PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Bring Back Wallace

duncan228
08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Pistons bring back Wallace (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wallacepistons080709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Adrian Wojnarowski

Veteran center Ben Wallace has agreed to a one-year deal for the veterans’ minimum with the Detroit Pistons, a league source said Friday.

Wallace, 34, played six seasons for the Pistons before signing with the Chicago Bulls as a free agent in the summer of 2006. He spent last season with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but was traded to Phoenix in the Shaquille O’Neal deal and a reached a buyout agreement with the Suns.

Wallace, who gave up about $4 million in the buyout with the Suns, is expected to sign the contract next week. The Pistons will count on him to provide defense and veteran leadership for a team that has undergone a significant makeover this summer.

Source: Detroit Pistons, Wallace agree to deal (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-pistons-wallace&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Larry Lage

A person with knowledge of the deal says the Detroit Pistons and Ben Wallace have agreed to reunite.

Wallace will receive a $1.3 million, one-year deal, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the contract has not been signed. Wallace is expected to do that early next week.

The former defensive player of the year helped the Pistons win the 2004 NBA title and later left as a free agent to play for the Chicago Bulls.

He was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and most recently to the Phoenix Suns as part of the Shaquille O’Neal trade. Wallace was due $14 million for the last year of his deal but gave up $4 million to become a free agent.

manufan10
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I had a feeling this was going to happen.

23LeBronJames23
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
thats cool he back on dey team to finish his career

Muser
I guess this is just so he can retire in Detroit, although does he start over Kwame?

z0sa
$14 million a year? The Bulls really overpaid that much? And didn't Detroit offer $50 for the length of the contract back then, too?

BlackBellamy
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow! Did I read that right? He gave up 4 mil. just to not be a Sun?

23LeBronJames23
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM
is he gonna teach Charle Villinuva defense?

anonoftheinternets
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM

:lol was thinking the same thing.

anonoftheinternets
08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
which is sad actually ... i am amazed at phx's medical staff, they actually fixed up hill and o'neal .. :wow .. i think they mite have helped big ben as well.

I thought shaq/hill were washed up until the medical staff fixed their issues, could have been same for big ben .... we will never know now ....

DJB
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
thats cool he back on dey team to finish his career

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Goran Dragic
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM

It's a great system Sarver created, he's put together a team that's so shitty with a leader that's so selfish, players are willing to save him money just to get away from Phoenix.

JamStone
08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Fuck me.

Didn't want it to happen. Don't like it. Feel sick about it.

jacobdrj
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Welcome home Ben.

BlackBellamy
08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
It's a great system Sarver created, he's put together a team that's so shitty with a leader that's so selfish, players are willing to save him money just to get away from Phoenix.

Sarver still had to eat the 10 mil. right? And Ben to go to a (albeit familiar) Pistons team in a similar rebuilding situation at 1.3 Mil.? And it's fuckin' Ben Wallace, who hadn't produced for shit in the last three years pickin' and choosin' over that Suns team? Big slap in the face. Welcome back to Motor City, Ben... I guess.