PDA

View Full Version : George Strait - Houston

Soul_Patch
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
My wife won us tickets to go see George Strait tomorrow night in Houston. Called in on the radio this morning and got lucky i guess.

My question is, can anyone suggest somewhere to go afterward to watch the UFC fights? This is a card i was looking forward to for a while, so i dont want to miss it!

Glad to get the opportunity to get away with the wife, but dont want to miss the fights.

bus driver
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
:toast

downtown houston has tons of cool places. cant remember the name but there is a club across from the grey hound and they usually have good cover bands. the place gets crazy!

dougp
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
:toast

downtown houston has tons of cool places. cant remember the name but there is a club across from the grey hound and they usually have good cover bands. the place gets crazy!

That would be Sammy's - the Spazmatics are there on Thursday, they're awesome but I'm not sure on their other groups. I'm pretty sure Saint Dane's will be showing the UFC stuff, they're downtown - http://www.saintdanes.com/

I'd also say you could try the Flying Saucer, but I doubt they'll have UFC on.

Soul_Patch
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info, ill look that up.

bugoy
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
That would be Sammy's - the Spazmatics are there on Thursday, they're awesome but I'm not sure on their other groups. I'm pretty sure Saint Dane's will be showing the UFC stuff, they're downtown - http://www.saintdanes.com/

I'd also say you could try the Flying Saucer, but I doubt they'll have UFC on.
i was just there last night

Soul_Patch
08-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Saint Danes was F'ing terrible. A converted auto repair garage it seemed, there was no AC, just open garage doors, fans that were set on whatever setting is below, low...and it smelled like someone had just dumped garbage all over the floor and pissed on it.

They had a lot of TV's, but only one source of sound so it made for shitty TV watching.

All in all i wouldnt ever go back. We didnt order any drinks, because i was affraid they may make me smell like whatever was currently infesting that shit hole..

Sorry bro, i took your advice, but i dont think, even with just the boys, i would ever think that place was worth a shit...Definately not somewhere you take a date, much less your wife. 40 dollar cab ride (there and back) wasted, we watched one fight and bailed.

mrsmaalox
08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
But how was King George?? :spin

Soul_Patch
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
The concert was great. I didnt know fully what it was all about.

Started at 530 with Julianne Hough

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/database/juliannehough/julianne_hough300.jpg

Yum!

then Blake Shelton, who i hadnt heard of, but recognized his songs...

the Sugarland, who put on a really good show, i was very impressed.

Then George Strait at the end. He was his normal self, not much of a performer, but the songs were of course, fantastic, so we had a great time.

Udokafan05
08-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I went to a Brad Paisley concert earlier this year and Hough was suppose to perform but i think she had Dancing With Stars. Joe Nichols put on a great concert at AT&T Center last Sunday, and it was probably best one i have ever been to.

dougp
08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Saint Danes was F'ing terrible. A converted auto repair garage it seemed, there was no AC, just open garage doors, fans that were set on whatever setting is below, low...and it smelled like someone had just dumped garbage all over the floor and pissed on it.

They had a lot of TV's, but only one source of sound so it made for shitty TV watching.

All in all i wouldnt ever go back. We didnt order any drinks, because i was affraid they may make me smell like whatever was currently infesting that shit hole..

Sorry bro, i took your advice, but i dont think, even with just the boys, i would ever think that place was worth a shit...Definately not somewhere you take a date, much less your wife. 40 dollar cab ride (there and back) wasted, we watched one fight and bailed.

Really? Never had that problem there, my wife's cousins friend owns it. I can tell you that pretty much anywhere you go you'd be paying $10 cover or so. Sorry that I led you somewhere bad :(

Soul_Patch
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM
No offense to you, it was worth a shot, just a bad choice for us...