PDA

View Full Version : RJ (and Walton) summer camp

lefty
08-06-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/08/06/nba_20090805_walton_camp.nba/

cnyc3
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
lol here we go

spursfaninla
08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
so i guess he and luke walton are friends.

By the way, RJ sounds like he was raised in a suburb...dude's accent is dexter white.

not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nathan Explosion
08-07-2009, 01:10 AM

By the way, RJ sounds like he was raised in a suburb...dude's accent is dexter white.

RJ talked about his basketball camp with Luke Walton during his interview with Dan Patrick, the first one that is, not the infamous wedding one later on.

angelbelow
08-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Before RJ joined the spurs me and my friends used to always make fun of Walton and RJ. Now I don't find it funny anymore.

KSeal
08-07-2009, 02:23 AM
The signs are so glaring and starring everyone right in the face it's almost scary.

Suddenly canceling weddings, summer camps together, owning houses together...

alchemist
08-07-2009, 03:20 AM
The signs are so glaring and starring everyone right in the face it's almost scary.

:lmao I can't say that I don't agree

Chieflion
08-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Richard Jefferson should see what he is doing to make those rumours spread like fire. Although I have to agree that Jefferson is just very close friends with Walton.

PBEEZY
08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
RJ missed 2 open shots in that vid...he's a bust sack the front office

to21
08-07-2009, 08:22 AM
They made the "connection" when they were teammates in college.

jb4g
08-07-2009, 08:48 AM

:lol i can see where you are coming from there lol

urunobili
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
time to come out... it seems John Amaechi's book didn't do anything for Basketball after all... and i thought they'd feel more comfortable coming out... :lol

it's me
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
They made the "connection" when they were teammates in college.

Were they roommates??? :stirpot:

pressurez
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
It's amazing how immature you morons are.

This is a piece about these guys putting on a camp for kids, about what a solid citizen RJ is. Yet all your little minds are capable of is calling him gay. Over and over again.

I'm not even going to "defend" him about not being gay - which is pretty clear from any interview that touches on his dating. The issue is when you point fingers like children and call someone gay (whether they are or not) you degrade people who actually are. You may not care because your brain is made of cowshit.

But don't you know any gay people? I'm sure you do, all around you. Just like blacks, hispanics, asians, jews, muslims, women, elderly, etc. I've worked with gay doctors who I'm proud to call colleagues and friends, my cousin is a lesbian, my wife has a number of close friends who are gay. Some of the greatest writers, artists, thinkers in the history of mankind were gay. Go explore the world. There are gay people that are losers, just like every other "type", but if you meet some interesting people that happen to be gay hopefully they'll be willing to give your slow little mind the time of day.

hater
08-07-2009, 12:40 PM
a friend told me Walton n RJ tagteamed some chick in Vegas

urunobili
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Gay > Str8

Man In Black
08-07-2009, 02:13 PM

RJ went to Moon Valley High School in Phoenix, AZ. Class of 1998.

Here's is the ethnic breakdown for Moon Valley High today:
Moon Valley High School Student Diversity

* Students by Ethnicity
* White 61 %
* Hispanic 26 %
* Black 7 %
* Asian/Pacific Islander 3 %
* American Indian/Alaskan Native 3 %

* Students by Gender
* Male 53%
* Female 47%

spursfaninla
08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I certainly didn't mean any kind of orientation remark by my comment, I was talking about how white RJ sounds...the numbers where he lived are actually pretty good with latinos, but pretty few blacks, which explains probably why he gained that particular accent.

BTW, i take the linguistic view, which is that everyone has an accent, and there is no accent-less english, only a socially constructed "norm" which is enforced by media.

resistanze
08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Just in case you didn't know, they co-own a house together in San Diego.

:lmao

Spursox
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Gee...I don't know. If Antonio Daniels can have his own camp.

That's just kinda weird. Plus, it looked like to me that Walton didn't even want to be there.

mystargtr34
08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
RJ went to Moon Valley High School in Phoenix, AZ. Class of 1998.

Here's is the ethnic breakdown for Moon Valley High today:
Moon Valley High School Student Diversity

* Students by Ethnicity
* White 61 %
* Hispanic 26 %
* Black 7 %
* Asian/Pacific Islander 3 %
* American Indian/Alaskan Native 3 %

* Students by Gender
* Male 53%
* Female 47%

Shit, i guess im gay too.

SouthTexasRancher
08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Shit, i guess im gay too.

:rollin :lol :rollin :toast

Sisk
08-08-2009, 01:07 AM
It's amazing how immature you morons are.

This is a piece about these guys putting on a camp for kids, about what a solid citizen RJ is. Yet all your little minds are capable of is calling him gay. Over and over again.

I'm not even going to "defend" him about not being gay - which is pretty clear from any interview that touches on his dating. The issue is when you point fingers like children and call someone gay (whether they are or not) you degrade people who actually are. You may not care because your brain is made of cowshit.

But don't you know any gay people? I'm sure you do, all around you. Just like blacks, hispanics, asians, jews, muslims, women, elderly, etc. I've worked with gay doctors who I'm proud to call colleagues and friends, my cousin is a lesbian, my wife has a number of close friends who are gay. Some of the greatest writers, artists, thinkers in the history of mankind were gay. Go explore the world. There are gay people that are losers, just like every other "type", but if you meet some interesting people that happen to be gay hopefully they'll be willing to give your slow little mind the time of day.

? i don't understand the bold part

you must be gay

jaffies
08-08-2009, 01:23 AM
On another note, why is RJ getting schooled by 10-year-olds in Knockout?

Kori Ellis
08-08-2009, 01:24 AM
pressurez is right. This is going to be a long season if every single time the guy is mentioned, you guys go on your homophobic freakouts and junior high jokes.

Unless you are dating RJ, you shouldn't really care if he's gay or straight.

I know I have said this in the last 25 RJ is gay threads, but this kind of crap really needs to stop.

Consider this the last warning.

Thanks.

spursfaninla
08-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I wonder if texas has more homophobes that other places, if it is a sports fan thing, or what?

Because in LA, mostly people don't care (unless they are ultra-christian or mormon or something...

I am glad I am raising my kids in a city where there is more diversity (and acceptance), and I feel bad for my little brother (who is gay) that has to live in a f-ed up, homophobic city... I hope I am selling SA short.

manufan10
08-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Who cares if he's gay. As long as he does what he's paid to do, I don't care what he does on his own time (legally). Seriously, this stuff is getting old. This has been going on during the off-season. I can only imagine the garbage that will start spewing during the regular season. :rolleyes

bigfish22
08-08-2009, 01:53 AM
I used to work at a Footlocker in San Diego and I would always see these two coming into the store in the summertime. They're real close.

timtonymanu
08-08-2009, 02:39 AM
i really dont understand why people think RJ is gay. His doesnt have feminine mannerisms and he just sounds very educated. His voice isnt too deep but alot of men dont have deep voices.

and who cares if he is anyway?

Baseline
08-08-2009, 03:09 AM
I've heard from a couple of girls around LA that Luke gets his share of run with the ladies. He lives around Manhattan Beach, which is a place with a lot of young people, a lot of talent.

The girls I know say he's a nice enough dude, but dumber than a bag of hammers. And in Southern California, that's really saying something. This place is not exactly a High IQ bowl.

You have to understand, though, than LA is like one big high school, and the Lakers are the stars, the jocks of the city. Nobody cares about any Dodgers except Manny, and NOBODY cares about hockey. Even the last guy on the Laker team is a star. It's sickening. When Devean George, as horrible as he was, showed up at a club, people would flip out. It was ridiculous.

See, actors are usually short, so they don't really stand out in a crowd. Basketball players - whole different story. Luke is 6' 8", so he's the tallest guy in any room in town unless a couple of his teammates happen to be there. Players are just really noticeable when they're out.

Never heard anything about RJ, though. He's not an LA dude.

lotr1trekkie
08-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Thank you Kori! It's the world's worst kept secret about Shaq & Kobe: Scotty & MJ; Karl and John etc. etc, etc.!

TimDunkem
08-08-2009, 12:06 PM
i really dont understand why people think RJ is gay. His doesnt have feminine mannerisms and he just sounds very educated. His voice isnt too deep but alot of men dont have deep voices.

and who cares if he is anyway?God forbid you're intelligent, but don't have a deep voice. That RJ must one of dem' homosexuals. :sleep

ploto
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
i really dont understand why people think RJ is gay. His doesnt have feminine mannerisms...

I think your comment is as bad as the juvenile jokes in this thread by your stereotype of a gay man.

The_Game
08-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Of course they are...they went to the same college and played togeather..they are very close

Summers
08-08-2009, 02:38 PM
The girls I know say he's a nice enough dude, but dumber than a bag of hammers. And in Southern California, that's really saying something. This place is not exactly a High IQ bowl.

:lol But in all seriousness, that would surprise me, because Bill is, well, maybe not a mental giant, but bright, I think.

Brutalis
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
RJ's tat is gay. I don't think he is. And even if he is I wouldn't care. But his tat is def gay.

Hooks
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I just hope when it comes time to play the Lakers, RJ bangs them all in the ass :O.

SpurCharger
08-09-2009, 02:52 AM
They Actually played Against each other In A California State High School Championship Game..... They both Attended University Of Arizona, And They Were Best Friends then, And Still Are. I used to Be A Manager at footlocker In Tucson, Az And those Guys were in there every week buying shoes. I Now Live In San Diego, And See Jefferson Alot out here. I think him And Luke Live together In the off season.

lefty
08-09-2009, 03:10 AM
They Actually played Against each other In A California State High School Championship Game..... They both Attended University Of Arizona, And They Were Best Friends then, And Still Are. I used to Be A Manager at footlocker In Tucson, Az And those Guys were in there every week buying shoes. I Now Live In San Diego, And See Jefferson Alot out here. I think him And Luke Live together In the off season.
So they did have experiences together in College

SpurCharger
08-09-2009, 03:13 AM
So they did have experiences together in College
Lol, Not sure On that one. Always Seen Luke With A Nice dime Piece, But RJ Was Always Solo.

lefty
08-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Lol, Not sure On that one. Always Seen Luke With A Nice dime Piece, But RJ Was Always Solo.

Left or right hand?