PDA

View Full Version : I'm just speechless....

JudynTX
08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
:wow

fqYoZVroBZs

American girls own dolls that pee, dolls that suck on a bottle, dolls that burp or sit on a potty -- and all are accepted as appropriate by most adults.

The women discuss the Spanish doll that simulates breast-feeding.But a new doll that breast-feeds has pitted expert against expert and mom against mom over whether this toy has gone too far. None can seem to agree if the Spanish-made Bebe Gloton doll is natural, useful or disgusting.

The doll is currently sold only in Spain, though Berjuan, the company that makes the toy, said that it will be marketed in the United States next year. The doll allows children to imitate the act of breast-feeding by using a special halter top that comes with the toy. The halter top is made from a colorful material with two flowers positioned where nipples would be.

When the mouth of the doll is brought close to a sensor embedded in the flower, the baby makes motions and sounds consistent with suckling.

Cesar Bernabeu, director of sales and marketing for Berjuan, wrote in an e-mail to ABCNews.com that psychologists and teachers were consulted in the development of the toy, and that it has garnered the approval of the Asociacion Pro-Lacttancia Meterna de Espana, a pro-breast-feeding organization in Spain.

"We realized that the reaction was so positive with the girls when they were imitating their moms and saw that they react to the doll like it was little sister," read Bernabeu's remarks, translated from Spanish. "Their faces of happiness said it all."

However, a viral video demonstration on YouTube has been met with remarks that the doll is over-sexualizing young girls, or forcing girls to grow up too quickly, or teaching young girls about a natural part of motherhood.

The company responded to the concerns in their email. "Breast-feeding is completely natural; it is not something that we have invented ourselves, it is something that is done all around the world," Bernabeu wrote. "There are studies that discuss the benefits of breastfeeding, and there are associations around the world that are ... supporting this."

But not all mothers agree.

"I heard people talking about it but, honestly, I thought it was a joke," said Ilina Ewen, a writer for the Deep South Moms and her own blog Dirt and Noise.

"There are just things that I think kids are too little to understand," she said.

Ewen worried that if her two boys, ages 4 and 6, saw the toy, they would be confused because neither had been breast-fed.

Yet Ewen admits she has seen many young girls mimic the behavior after watching their mothers nurse their infant siblings.

"They don't understand they just see other moms doing that. Let kids use their imagination and play with a doll and not deal with what it can do," Ewen said. "There's no need to turn it into something that's anatomically correct. Not at this age."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Parenting/story?id=8271555&page=1

Taco
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toyshop/products/Zapf/BabyBorn/Zoom/253542.jpg
Kind of blows Betsy Wetsy away

jack sommerset
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Good God....I was thinking no big deal these dolls that shit have been around forever BUT then they show a 4-5 year old breast feeding. That is fucking sad.

mouse
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
A friend of a friend mine who I hardly see anymore, wants to know where to get one!

ChumpDumper
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
They need dolls that actually shit something close to that weird baby shit.

mouse
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
If only these were around when Michale Jackson was alive! :tu

Cry Havoc
08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
http://pic.phyrefile.com/2008/03/05/PedobearPeekLeft.jpg

mrsmaalox
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I really don't have any opinion as to whether these dolls are good or bad, but it's interesting to me that Americans, in this day and age, continue to treat breastfeeding as something rather "scandalous". Breastfeeding is one of the most valuable, important things a mother can do for her child, what's the big deal really?

Slomo
08-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't get it.

bdictjames
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
What is wrong with them? They think of letting the children grow up fast? They let them see shows that are not for children either!

LnGrrrR
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Exactly... oh my goodness! Kids would be pretend breats feeding!.... so?

It's that most Americans can't separate 'breasts' from 'sex'.

Cry Havoc
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I really don't have any opinion as to whether these dolls are good or bad, but it's interesting to me that Americans, in this day and age, continue to treat breastfeeding as something rather "scandalous". Breastfeeding is one of the most valuable, important things a mother can do for her child, what's the big deal really?

I think at the least it's better than the "American Girl Place" designer dolls they sell in Chicago for hundreds of dollars to upper class moms who think that paying more for a doll somehow endears it to the child.

Laker Lanny
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
A woman pulls out her tit and lets a kid suck on it they call it human nature, a beautiful thing.

A man pulls out his cock and lets a kid suck on it, it's called a crime?

Fucking double standards!! :bang

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
They have dolls that you can bottle-feed. I watched the video, and I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think Ilina Ewen and I would get along very well.

CuckingFunt
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I think the doll is creepy, because I think all dolls are creepy, but don't have a problem with the fact that it simulates breastfeeding.

The only part that I find oddly disconcerting is that the name translates roughly to "Drink Glutton."

Sir Larry Wildman
08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Whats next Abortion Abby doll?

mrsmaalox
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I had 3 kids in diapers at once, 2 boys and one girl. It was a madhouse. No way could I have ever guaranteed total privacy for each one for breastfeeding and diaper changes. They were lucky if they got me all to themselves for at least one feeding per day. So they all saw everything. Subsequently, there were always little kids running around my house with teddy bears and stuffed puppies stuck to their titties---both girls and boys :lol Hell I once even had to unstick a MaxiPad from my son's pants---during his baptism!! :lmao

PM5K
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Too many women don't even want to go through the hassle (Too many women I know at least) of breast feeding, if this can somehow help encourage these young girls to become women that breast feed, I'm all for it.

Melmart1
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Too many women don't even want to go through the hassle (Too many women I know at least) of breast feeding, if this can somehow help encourage these young girls to become women that breast feed, I'm all for it.

I am glad someone else said this. Not a single woman in my family from my grandma on down breast fed. All the non-related women I know didn't do it either, one said it was "nasty." Nourishing your child is nasty?!?! When did we get this perception as a society?

If/when I have kids, I will be the first to breastfeed and I am sure my family will think I am nuts. My sister got a shot that dries the milk up with her first kid, it's sad that we can do the research necessary to produce an optional drug for something like this and for men to get boners but we can't cure anything worthwhile.

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
:wow

fqYoZVroBZs

American girls own dolls that pee, dolls that suck on a bottle, dolls that burp or sit on a potty -- and all are accepted as appropriate by most adults.

The women discuss the Spanish doll that simulates breast-feeding.But a new doll that breast-feeds has pitted expert against expert and mom against mom over whether this toy has gone too far. None can seem to agree if the Spanish-made Bebe Gloton doll is natural, useful or disgusting.

The doll is currently sold only in Spain, though Berjuan, the company that makes the toy, said that it will be marketed in the United States next year. The doll allows children to imitate the act of breast-feeding by using a special halter top that comes with the toy. The halter top is made from a colorful material with two flowers positioned where nipples would be.

When the mouth of the doll is brought close to a sensor embedded in the flower, the baby makes motions and sounds consistent with suckling.

Cesar Bernabeu, director of sales and marketing for Berjuan, wrote in an e-mail to ABCNews.com that psychologists and teachers were consulted in the development of the toy, and that it has garnered the approval of the Asociacion Pro-Lacttancia Meterna de Espana, a pro-breast-feeding organization in Spain.

"We realized that the reaction was so positive with the girls when they were imitating their moms and saw that they react to the doll like it was little sister," read Bernabeu's remarks, translated from Spanish. "Their faces of happiness said it all."

However, a viral video demonstration on YouTube has been met with remarks that the doll is over-sexualizing young girls, or forcing girls to grow up too quickly, or teaching young girls about a natural part of motherhood.

The company responded to the concerns in their email. "Breast-feeding is completely natural; it is not something that we have invented ourselves, it is something that is done all around the world," Bernabeu wrote. "There are studies that discuss the benefits of breastfeeding, and there are associations around the world that are ... supporting this."

But not all mothers agree.

"I heard people talking about it but, honestly, I thought it was a joke," said Ilina Ewen, a writer for the Deep South Moms and her own blog Dirt and Noise.

"There are just things that I think kids are too little to understand," she said.

Ewen worried that if her two boys, ages 4 and 6, saw the toy, they would be confused because neither had been breast-fed.

Yet Ewen admits she has seen many young girls mimic the behavior after watching their mothers nurse their infant siblings.

"They don't understand they just see other moms doing that. Let kids use their imagination and play with a doll and not deal with what it can do," Ewen said. "There's no need to turn it into something that's anatomically correct. Not at this age."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Parenting/story?id=8271555&page=1

Of course your speechless. Have you ever tried to talk while sucking on a tit?

I have mixed feeling like most here, but this only furthers the conclusion that Europeans are much more liberal on things concerning human sexuality and anatomy. When it arrives here in the states, you can bet a good rack of tits that middle/high class America will get their panties in a wad/ bitch fit/ butt hurt, whatever. What would Mexicans say about it? Talking like something George Lopez might say......... "Let her, Let her.......so she could learn right now de chiquita that I aint gonna be buying no formula for her to feed her bebe when she's 14. :lol

sonic21
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
My niece has started trying to breastfeed her dolls after her little brother was born.

JudynTX
08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Of course your speechless. Have you ever tried to talk while sucking on a tit?

:lol Can't say that I have.

easjer
08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I definitely do not think that it is an over-sexualization of young girls. That is such an American attitude, it's so bizarre that we still think of nursing as a shameful, somewhat sexual act (one pregnant friend of mine was told that if she chooses to breastfeed her son that it would be child abuse and she should have her child taken away, because it's too sexual).

Little girls whose mothers or close relatives breastfeed will hold dolls up to their chests to 'feed' them whether there is a special model of doll or no. I've seen it happen with my friends kids. I think it's great - it's a very natural thing.

I see over and over on the baby boards (always a hot topic) that women ought to be discreet about breastfeeding or go hide while breastfeeding or cover up, and I just shake my head. I'm not in favor of exhibitionism, but I think that if my child needs to eat, then my child eats. If I'm breastfeeding, that will mean breastfeeding in public - people are welcome not to look if they are terribly offended.

Another offshoot that is related is extended nursing, which is much more common outside the US. WHO recommends bf'ing until 2 years of age, while most Americans would think that was far too long and a little creepy. I doubt we'll go that long; I'm not sure we'll be able to exclusively breastfeed simply because I'm returning to work so quickly and have no idea how I will produce with a pump.

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
I definitely do not think that it is an over-sexualization of young girls. That is such an American attitude, it's so bizarre that we still think of nursing as a shameful, somewhat sexual act (one pregnant friend of mine was told that if she chooses to breastfeed her son that it would be child abuse and she should have her child taken away, because it's too sexual).

Little girls whose mothers or close relatives breastfeed will hold dolls up to their chests to 'feed' them whether there is a special model of doll or no. I've seen it happen with my friends kids. I think it's great - it's a very natural thing.

I see over and over on the baby boards (always a hot topic) that women ought to be discreet about breastfeeding or go hide while breastfeeding or cover up, and I just shake my head. I'm not in favor of exhibitionism, but I think that if my child needs to eat, then my child eats. If I'm breastfeeding, that will mean breastfeeding in public - people are welcome not to look if they are terribly offended.

Another offshoot that is related is extended nursing, which is much more common outside the US. WHO recommends bf'ing until 2 years of age, while most Americans would think that was far too long and a little creepy. I doubt we'll go that long; I'm not sure we'll be able to exclusively breastfeed simply because I'm returning to work so quickly and have no idea how I will produce with a pump.

Ya'll girls could slip one out anytime you want to feed your child, it's fine by me. Prerequisites though---> Female has to be hot, and there better be enough milk for everybody.:baby

ploto
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Not a single woman in my family from my grandma on down breast fed. All the non-related women I know didn't do it either, one said it was "nasty." Nourishing your child is nasty?!?! When did we get this perception as a society?

I breast fed, and I was shocked that my mother-in-law tried to tell me it was better to use a bottle, and my sister-in-law told me it was disgusting and she has 3 kids. Another nice reminder of why I am glad not to be related to those people any more!

I. Hustle
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
My ex-wife's mom thought it was disgusting too. All I could think of was... for who? It would have probably thought it to be more disgusting for the babies the way that cow looked.

My wife did with our two and I think it's awesome. I mean what could be more natural? If it is so disgusting and wrong why would your body produce it? F'n idiots.

Summers
08-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm a big fan of breastfeeding, but I'm not sure what I think about the doll. I guess it would seem natural if you were currently nursing a baby and got that doll for the big sister. I have boys. I don't know if I'd buy this for a girl.

Summers
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Ya'll girls could slip one out anytime you want to feed your child, it's fine by me. Prerequisites though---> Female has to be hot, and there better be enough milk for everybody.:baby

Now that was kinda creepy.

mrsmaalox
08-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I breast fed, and I was shocked that my mother-in-law tried to tell me it was better to use a bottle, and my sister-in-law told me it was disgusting and she has 3 kids. Another nice reminder of why I am glad not to be related to those people any more!

Haha that reminds me of a time I was at a mall w/my son, he was about 4 months old. I went to one of the ladies lounges and got comfy and fed my boy. 2 women walked in, one stopped dead in her tracks and asked me, "Who told you to do THAT? Was it your doctor?" I was pretty surprised so I just said yes, and she walked away telling her friend "So now THAT's gonna come back in style?" :lol

Summers
08-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Haha that reminds me of a time I was at a mall w/my son, he was about 4 months old. I went to one of the ladies lounges and got comfy and fed my boy. 2 women walked in, one stopped dead in her tracks and asked me, "Who told you to do THAT? Was it your doctor?" I was pretty surprised so I just said yes, and she walked away telling her friend "So now THAT's gonna come back in style?" :lol

Ah... nursing babies in bathrooms to avoid disgusted looks from other people... such fond memories. :)

I. Hustle
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
It used to be in style? So chicks would just whip out a boob and feed a kid to be chic?

Summers
08-07-2009, 04:17 PM
It used to be in style? So chicks would just whip out a boob and feed a kid to be chic?

:lol I'm not sure that was ever the case.

mrsmaalox
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
That's what got me--no one ever told me nutrition could be fashionable!

Strange Love
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
This topic will get milked!

easjer
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm a big fan of breastfeeding, but I'm not sure what I think about the doll. I guess it would seem natural if you were currently nursing a baby and got that doll for the big sister. I have boys. I don't know if I'd buy this for a girl.

That makes sense - but yeah, I was totally thinking of my friend's kids - they all have little siblings, which is where they picked up mimicing the behavior. It might be weird to just give it as a random gift to your niece or something, but I can definitely see the niche in the market for it.

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Now that was kinda creepy.

It was a joke. How was that creepy? It's the same with you girls rather watch ripped guys jogging without a shirt, rather than hairy fat rednecks bouncing their man boobs up and down.

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Yeah, women should embrace womanhood and just let nature take it's course.
What's next? Once we figure out how to grow human beings, are chicks going to want to become guys because their wouldn't be no need for boobs or a vagina?

Summers
08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
It was a joke. How was that creepy? It's the same with you girls rather watch ripped guys jogging without a shirt, rather than hairy fat rednecks bouncing their man boobs up and down.

Perhaps you're right. I'll let the other girls weigh in. The wanting to suckle a nursing woman's breast and only hot girls should breastfeed parts were the ones I thought were creepy.

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I got breast fed and have been relatively healthy all my life. Plus I could dunk on a breakaway and I'm very athletic.
All this because of my moms boobs:worthy:

Ginobilly
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Perhaps you're right. I'll let the other girls weigh in. The wanting to suckle a nursing woman's breast and only hot girls should breastfeed parts were the ones I thought were creepy.

It's a joke from Mexican comedian. The joke was due to a time when a Mexican state was pondering whether or not to ban breast feeding in public.

manufan10
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
:lmao

The other day at the food court in the mall, a lady whips out her boob and starts breast feeding right there.. And I was like, WTF? :lol Not that there's anything wrong with breast feeding, but I didn't think a person would care less about where she pulls out her boobs.

easjer
08-07-2009, 06:31 PM
What would you have her do if her baby needed to eat?

Now I've seen exhibitionist breastfeeding women, but they are the exception. Most experienced moms are discreet enough that people don't realize they are breastfeeding.

manufan10
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
What would you have her do if her baby needed to eat?

Now I've seen exhibitionist breastfeeding women, but they are the exception. Most experienced moms are discreet enough that people don't realize they are breastfeeding.

That's the problem, she wasn't being discreet. I've had friends that were breast feeding, and they would use a blanket to cover up, or something to that effect. This lady didn't, just whipped it out and started feeding.

Wild Cobra
08-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Good God....I was thinking no big deal these dolls that shit have been around forever BUT then they show a 4-5 year old breast feeding. That is fucking sad.
I disagree. I think our taboo social standards about things like nudity and other natural things are what creates some of the perverts we have. Look at all the beaches on the Mediterranean that people wear nothing if they want. Most Europeans don't treat the naked body as a sexual image. They have fewer hangups and are healthier in so may ways.

Don't get me wrong, I agree in restricting things in public, but when you place taboos on natural things, you are asking for trouble.

leemajors
08-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I am glad someone else said this. Not a single woman in my family from my grandma on down breast fed. All the non-related women I know didn't do it either, one said it was "nasty." Nourishing your child is nasty?!?! When did we get this perception as a society?

If/when I have kids, I will be the first to breastfeed and I am sure my family will think I am nuts. My sister got a shot that dries the milk up with her first kid, it's sad that we can do the research necessary to produce an optional drug for something like this and for men to get boners but we can't cure anything worthwhile.

that, and formula isn't cheap. my daughter was breast fed for around 6 months. my ex just got tired of it, which I can't really blame her for.

TheProfessor
08-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I disagree. I think our taboo social standards about things like nudity and other natural things are what creates some of the perverts we have. Look at all the beaches on the Mediterranean that people wear nothing if they want. Most Europeans don't treat the naked body as a sexual image. They have fewer hangups and are healthier in so may ways.

Don't get me wrong, I agree in restricting things in public, but when you place taboos on natural things, you are asking for trouble.
Holy crap, I agree with WC :wow :toast

easjer
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
That's the problem, she wasn't being discreet. I've had friends that were breast feeding, and they would use a blanket to cover up, or something to that effect. This lady didn't, just whipped it out and started feeding.

I don't know how much you know about breastfeeding, but sometimes you just can't cover up. Many babies don't like being covered with a blanket (nor would I) and sometimes mothers need to see to ensure that there is a good latch.

If the breast isn't exposed for longer than it takes to latch the baby on, I don't consider that exhibitionist. Now the woman at Applebee's who was sitting directly in my sightline, who took 5 minutes to unbutton her shirt, unhook her nursing bra, leave her uncovered breast exposed while she then removed the child from her carseat and then finally latched the baby on - that was exhibitionist.

Still, in the end, I'm going to do what I have to do to feed the baby, you know?

JudynTX
08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
:lmao

The other day at the food court in the mall, a lady whips out her boob and starts breast feeding right there.. And I was like, WTF? :lol Not that there's anything wrong with breast feeding, but I didn't think a person would care less about where she pulls out her boobs.

So how long did you stare at her? :wakeup :lol

Twisted_Dawg
08-10-2009, 07:33 PM
One of the most beautiful things about breast feeding.....the titty fairy comes to live at your house for about 6-9 months. The previous flattest wife is now cup runneth over.