PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Starting Lineups in the NBA

PaulGreco
08-07-2009, 08:40 AM
LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/15341143/16173476)

Not a bad place to be #2 overall...#1 in the West.

1. Boston Celtics

Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Rasheed Wallace

Notes: The addition of Rasheed Wallace to the starting 5 makes the C's with no holes in the starting 5. Also the Celtics have a top 10 player at each position. Yes, Rondo believe it or not is a top 10 Point Guard.

2. San Antonio Spurs

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Richard Jefferson
Antonio McDyess
Tim Duncan

Notes: Ginobili will be able to start this year considering he will not have to attack as much with the addition of Richard Jefferson. This also gives the spurs a starting 5 with players who at one point or another in the career were all stars or borderline all stars.

3. Los Angeles Lakers

Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum

Notes: Any lineup with Bryant and Gasol will be a top tier lineup. The addition of Ron Artest and the development of Andrew Bynum will be key to the how the Lakers stack up next year.

4. Denver Nuggets

Chauncey Billups
J.R Smith
Carmelo Anthony
Kenyon Martin
Nene

Notes: With Danthay Jones leaving for Indy J.R Smith likely will be inserted into the starting 5. The health of Nene and Martin will key if Nuggets plan on contending next year.

5. Orlando Magic

Jameer Nelson
Mickael Pietrus
Vince Carter
Rashard Lewis
Dwight Howard

Notes: The addition of Carter and the loss of Turkoglu will change the look off the Orlando Magic. Look to see a lot of 2-man game with Carter and Dwight Howard.

6.Cleveland Cavaliers

Maurice Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James
Anderson Varejao
Shaquille Oneal

Notes: The addition of Shaq will make Mo Williams and Delonte West look even better. As for James and Shaq? Well i'm sure everyone saw Shaq and Kobe and Wade and Shaq. Doubt it will be any different with Shaq and LeBron. Lineup would be better without Varejao.

7. Dallas Mavericks

Jason Kidd
Josh Howard
Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki
Eric Dampier

Notes: Lineup may look different when the season starts as look to see the Mavs go back to a run and gun offense with Dirk at the 5 and Marion at the 4.

8. Atlanta Hawks

Mike Bibby
Jamal Crawford
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Al Horford

Notes: Lineup looks more potent than the offense the Atlanta put out against the Cavaliers. Hawks potentially will look for Crawford to come the bench although he is a more than capable starter

9. Utah Jazz

Deron Williams
Ronnie Brewer
Andrei Kirlenko
Carlos Boozer
Memhet Okur

Notes: Look for the Jazz starting 5 to be solid as always. Boozer may be on the move soon which will not matter greatly as Paul Milsap will fill his shoes nicely.

10. Washington Wizards

Gilbert Arenas
Randy Foye
Caron Butler
Antwan Jamison
Brendan Haywood

Notes: If the Wizards can stay healthy they are sleeper team to go deep into the playoffs. The return of Haywood and Arenas, with the addition of Foye will make the Wizards starting 5 look potent this upcoming season.

--PG

mrose31
08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I think Utah is better than Atlanta. I think Portland and New Orleans should be on list instead of Atlanta and Washington. Well Atlanta is a close call not sure.

Portland

Andre Miller
Brandon Roy
Rudy Fernadez
Lamarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden(if healthy?)

New Orleans

Chris Paul
M. Peterson
P. Stojakovic
David West
Emeka Okafor

2Cleva
08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Ginobili starts for rating purposes?

Then put LO in for Fisher and stack lineups.

Rogue
08-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Spurs will have the worst 2nd unit around the league if Manu jumps off the bench.

Jose Ole
08-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Damn, these rosters are sick! Remember the days when teams had one or two super stars at most (I'm thinking NBA Jam here) and a bench full of scrubs... I'm really looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

http://wcuk.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nbajam.jpg

bresilhac
08-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Spurs will have the worst 2nd unit around the league if Manu jumps off the bench.

Get rid of that stupid sig, man. You're being way to optimistic.

SpurCharger
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Why Do People Put Ginobili In the Starting Lineup??? He Hardly ever Starts.... He Is Our bench....

Texas_Ranger
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Wrong. They were the second best team in the west last year, and Manu didn't even play 45% of the games. And I also think that RJ is way better than Finley, and Dyess is also better than Bonner.

At least we've got a better bench than Dallas.

Texas_Ranger
08-07-2009, 09:42 AM
And why do the Mavs have gay photos on their site.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj352/TEXAS_RANGER_2009/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

G-Nob
08-07-2009, 09:58 AM
That lineup aint gonna mean didley unless the spurs revamp their offensive playbook. Gotta have more than 'four down' to get the most out of the weapons.

in2deep
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM

:lmao

Hill
Mason
Blair
Mahinmi
Rattlif
Finley
Bowen :tu
Hairston

PaulGreco
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
And why do the Mavs have gay photos on their site.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj352/TEXAS_RANGER_2009/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

:lmao I think I just pee'd myself a little ... Hey is that Pauly Package in there?

--PG

TMTTRIO
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Actually I think our bench is pretty good this year without Manu coming off of it. George Hill will have one year down and more confidence and I think he can really be the 6th man this year.

lotr1trekkie
08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
It has been and always will be STUPID to have Manu as a starter. Manu as leader of the second unit creates matchup problems for every team in the league. With our stronger bench this year Manu will be overwhelmingly affective. With Tim/Tony/RJ starting there will not be enough shots left over for Manu to be Manu. He is unique and his value goes beyond stats. He will make the second unit the best in the league.

K-State Spur
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't know that I'd have the Spurs #1, but I'd put them ahead of Boston.

Parker > Rondo
Manu > Allen
Jefferson < Pierce
Duncan > KG
Dyess = Sheed

Supergirl
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Cavs and Magic should be higher, Nuggets are too high.

spursfan1000
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM

Except that Kobe dosen't start at PG, Manu does start at SG from time to time, also Manu plays when the game is on the line.

spursfan1000
08-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't know that I'd have the Spurs #1, but I'd put them ahead of Boston.

Parker > Rondo
Manu > Allen
Jefferson < Pierce
Duncan > KG
Dyess = Sheed

Id think that Allen is better than Manu, after watching last years playoffs, Allen leading Boston alot and Manu on the bench.

TIMMYD!
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM

They will have some of the best second units dumbass.:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:i hit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

MAVS SUCK COCK

spursfan1000
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
They will have some of the best second units dumbass.:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:i hit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

MAVS SUCK COCK

Mavs suck cock :toast

JustBlaze
08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
4. Denver Nuggets

Chauncey Billups
J.R Smith
Carmelo Anthony
Kenyon Martin
Nene

Notes: With Danthay Jones leaving for Indy J.R Smith likely will be inserted into the starting 5. The health of Nene and Martin will key if Nuggets plan on contending next year.

K-Wart, there's our weak link.

UnWantedTheory
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Id think that Allen is better than Manu, after watching last years playoffs, Allen leading Boston alot and Manu on the bench.

I'll take Manu as of today if he is healthy. Ray has got him by a couple years I believe. (Ray in prime > Gino in prime.....but that is not the case.)

mystargtr34
08-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I think Perkins starts for Boston, and Manu will come off the bench. That probably changes things a little.

mystargtr34
08-07-2009, 07:50 PM

The difference is the Lakers cant play with their best 5 players in the same line up, where as the Spurs can.

A better comparison might have been best closing line-ups, but i think we had that one recently.

ploto
08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't see how New Orleans is not in the top 10.

Spurs da champs
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
They have no 2 every team on that list has a decent 2 or above.

Chieflion
08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Take Sheed out and put Perkins in. He is better than Sheed.