PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever got written up for bad performance at your professional job?

bugoy
08-07-2009, 11:29 PM
i felt like shit because i did once...people say its more common than one would think?

tlongII
08-08-2009, 12:10 AM
never

Darrin
08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Nope.

bugoy
08-08-2009, 01:02 AM
wow i must be pretty bad haah

spursfaninla
08-08-2009, 01:26 AM
i have had supervisors who didn't like me...that is close I think.

You should not care unless you were hoping for a promotion some time soon, and wanted to stay with that company.

CosmicCowboy
08-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I've been fired for picking my boss up by the throat, holding him against the wall with his feet dangling, and telling him I would kill him if he ever did that again. Does that count?

BacktoBasics
08-08-2009, 10:30 AM
This thread is a waste of everyone's time if you aren't willing to explain exactly what you did or what was said.

Phillip
08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
my friend got wrote up for telling my boss to fuck off once

CosmicCowboy
08-08-2009, 10:59 AM
This thread is a waste of everyone's time if you aren't willing to explain exactly what you did or what was said.

I was lead superintendent in a subdivision for a major home builder. I got a new boss. I owed a land clearing contractor about $30,000 for lot clearing. That week he had also tried to do a $100 final grade for another superintendent but got rained out and had to leave a dug up stump in the backyard till it was dry enough to get his backhoe in. I submitted them as separate checks. The new boss didn't turn my check requests in to get processed because the final grade wasn't 100% complete. He didn't tell me until the contractor was sitting in his truck outside the trailer waiting on his check and I couldn't find the checks in the stack. Needless to say, the guy was very upset and pulled a .357 on me...I spent 5 minutes looking down the barrel of that gun and trying to explain why I didn't have a check for him and why it wouldn't do him any good to kill me. He finally put the gun down and left and I went inside and told my boss I would kill him if he ever did that to me again. Ironically, the boss got transferred to a subdivision in Louisiana and pulled that same shit again...A contractor put him in intensive care for 2 months.

CuckingFunt
08-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I've never been written up, but that's largely because I worked for/with family for ten years and we'd just scream at each other instead. And I've always been the best/hardest worker in my other jobs.

EDIT: Actually, that's misleading. I was a damn good worker when I was working for family, too, it just was an environment that included a lot more petty blaming and arguing.

Strike
08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I've been written up for a few things but never bad performance. In order to get written up for doing a shitty job, you'd have to either not know what you're doing or just not be trying.

CubanMustGo
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Went from working for a large defense contractor to a much smaller firm. The pace and demands of the new job were much higher and it took me a while to align with what the company expected. My first writeup at six months said as much.

Been with them 21 years now with numerous promotions and awards. It's not a killer to have something on your record as long as you address the situation and don't let it repeat.

eyeh8u
08-08-2009, 01:05 PM
im the fucking boss, no one can tell me jack, i own the shit

tp2021
08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
im the fucking boss, no one can tell me jack, i own the shit

Okay Lil Wayne

eyeh8u
08-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay Lil Wayne
Thats Mr. Springsteen to you :downspin:

ashbeeigh
08-08-2009, 01:41 PM
When at West he had "steps" a "step 1" indicated that you may get a warning a "step 2"" was the warning and "step 3" was getting fired. They were all related to performance and the performance cirteria always changed so I never paid attention to it because I was such a suck up to start out with.

Our first peromance reviews my boss said, "You're so awesome, you and this one other girl are the only two to hit 100%. I don't see any steps in you future."

In between then and the next performance review they changed the criteria and I got a "step" I pretty much balled the rest of the day after getting the step. I was like "Wtf? You said I was fine two weeks ago."

Thank God I quit that job. Where I work now everyone loves me.