PDA

View Full Version : TP's interview: "i was angry"

kace
08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090807_172658_parker-pas-aller-trop-vite.html

i'm going to translate. at least now it's clear coming from TP's mouth.

Tony, how did you live this forced trip to SA ?

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit. In SA, the Spurs staff saw my ankle was fine.

Do you think you went back in SA for nothing ?

This story will help the french NT in his relationship with the NBA teams. I went to SA with the osteopath, Fabrice Gauthier, who kept on treating me on the plane. In SA, the spurs medical staff let Gauthier work and checked his method. The spurs were convinced about the quality of the french medical staff. After an examination, they asked me to train normally. I said them that i won't come back. If it's to hear that everything is OK, what's the point of all this ? If i kept on treating in France instead of going to SA, i could have played in Italy.

After that, he talks about the french NT and says he has to fit in this team who was good against Italy.

Will you play against Finland, saturday in Pau ?

It's a big game, but there is a very big one against Italy in height days too. and if we suceed, there will be the finals (2 games end of august) and the nine games of the Euro in Poland. I have to think about a progressive come back. i'm tired from the 30 hours of flight in five days. I'll try friday night with an intensive training. If my ankle isn't swelled, i'll play against Finland. The spurs would like me to miss this game too. we'll see. what is sure is that i won't play 40 minutes. I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain.

Malice
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090807_172658_parker-pas-aller-trop-vite.html

i'm going to translate. at least now it's clear coming from TP's mouth.

Tony, how did you live this forced trip to SA ?

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit. In SA, the Spurs staff saw my ankle was fine.

Estimez-vous y être allé pour rien ?
Cet épisode va aider l'équipe de France dans ses relations avec les clubs NBA. Je suis parti à San Antonio avec l'ostéopathe Fabrice Gauthier, qui a poursuivi les soins dans l'avion. Arrivé là-bas, le staff médical des Spurs a laissé Gauthier travailler et a observé sa méthode. Comme il est le seul à m'avoir manipulé, il a pu expliquer les soins prodigués. Les Spurs ont été convaincus de la grande qualité du staff médical de l'équipe de France. Après un examen de contrôle, ils m'ont donc demandé de m'entraîner normalement. Je leur ai dit que je ne reviendrai pas. Si c'est pour m'entendre dire que tout va bien, à quoi bon ? Si j'avais poursuivi les soins au lieu de voyager, j'aurais pu jouer en Italie.

Avez-vous suivi la victoire de l'équipe de France en Italie ?
Quand je suis arrivé à San Antonio, j'ai appris les forfaits de (Joseph) Gomis et (Mamoutou) Diarra, l'incertitude qui pesait sur la participation de (Ronny) Turiaf. Heureusement tout s'est bien passé, la jeune génération a bien aidé les anciens. Je suivais l'évolution du score sur l'ordinateur. Et puis, dans la nuit de jeudi à vendredi, j'en ai profité pour voir le match à la vidéo. L'équipe a réalisé un très bon match. Il se joue à rien, quand l'Italie mène de quatre points avec la balle de +7 en mains. Mais la roue tourne. On a mis des shoots qu'on ne réussit pas tous les jours.

«C'est à moi de me fondre dans ce groupe»

Comment voyez-vous votre retour dans cette équipe de France qui a su gagner sans vous ?
C'est à moi de me fondre dans ce groupe qui vient de réaliser une grosse performance. L'objectif n'a pas changé: on doit arriver à tous bien jouer en même temps. Le jour où Batum, Flo Pietrus, Diaw, moi, enfin tous, nous parviendrons à mettre beaucoup d'agressivité, on pourra prétendre à quelque chose de grand. Mais on connaît nos difficultés à enchaîner les gros matches. La Finlande et l'Italie à Pau nous offrent l'occasion d'y parvenir. Pour ma part, je dois juste penser à m'insérer dans le collectif, à me remettre en forme. Je suis serein mais je ne veux pas aller trop vite.

Serez-vous sur le terrain contre la Finlande, samedi à Pau ?
Il s'agit d'un gros match, mais il y en a un très gros dans huit jours contre l'Italie (le 14 août à Pau). Et si nous nous qualifions, il y aura la finale du repêchage (les 27 et 30 août) et les neuf rencontres de l'Euro en Pologne. Je dois penser à un retour progressif. Je suis rentré fatigué par les 30 heures de voyage en cinq jours. Je vais me tester vendredi soir lors d'un entraînement intensif. Si ma cheville ne gonfle pas, je pourrai jouer contre la Finlande. Les Spurs aimeraient que je ne participe pas à ce match, on verra. Je ne jouerai pas 40 minutes, c'est sûr. Je ressens encore une gêne normale après une entorse.»

I have no idea what this article says, but if he's "angry" or bitching he needs to STFU.

And remember who signs your damn checks.:ihit

ploto
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Not good, Tony.

Dr Cox
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
i love the national pride for players but you need to do what the team who pays you says, its fine to play on your own, but without an nba career, hes nuthing compared to what he is now,

i know people are going ot argue that, but

spurs and being healthy in your last years to play with the greatist powerforward ever is no 1 priority !

z0sa
08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
What's your point?

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
i have always thought tony parker was cocky, imagine if we never had ginobili or timmy i think he would be a different person, and who knows what kind of personality hell have after timmy leaves! if you pay attention to some of the older comments as well he comes off kinda penisy haha

sonic21
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
i have always thought tony parker was cocky, imagine if we never had ginobili or timmy i think he would be a different person, and who knows what kind of personality hell have after timmy leaves! if you pay attention to some of the older comments as well he comes off kinda penisy haha

cool story

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
i know im going to get all sorts of shit for this, but i was watching the 09 allstar weekeknd last night, and god tony sucked at that pg, challenge! if he keeps talking shit it would be nice to package him up w, someone and get derrick rose! hahaha i know i know its not gonna happen

kace
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
What's your point?

My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position. FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.

and now, i'm sure i will see some TP bashing for him saying what he really feels (you know, the same ones who praises him for his true speaking usually).

the fact is that TP, even if he disagreed clearly, went back to SA.
for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).

raspsa
08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, so much for the "maturity" Tony supposedly exercised during the whole incident.. just because he can give an interview doesn't mean he has to.

Bambililos
08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
i know im going to get all sorts of shit for this, but i was watching the 09 allstar weekeknd last night, and god tony sucked at that pg, challenge! if he keeps talking shit it would be nice to package him up w, someone and get derrick rose! hahaha i know i know its not gonna happen

Oh yeah, that would be great! This way we finally would have someone to perform great in a meaningless ASW event! :rolleyes

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 11:08 AM
im sorry did you miss the bulls playoffs?

kace
08-07-2009, 11:10 AM
i love the national pride for players but you need to do what the team who pays you says, its fine to play on your own, but without an nba career, hes nuthing compared to what he is now,

obviously, TP agreed with you since he came back to SA as asked. that doesn't mean he was pleased, and i think we could understand that.

anonoftheinternets
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, that would be great! This way we finally would have someone to perform great in a meaningless ASW event! :rolleyes

lol owned ...

ploto
08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).

Then he would have said- I was disappointed at having to fly back to SA and miss the game with Italy, but I understood the Spurs' concerns.

anakha
08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Parker-bashing and a trade call in less than 10 replies. Cool.

Death In June
08-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Well, to be fair, Manu bashing was at all time high when he went down playing for Argentina and he did it without the spoiled, overprivileged attitude of Parker. Dude is a chump for not expecting an overzealous medical staff after what happened to Manu.

kace
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Parker-bashing and a trade call in less than 10 replies. Cool.

maybe i shouldn't have put the "i was angry" thing in the title, knowing what kind of blind reaction that could bring against TP. but since it was a hot discussion topic for days, i'm happy everything is clear now.

the worst thing is that for being too cautious, the spurs could have put even more tiredness and pressure on TP, preventing him to heal quietly, as he obviously thinks.

sonic21
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
manu vs tony thread

:stirpot:

Nathan Explosion
08-07-2009, 11:16 AM
obviously, TP agreed with you since he came back to SA as asked. that doesn't mean he was pleased, and i think we could understand that.

What was there to be mad about though? He saw first hand what happens when a teammmate plays when not fully healed. The Spurs did not want another situation like last year with Gino.

He came back, that is true. But he needs to understand why he had to come back instead of being angry about it.

kace
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
manu vs tony thread

:stirpot:

manu and tony are on the same side here. The NT's one. even if their situation, in many regards, isn't the same.

Bender
08-07-2009, 11:18 AM
looks like tony is turning into a dick. that's what stardom & media attention do I guess.

sonic21
08-07-2009, 11:19 AM
manu and tony are on the same side here. The NT's one. even if their situation, in many regards, isn't the same.

i was just saying that because of Death In June post

anakha
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Eh, I still think this is all overblown anyway.

Did it suck that he got hurt? Sure.

Were the Spurs justified in wanting to ensure he was OK? Yup.

Is it natural for Parker to be frustrated over missing a potentially crucial game? I'd say so.

Did he go against the Spurs' wishes when they asked him to return? No.

And I'm not touching the 'NT vs Spurs' argument with a 10-foot pole. :lol

kace
08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
i was just saying that because of Death In June post

oh sorry. i knew this kind of remarks would come here, since for many members, the NBA and the Spurs can't be wrong.

still, i'm happy with Tony's behaviour. He came back, showing his respect for the spurs, but made it clear that it was useless and he didn't agree.

Manu didn't follow the spurs' will, being in a very worse medical situation than tony (age, previous injury...). but the behaviour is comparable between them. and that's great for me.

350slk
08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Stay in France and eat the fries then.
Trade his ass.

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
What was there to be mad about though? He saw first hand what happens when a teammmate plays when not fully healed. The Spurs did not want another situation like last year with Gino.

He came back, that is true. But he needs to understand why he had to come back instead of being angry about it.

exactly, first he goes out there and gets another ankle injury, but in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!! if anything pop should be mad, unlike his FRENCH team the SPURS DO HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING IT ALL!!!!

spursfan09
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Diva

Seriously I love Tony Parker, but he's always been frank and this time it actually got on my nerves.

ploto
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
but made it clear that it was useless and he didn't agree.

It wasn't useless- that is the whole point. There were valid reasons for it. Just because it turned out OK does not make it useless.

He just needs to quit bitching about it. The Spurs were nice and released a statement appreciating his cooperation, and this is his response.

anakha
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
exactly, first he goes out there and gets another ankle injury, but in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!! if anything pop should be mad, unlike his FRENCH team the SPURS DO HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING IT ALL!!!!

Kindly point me to where said FO bashing occurred. Thanks.

:rolleyes

kace
Eh, I still think this is all overblown anyway.

Did it suck that he got hurt? Sure.

Is it natural for Parker to be frustrated over missing a potentially crucial game? I'd say so.

Did he go against the Spurs' wishes when they asked him to return? No.

And I'm not touching the 'NT vs Spurs' argument with a 10-foot pole. :lol

basically, you're right. not a big deal there. but there are 2 points you forget:

1- If France lost against Italy, it could have fucked the french campaign for the Euro when TP could have maybe helped (we'll never know, and maybe we will fail with him...). now, the trip has tired him even more and may be delayed his healing and come back.

2- the french medias were right about the situation.

Chingo Bling
That puto. He wasn't complaining when He and Eva came over and I made them dinner. We had Frensh Fries, Frensh toast, Frensh bread, Croissants, some pinche snails that took me all day to find, and Frensh dip sangwishes.

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Tony has always been outspoken, so this is no surprise. I'm very glad for their win over Italy, or this could have festered more than it already has.

People need to understand that there are legitimate gripes on both sides. Hopefully they can sit down like adults after Tony comes back and talk it out. Enough with the insults and trade talk.

Brazil
08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Trade his ass.

The gang of 20 posts count in action... lol

Do you register here just for bashing TP ? honnest question

anakha
08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Watching the morons crawl out of the woodwork is always funny.

spursfan09
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Tony has always been outspoken, so this is no surprise. I'm very glad for their win over Italy, or this could have festered more than it already has.

People need to understand that there are legitimate gripes on both sides. Hopefully they can sit down like adults after Tony comes back and talk it out. Enough with the insults and trade talk.

Tony's the one instigating more drama, by moving his mouth. I understand he's angry, but he doesn't have to talk to the media about it.

kace
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
It wasn't useless- that is the whole point. There were valid reasons for it. Just because it turned out OK does not make it useless.

He just needs to quit bitching about it. The Spurs were nice and released a statement appreciating his cooperation, and this is his response.

his response is to say that it will help the relationship between the french NT and the spurs. very reasonable.

don't let you influenced too much by my title, which was clearly made to make some members here shut up about what was true or not.

TP's interview, even if he said he was angry, was rather diplomatic.

i think it shows greater respect to make a thing when you disagree than when you agree. here, TP still came back when not only he disagreed, but he didn't have to considering the NBA rules.

if that doesn't show his dedication to the spurs, i don't know what will then.

ambchang
08-07-2009, 11:39 AM
At least we can say Parker is honest.

But I would be ticked off if I was Parker as well, from Parker's perspective, the FO showed an amount of distrust not only towards the FT medical staff, but also Parker himself. He thought, "I already told you I am fine, what is the problem? Are you saying I am lying?", but the FO was mainly just to get a second opinion and make sure that everything is OK.

Finally, it never fails, someone has to bring up Manu to bash Tony, way to bring up the team concept, folks.

ploto
08-07-2009, 11:42 AM
...from Parker's perspective, the FO showed an amount of distrust not only towards the FT medical staff, but also Parker himself.

With historical basis

Libri
08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
and now, i'm sure i will see some TP bashing for him saying what he really feels (you know, the same ones who praises him for his true speaking usually).

Wouldn't it have been better for TP to be a little more tactful when talking to the media. If he is displeased, he has a right to tell it to the Spurs but the more you keep it in private the better.

kace
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Wouldn't it have been better for TP to be a little more tactful when talking to the media. If he is displeased, he has a right to tell it to the Spurs but the more you keep it in private the better.

he is the way he is. but honestly, he didn't say anything too hard. "i was angry about this obligation". basically, that was all. and he was right IMO.

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Kindly point me to where said FO bashing occurred. Thanks.

Honestly, I don't understand this decision, because of all the tests done with the French doctors and the Spurs," he said. "I regret what is going (on). I am obligated to follow what my (NBA) club wanted me to do, but I hope to come back as soon as possible to participate in the qualification with the French national team."

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit.

I said them that i won't come back. If it's to hear that everything is OK, what's the point of all this ? If i kept on treating in France instead of going to SA, i could have played in Italy.

i would say hes aggressively questioning the f.o wouldnt you?, if he wasnt would this thread be here? no and i dont think people are over reacting, if your a spurs fan this lifts your eyebrow a bit.

picnroll
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
... "i could have played in Italy."

Will you play against Finland, saturday in Pau ?
.... "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain."

Great news. The guy several days later still feeels discomfort from the sprain but still would have played several days earlier when the ankle was probably significatly worse and more swollen. He's so anxious to play for France he'll do stupid things. Spurs know this and need to step in to keep the child from scrweing up himself and the Spurs $80 million dollar season.

Rapper
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Tony you soft

anakha
08-07-2009, 11:51 AM
-excerpt-

Still not seeing where he actually bashed the FO. All I see is him not being happy with that particular decision.

MB20
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
:deadhorse

kace
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Great news. The guy several days later still feeels discomfort from the sprain but still would have played several days earlier when the ankle was probably significatly worse and more swollen. He's so anxious to play for France he'll do stupid things. Spurs know this and need to step in to keep the child from scrweing up himself and the Spurs $80 million dollar season.

Players play through discomfort and little injuries all the year. ALL THE YEAR.

but yeah, the NBA teams are paying them, so it's not the same thing. that's where we disagree.

the great thing about it is that now, the over cautious spurs staff has given tony the green light. and if, very unfortunately, he reinjured himself (same or other injury), the french staff couldn't be criticized since the spurs one had the same opinion. though, it wouldn't prevent the spurs to probably stop any green light for manu or tony to play with their NT in the future.

Agloco
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I have no idea what this article says, but if he's "angry" or bitching he needs to STFU.

And remember who signs your damn checks.:ihit

Ideally generosity should be repaid with generosity.

In this case I'm sure the Spurs would settle for Tony humoring them while they take a closer look at their 66 million dollar investment.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Tony is perfectly justified in being upset, just as the Spurs' concerns were justified. I think there should have been a better contingency plan that could have kept him in Europe.

Bruno
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Video of Parker press conference (for french speaking posters):
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3dhr_20090807-parker_sport

You can also find other interviews and a video of this morning's practice here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/pau-orthez_com

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.

sonic21
08-07-2009, 12:00 PM

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.

do we know if larry brown will come back?

SonOfAGun
08-07-2009, 12:01 PM
This would not be a big deal IF EVERYONE IN SAN ANTONIO DID NOT JUST WATCH MANU SIT OUT ALMOST AN ENTIRE SEASON BECAUSE OF THIS SAME BULLSHIT.

If Manu's injury was 2 or 3 seasons ago, it woudn't be a big deal for Tony to be taking on the risk. But being so fresh, and the Spurs just put all the chips on the table and Tony is doing this? WTF Frenchie?

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Tony's the one instigating more drama, by moving his mouth. I understand he's angry, but he doesn't have to talk to the media about it.

In France Tony has to say he is not happy with the Spurs decision.
People here would not understand if he was OK not to play for his NT.
NBA players here are not loved as you would expect. They are always suspected to be divas playing only for money and having no respect for the French jersey.

Basically, if he doesn't speak to the media, people here will consider he agrees with the Spurs.

I would not read too much in what Parker says to the French media. I don't know how is the situation with the Spurs, but I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.

benefactor
08-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Tony is perfectly justified in being upset, just as the Spurs' concerns were justified. I think there should have been a better contingency plan that could have kept him in Europe.
Indeed...and it was established a long time ago that he was upset. This thread is pointless.

kace
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM

interesting video. some more news from TP than in the writen article.

he says he didn't want to talk about the situation because of the respect he has for the french NT (which was still working), and the spurs (which he couldn't yet talk to i guess).

he said again he was angry but he understands the spurs behaviour with all the money they put in this season. especially after the manu situation last years.

still, he doesn't understand their choice since they made him train very normally to test him and he could have made it in france. he said the spurs were a little sorry for him, especially when the spurs saw the injury was very minor. but he said the spurs are the boss and he choose to obey.

Bruno
08-07-2009, 12:10 PM

do we know if larry brown will come back?

I don't know. Brown said that he wasn't sure to come back when he left the NT because Bobcats were on the verge of being sold and because he wanted to spend some time with his family.

I'm also quite sure that Pop won't spend all his time in the the south west of the France at watching basketball. :jekka

Nathan Explosion
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
interesting video. some more news from TP than in the writen article.

he says he didn't want to talk about the situation because of the respect he has for the french NT (which was still working), and the spurs (which he couldn't yet talk to i guess).

he said again he was angry but he understands the spurs behaviour with all the money they put in this season. especially after the manu situation last years.

still, he doesn't understand their choice since they made him train very normally to test him and he could have made it in france. he said the spurs were a little sorry for him, especially when the spurs saw the injury was very minor. but he said the spurs are the boss and he choose to obey.

You see, if you quote the whole thing, you avoid situations like these. Seeing that he understands why his NBA team was so cautious with him and wanted to look things over is great. I (as well as Pop I bet) also like seeing that he understands where his bread is buttered right now, to the tune of $66 million.

Brazil
08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.

Exactly, I think TP is very very concerned by showing a good image of him regarding the French NT.

We all forget a lot of things about TP, he is a pure product of the French federation of BB, he knows some of the guys of the French Federation since he is 16 years old, he has been raised in a context where French NTs are everything like in football, for a french soccer player there is NOTHING more important than winning something with the NT: his best buddies are soccer players, these guys like T. Henry will take one world cup over 10 champions league with their team.

IMHO he is angry but he is exagerating a litle bit to preserve his image not for the media but for his friends, family, his fans in France...

Dex

MB20
It´s all Manu´s fault !

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Ahem...

i have always thought tony parker was cocky

Well, so much for the "maturity" Tony supposedly exercised during the whole incident...

the spoiled, overprivileged attitude of Parker.

looks like tony is turning into a dick. that's what stardom & media attention do I guess.

Trade his ass.

Diva

in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!!

This is the beginning of the end for the marriage between Parker and the Spurs...BOOK IT.

I won't be surprised if Parker has a "down year" or the relationship between him and pop deteriorates to a point that Parker will have to be traded...

:hat

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
IMHO he is angry but he is exagerating a litle bit to preserve his image not for the media but for his friends, family, his fans in France...
His endorsements, the development of french basketball, the money he put in the ASVEL...
He has a lot of good reason to preserve his image

kace
08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Interesting thing about Mahinmi too:

TP said he thought Ian was brought in the NTfor some strecht, for 5-6 minutes where he could bring his energy, defense, blocked shots and stuff like that. He said that it's good because that's what the spurs are waiting from him this year. tony said Ian has a good SL and now need to work well in training camp in order to earn some minutes in the very loaded spurs roster.

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by anakha http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3618544#post3618544)

are u one of those old women that wear a pink t.p jersey? if so i understand now
:sleep

kace
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM

His endorsements, the development of french basketball, the money he put in the ASVEL...
He has a lot of good reason to preserve his image

don't think so. he was really angry and upset but respected spurs decision. nothing more than that, IMO. don't forget he said by phone his vexation to the french manager. no "diplomatic reasons" to say that then. that's what he felt.

Libri
08-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't know how is the situation with the Spurs, but I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.

Tony: "Say Pop. I'm alright with coming over. Can I keep face here by telling them that your decision was crap?"
Pop: "Sure, no problem. Just don't forget that bottle of Chateau Lafite or else you will witness my wrath."

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
are u one of those old women that wear a pink t.p jersey? if so i understand now

:lmao at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.

Brazil
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Tony: "Say Pop. I'm alright with coming over. Can I keep face here by telling them that your decision was crap?"
Pop: "Sure, no problem. Just don't forget that bottle of Chateau Lafite or else you will witness my wrath."

:toast
it would be great...

spursfan09
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
:lmao at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.

Oh i get it. Only parker is able to display anger and disapointment in the media, but fans of his can't do it on a message board. That just makes us Parker bashers :rolleyes

hater
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
will we be able to watch Parker n Mahinmi online???

please post some links.

good for them to be representing their team. LOL at the haters

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh i get it. Only parker is able to display anger and disapointment in the media, but fans of his can't do it on a message board. That just makes us Parker bashers :rolleyes

Defensive much?

Considering you went ahead and called Parker a diva without even knowing the full contents of the interview... :lol

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
not that i have nothing to stand on, but i dont see how you think his attitude comes off as normal. thats all! and your calling everyone a moron for disagreeing with you.

Libri
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
it would be great...

spursfan09
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Defensive much?

Considering you went ahead and called Parker a diva without even knowing the full contents of the interview... :lol

What? he's angry and expressing it to the French media, how is that not knowing the contents of the interview?

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
not that i have nothing to stand on, but i dont see how you think his attitude comes off as normal. thats all! and your calling everyone a moron for disagreeing with you.

You started calling for a trade and accusing Parker of bashing the FO without knowing the full facts, then the full interview just showed he did no such thing. That's not disagreeing with me, that's taking 1 + 1 and getting 5.

Yup, I'd say you definitely fit the definition of a moron.

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
shes obviously retarted, theres no arguing with her!

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM
What? he's angry and expressing it to the French media, how is that not knowing the contents of the interview?

Have you even checked the links?

The article shows part of the inteview only. Which certain people immediately jumped on.

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
don't think so. he was really angry and upset but respected spurs decision. nothing more than that, IMO. don't forget he said by phone his vexation to the french manager. no "diplomatic reasons" to say that then. that's what he felt.

I am not saying he was not upset (I think he was). Just that he had to make it public.
Tony is clearly trying to reach another status here in France. He was in Cannes, fort boyard (a TV show), on all the french media with Eva, he invests money in the ASVEL... he clearly wants to be a superstar here.
I am 100% sure everything he says to the TV, newspaper... his calculated.

I think Tony is sincere when he says he loves playing for France. You just have to see him play to know he gives everything when he plays for France.
But he is also a businessman now. He can't afford to say the exact truth.

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
shes obviously retarted, theres no arguing with her!

Ah, we now have the personal insults - the last resort when someone has no argument at all.

lennyalderette
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
i was joking about tony for derrick rose chill out old lady! and plenty of people are upset at his comments, just read the thread! what are you his mother? take your power ranger ass to get some valium!!

anakha
08-07-2009, 12:45 PM
i was joking about tony for derrick rose chill out old lady! and plenty of people are upset at his comments, just read the thread! what are you his mother? take your power ranger ass to get some valium!!

Ah, we now have the personal insults - the last resort when someone has no argument at all.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
When Duncan bad-mouthed the FIBA refs for officiating in a way that wasn't to his liking, few people called him classless or started revving up trade-checker engines. People saw it for what it was -- an expression of frustration -- and moved on. Same with Fin... he said some retarded things about Bruce's fine work in his Mav days, but nobody said anything about them when he chose to sign with us. Why? Because they were words of passion, and they were understood as such.

Parker just endured a restless period of medical examinations and jetlag-tastic travel over a short span of days only to demonstrate to his employers that the French NT's doctors opinions were in accord with the Spurs' doctors. At no point does he give the impression that he doesn't understand the FO's concern, he's just venting because it was a huge PITA for him.

I side with our FO's reluctance to trust the NT's doctors, but given they honestly assessed Parker's injuries, all that travel is like knowing you turned off the oven, then going out, then getting a frantic call from your wife insisting you go home and make sure the oven is off. PITFA.

Da Spurs
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
It seems like this could have been handled better. Do they not have MRI machines in France? A simple email of the scan would have confirmed the French doctors diagnosis and the Spurs could have saved a lot of travel wear and tear on Tony. I think the Spurs thought that once they got him back to San Antonio, he wouldn't want to go back to France. Wrong!

kace
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
It seems like this could have been handled better. Do they not have MRI machines in France? A simple email of the scan would have confirmed the French doctors diagnosis and the Spurs could have saved a lot of travel wear and tear on Tony. I think the Spurs thought that once they got him back to San Antonio, he wouldn't want to go back to France. Wrong!

300 medical images were sent to the spurs. 300

and i think the Bruno's theory could be the right one. The spurs wanted him to miss the Italy's game. and the best way to make it sure was to make him go back to SA.

now, TP said they could ask him to miss the game tomorrow.

timaios
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
La plupart des fans des Spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : laisse courir.

Remarque, c'est un bon moyen pour mettre son "ignore list" à jour.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
The only reason any of this is even being played up is because its the dead middle of summer and there is nothing else to talk about. Manufactured drama.

Da Spurs
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM

and i think the Bruno's theory could be the right one. The spurs wanted him to miss the Italy's game. and the best way to make it sure was to make him go back to SA.

Then I'd be angry too if I were Parker. Seems like they could have just ordered him not to play a game instead of all that travel bullshit.

spursfan1000
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Well damn, didnt he see what happened last year with Manu Ginobili? He's getting paid to play, not to be injured for playing in another country...

Calavera
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
:tu
The only reason any of this is even being played up is because its the dead middle of summer and there is nothing else to talk about. Manufactured drama.

DMX7
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I am more angry.

UnWantedTheory
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Retarded...

spursfan1000
08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Retarded...

What a great 1st post.

UnWantedTheory
08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
We do anything to start shit with whoever is willing to eat it a bit.

Bukefal
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Of course now everyone comes hating on international players playing for their NT. It's not good yeah, but it will pass and I hope France can make it to Poland.

UnWantedTheory
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
What a great 1st post.
Technically it isnt my first...just havnt been on in quite some time. One forgets things that arent really important.

14dave
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
La plupart des fans des spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : Laisse courir.

+1

rogcl1
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM

So if we somehow swung a deal for the winner of the skills challenge then we would have the perfect point guard? Nonesense. I'm not ragging on you for suggesting a trade for Rose , but to associate real game value to that cheesy skills contest is absurd.

rogcl1
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position. FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.

Tony has always been outspoken a bit, and he has a strong , feisty spirit about him. That strong spirit is what keeps him getting up time after time after getting knocked down in the lane or has him take over a game for a period of time . It also has him making off the cuff comments and as far as I am concerned he can speak as he wishes. It means nothing.
The Spurs were dead on in checking him out though.

anakha
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Technically it isnt my first...just havnt been on in quite some time. One forgets things that arent really important.

Technically, it is. You only started posting today.

phxspurfan
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I see this as very siple; the Spurs are protecting Tony from himself.

It happens all the time -- heck in last week's Sunday Night Baseball game Chad Billingsley wanted to keep pitching after tweaking a hamstring in the 5th inning. Joe Torre wouldn't let him continue (protected him from himself) and Bills got mad about it.

The athlete will get over it. It's better than risking a reinjury.

rogcl1
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I see this as very siple; the Spurs are protecting Tony from himself.

It happens all the time -- heck in last week's Sunday Night Baseball game Chad Billingsley wanted to keep pitching after tweaking a hamstring in the 5th inning. Joe Torre wouldn't let him continue (protected him from himself) and Bills got mad about it.

The athlete will get over it. It's better than risking a reinjury.

Yes, I would be more concerned if Tony did not want to play in situations like this.

ducks
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Not good, Tony.

why
he followed spurs advise
manu did not
manu paid by not getting extension

ducks
08-07-2009, 02:16 PM

good
I think spurs and tp are fine
but tp was pissed as anyone here would be if they were tp
tp told the truth and did not lie
I respect him more for that

I would rather no pro play in these games
even for other countries

kace
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
La plupart des fans des Spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : laisse courir.

mais ça n'est pas toi qui a passé je sais pas combien de posts à argumenter à propos des clichés ridicules que certains avaient balancés sur les français (sales, lâches etc etc) ? ça c'était vraiment du temps perdu sur un sujet inutile.

mais sur le fond, t'as pas complètement tort ;)

Solid D
08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Nobody is going to be happy about having to travel 30+ hours, cranky with a sore foot. I still wonder if Parker would have overlooked the pain to compete versus Italy, if he wasn't asked to come to SA. The competitive juices flow in situations like that.

The problem is..as Tony admitted "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain". Although that statement was not in context with the Italy game, it still states the stark truth.

timaios
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
mais ça n'est pas toi qui a passé je sais pas combien de posts à argumenter à propos des clichés ridicules que certains avaient balancés sur les français (sales, lâches etc etc) ? ça c'était vraiment du temps perdu sur un sujet inutile.

mais sur le fond, t'as pas complètement tort ;)

La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça :lol) avec des sujets dont je sais très bien qu'ils vont amener plus d'intolérance et donc de bétise.

Et dans ce genre de "threads", il y a ensuite des remarques xénophobes... et tu sais ce que j'en pense. :depressed

Tu en lis une, tu laisses passer, deux... trois... quinze... et à un moment tu te sens obligé de répondre et cela ne fait qu'empirer les choses.

Et je pense que le racisme ou la xénophobie sont des sujets plus importants que le fait de savoir si Tony Parker est énervé ou pas.

Death In June
08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
:lmao at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.If you don't expect the medical staff to protect their multi million dollar investment, you're a moron. Call people out for overreacting, but don't be a banana rider. It's embarrassing.

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça :lol)
Fils de discussion

Typhoon
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

timaios
08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Fils de discussion

Merci. Je ne passe pas assez de temps sur des forum français. :p:

rayray2k8
08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
just stfu tony and be ready for training camp. :rolleyes

anakha
08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
If you don't expect the medical staff to protect their multi million dollar investment, you're a moron.

Like I said earlier in the thread:

Call people out for overreacting, but don't be a banana rider.

Which was exactly what I was doing.

It's embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is people obviously not reading through the whole thread. :lol

Spurs Brazil
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks kace and Bruno for the updates.

I hope TP is health to play for France and the Spurs

Freeze
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Nobody is going to be happy about having to travel 30+ hours, cranky with a sore foot. I still wonder if Parker would have overlooked the pain to compete versus Italy, if he wasn't asked to come to SA. The competitive juices flow in situations like that.

The problem is..as Tony admitted "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain". Although that statement was not in context with the Italy game, it still states the stark truth.

Don't worry, on the video TP explain that when he has a sprain ankle, he always feel a discomfort for 30 days. It's not pain.
He also tells about his arrival in SA, where the first thing is done was getting new X-rays and then went to the gym for a full practice. He said he was fine the first day, but it was harder practicing the next 2 days because of the jetlag, the 15 hours travel, and the lack of physical work due to the healing process.

Solid D
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Don't worry, on the video TP explain that when he has a sprain ankle, he always feel a discomfort for 30 days. It's not pain.
He also tells about his arrival in SA, where the first thing is done was getting new X-rays and then went to the gym for a full practice. He said he was fine the first day, but it was harder practicing the next 2 days because of the jetlag, the 15 hours travel, and the lack of physical work due to the healing process.

Good info, Freeze. I haven't seen the video, yet.

angel_luv
08-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I understand Tony's frustration and I am not generally a big fan of Tony Parker.

I appreciate his honesty in this situation. Although, the danger of talking to the media in the heat of things is that they will continue to quote you long after you yourself have moved past the sentiments.

I think the Spurs did what they felt they had to do and that Tony cooperated as best and as patiently he could.

hater
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I am not generally a big fan of Tony Parker.

why not?

Baseline
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Bottom Line: We pay this guy 10 million a year to play 82 games plus the playoffs. It's his responsibility to keep himself as healthy as possible. So Parker's paycheck this month, while he's over in France busting his ankle and jeopardizing our whole season, is over $800,000.

I'm sick of this. The Spurs have been damaged more by international play than any other team. I think it's time for Spurs players to have to sign waivers for international play. Period.

This international BS shouldn't interfere with your day job. If I bust my ankle playing hoop on a Saturday afternoon at the Y, and can't work on Monday, that's my fault. Money out of my own pocket. Simple enough.

angel_luv
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
why not?

Tony is extremely talented and possibly a little too aware of that fact. I think Tony lacks some of the humility and maturity that Timmy, for example, displays.
But all I know of Tony is the relatively little I have read about him/ heard from him in interviews, so I could be misjudging him.

I stated in my last post that Tony is not a particular favorite of mine to illustrate that I am not blindly defending him as I might do a player who is my favorite. I truly do not think Tony ought to be blamed harshly in this situation.

duncan228
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
So Parker's paycheck this month...

Just a question, aren't NBA players paid only during the season? I didn't think the salaries were broken down by year, but by season.

Does anyone know if I'm remembering right?

DAF86
08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/COCHIfz/1286489632864362451.jpg

Tony won't get hurt playing for his NT, he will kick ass on the NBA and everyone that is bashing him now will be sucking his balls for the entire season.

Brazil
08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça :lol) avec des sujets dont je sais très bien qu'ils vont amener plus d'intolérance et donc de bétise.

Et dans ce genre de "threads", il y a ensuite des remarques xénophobes... et tu sais ce que j'en pense. :depressed

Tu en lis une, tu laisses passer, deux... trois... quinze... et à un moment tu te sens obligé de répondre et cela ne fait qu'empirer les choses.

Et je pense que le racisme ou la xénophobie sont des sujets plus importants que le fait de savoir si Tony Parker est énervé ou pas.

Au moins le petit groupe de français de ST est solidaire, ce qu'il y a de sympa c'est que nos amis argentins au moins comprennent notre frustation. Bientôt la fin des fils de discussion Manu vs. TP.

In English now, because don't forget we are posting in an english native language board !

At least french fans are showing solidarity in these discussions. What is nice is that Argentinan fans understand our frustration. Does it mean soon the end of the Manu vs. TP threads ?

timvp
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position.Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.

FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.The first report of TP not playing against Italy arose prior to the Spurs getting involved and the source was someone with the French NT team.

Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp.

I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance. Hopefully he improves as a poster.

Mel_13
08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Just a question, aren't NBA players paid only during the season? I didn't think the salaries were broken down by year, but by season.

Does anyone know if I'm remembering right?

You are right. Although the parties may agree to a different payment schedule, the standard specified in the Uniform Player Contract is:

Unless otherwise provided in Exhibit 1, such Compensation shall be paid in twelve (12) equal semi-monthly payments beginning with the first of said payments on November 15th of each year covered by the Contract and continuing with such payments on the first and fifteenth of each month until said Compensation is paid in full.

http://www.nbpa.org/cba_exhibits/exhibitA.php

bigfan
08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
This will all blow over when training camp starts.

Brazil
08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.

The first report of TP not playing against Italy arose prior to the Spurs getting involved and the source was someone with the French NT team.

Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp.

I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance. Hopefully he improves as a poster.

Because "Kace is angry" ?

Kace is defending his opinion and on this subject I think he is globally right like Bruno. Now French posters are a part of responsability by feeding some idiot ST posters with new threads and quotes.

This story seems to be over, I really wish a good summer to TP, Nando and Ian and to the French NT. Most important thing is: TP injury is minor, he is followed by good doc, Ian will have the opportunity to have some PT before starting the season and Nando is learning.

Hopefully France will do a good campaign and Spurs will have their French happy an ready for 82 games and a victorious POs. :lobt2:

:flag:

duncan228
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Mel_13.

ShoogarBear
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM
why not?

Because he is the Anti-Christ.

timaios
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Au moins le petit groupe de français de ST est solidaire, ce qu'il y a de sympa c'est que nos amis argentins au moins comprennent notre frustation. Bientôt la fin des fils de discussion Manu vs. TP.

In English now, because don't forget we are posting in an english native language board !

At least french fans are showing solidarity in these discussions. What is nice is that Argentinan fans understand our frustration. Does it mean soon the end of the Manu vs. TP threads ?

Agloco
08-07-2009, 05:01 PM

They could have sent 3 billion images......None of which take the place of a physical exam. Having said that, I think the Spurs did go out of their way to inconvenience Parker. They should have jumped across the pond to facilitate things.

stéphane
08-07-2009, 05:10 PM
The more posts I read, the better I understand US bball players not giving a f*** to represent their own country.

Mel_13
08-07-2009, 05:14 PM

We'll never know for sure, but I think that possibility was at the heart of the request from the Spurs for TP to return to SA.

Consider the timeline if TP did not return to SA:

April 28: Gm 5 v. Dallas
July 13: FNT camp opens
July 24: Friendly v. Austria, TP plays 12 minutes, sustains injury
July 31: after missing remaining 3 friendlies, TP scheduled to resume basketball activities. Injury described publicly as "minor".
August 5: Game v. Italy

If TP sustains a similar injury in the first preseason game for the Spurs, I am quite sure he would would not be playing 12 days later. Now if he sustains it during the playoffs, he and the team would probably risk a much earlier return.

In France, the away game against Italy held a level of importance much more akin to a playoff game than a preseason game. If Tony was in France, the pressure to play on him as well as the coach and management of the FNT would have been enormous. If the game was close throughout, it would have been difficult to even limit his minutes.

The Spurs had the MRIs and, I believe, knew exactly the extent of the injury. I believe they saw an injury that would be managed conservatively in SA, especially an injury that occurred less than two weeks after the player began training camp. In France, Tony may have played a game critical to his country's chances to advance to the European and World Championships despite the injury and his lack of game conditioning. The Spurs did what they had to do to limit Tony's risk of further injury.

I support Tony's right to play for the FNT, but the actions of the Spurs in the instance was, to me, perfectly justifiable in the context of Tony's role on the team.

Freeze
08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Bottom Line: We pay this guy 10 million a year to play 82 games plus the playoffs. It's his responsibility to keep himself as healthy as possible. So Parker's paycheck this month, while he's over in France busting his ankle and jeopardizing our whole season, is over $800,000.

I'm sick of this. The Spurs have been damaged more by international play than any other team. I think it's time for Spurs players to have to sign waivers for international play. Period.

This international BS shouldn't interfere with your day job. If I bust my ankle playing hoop on a Saturday afternoon at the Y, and can't work on Monday, that's my fault. Money out of my own pocket. Simple enough.

TP never missed a game because of the NT and has played in every Spurs playoff game since he is in the NBA.
Shouldn't he get a bonus instead of your sickness ?

Freeze
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
The Spurs had the MRIs and, I believe, knew exactly the extent of the injury. I believe they saw an injury that would be managed conservatively in SA, especially an injury that occurred less than two weeks after the player began training camp. In France, Tony may have played a game critical to his country's chances to advance to the European and World Championships despite the injury and his lack of game conditioning. The Spurs did what they had to do to limit Tony's risk of further injury.

Every MRIs showed there was no lesions, and the healing process has been managed by French doctors, even on the plane and in SA.

Mel_13
08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Every MRIs showed there was no lesions, and the healing process has been managed by French doctors, even on the plane and in SA.
I didn't dispute that. I believe the Spurs knew that the diagnosis in France was correct. I believe they were concerned that Tony would play major minutes in game critical to his country less than two weeks after the injury and while he was far from the desired level of fitness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Man, what is this? Desperate Point Guards? Is Eva managing him now? STFU and play ball for the people who are paying you 10 mil a year to do it, Tony.

BTW, I'm sure ducks will be along to blame this on Manu :lol

le13
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Another full Troll post!!!!

Let TP live for Godsake and show him some respect.. He never let you down spurs fans! NEVER FORGET THAT...

It is this type of thread that lead to an upset a player that used to have a full commitment to his team (SPURS ACTUALLY!!)

If you are not happy, let him go to another team with better respect to their players.

FINAL WORD.. enough is enough!

Bruno
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
One week ago, both Spurs and Parker were upset about what happened. Spurs were upset to the point of Holt calling Parker and having bad words with him. Parker said himself that he was angry about Spurs calling him back.

Now, everybody has calmed down. Spurs have been calmed down with Parker coming back to SA. Parker has been calmed down by France NT winning in Italy and not losing by 15 or 20.

Next time, it could not end up as well. Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury, so Spurs could be definitively pissed. Parker could also be pissed if he finally comes back to SA and it hurts the NT.

Now everybody has to be smart and to find a common ground. There are opposite interests in this story but a compromise must be find. Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.

ploto
08-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury...

That's really the biggest problem that I had with the report. I know the OP originally translated it as "warned" but then changed it. I do not know if that was to make Tony look better or if it was a poor translation.

narmerguy
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.

How the fuck does everyone know this dude's daily schedule?

Bruno
08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
That's really the biggest problem that I had with the report. I know the OP originally translated it as "warned" but then changed it. I do not know if that was to make Tony look better or if it was a poor translation.

What Parker exactly said is "I've told them that I won't be back again, it's enough. I've made this trip just to hear them telling me that I was fine. I still knew that I was fine."

How the fuck does everyone know this dude's daily schedule?

It's simply TP who said that Pop will be there.

DPG21920
08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Why are people having such a hard time comprehending this?

The speculation that TP might get so upset that he won't resign with the Spurs was ludicruous. Was he upset? Yes. But no where near the speculation from some here.

The fact that TP would have tried to play against Italy along with the distrust/investment from the Spurs is why the Spurs asked TP to come home from France and not go there. It is not rocket science.

TP needed to be away from the pressures so things could be evaluated clearly. Not as bad as some make it out to be. Nor will TP get so mad at the Spurs over NT duties that he will walk away from them with the type of relationships he has built.

jbspurs
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, Tony thinks he's bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.:nope:nope

ducks
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Boy
alot of posters thought it was ok for manu to go
and not listen to the spurs front office
tp did
and gets blasted for it

ducks
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, he thinks his bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.:nope:nope

manu would have signed an extension had he not played last offseason
who is trying to be bigger then the team

jbspurs
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
manu would have signed an extension had he not played last offseason
who is trying to be bigger then the team

This thread is about Tony not Manu.

timaios
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, Tony thinks he's bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.:nope:nope

A Spurs player is a team-first player.
That's what he is right now, a french national team-first player. :wakeup

Spursox
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Someone tell Tony to quit acting like a little b****..... Holt just dished out alot of money this summer and he's just looking out for his (return)....

timaios
08-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Someone tell Tony to quit acting like a little b****..... Holt just dished out alot of money this summer and he's just looking out for his (return)....

Money, Money, Money... It's A Rich Man's World ! :greedy:greedy:greedy

ducks
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM

holt dished out money every year
he has paid the tax before

MaNuMaNiAc
08-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Boy
tp did
and gets blasted for it

Are you fucking kidding me?? Are you accusing other people of being hypocrites? you were one of the jackasses blasting Manu for doing it you fucking prick and now you accuse others of double standard?

Seriously, you are beyond fucking help.

ducks
08-07-2009, 11:54 PM
tp did what the front office asked
manu did not

I do not want tp playing
but if manu and duncan can and bowen try out to
why can not tp?

I think all pros should not play I already stated that in this thread

oh and tp was not hurt when he went over there
manu was

SouthTexasRancher
08-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Trade Parker's sorry ass to that French team down in Naw'leans for Chris Paul. When you are paid the kind of money an NBA team pays you, your obligation is to that team and that team only. If you want to play for your National Team then don't sign with the NBA. I would allow an exception for the Olympics year but, any other year you decide who you represent...either America or some foreign team like them French Pussies.

If so many of us are tired of our players getting injured and not able to give the Spurs 100% then I can imagine how Pop and especially Peter Holt feels having to write the big checks. Here Peter Holt tells Pop and R.C. to go get the players and he'll foot the bill and what does French Pussy Tony Longoria do...he gives the Spurs F.O. the middle finger. Screw you Tony!

Typhoon
08-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Fuck TP, trade his ass for Pepe Sanchez!

jbspurs
08-08-2009, 01:19 AM
A Spurs player is a team-first player.
That's what he is right now, a french national team-first player. :wakeup

So, the team that pays him only comes next to his National team?
:wakeup:wakeup
Why bitch about his team making sure that he is not badly hurt? Spurs management knows that Tim is on the decline and they want to make the most out of the situation. They added good talent to increase a chance of winning the title. Why would you even add talent, if you don't care about your star players getting hurt? The team just want to make sure everyone is healthy for the next season. Why bitch about it!!?

kace
08-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.
look at the "TP back in SA" and "TP injury update" threads.
Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp. always liked to read you. really. nothing personal. but everyone not agreeing with you about a player or a topic isn't a "whoever" homer, a "whoever" hater, or a "KBP version".
I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance.i'm not using generalization, stigmatization and lame and false clichés to make my point (eg "european press isn't reliable" , Kace BP etc etc...)
Hopefully he improves as a poster.will try.

mathbzh
08-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Trade Parker's sorry ass to that French team down in Naw'leans for Chris Paul. When you are paid the kind of money an NBA team pays you, your obligation is to that team and that team only. If you want to play for your National Team then don't sign with the NBA. I would allow an exception for the Olympics year but, any other year you decide who you represent...either America or some foreign team like them French Pussies.

If so many of us are tired of our players getting injured and not able to give the Spurs 100% then I can imagine how Pop and especially Peter Holt feels having to write the big checks. Here Peter Holt tells Pop and R.C. to go get the players and he'll foot the bill and what does French Pussy Tony Longoria do...he gives the Spurs F.O. the middle finger. Screw you Tony!

And then, people will wonder why Splitter stays in Europe...

Tony plays for the French NT since he is a kid. The Spurs knew that and that they had not way to forbid Parker to play for its NT. So why did they propose him that big multi-year contract? It is their problem, not Parker's one.
And if you want my opinion, the deal was not bad for the Spurs... Manu and Tony rewarded them penny for penny.

freemeat
08-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Spurs fans need to get used to it. Damn -- every NBA fan needs to get used to it. Unless there's some ridiculous clause in the new CBA (which will never happen) that says players can't play for their own country, you can't complain. If you were a professional athlete and had the chance to earn $50 million playing in France, you'd do it. And when the U.S. national team comes and asks you to play? Yeah, you'd want to do that too...

Tony (like any player) knows his own body more than anyone. I'm sure he's not "angry" but just frustrated. When you know you're "ok" and still have to fly home to clear with the foreign team's doctors (in San Antonio), you'd be upset missing a game for your country's team, too.

Put yourself in his shoes. He loves playing in San Antonio. I'm sure he'll sign with the highest-dollar contract (with or without the Spurs) when he's free again, but you seriously have to put yourself in his shoes. He's loyal to his country, just like you are to yours.

quentin_compson
08-08-2009, 07:49 AM
One week ago, both Spurs and Parker were upset about what happened. Spurs were upset to the point of Holt calling Parker and having bad words with him. Parker said himself that he was angry about Spurs calling him back.

Now, everybody has calmed down. Spurs have been calmed down with Parker coming back to SA. Parker has been calmed down by France NT winning in Italy and not losing by 15 or 20.

Next time, it could not end up as well. Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury, so Spurs could be definitively pissed. Parker could also be pissed if he finally comes back to SA and it hurts the NT.

Now everybody has to be smart and to find a common ground. There are opposite interests in this story but a compromise must be find. Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.

That's a very reasonable way to look at it. Both sides have their points, and I for one can understand the Spurs' point of view as well as Tony's.

Of course the Spurs are nervous after what happened to Manu, but maybe it would have been better to send their doctors over to Europe instead of making Tony travel to SA (probably, that was the Spurs' way to make sure he wouldn't play against Italy).

And of course you also have to respect Tony's wish to represent his country, regardless of which motivation he may have beyond national pride. I don't think it is that big a deal, though - just a disagreement that probably can be settled rather easily. Let's just hope Pop, Tony and the French NT can sort it out during Pop's visit to France.

Bukefal
08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Lol @ the ones now wanting to trade parker

ducks
08-08-2009, 09:33 AM

yeah chris paul has a finals mvp and has played well in finals

howbouthemspurs
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Leave Tony alone! He simply wants to play! His logic is understandable, I would be pissed too if i had to travel across the world for a doctor to look at a minor ankle sprain when i have games to play the next days. Why are you idiots so quick to jump on his ass after he has done so much for this team? It's not like hes a rookie scrub causing trouble cause he know no better. Hes an established vet who has earned to speak his mind. He may have stepped his boundaries but nobody's perfect.

Allanon
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
First Manu doing his thing, now Tony doing his own thing. Nobody listens to Pop and the Spurs anymore. It looks like there will be some serious team chemistry problems this year.

Rogue
08-08-2009, 09:54 AM
:lol Eva Longoria doesn't tolerate anyone fornicating her husband.

timaios
08-08-2009, 11:18 AM
03-29-2009

5 Reasons Spurs Have A Chance At #5

1.Parker
2.Duncan
3.Manu
4.Defense
5.Pop

Parker been playing really good, consistent basketball, if he can keep playing like this and Duncan/Manu stay healthy Spurs are going all the way. :lobt2:

06-04-2009

Tony Parker is horrible, he cant run the point, he has no court vision.

He only scores and his defense is not consistent, fuck Tony Parker, he's the main reason why the Spurs struggle on offense for so many years.

TP = Scorer, that's it.

today

You are a funny guy. :lol

ducks
08-08-2009, 11:46 AM
First Manu doing his thing, now Tony doing his own thing. Nobody listens to Pop and the Spurs anymore. It looks like there will be some serious team chemistry problems this year.

tp obeyed the spurs front office even if he did not want to
also tp wanted an upgraded roster and he got it
spurs plan was to wait another year

Allanon
08-08-2009, 11:57 AM
tp obeyed the spurs front office even if he did not want to
also tp wanted an upgraded roster and he got it
spurs plan was to wait another year

Hahah, just messin' with the locals.

You're supposed to say Lakers suck and Artest is a chemistry bomb...your answer is too reasonable.

kobyz
08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Hahah, just messin' with the locals.

You're supposed to say Lakers suck and Artest is a chemistry bomb...your answer is too reasonable.

Artest is a great signing for the Lakers, very good respond to the Spurs reacquire RJ.

Brutalis
08-08-2009, 12:23 PM
TP seemingly has one prissy ass attitude lately.

diego
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I find it very amusing the amount of people that still dont understand how these things work. Especially since most of these posts are along the lines of "I'm a real homegrown trueblue san antonio spurs fan, and I'm tired of seeing my team's money stolen by the negligent foreigners, especially now that HoltCat made a sacrifice and invested when no one else did".

If you are such a big fan shouldn't you know that the CBA legally guarantees the players right to participate in international competition? If you understand the business side of things, don't you know that they have insurance for these contracts (without which players cannot play)? Do you understand that the spurs are owned by a group, and that that group has been making money every year despite millions in costs? Do you understand that, even with the additional expenses the spurs will have next year, and even with the possibility that injuries derail the season and we dont play the extra playoff games, this team will still probably make money next season? (tickets are usually sold well in advance based on expectation, and since insurance would pay the injured players salary... the only ones losing would be the fans, and the players themselves).

so, if you want to complain as a fan, ok I understand that. you are very emotionally attached and dont want any risks to jeapordize the season. I consider it rather silly to want a basketball player to stop playing basketball and preemptively flip out without the season being in actual danger but, I can understand that reaction. but it is rather laughable to argue that the poor ownership is going to lose money because of the fault of a player and to use that as a reason to blast the players. Ownership is consistently making money off the players year in year out, and if they do lose money, you know what? as the owner of the business if you hired that person you are responsible for the risks you take when you choose your personnel. I have a succesful business, but I know that I run the risk of losing money every day, week, month, especially if I become complacent. And if I choose to hire employees that arent committed to the business, whose fault is that? mine and no one elses. Same with overpaying. thats the ownerships fault, not the employee. So if you want to bitch about tony or manu getting injured while playing on their NT, please stop talking about the poor ownership who will lose 80 million if they dont win a ship this year. they will in all likelihood make a profit regardless of where the spurs finish in the standings or how many games tony parker plays, and if they run a loss, it wont be because of one employee missing, especially when that employee's contract will be paid by an insurance company. bitch about losing the chance at glory, but dont bitch about businessmen losing money.

oh, and one more thing-
I said it was stupid to overreact before the FNT or the spurs were adversely affected, and it turns out the FNT won that game w/o Parker. so really, was there really a need for either side to get this butt hurt over a mild ankle sprain in the middle of July? I'm glad the players and FO are a lot more mature than this board. I end up hoping they are really trolls...

timvp
08-08-2009, 01:49 PM
look at the "TP back in SA" and "TP injury update" I never said that Parker was OK with the Spurs position. Show me where I did or stop lying.

Thanks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Boy
tp did
and gets blasted for it

You were ripping Manu for it too.

Take Tony's dick out of your mouth for five minutes and admit he fucked up.

Bambililos
08-08-2009, 02:25 PM
How did he fuck up? He's close to 100% healthy and not playing at the moment...
Enough with the bashing!

ducks
08-08-2009, 04:19 PM

I do not want him there
but he DID NOTHING WRONG
MANU WAS HURT BEFORE GOING OVER THERE
THERE WAS A BIG DIFFERENCE
SPURS even told manu no contract extention talk if you go over there
spurs were trying everything to keep manu home
HE FUCKED UP
tp went home like the front office wanted
but he could have acted like manu and said FUCK YOU no
but he did not
quit sucking manu dick

ducks
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
How did he fuck up? He's close to 100% healthy and not playing at the moment...
Enough with the bashing!

he does not play for the country manu plays for

ForeignFan
08-08-2009, 04:24 PM

when/how did he fuck up?

ForeignFan
08-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Parker played only five minutes today vs Finland. I think it shows he (and the French NT) are reasonable.

lennyalderette
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
sorry guys but does anyone know where to get a spurs schedule

Rogue
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I do not want him there
but he DID NOTHING WRONG
HE FUCKED UP
but he did not
quit sucking manu dick
Nothing wrong Tony returns France to play
As he isn't the only foreigner getting paid
not sure when Tony gets eventually wasted
everyone has gotta try hard to get it delayed

Tony lovers shouldn't be considered gay
but pretending idiotic is surely a fucking shame
just like you're pretending female while naked
so get the fuck out after you tell me how my ass taste

crc21209
08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
This is being overblown by the fans waaay too much. TP & the Spurs FO/Pop will be just fine.

Whisky Dog
08-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm just hoping to get one more title out of this thing next season before Manu and Timmy are too broken and Parker's inflated ego gets too big to suppress anymore. Once he dumped his home grown gf to get with a fucking actress I knew exactly what type if dude he is. I just always hoped the Spurs could squeeze some more championship juice out before it all blows up.

lefty
08-09-2009, 02:46 AM
TP really wants to be traded

SenorSpur
08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
If, in fact, TP was really angry with the Spurs FO, he needs to be reminded who gives him his paycheck.

lefty
08-09-2009, 11:18 AM
just trade his ass for bosh and calderon

+1

if, in fact, tp was really angry with the spurs fo, he needs to be reminded who gives him his paycheck.

+2

doobs
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
If, in fact, TP was really angry with the Spurs FO, he needs to be reminded who gives him his paycheck.

Lots of teams would be willing to give him that paycheck, though.

Bambililos
08-09-2009, 11:29 AM
He didn't say he was angry after the paycheck, but because of Spurs' stubornness to make him miss an important game. He doesn't mind the check :)
And he is paid to play basketball, not for his good mood :)

But he isn't angry anymore, since France won their last two games and he's gonna play the next one :) :)

Can we drop the subject now?

MaNuMaNiAc
08-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I do not want him there
but he DID NOTHING WRONG
HE FUCKED UP
but he did not
quit sucking manu dick

You live in your own little fantasy world don't you ducks. When the hell did Manu say fuck you to the front office or Pop?? STOP MAKING SHIT UP you stupid piece of shit. The situations between Tony and Manu are very similar. You think Pop likes Tony playing for France?? Give me a fucking break.

You give a pass to Tony for doing the same fucking thing Manu did. You are a fucking hypocrite. The rest of your bullshit is just smoked filled mirror crap! You're without any credibility whatsoever.

timaios
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Just for information to all the so-called spurs fans who pass their time to insult the players of their so-called team...

Tony Parker said in that interview : "Je suis parti aux Etats-Unis très énervé par cette obligation."
kace did translate that quote by "I went to the US very angry about this obligation."

trés énervé = very upset (not very angry)

So Tony really said : I went to the US very upset about this obligation.

Tony said in an interview that the day he arrived in San Antonio, he had a medical examination then the FO put him on the court for practice... the same day !!!

So he was upset because there was no reason for that tiring trip, just before a vital game for his NT.
Oh, Tony Parker must be really a horrible person... he was UPSET.

It must be difficult for certain person who write on that site to live with so much hate inside of you.

I feel sorry for you.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Just for information to all the so-called spurs fans who pass their time to insult the players of their so-called team...

Tony Parker said in that interview : "Je suis parti aux Etats-Unis très énervé par cette obligation."
kace did translate that quote by "I went to the US very angry about this obligation."

Tony said in an interview that the day he arrived in San Antonio, he had a medical examination then the FO put him on the court for practice... the same day !!!

So he was upset because there was no reason for that tiring trip, just before a vital game for his NT.

It must be difficult for certain person who write on that site to live with so much hate inside of you.

I feel sorry for you.

Don't bother man. The people that are posting shit about Tony here don't do it because of anything he said on any interview. Their personal dislike of Tony has been there long before this and it will be there long after. Its as irrational as it is unwarranted, what with everything Tony has done for this team. Its exactly what ducks does with Manu.

Go fucking figure... :rolleyes

ChelsSpurs21
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
My point ?

Thats right. He did go back. Tp is my favorite Spur. Go Spurs Go 09-10 Champs!:lobt2:

Brazil
08-09-2009, 01:03 PM
+1

+2

Lefty is fighting against his TP hate, must be hard for him to not take part of the haunt and just put some +1 or +2 ...

Brazil
08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I never said that Parker was OK with the Spurs position. Show me where I did or stop lying.

Thanks.

:wow timvp is KBP !!! :rollin

ducks
08-09-2009, 04:33 PM
TP really wants to be traded

no that would be manu for not follower spurs front office last summer

ducks
08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
You live in your own little fantasy world don't you ducks. When the hell did Manu say fuck you to the front office or Pop?? STOP MAKING SHIT UP you stupid piece of shit. The situations between Tony and Manu are very similar. You think Pop likes Tony playing for France?? Give me a fucking break.

You give a pass to Tony for doing the same fucking thing Manu did. You are a fucking hypocrite. The rest of your bullshit is just smoked filled mirror crap! You're without any credibility whatsoever.

pop did not use the media to tell tp not to play
pop did with manu
spurs told manu about no contract extension talk if he goes
pop does not like he is over there but tp was not injured before he went over.
so he said it was ok.
you are fucking living in your fantasy world

ducks
08-09-2009, 04:37 PM
you were ripping manu for it too.

Take tony's dick out of your mouth for five minutes and admit he fucked up.

how did he fuck up? He's close to 100% healthy and not playing at the moment...
Enough with the bashing!

answer the question

ducks
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM

are you ever angry at your boss at work?
if you actually have a job

kace
08-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I never said that Parker was OK with the Spurs position. Show me where I did or stop lying.

Thanks.

OK.

I feel sorry for you.

well "énervé" is not "upset". let's say "bugged" or "irritated" would have been more exact. "upset" could have worked though.

but still, i find it funny that you try to downplay what TP said or to argue with some bashing members. TP has some haters here. it's a known fact. and this injury is just a pretext for them to hate. nothing new. they will kiss his ass as soon as he'll play well, as your really hilarious quotes of typhoon showed. no big deal.

and i have to say that Ducks praising TP for playing for his NT, after so many and many criticism from him about manu doing the exact same thing is just priceless.

there is zero problem between TP and the spurs. on the contrary, this episode showed his dedication to this franchise.

but the real and interesting debate is the relationship between NBA teams and NT. A bball without the best players playing in the international competition would be damn sad.

le13
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM
To all TP and Manu haters:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:

timaios
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
well "énervé" is not "upset". let's say "bugged" or "irritated" would have been more exact. "upset" could have worked though.

but still, i find it funny that you try to downplay what TP said or to argue with some bashing members. TP has some haters here. it's a known fact. and this injury is just a pretext for them to hate. nothing new. they will kiss his ass as soon as he'll play well, as your really hilarious quotes of typhoon showed. no big deal.

and i have to say that Ducks praising TP for playing for his NT, after so many and many criticism from him about manu doing the exact same thing is just priceless.

there is zero problem between TP and the spurs. on the contrary, this episode showed his dedication to this franchise.

but the real and interesting debate is the relationship between NBA teams and NT. A bball without the best players playing in the international competition would be damn sad.

Je ne suis pas un spécialiste de la langue anglaise, (j'ai fait allemand 1ère langue :p:) mais "angry" veut dire "en colère" ou "furieux".

Or TP a dit qu'il était "énervé", plutôt dans le sens de "contrarié", par la décision du FO des Spurs. Donc j'ai choisi le mot "upset"... mais "irritated" est certainement la traduction la plus précise.

Il y a quand même une grosse différence entre être "furieux" et être simplement "énervé". D'où, je pense, certaines réactions excessives, mais néanmoins stupides de pseudo fans des Spurs.

La véritable question est : les provoques-tu délibérément ou pas ? :lol

lefty
08-09-2009, 09:25 PM

Lefty is fighting against his TP hate, must be hard for him to not take part of the haunt and just put some +1 or +2 ...
WTF

Retarded as always

:lmao

sonic21
08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I am retarded

+1

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126423

lefty
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
+1

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126423
Typical TP fanboy reaction
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3609696&postcount=10

In 1 word: lame :rollin

raspsa
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder if this thread will still be going by the time training camp begins?

lefty
08-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I wonder if this thread will still be going by the time training camp begins?
It will in June 2010

sonic21
08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Typical TP fanboy reaction
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3609696&postcount=10

In 1 word: lame :rollin

google "irony", then maybe you'll understand the post you linked.

lefty
08-09-2009, 10:48 PM
google "irony", then maybe you'll understand the post you linked.

"TP the best player in the world"

Classic :lmao

sonic21
08-09-2009, 10:57 PM
please stop posting you're embarassing yourself

lefty
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Actually, I'm embarassing yourself

sonic21
08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
sad little boy.
you really don't know if someone is being serious, do you?

oh and weak for only posting a part of my post.

spursfan09
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Lefty looses all credibility when it comes to any discussion about TP. You have to just ignore him. He just has a hatred for him and its hard to have an unbiased convo with him.

lefty
08-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Lefty looses all credibility when it comes to any discussion about TP. You have to just ignore him. He just has a hatred for him and its hard to have an unbiased convo with him.
I don't really hate Parker

But he is not perfect, nobody is, and TP fanboys believe he is.

In that case, they lose the little credibility they had.

Right, Spursfan09 ?

I'm the #1 Manu fan, but that doesn't prevent me to criticize him when he deserves it.

ducks
08-09-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm the #1 Manu fan, but that doesn't prevent me to criticize him when he deserves it.

Right, Spursfan09 ?

more perfect then any spur last year

lefty
08-09-2009, 11:21 PM
more perfect then any spur last year

TP was awesome last season, no question

spursfan09
08-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Right, Spursfan09 ?

If you read this whole thread you will see how I didn't like how he complained to the media, infact i do get on TP when I think he deserves, but some people on this site take every opportunity to bash him when he makes a wrong move.

lefty
08-10-2009, 12:20 AM
If you read this whole thread you will see how I didn't like how he complained to the media, infact i do get on TP when I think he deserves, but some people on this site take every opportunity to bash him when he makes a wrong move.
Hey, it's the offseason, we're bored :lol

GSH
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
It's a big game, but there is a very big one against Italy in height days too. and if we suceed, there will be the finals (2 games end of august) and the nine games of the Euro in Poland. I have to think about a progressive come back. i'm tired from the 30 hours of flight in five days. I'll try friday night with an intensive training. If my ankle isn't swelled, i'll play against Finland. The spurs would like me to miss this game too. we'll see. what is sure is that i won't play 40 minutes. I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain.

Tony and the French fans can take it personally if they want. But everything about the Spurs' track record shows that they are willing to keep a player on the bench until they are 100% comfortable in his health - even if it means losing a game or two.

Tony says he is still feeling "a dicsomfort". I guarantee you that Pop would look long and hard at that, if this were the NBA season. Even if you disagree with what the Spurs did (e.g. European fan), you have to admit that they aren't hypocrits. They haven't done a single thing differently because it was the French NT.

Tony should probably deal with management privately. But I guess this way we can all see where he is, and form our own opinions. I'm just not sure that will serve him too well in this case.

SenorSpur
08-10-2009, 02:46 PM
are you ever angry at your boss at work?
if you actually have a job

Uh, this aint about me - or you even.

Never compare the common man to the athlete.

Brazil
08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
WTF

Retarded as always

:lmao

Apparently I'm not the only one to think you are a litle bit biaised when you talk about TP (euphemism).

Don't forget TP is the best NBA player (sequ's favorite used by french posters to joke around). I have a scoop for you we don't really believe that, I believe for instance Lebron is better and maybe Kobe: TP is the third best nba player :lol.

Oh and thanks for the retarded as always :toast (irony)

kace
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Tony and the French fans can take it personally if they want. But everything about the Spurs' track record shows that they are willing to keep a player on the bench until they are 100% comfortable in his health - even if it means losing a game or two.

Tony says he is still feeling "a dicsomfort". I guarantee you that Pop would look long and hard at that, if this were the NBA season. Even if you disagree with what the Spurs did (e.g. European fan), you have to admit that they aren't hypocrits. They haven't done a single thing differently because it was the French NT.

i totally disagree. the spurs can afford to lose one game or two during the regular season.

but would they bench one of their (best) player for such a minor injury during the PO. Hell no. Tim was benched some games to rest his knees, but not in PO. Even manu was reported to be expected to play if we reached the WCF, which he would never have done so quickly if it was the RS. and he played injured last year in PO.

there isn't any meaningless official game in international NT competitions, especially not these ones for the french NT. To compare that with a RS game is just a bad (dishonest ?) comparison.

benefactor
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Don't you know? It's the "in" thing to do right now. We have a whole thread of Manu fans that are embracing it wholeheartedly.

Demo Dick Marcinko
08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
i totally disagree. the spurs can afford to lose one game or two during the regular season.

but would they bench one of their (best) player for such a minor injury during the PO. Hell no. Tim was benched some games to rest his knees, but not in PO. Even manu was reported to be expected to play if we reached the WCF, which he would never have done so quickly if it was the RS. and he played injured last year in PO.

there isn't any meaningless official game in international NT competitions, especially not these ones for the french NT. To compare that with a RS game is just a bad (dishonest ?) comparison.

Never say never. I would think it depends on the situation. If the Spurs are playing a 2nd tier playoff team and if we hold home court and the Spurs are up 2-0; Tony would have the 2-3 days rest before the away games begin. If Tony is experiencing "discomfort" I would bet Pop would hold him out 1 or possibly even two games.

Now if in the 2nd round, if Tony is still experiencing that same minor discomfort and we're lucky enough to draw the Fakers, Mavs or Blazers, I think Pop plays him because it's sink or swim and we'll burn the bridges behind us.

Just like the French NT coach, because for them its one and done. So I understand that there was a lot riding on the Italy game.

And just for the record, I'm not a Tony basher, I love TP and I hope he stays a Spur his entire career. The only problem I have with him is that while his interview with the French press is not as confrontational as many present it to be, I wish he would communicate his displeasure solely throught the Spurs - that way it doesn't give the appearance of a house divided and there is disharmony between Tony and the Spurs FO and ownership.

This minor, minor transgression is nothing that should have Spurs Fans foreign and domestic feuding. :toast

jajaja2004
08-11-2009, 07:59 AM
hello.All the best!
www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml (http://www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml)