems she has been a very fair judge in all areas except affirmative action.

Personally, I don't want to see her there. However, I don't want to see any there nominated by a Fascist president. I would call her the lesser of evils.
If Diane Wood had been nominated, I bet conservative groups would have gone insane. Sotomayor was about as moderate as it gets for this administration.

Jacob1983
08-08-2009, 11:49 PM
You guys crack me up. You honestly thought I was serious when I said Sarah Palin? I mentioned her name just to see how your would react. Actually, I did not lose the election back in November. My name was not on the ballot. John McCain and Sarah Palin lost the election, not me. John McCain was a dumbass for picking Sarah Palin as his VP. He would have had a chance with Romney. Sotomayor should be thanking whitey because without whitey, she wouldn't be on the Supreme Court right now. Whitey got Obama elected and Obama picked her to be on the Supreme Court.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Actually, Obama lost the whitey vote by quite a substantial margin. Sotomayor should be thanking Asians, Hispanics, Blacks and Jews.

Alito and Roberts should thank whitey.

And we didn't think you were being serious about Palin. We just thought you were being stupid.

FromWayDowntown
08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
You guys crack me up. You honestly thought I was serious when I said Sarah Palin? I mentioned her name just to see how your would react. Actually, I did not lose the election back in November. My name was not on the ballot. John McCain and Sarah Palin lost the election, not me. John McCain was a dumbass for picking Sarah Palin as his VP. He would have had a chance with Romney. Sotomayor should be thanking whitey because without whitey, she wouldn't be on the Supreme Court right now. Whitey got Obama elected and Obama picked her to be on the Supreme Court.

So non-whites are categorically unqualified to hold positions of leadership and obtain those positions ONLY by the grace of whites?

resistanze
08-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Sotomayor should be thanking whitey because without whitey, she wouldn't be on the Supreme Court right now. Whitey got Obama elected and Obama picked her to be on the Supreme Court.
Finally, someone that agrees with me. White Power!

Jacob1983
08-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I never said anything about non-whites not being qualified or whites being qualified more than non-whites. If Sotomayor is qualified to be on the Supreme Court, then it should be the main focus, not her race. If the news had done a better handling of the story then I wouldn't have said it was a win for affirmative action. There was so much of a focus on her race that it took away from all of her experience and qualifications.

Remove Obama's cock from your mouth for one minute. Use your brain. You know that Obama wouldn't have won the election if he had not gotten so many votes from white people. Obama won because he got so many votes from whitey. White people voted for Obama because they were either in awe of his greatness, wanted to make history, or because of white guilt.

resistanze
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Remove Obama's cock from your mouth for one minute. Use your brain. You know that Obama wouldn't have won the election if he had not gotten so many votes from white people. Obama won because he got so many votes from whitey. White people voted for Obama because they were either in awe of his greatness, wanted to make history, or because of white guilt.
Considering America is roughly 70% white, no president in the history of the United States of America would have gotten elected without a majority of votes from white people, you fucking dumb cocksucker.

Jacob1983
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Are you seriously going to tell me that? The white vote was more important to Obama than any other presidential candidate in American history because Obama is half-black. Every other president in American history never had to worry about the white vote the way Obama did. And there were a good number of people that voted for McCain because Obama is half-baclk. Also, a lot of people voted for Obama because they wanted to make history. Anyways, back Sotomayor. Why didn't the media mention her background, achievements, awards, experience, etc...? The media and Obama put a huge emphasis and importance on her race. If Sotomayor was the right person for the choice, then why didn't anyone back it up with her record, awards, achievements, experience, references?

ChumpDumper
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Are you seriously going to tell me that?Yes, I am seriously going to tell you that Obama lost the white vote by a substantial margin.
Anyways, back Sotomayor. Why didn't the media mention her background, achievements, awards, experience, etc...?They did -- you were too busy being white to notice.
If Sotomayor was the right person for the choice, then why didn't anyone back it up with her record, awards, achievements, experience, references?So you have been too busy being white to find out what her qualifications are compared to the other candidates you know to be better qualified and still have failed to name after being asked point blank several times.

FromWayDowntown
08-09-2009, 11:03 PM
If Sotomayor was the right person for the choice, then why didn't anyone back it up with her record, awards, achievements, experience, references?

They did. What's funny about this is that the people who were most focused on her non-judicial background were those who most fiercely opposed her nomination and spent the duration of the confirmation hearings harping on issues of race, gender, and ethnicity -- probably because attacking her qualifications would have been a complete waste of time.

Jacob1983
08-10-2009, 02:39 AM
All the times that I watched MSNBC, CNN, and FOX News, they never once talked about her background, record, experience, awards, achievements. It always "first Latino" or "first Hispanic" on the Supreme Court. I haven't listed any choices because it's not my job to pick judges for the Supreme Court.
By the way, I notice your racist accusations and assumptions. If a white person particularly a white guy says anything negative about a minority, they are a racist right? Yes or no?

ChumpDumper
08-10-2009, 03:30 AM
All the times that I watched MSNBC, CNN, and FOX News, they never once talked about her background, record, experience, awards, achievements. It always "first Latino" or "first Hispanic" on the Supreme Court.All the times I watched them spend more than thirty seconds discussing her, her qualifications and experience came up. You weren't paying attention. If you had, you would have known that she had the most experience as a judge of any candidate for quite some time.
I haven't listed any choices because it's not my job to pick judges for the Supreme Court.That's also the reason you have no idea what Sotomayor's qualifications were. That and you are an incurious dolt who can't even look up a CV.

By the way, I notice your racist accusations and assumptions. If a white person particularly a white guy says anything negative about a minority, they are a racist right? Yes or no?By the way, I have noticed the great majority of your posts consist of your whining about one minority or another. Do you think of anything else?

If so, prove it.

Rogue
08-10-2009, 04:39 AM
Considering America is roughly 70% white, no president in the history of the United States of America would have gotten elected without a majority of votes from white people, you fucking dumb cocksucker.
White people are so tired of politics that they seldom give a shit to the presidential election, roughly reckoned, about half of the white Americans refused to register as voters despite being qualified, then you have already lost 35% votes to the sea. The rest contest would be 30% vs. 35%, and the fact is some white people gave their votes to Obama while most of the black, I mean most, didn't give a consideration to the guy ran against their black brother Barack. The white people have long been taking their superb rights for granted, so it seems like a small deal to them whether the president is white or black, at this point I think it was the arrogancy and ignorance of white people that lost the battle to the black community which was die-hard insistent and decisive.

However, the major reason why Obama overwhelmed the republican candidate is (Of course I know the guy's name is John McCain but I also know no one gives as much attention to him as to Obama. The democrats were almost guaranteed to win the presidential campaign, thanks to the previous 8 dark years cooked up by Mr. GWB.) the general hatred upon the republicans. From the beginning to the end of the campaign, no one had ever doubted Obama would win it by a pretty wide gap over the 2nd place. I think if you have something against the minor races, you should date back to the primary election to dig out the lesions from the interior democrats party.

FromWayDowntown
08-10-2009, 07:40 AM
By the way, I notice your racist accusations and assumptions. If a white person particularly a white guy says anything negative about a minority, they are a racist right? Yes or no?

I've made no racist accusations or assumptions. I have no idea about the race or ethnicity of anyone who posts here.

I'll note, however, that I'm not the one claiming that affirmative action is a major reason that Justice Sotomayor has been confirmed to the Supreme Court and I'm not the one disputing her qualifications.

Frankly, I think arguments like those that you're making are intellectually bankrupt and unprincipled, not racist. Sorry to obliterate your strawman.

Jacob1983
08-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I just think it's funny how people are labeled racists or bigots if they believe affirmative action is wrong or if they believe it's reverse discrimination. Honestly, I could care less if Sotomayor is on the Supreme Court. It doesn't affect my life at all. It's hilarious how people let politics rule their lives or let politics put their panties in a wad. It's also funny to see all the Obama supporters, lovers, and worshippers get so defensive over the guy. The main reason why I don't like affirmative action is because I want a piece of the pie. I would have loved to get a scholarship based on my skin color. That would have been awesome. My student loans would probably be a lot cheaper than they are if I had been able to get a "white person" scholarship. Sadly, those do not exist. If that makes me a cry baby or whiner, then I'm guilty. Last time I checked, "white people" scholarships do not exist. If they did, then that would be racist. However, it's okay to have "black people" or "Latino/Hispanic people" scholarships. Have fun with my post.:lol

ElNono
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I just think it's funny how people are labeled racists or bigots if they believe affirmative action is wrong or if they believe it's reverse discrimination. Honestly, I could care less if Sotomayor is on the Supreme Court. It doesn't affect my life at all. It's hilarious how people let politics rule their lives or let politics put their panties in a wad. It's also funny to see all the Obama supporters, lovers, and worshippers get so defensive over the guy. The main reason why I don't like affirmative action is because I want a piece of the pie. I would have loved to get a scholarship based on my skin color. That would have been awesome. My student loans would probably be a lot cheaper than they are if I had been able to get a "white person" scholarship. Sadly, those do not exist. If that makes me a cry baby or whiner, then I'm guilty. Last time I checked, "white people" scholarships do not exist. If they did, then that would be racist. However, it's okay to have "black people" or "Latino/Hispanic people" scholarships. Have fun with my post.:lol

At least you're honest. But I do disagree with the notion that Sotomayor being in the Supreme Court doesn't affect you at all. It might not in the long run, but odds are she's going to tackle a case or two that will touch us all.
That's exactly why there was such a big hoopla about all this...

ChumpDumper
08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I could care less if Sotomayor is on the Supreme Court. It doesn't affect my life at all.That's why you keep posting about it.

And I'm sure the Klan has some kind of private scholarship program for whites. Ask your local wizard.

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2009, 04:30 PM
i just think it's funny how people are labeled racists or bigots if they believe affirmative action is wrong or if they believe it's reverse discrimination. Honestly, i could care less if sotomayor is on the supreme court. It doesn't affect my life at all. It's hilarious how people let politics rule their lives or let politics put their panties in a wad. It's also funny to see all the obama supporters, lovers, and worshippers get so defensive over the guy. The main reason why i don't like affirmative action is because i want a piece of the pie. I would have loved to get a scholarship based on my skin color. That would have been awesome. My student loans would probably be a lot cheaper than they are if i had been able to get a "white person" scholarship. Sadly, those do not exist. If that makes me a cry baby or whiner, then i'm guilty. Last time i checked, "white people" scholarships do not exist. If they did, then that would be racist. However, it's okay to have "black people" or "latino/hispanic people" scholarships. Have fun with my post.:lol

usa! Usa!usa!

rjv
08-10-2009, 04:39 PM
i love the myths about affirmative action. i never met a single minority at texas a&m or even when i was in grad school who told me that they had a free ride or scored below the standard scores on admission tests or even were anything less than in the top 25% of their class.

and despite that both of the flagship universities of texas (a&m and ut) fall below the civil rights act of 65 standards for minority representation.

Rogue
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
US should have tightened the border to reduce the amount of immigrants penetrating into our land. Oppositely, however, we give immigrants any kind of aid they need to help them parasitize.

The golden age of US was the 1990s, also during which millions of immigrants left their own countries to join the US bandwagon, fighting against US native citizens for the share of jobs, health care...

Consequently, the population exploded not because of baby bloom but the unlimited uncontrollable immigration. You should have got the sense that when you see dumb asses all over the streets, your country is going into troubles.

I don't have anything against immigrants personally, but the truth doesn't need any explication to be clear. The first immigrants to America, for example the Spanish sailors, African Labors and British colonizers, constructed a great country on the continent and made their country eventually the best of the world by the decade of 1990, a time when they should have fixed the immigration policy.

But the trend continues... I don't know any European country you can immigrate to as easily as to immigrate to US. US today just looks like a hotel, immigrants don't care if the hotel is on profit or deficit. Once the hotel gets fucked up by them, then they just need to move to another one while leaving the natives a fucked up hotel.

When asked if you are willing to sacrifice your life for the security of your country, an immigrant definitely give you then negative answer, though even some natives may also give you the same answer.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
i love the myths about affirmative action. i never met a single minority at texas a&m or even when i was in grad school who told me that they had a free ride or scored below the standard scores on admission tests or even were anything less than in the top 25% of their class.
That's fine, but there have been actual cases students wanting to attend colleges that were not allowed to. Also, better than the required scores. With limited slots available, to get the proper quota's, students with lower qualifications took their place instead. Just because of skin color. When there are limited slots, they should be allocated by merit.

clambake
08-10-2009, 06:38 PM
it was easier when they had their own bathrooms.

remember when they knew their place?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
it was easier when they had their own bathrooms.

remember when they knew their place?

Why don't you just shut up with that racist shit. This is different.

FromWayDowntown
08-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Never trust a black surgeon, right?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Never trust a black surgeon, right?My God man. Do you forget what I meant? I said there was reason not to know if they really archived their place by merit, rather than because of skin color. It is a fact. Because of affirmative action, merit is thrown out the window. It has done more harm to black professions than good.

Jacob1983
08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Chumpdumper, so I'm a Klan member because I think Sotomayor got on the Supreme Court because of her race? Is everyone a racist if they say someone got ahead or got something in their favor because of affirmative action? And is everyone a racist if they say they are against affirmative action?

Spawn
08-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't think people are familiar with who the primary beneficiaries of Affirmative Action are. Hint: it's not a person of color.

rjv
08-11-2009, 09:18 AM
That's fine, but there have been actual cases students wanting to attend colleges that were not allowed to. Also, better than the required scores. With limited slots available, to get the proper quota's, students with lower qualifications took their place instead. Just because of skin color. When there are limited slots, they should be allocated by merit.

when an applicant is up for a seat against another there is always going to be some variable that sets them apart. the problem that affirmative action opponents have is that race is considered a variable when a college or university is trying to get a more representative demographic of the population it serves . the question is why it is that all other variables (including legacy and the frequent abuses of nepotism) are deemed inconsequential.

rjv
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Chumpdumper, so I'm a Klan member because I think Sotomayor got on the Supreme Court because of her race? Is everyone a racist if they say someone got ahead or got something in their favor because of affirmative action? And is everyone a racist if they say they are against affirmative action?

not necessarily, but they are definitely making judgements based on race (which, ironically enough, is exactly what they are claiming opposition to).

clambake
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM

you can't talk to me like this.

do i have to remind you that you were a white welfare child?

i'll tell you when you can drink from my fountain.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 11:22 AM
when an applicant is up for a seat against another there is always going to be some variable that sets them apart. the problem that affirmative action opponents have is that race is considered a variable when a college or university is trying to get a more representative demographic of the population it serves . the question is why it is that all other variables (including legacy and the frequent abuses of nepotism) are deemed inconsequential.I agree that all these factors should eliminated from the equation.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
you can't talk to me like this.

do i have to remind you that you were a white welfare child?

i'll tell you when you can drink from my fountain.
Ha. Ha...

Too bad you take facts out of context and people know it.

FromWayDowntown
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
My God man. Do you forget what I meant? I said there was reason not to know if they really archived their place by merit, rather than because of skin color. It is a fact. Because of affirmative action, merit is thrown out the window. It has done more harm to black professions than good.

See, I begin from the assumption - one that my experience tells me is well-founded - that I can't judge qualifications based upon skin color, gender, or ethincity. That saves me from making asinine statements like universally questioning the qualifications of broad groups of professionals based on their immutable characteristics and without regard to who they actually are. The marketplace will take care of those who are unqualified, whether they are white or black or male or female.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
RrSXeLiT_0w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSXeLiT_0w

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Chumpdumper, so I'm a Klan member because I think Sotomayor got on the Supreme Court because of her race? Is everyone a racist if they say someone got ahead or got something in their favor because of affirmative action? And is everyone a racist if they say they are against affirmative action?I'm saying if you want a scholarship for being white, the Klan is probably a good place to start. You certainly aren't going to get any scholarships for your intelligence, such as it is.

Jacob1983
08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Chumpdumper, do you want to place a bet on my intelligence? I have a college degree, dumbass. Do you have one? How did you feel about your woman admitting that she has benefitted from affirmative action? If you would stop sucking Obama's dick and stop stereotyping and generalizing people for your own political agenda then you wouldn't be such a dumbass.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I have a college degree. I have gotten scholarships based on academic and test performance.

I think Sotomayor has benefited from affirmative action in the past. She has succeeded tremendously because of that past affirmative action. If you can argue someone else was more qualified for this appointment to the Supreme Court, you could claim that she was an affirmative action choice this time. You have completely failed in this regard. Perhaps you should stop whining and try to back up your argument for once.

Sotomayor is not my woman.

Have you checked with your local Wizard about the scholarships? I'm sure they'll hook you up.

Jacob1983
08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't need a damn scholarship. How the fuck can Sotomayor not be an affirmative action choice? Obama said that he wanted to make history on the Supreme Court. Be appointing Sotomayor, he did that. I'm not going to win the argument because you are so far to the left that you're blinded with your allegiance to Obama and the Democratic Party that you can't be objective. There's no point in arguing because you are an ideologue. You never say anything negative or critical of Obama. It's like the man can do no wrong. I voted for Bush in 2004 but I can admit that he made a million mistakes as president and that he wasn't a good president either.

clambake
08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Ha. Ha...

Too bad you take facts out of context and people know it.

do i have to remind you that you were a welfare child?

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't need a damn scholarship.Then why are you whining about other people's getting scholarships?
How the fuck can Sotomayor not be an affirmative action choice? Obama said that he wanted to make history on the Supreme Court. Be appointing Sotomayor, he did that.Maybe he already had Sotomayor in mind from the start since she was so qualified -- the history just happened to be a nice bonus.
I'm not going to win the argument because you are so far to the left that you're blinded with your allegiance to Obama and the Democratic Party that you can't be objective.I'm actually relatively moderate.
There's no point in arguing because you are an ideologue.Nah, you won't win because you are kinda stupid.
You never say anything negative or critical of Obama.Sure I have. You were too busy being white to notice.
It's like the man can do no wrong. I voted for Bush in 2004 but I can admit that he made a million mistakes as president and that he wasn't a good president either.Obama has made mistakes.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
do i have to remind you that you were a welfare child?You know, stupid stuff like that is why I had you on IGNORE for so long. Just because when I was 12 years old, my mother applied for food stamps for maybe 3 months, until she started working after my parents divorce...

Does that really count in your eyes?

Why is that so important for you to always bring up? What is that strange obsession of yours?

clambake
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
If you would stop sucking Obama's dick

sounds like college to me. :tu

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
sounds like college to me. :tuNo shit. Why are these guys obsessed with gay sex acts? Can they leave their obsession out of even one thread?

clambake
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
You know, stupid stuff like that is why I had you on IGNORE for so long. Just because when I was 12 years old, my mother applied for food stamps for maybe 3 months, until she started working after my parents divorce...

Does that really count in your eyes?

Why is that so important for you to always bring up? What is that strange obsession of yours?

it's classic freud. you hate welfare people because you hate yourself...as one of them.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
it's classic freud. you hate welfare people because you hate yourself...as one of them.
Fail...

I clearly explained in that initial post that I didn't like seeing what my mother went through, and that she did what she could to stand on her own two feet as fast as possible. Her conservatism was passed on to me.

clambake
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
a real conservative wouldn't be caught dead begging for welfare.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
a real conservative wouldn't be caught dead begging for welfare.I just found the two times I brought it up:

My life was not sheltered. I grew up learning about life and responsibility growing up poor. I do know what food stamps are. My mother used to get them after my parents divorced, as I was growing up. However, when I did have a family structure. My parents did not utilize any government programs. We just did without many things that other people had.
In a thread some time back, I mentioned my mother used food stamps after my parents were divorced. She, however, used them like they were suppose to be used. As needed. She got a job, later earned more money, and got off them.

Why are you such an idiot. If you're going to make fun of me, cannot you at least be intelligent about it?

clambake
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I just found the two times I brought it up:
i remembered.

Why are you such an idiot. If you're going to make fun of me, cannot you at least be intelligent about it?
like i said, you hate welfare people and you hate yourself for being one.

i completely understand you.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
like i said, you hate welfare people and you hate yourself for being one.

i completely understand you.
Your interpretation is wrong.

SonOfAGun
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/3/3a/Sigmund_freud.jpg/180px-Sigmund_freud.jpg

Jacob1983
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Chumpdumper, can you elaborate on the comment about too busy being white to notice? For a moderate, you do seem to side with liberals and Democrats a lot.

I was simply saying that I would have enjoyed getting some affirmative action when I was going to college. It would have been nice having college paid for because of my evil white skin. At the university I graduated from, I always saw signs saying how students could get financial aid if they were Native Americans or internationl students. Nothing for evil whitey.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Chumpdumper, can you elaborate on the comment about too busy being white to notice? For a moderate, you do seem to side with liberals and Democrats a lot.I get into a lot of arguments with board Republicans because they are the ones who try to get away with the most shit. I don't agree with all the Democrats' policies by a long shot.

I was simply saying that I would have enjoyed getting some affirmative action when I was going to college.You just said you didn't need them.
It would have been nice having college paid for because of my evil white skin.Again, I told you where to look for them. I'm sure you could get someone to reward you for being white.
At the university I graduated from, I always saw signs saying how students could get financial aid if they were Native Americans or internationl students. Nothing for evil whitey.Evil whitey can receive financial aid. There is no need for you to lie.

Jacob1983
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I did get financial aid. However, the financial aid was not like the affirmative action scholarships that are given to minorities. I have to pay back the financial aid that I received. I dare you to answer this question. I don't think you will but I go out on a limb and ask. Why should a minority get a scholarship based on their skin color while I am not allowed to get the same because I'm white?

LnGrrrR
08-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I did get financial aid. However, the financial aid was not like the affirmative action scholarships that are given to minorities. I have to pay back the financial aid that I received. I dare you to answer this question. I don't think you will but I go out on a limb and ask. Why should a minority get a scholarship based on their skin color while I am not allowed to get the same because I'm white?

Well, I'm not Chump, but the whole process is designed to give a leg up to minorities because they don't have built-up wealth due to policies from decades ago.

I agree that it's not 'fair', and think they would be better served to determine scholarships on a 'class-based' system rather than a race-based one.

Jacob1983
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Affirmative action also assumes that white people don't struggle or never need any help. It's racist to both whites and minorities. It assumes that minorities are weak and stupid and always need help. It also assumes that whites are powerful and wealthy and don't need any help.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Affirmative action also assumes that white people don't struggle or never need any help. It's racist to both whites and minorities. It assumes that minorities are weak and stupid and always need help. It also assumes that whites are powerful and wealthy and don't need any help.Well said.

Rodriguez
08-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Affirmative action also assumes that white people don't struggle or never need any help. It's racist to both whites and minorities. It assumes that minorities are weak and stupid and always need help. It also assumes that whites are powerful and wealthy and don't need any help.
terrorists are weak compared to US troops, so they need help and aid. Give them some m4a1 to make the battles more violent.

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I've never been a fan of reparations. The Native Americans alive right now did not suffer like the ones that suffered in the past so they don't deserve any reparations in my opinion. The same goes for slavery in America. Black people right now were never slaves in America so they don't deserve reparations. If you were alive and suffered during those times then yeah it would be understandable to get reparations but not now. So if minorities get affirmative action, it benefits me? How does a minority getting a college scholarship based on their skin color benefit me?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I did get financial aid. However, the financial aid was not like the affirmative action scholarships that are given to minorities. I have to pay back the financial aid that I received. I dare you to answer this question. I don't think you will but I go out on a limb and ask. Why should a minority get a scholarship based on their skin color while I am not allowed to get the same because I'm white?Because you're white.

You guys think the easiest questions are really difficult. You answered your onw one right there.

Now there are scholarships available to the economically disadvantaged as well - even if you are white. I couldn't tell you exactly when all the legacies of unfair policies towards minorities won't be felt or matter anymore; I'd be glad to abolish affirmative action at that time.

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
So you're saying that whites don't deserve affirmative action because of what happened in the past?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes.

Suck it up and enjoy your whiteness.

I'm not saying affirmative action is or ever was perfect, but I've got to say that being white is a pretty sweet deal in this country. If it gets to a point where it doesn't matter, I'll start whining right along with you.

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm not whining. I just think it would have been nice to get a handout from uncle sam while I was going to college. And yes I got financial aid but I have to pay all of it back. Financial aid isn't really aid when you think about it. When you go to college for 5 and a half years, borrow 40,000 dollars, and wind up working at a retail store, it makes you wonder. But what do I know? I'm just an evil white person.

For the record, being white doesn't always give you advantages. Most of the time it doesn't give you an edge. Now in America, the main thing that gives you an edge is money. All of these affirmative action supporters don't realize or understand that there are a lot of white people that are poor and suffer just like minorities do. Not all whites are rich and powerful.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Yes.

Suck it up and enjoy your whiteness.

I'm not saying affirmative action is or ever was perfect, but I've got to say that being white is a pretty sweet deal in this country. If it gets to a point where it doesn't matter, I'll start whining right along with you.
You're an idiot. Being white has nothing to do with it.

It's True: Nobody Cares About Poor Whites (http://bradley.chattablogs.com/archives/2004/12/its-true-nobody-cares-about-poor-whites.html)

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
You're an idiot. Being white has nothing to do with it.

It's True: Nobody Cares About Poor Whites (http://bradley.chattablogs.com/archives/2004/12/its-true-nobody-cares-about-poor-whites.html)No, unfortunately being white does have something to do with it. When it doesn't, I'll start with the whining.

If you really care about poor whites, what are you doing for them?

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 12:27 AM
I didn't own slaves and I didn't steal any land from Native Americans. It sucks that stuff like that happens but shit happens. And I'm not gonna take the blame or responsiblity for those groups suffering when I had no part in it.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:28 AM
No, unfortunately being white does have something to do with it. When it doesn't, I'll start with the whining.
Professor Gates and President Obama; Bill Cosby and the thousands of wealthy, independent, entrepreneurial, intelligent, educated, and successful blacks blow your theory to hell.

If you really care about poor whites, what are you doing for them?
I don't do anything for poor whites. I do for, and give to, the poor, no matter their race.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Professor Gates and President Obama; Bill Cosby and the thousands of wealthy, independent, entrepreneurial, intelligent, educated, and successful blacks blow your theory to hell.No, they don't change my theory that being white is a sweet deal here.

I don't do anything for poor whites. I do for, and give to, the poor, no matter their race.Thanks for answering a question that wasn't directed to you.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:33 AM
No, they don't change my theory that being white is a sweet deal here.
It appears being black is a sweet deal, as well.

Thanks for answering a question that wasn't directed to you.
To whom was it directed?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:36 AM
It appears being black is a sweet deal, as well.Not as much as being white.

To whom was it directed?Sorry, I thought Jacob had come up with an actual link to something. I didn't see you had taken up the standard for oppressed whites.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Not as much as being white.
I don't know that. There are more poor whites than blacks.

I'd be interested to know if blacks are over or under represented in the top income bracket.

Sorry, I thought Jacob had come up with an actual link to something. I didn't see you had taken up the standard for oppressed whites.
Well, pay attention.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't know that. There are more poor whites than blacks.I know that.

I'd be interested to know if blacks are over or under represented in the top income bracket.Why would you say they were overrepresented?

Well, pay attention.All white people's posts look the same me.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I know that.
No, you don't. Based on what?

Why would you say they were overrepresented?
A statistical term. Is there a higher or lower percentage of blacks in the top income brackets than there is in the general population.

All white people's posts look the same me.
That's your problem, not mine.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Why do you assume all minorities get non-loan minority only financial aid?
Because of the soft bigotry of affirmative action.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:55 AM
No, you don't.Sure I do.
Based on what?My charmed white life.

A statistical term. Is there a higher or lower percentage of blacks in the top income brackets than there is in the general population.I'm sure you won't actually look it up.

That's your problem, not mine.It's a cross I'll have to bear as a white person.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Sure I do. My charmed white life.
Well, I guess Barack Obama led a charmed black life. Kind of cancels your logic. Anecdotes are not evidence.

I'm sure you won't actually look it up.
Neither will you.

It's a cross I'll have to bear as a white person.
I guess so.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I suppose legacy admissions still in place today don't imply racial prejudice do you?
Racial? Not necessarily. Would Obama's daughters be eligible for legacy admission at Harvard? Are there legacy admissions at predominantly black schools? I think it has more to do with class than race.

You can argue this as matter as what, but judicial scholars and theory have long validated it over and over. The supreme court has held it up for numerous cases, even with all-white justices against their indirect personal interest. Most have held it is a means to an end. In some places, not so much need.
Doesn't make it right. Racism is racism, no matter to whom it is directed.

Spawn
08-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Are we still not familiar with who are the primary beneficiaries of Affirmative Action? Also, why do people only focus on the racial aspect of it? Oh what am I saying, continue with your fear of a Black planet.

LnGrrrR
08-12-2009, 02:13 AM
I didn't own slaves and I didn't steal any land from Native Americans. It sucks that stuff like that happens but shit happens. And I'm not gonna take the blame or responsiblity for those groups suffering when I had no part in it.

And minorities nowadays had no part in taking money away from you, as they didn't write the legislation :)

Honestly, it seems petty to me to decry benefits for Native Americans by saying, "Hey, I know it was OUR government that stole all your stuff, but they're all dead, so you're screwed."

If you found out that there was a large sum of money that once belonged to your grandfather, would you be mad if the government took it instead of giving it to you? I mean, you didn't EARN that money...

LnGrrrR
08-12-2009, 02:14 AM
I don't know that. There are more poor whites than blacks.

I'd be interested to know if blacks are over or under represented in the top income bracket.

Given that they're over represented in the prison population, and most inmates come from lower-class families, I'm guessing the answer would be no.

Spawn
08-12-2009, 02:16 AM
There is a such things as set-aside programs that are available to Whites who attend a majority minority school. I guess that is reverse reverse racism. :wakeup

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Of course, not every minority gets affirmative action. Some either don't get it because they aren't fortunate enough or they don't want it. Some minorities believe in hard work. I give props to minorities that don't take handouts from uncle sam and work their asses off to get ahead in life. I will never accept responsibility for what happened to Native Americans hundreds of years ago. I wasn't there and I didn't do it. Are you gonna tell me that all Germans are responsible for the Holocaust? You gonna tell me that say a teenager from Germany is responsible for something that happened decades ago? Besides, I'm sure if you did research into your own ancestry, you could probably find out that one of your ancestors was a slave. Does that mean you're entitled to reparations? Fuck no. That wasn't you. You weren't the one that suffered. None of my ancestors owned slaves. My ancestors were poor white people. And yes, you had to be rich to own slaves. A lot of people fail to mention that. I'm not gonna be blamed for shit that happened a long fucking time ago.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Well, I guess Barack Obama led a charmed black life. Kind of cancels your logic. Anecdotes are not evidence.Obama is your anecdote.

Neither will you.I wasn't the one that pretended it was a point in my favor.

I guess so.It's so though being white in America.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 04:46 AM
You have a lot more tolerance with angry morons than I do.

http://www.annelisabeth.com/oldsite/images/pusursite3.jpg

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Obama is your anecdote.
Actually, there are hundreds of thousands of blacks that are leading charmed lives all over this great country. Obama is just the most obvious...being the leader of the free world and all.

I wasn't the one that pretended it was a point in my favor.
I actually asked the question.

rjv
08-12-2009, 09:18 AM

well then by your own nihilistic view you should just deal with the "shit happens" aspect of affirmative action and move on.

Jacob1983
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
That's what I should do. Thanks for the advice. :tu :lol

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Actually, there are hundreds of thousands of blacks that are leading charmed lives all over this great country. Obama is just the most obvious...being the leader of the free world and all.Anecdotes.

I actually asked the question.You stated that you wonder and didn't follow through.