PDA

View Full Version : Glen Davis close to re-signing with Boston

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
According to Yahoo! twitter.

2 year deal that should be completed next week.

mystargtr34
08-07-2009, 11:08 PM
That team is pretty stacked.

redzero
08-07-2009, 11:13 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

He should come and play with Christ Paul, but he wants to play with the geriatrics for two more years.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
George motherfucking Hill.

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 12:25 AM
I think he ment defensively. Both have freakish long arms.

scanry
08-08-2009, 12:57 AM
People are overrating Hill here, but hey Rondo looks like a stud playing alongside Pierce, Garnett & Allen. Hil needs to add some body mass to be considered a lock down defender..

BTW Rondo is way overrated!!!

peskypesky
08-08-2009, 01:02 AM

You can say that again. Put him on the Bucks or Bobcats or TWolves and you'd NEVER hear his name.

08-08-2009, 01:12 AM
celtics are fucking loading up. makes sense since their championship window is probably 1, 2 years max. this team has practically no weaknesses next year. the only thing i can see is a backup point guard but rondo is young and not injury prone so he can more than handle 35-40 minutes a game.

baseline bum
08-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Am I missing something here. Parker is a much better player than Rajon, and I don't see Hill doing too much to relieve Parker. CIA, I guess.

That was because Popovich was in full head-up-the-ass mode with his coaching last season. Major minutes for Finley, Finley guarding Kobe and LeBron, Bonner starting, Mason playing backup point, Bowen rotting on the bench, lack of minutes for Hill when he was producing well, etc. Last season is probably the worst coaching job I have seen out of Pop since he gave the Spurs lots of rest and no practice before the Lakers rolled into town for game 1 of the 01 WCF.

peskypesky
08-08-2009, 01:17 AM
That was because Popovich was in full head-up-the-ass mode with his coaching last season. Major minutes for Finley, Finley guarding Kobe and LeBron, Bonner starting, Mason playing backup point, Bowen rotting on the bench, lack of minutes for Hill when he was producing well, etc. Last season is probably the worst coaching job I have seen out of Pop since he gave the Spurs lots of rest and no practice before the Lakers rolled into town for game 1 of the 01 WCF.

Ditto. Pop coached like a total fucking drunk dumbass last year. And yet we still somehow came out near the top of the conference. Imagine how well things might go this season if he coaches like he has a clue.

redzero
08-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Ditto. Pop coached like a total fucking drunk dumbass last year. And yet we still somehow came out near the top of the conference. Imagine how well things might go this season if he coaches like he has a clue.

That's the case for several teams, my Hornets included.

Byron Scott, in his infinite wisdom, substituted Ryan Bowen for David West in a neck-and-neck game between the Hornets and the Celtics. As you can probably guess, the Hornets were badly outscored in the last quarter and they lost.

That's giving away a game.

peskypesky
08-08-2009, 01:20 AM
That's the case for several teams, my Hornets included.

Byron Scott, in his infinite wisdom, substituted David West for Ryan Bowen in a neck-and-neck game between the Hornets and the Celtics. As you can probably guess, the Hornets were badly outscored in the last quarter and they lost.

That's giving away a game.

But isn't David West better than Ryan Bowen? Who the fuck is Ryan Bowen?

redzero
08-08-2009, 01:22 AM
But isn't David West better than Ryan Bowen? Who the fuck is Ryan Bowen?

I meant the other way around. I changed it. And who is Ryan Bowen? EXACTLY!

TJastal
08-08-2009, 01:27 AM
celtics are fucking loading up. makes sense since their championship window is probably 1, 2 years max. this team has practically no weaknesses next year. the only thing i can see is a backup point guard but rondo is young and not injury prone so he can more than handle 35-40 minutes a game.

Boston's championship window isn't even 1 year. When your main 3 players have 40k, 35k, 34k career minutes of NBA action and your biggest FA acquisition has 34k the probability of getting through the season w/out a major injury to 1 of them is probably like 50%. And if they happen to beat the odds there, those old legs are going to get tired by time the playoffs start.

And besides Wallace what have they done? I don't see Marquis Daniels signed yet... Big Baby not signed... Marbury not signed. These are key players they will need to have to even have a shot.

duncan228
08-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Celtics close to re-signing Davis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-davisceltics080709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Adrian Wojnarowski

Glen “Big Baby” Davis is close to signing a two-year contract to stay with the Boston Celtics, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.

The deal is expected to be signed early next week.

Davis tried to get several teams to offer him the mid-level exception, but a depressed financial market made it hard for that to happen. A handful of teams – including Detroit, New Orleans and New Jersey – discussed sign-and-trade scenarios with the Celtics, but Boston general manager Danny Ainge never wanted to lose him.

Davis will return to a frontcourt that now includes Rasheed Wallace and Shelden Williams. Davis had a markedly improved season and a good run into the playoffs while replacing injured forward Kevin Garnett. The Celtics are still working to complete a sign-and-trade deal for Indiana guard Marquis Daniels. If not, Boston will sign Daniels to the $1.9 million biannual exception. Boston no longer has interest in re-signing guard Stephon Marbury.

Davis, 23, averaged seven points a game last season and 15.8 points in the first two rounds of the playoffs. He was a second-round pick in 2007 out of LSU.

BRHornet45
08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
sons this is good news for that big enchilada eating blimp

23LeBronJames23
08-08-2009, 02:15 AM
People are overrating Hill here, but hey Rondo looks like a stud playing alongside Pierce, Garnett & Allen. Hil needs to add some body mass to be considered a lock down defender..

can u tell me how is he overrated? i mean he AVG nearly a triple double in the playoffs

Danny.Zhu
08-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Ok. So here comes the best team next season on paper.

Rogue
08-08-2009, 04:03 AM
George motherfucking Hill.
quit this troll and come back to your normal mode, Ghazi. :(

Gant
08-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Am I missing something here. Parker is a much better player than Rajon, and I don't see Hill doing too much to relieve Parker. CIA, I guess.

It depends what you want. Parker scores a lot more, mostly because he has a bigger scoring role and takes more shots. Last season their shooting percentages were fairly even across the board (except free throws which Rondo is poor at).

Rondo rebounds, passes and D's much better: per 36 last year he got 2.7 more assists, 2.4 more rebounds, double the steals, and a much better Defensive Rating (DRtg).

Also playing head to head they're very close.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2009, 12:18 PM
quit this troll and come back to your normal mode, Ghazi. :(

?

Gant
08-08-2009, 01:52 PM
This post reeks of homerism.

Ok. You look up the statistics and see if they're any different.

Gant
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Stop it...:depressed

It's simple and easy to see. Parker scores a lot more. He's great.

Rondo passes a lot better. Rondo plays much better defense. Rondo rebounds much better. Rondo gets a lot more steals.

Both guys shoot about the same percentage. Neither shoots many 3s.

When they play each other they produce about evenly.

That's the way things are.

Gant
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Benjamin Buttons Rondo is not even half the player Parker is. This is not even a sane argument.

It is a very sane argument and it's backed up. Just saying you don't agree and nothing else is just background noise.

Gant
08-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not surprised. Pierce has one good series against Kobe, then he declares himself the best in the league. If I have to explain to you that Parker is a much better player than Rajon, then.............................................. ........................

Parker is terrific. He's a great scorer. He's good at everything.

Rondo does not score a lot but he is even better at most things: Per 36 minutes he gets double the steals. He gets 75% more rebounds. He gets 23% more assists. He led all point guards in Defensive Rating.

I love Parker, but to act as if passing, defense, and rebounding have no impact in evaluating players is strange.

bostonguy
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
:lmao@ Rondo being on Parkers level. I would deal him for Parker in a hearbeat.

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3572/3385751173_2b43ce88e4.jpg
Big Baby loves d'em white girls too!

LnGrrrR
08-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Boston's championship window isn't even 1 year. When your main 3 players have 40k, 35k, 34k career minutes of NBA action and your biggest FA acquisition has 34k the probability of getting through the season w/out a major injury to 1 of them is probably like 50%. And if they happen to beat the odds there, those old legs are going to get tired by time the playoffs start.

And besides Wallace what have they done? I don't see Marquis Daniels signed yet... Big Baby not signed... Marbury not signed. These are key players they will need to have to even have a shot.

We're not resigning Marbury.

duncan228
08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
It's official.

Glen Davis: Stays With Celtics (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-lenavistaysitheltics&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

Davis has agreed to a two-year contract worth approximately $6.3 million to stay with the Celtics, the Boston Herald reports.

The deal could be signed as early as Sunday or Monday. He will make approximately $3 million this season and $3.3 million the next. Davis was hoping to get the mid-level exception from a number of other teams, but did not garner any significant interest. He will be Kevin Garnett’s primary backup at power forward this season.

LnGrrrR
08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Woot. I'm glad; Big Baby Davis made some big steps last year. On paper, our bench is much better than last year. No excuses for C's now, barring some catastrophic injury.

Muser
08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
:lmao at comparing Parker to Rajon.

As for Boston, fat baby is a good signing for them, he was terrific when KG went down, if he can stay healthy they are gonna be hard to stop.

bostonguy
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Glad to hear the news. Now we have the Marquis Daniels situation to resolve. Last I heard is he will either sign for the LLE or be signed and traded. The only issue with S&T is Indiana doesnt want Tony Allen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
:lmao at comparing Parker to Rajon.

Rondo could very well be just as good as Parker in the near future but they're not comparable players. Rondo will never be the efficient scorer Parker is, and Parker will never be the rebounder , passer or defender Rondo is. IMO Rondo and George Hill are very comparable players physically, the big difference is Hill's PG skills aren't anywhere near Rondo's.

Gant
08-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Rondo could very well be just as good as Parker in the near future but they're not comparable players. Rondo will never be the efficient scorer Parker is, and Parker will never be the rebounder , passer or defender Rondo is. IMO Rondo and George Hill are very comparable players physically, the big difference is Hill's PG skills aren't anywhere near Rondo's.

I think you might mean Rondo will never be the volume scorer Parker is. Their efficiency is as close as two players can be.

The other thing to realize about Rondo is he's still very young. The Celtics just drafted a rookie point guard late in the second round, Lester Hudson, who's older than Rondo. I think there's something over a four year age difference between Rondo and Parker.

lurker23
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
via Yahoo! Sports Twitter:

"Glen Davis two-year deal for $5 milllion with Boston includes weight-related bonuses totaling $500K each season, source tells Yahoo Sports"

http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA

Gant
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I just saw an interview with Big Baby. He has dropped a ton of weight. He looks great. Interviewer Gary Tanguay remarked on how much he'd lost. It was kind of remarkable.

This is surely going to give him more lift and quickness. With the logjam at the big spots I wouldn't be shocked to see them test Baby at the 3 (seeing that he can hit the jumper now).

He also was not happy about the tweeting imposter.