PDA

View Full Version : NBA players and other sports

mudyez
08-07-2009, 02:09 PM
just saw some of then Chris Paul charity bowling event (LeBron won in the final against CP3 himself)

especially CP3 did a nice job!

what sports do you think certain players are good at? (no matter if ment seriously or not)

I guess, a Tim Duncan Swiming Event would have a sure shot winner, but how about EddyCurry in a horse riding event against JJ. Barea? :hat

Nathan Explosion
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm sure Lebron would make a great wide receiver or tight end. AI was a great high school QB by all accounts. Steve Nash and soccer go great because of his elusiveness. Just to name a few.

A_Duke
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Kobe might be good a soccer, hes a big fan, Manu also since he is Argentinan and very athletic. Michael Jordan is a 4 handicap in golf.

concken
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
shawn bradley would be good at suck

mudyez
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Kobe might be good a soccer, hes a big fan, Manu also since he is Argentinan and very athletic.

LOL, I'm from germany and athletic...am I good at soccer too? ;)

Deke Mutombo is from Africa and very athletic...has to be a great marathon runner.

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Manu should be great at diving :rolleyes

Texas_Ranger
08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Tony Parker should be good in soccer. He's a friend with Thierry Henry.

callo1
08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Best multisport athlete I have ever seen is Bo Jackson.

Is TD the decent bowler,or was that Malik?

mathbzh
08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Artest could be a boxer... he is just crazy enough

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Best multisport athlete I have ever seen is Bo Jackson.

I thought TD was a crappy bowler... Damn, either Duncan228 needs to show up or I need to websearch...

duncan228
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM

I'm not sure about Malik, but Duncan is a decent bowler. He's done bowl-a-thons to raise money for his Foundation.

From 2005.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/05bat.jpg

fyatuk
08-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure about Malik, but Duncan is a decent bowler. He's done bowl-a-thons to raise money for his Foundation.

From 2005.

Excellent timing. Thanks!

ploto
08-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Amy organized those events but Tim is not some great bowler. Malik did win one year, and everyone laughed at Dave because he had the matching shoes and bowling bag with his own ball.

Summers
08-07-2009, 03:36 PM

From 2005.

If by "decent" you mean "better than his golf game. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I believe I've read some accounts here of Manu tearing it up in games of HORSE because of his soccer skills, kicking balls into the hoop from half court and things like that.

ploto
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
If by "decent" you mean "better than his golf game. :lol

His fingers do not even appear to be in the ball holes.

raspsa
08-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Timmy should do well at Poker.

baseline bum
08-08-2009, 04:14 AM

He couldn't get a decent shot in at that fatass who ran on the court and challenged him in Detroit back in '04.

Rogue
08-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Tony Parker should be good in soccer. He's a friend with Thierry Henry.
Thierry Henry used to be a damn good front line scorer even if not the best one, but he really sucks now in Barcelona. I can easily list many other French attackers superior, like Benzema, Nasri, Ribery... Even Tony Longoria would be a better player currently than Henry in the field of soccer.

DxB
08-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Thierry Henry used to be a damn good front line scorer even if not the best one, but he really sucks now in Barcelona. I can easily list many other French attackers superior, like Benzema, Nasri, Ribery... Even Tony Longoria would be a better player currently than Henry in the field of soccer.

You're a fucking retard. Makes sense though you're a mavs fan so its almost guaranteed whatever you say is gonna be straight bullshit.

For everyones info, Henry wasn't great last year, but this last season he scored 25 goals and showed much better form. He scored in Champions league (the most prestigious soccer competiton) and was at least a 7.5 to 8 out of 10 in overall play. He also helped the team to a historic treble (they won the three main soccer competitions they were involved in).

Haha Nasri is better than Henry now is he? Yea he was just fucking magical with Arsenal this year :rolleyes

Muser
08-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Steve Nash is a pretty good football (Soccer to you yanks) player.

kace
08-08-2009, 08:00 AM
who has this sig showing a video of Barkley's drive at golf ? hilarious. :lol

edit: not sure that's the same vid but there it is (at 30''):

JNlmEus21Zs

another one :rollin

http://www.thegolfblog.com/2009/05/charles-barkley-hits-golf-spectator.html

Rogue
08-08-2009, 08:46 AM
You're a fucking retard. Makes sense though you're a mavs fan so its almost guaranteed whatever you say is gonna be straight bullshit.

For everyones info, Henry wasn't great last year, but this last season he scored 25 goals and showed much better form. He scored in Champions league (the most prestigious soccer competiton) and was at least a 7.5 to 8 out of 10 in overall play. He also helped the team to a historic treble (they won the three main soccer competitions they were involved in).

Haha Nasri is better than Henry now is he? Yea he was just fucking magical with Arsenal this year :rolleyes
I was just trying to make it clear to a Tony Longoria fan that Thierry Henry is no longer the same old great player as he used to be in Haybury. Although Ronaldinio has been moved to Millan, the guy expected to be the Brazilian's successor is not Henry but Messi who is only 2/3 as old as Henry.

Honestly I'm a fan of the Real Madrid which is the only great team in Iberia half-island. The Barcelona is by no means a team as good as the RM no matter with or without Ronaldinio. When the French team was down 0-1 in the Finals of 2000 Euro Cup, we saw Wiltord and Trezeguet scoring two and helped their team win the championship. But we haven't seen Henry ever done such things to save his team, neither in Barcelona nor on his national team. At his prime, dude was just a scoring machine at best.

Sotongball21
08-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Henry = top french goal scorer. as much as I like Nasri and Trezegol, henry is still ace.
RM sucks and i think barca will own RM with their CMs Iniesta and Xavi

DxB
08-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I was just trying to make it clear to a Tony Longoria fan that Thierry Henry is no longer the same old great player as he used to be in Haybury. Although Ronaldinio has been moved to Millan, the guy expected to be the Brazilian's successor is not Henry but Messi who is only 2/3 as old as Henry.

Honestly I'm a fan of the Real Madrid which is the only great team in Iberia half-island. The Barcelona is by no means a team as good as the RM no matter with or without Ronaldinio. When the French team was down 0-1 in the Finals of 2000 Euro Cup, we saw Wiltord and Trezeguet scoring two and helped their team win the championship. But we haven't seen Henry ever done such things to save his team, neither in Barcelona nor on his national team. At his prime, dude was just a scoring machine at best.

Barca just won the fucking treble! Only 4 teams in history have ever done that and RM isnt one of them! How the FUCK are u still saying RM are better?

A mavs AND a RM fan... you're like the epitome of idiocy.

Nathan Explosion
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM

IIRC, Artest was a boxer growing up.

mudyez
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
MJ isnt a good golfer...he is just playing basetball on the green!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE12k6XIKnM&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE12k6XIKnM&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>