PDA

View Full Version : Is T.O. a top 5 receiver ever?

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Argument I had with a friend about this topic. I say yes, and assbag said no.

Answer the fucking poll.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Unfortunately, I say yeah. Statistically it's undeniable.

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Well like his main arguing point was ego.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Numbers don't lie..

manufan10
08-08-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know about all-time top 5. Maybe top 10 of all-time.

Who's your top 5?

Spurs/BroncoSojia
08-08-2009, 12:27 AM
My list is: 1. Jerry Rice, 2. Tim Brown, 3. Cris Carter, 4. Randy Moss, 5. Steve Largent.

J.T.
08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
My list is: 1. Jerry Rice, 2. Tim Brown, 3. Cris Carter, 4. Randy Moss, 5. Steve Largent.

Marvin Harrison and his No. 2 all-time receptions and single season receptions record that won't be broken ever unless a team decides they want to run a passing-only offense all season long disagree with your list.

And fuck T.O.

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:38 AM
JT what 5 you got over TO?

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Marvin Harrison and his No. 2 all-time receptions and single season receptions record that won't be broken ever unless a team decides they want to run a passing-only offense all season long disagree with your list.

And fuck T.O.

He's a Bronco fan, he should have good reason to have a grudge against Harrison.

Phillip
08-08-2009, 12:55 AM
TO definitely could be in the discussion. Especially since he isn't done. He has a 2, maybe 3 more 1000 yard seasons left.

J.T.
08-08-2009, 03:03 AM
JT what 5 you got over TO?

1. Anthony Gonzalez
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Patrick Crayton
4. DeSean Jackson
5. Jerry Rice

Easy question really.

KSeal
08-08-2009, 05:32 AM
TO is probably around top 10 somewhere but really who gives a fuck. Football is about the team winning, TO hasn't won jack shit and ends up fucking every team he goes to cause he's a gigantic douche stick, so fuck him.

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 09:17 AM
hahaha...............no.

1. Rice
2. Moss
3. Brown
4. Harrison
5. Carter

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
When you have probably as many career drops as you do touchdowns, no way can you be a top 5 all time receiver.

Rodriguez
08-08-2009, 09:35 AM
When you have probably as many career drops as you do touchdowns, no way can you be a top 5 all time receiver.
TO is an ignorable transparent glass-man when coming to the ratio of touchtowns to drops. :wakeup But you can't overlook the value of a tractor plowing the field.

Phillip
08-08-2009, 09:55 AM
about the only real problem TO ever had on the field was periodically dropping easy ones. but he has been about as flawless as it gets in other areas. presice route running. fantastic speed. great jumping. good focus for jumpballs. could make some very difficult catches to bail his QB out. great at getting extra yards after the catch. arguably the best blocking WR ever.

dude is a monster, and has been one of the most feared recievers in NFL history.

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
presice route running.

OMFG are you kidding me? Ask Drew Pearson what he thinks of TO's route running. Hell, ask Jerry Rice...

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/jerry-rices-advice-to-to-run-better-rout.html

"I think the thing about Terrell is that he really relies so much on his size and his speed," Rice said during an appearance on The Ticket yesterday, which blog buddy DC Fanatic forward to us. "I wish that he would just spend a little bit more time just running routes just a little bit more crisp, you know what I'm saying? Just coming out of his cuts and stuff like that. Probably that would get him the separation he needs to get more opportunity of catching the football.

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
TO was an incredibly good receiver, but he's not in the top 5 of all time. Top 10 probably.

IronMexican
08-08-2009, 11:38 AM

:toast

I'd think about replacing Owens with Largent. It's very close.

It's also a shame that Cris Carter isn't in the hall yet.

IronMexican
08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I also can't wait to see Julio Jones in the NFL.

Phillip
08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
OMFG are you kidding me? Ask Drew Pearson what he thinks of TO's route running. Hell, ask Jerry Rice...

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/jerry-rices-advice-to-to-run-better-rout.html

Give me T.O. route running before Moss.

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Moss and TO are the 2 of the biggest freaks of nature I've ever seen play foosball. They don't have to run precise routes.

They should take a few tips from Harrison :hat

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
1. Anthony Gonzalez
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Patrick Crayton
4. DeSean Jackson
5. Jerry Rice

Easy question really.

Dawg, you better take someone out and put Reche Caldwell in that list.

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 01:15 PM

bitter raiders fan.

Moss at his prime is so much better than TO at his prime it's not even funny.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
No.

You can't forget about guys like Warfield, Hutson and Alworth, either.

PGDynasty24
08-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I hate TO but he is undeniably a top 5 receiver ever. You talk about winning. What has chris carter ever won. TO still has years left in him and has amazing numbers and is still the focal of the defenses strategy. In the eagles super bowl game on a broken ankle the guy had 150 yards. He is a top 5 receiver. What has randy moss ever won? he wasnt giving any effort when he was on raiders and was a flake,at least TO gives 110% u can count on that

dirk4mvp
08-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Greg is correct.

jack sommerset
08-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Without question a top 5. Dude is a baller.

J.T.
08-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Dawg, you better take someone out and put Reche Caldwell in that list.

I think replacing Rice with Caldwell is the logical choice here.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 07:45 PM
TO is probably around top 10 somewhere but really who gives a fuck. Football is about the team winning, TO hasn't won jack shit and ends up fucking every team he goes to cause he's a gigantic douche stick, so fuck him.
:tu exactly

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM

I give a fuck and it's for arguments sake. I'd rather read this thread 43 times in a row than discuss what flavor gatorade the cowboys will have on the sidelines or is patrick crayton is going to wear reebok or nike cleats. So fuck off.

Greg Oden
08-08-2009, 07:52 PM
and if we're going to pad this poll with trolls, I'll be back as soon as I rememeber where I wrote down the passwords to mine :wakeup

Dr. Gonzo
08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I think it really depends on what factors you take into consideration. Do you just look at stats or also take game-changing ability, explosiveness, speed, hands and route running into the equation.

Without a doubt Jerry Rice is number 1. I think everybody can agree with that. From number 2-5 is very tricky. Harrison and Chris Carter were incredible route runners that didn't have great speed but were able to be in the perfect spot to get the pass. They also had ridiculous hands and would catch almost anything thrown in their direction. Steve Largent could be considered with that same group and he did hold all the major WR records at one point of his career. T.O. and Randy Moss both have incredible speed. While Moss as very good hands, T.O. is known for his drops.

But there are a few other WRs that need to be considered along with T.O. Art Monk, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Lynn Swann and Michael Irvin.

I don't know if I would go so far as to put in him the top 5 but he is definitely in the discussion.

manufan10
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I think it really depends on what factors you take into consideration. Do you just look at stats or also take game-changing ability, explosiveness, speed, hands and route running into the equation.

Without a doubt Jerry Rice is number 1. I think everybody can agree with that. From number 2-5 is very tricky. Harrison and Chris Carter were incredible route runners that didn't have great speed but were able to be in the perfect spot to get the pass. They also had ridiculous hands and would catch almost anything thrown in their direction. Steve Largent could be considered with that same group and he did hold all the major WR records at one point of his career. T.O. and Randy Moss both have incredible speed. While Moss as very good hands, T.O. is known for his drops.

But there are a few other WRs that need to be considered along with T.O. Art Monk, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Lynn Swann and Michael Irvin.

I don't know if I would go so far as to put in him the top 5 but he is definitely in the discussion.

+1 :tu

greenroom
08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I think top 10 easy. But top 5 I think he just misses out.

The Franchise
08-09-2009, 12:57 AM
TO was an incredibly good receiver, but he's not in the top 5 of all time. Top 10 probably.

DBryant88
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I think top 10 easy. But top 5 I think he just misses out.

between 4-6

Nathan Explosion
08-09-2009, 10:50 AM
First off, Randy in his prime was the best receiver in football. Second, Randy Moss was in the Super Bowl, same as T.O.

Third, T.O. is a great talent, but not a Top 5 talent.

SpuronyourFace
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
bitter raiders fan.

Nah, Moss is so one dimensional. He just excells at going down and catching the deep ball. Though he is undeniably the best I've ever seen at heading down field and grabing a 60 yard pass with ease. But he has to have a QB at the top of his game to get him the ball. With T.O., it doesn't matter who's QBing. He'll still put up numbers.

I mean I can see an argument for either of them, but to say Moss is so much more better is dumb. They are pretty close to eachother in that respect. They are both freaks.

SpuronyourFace
08-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I mean what really is the criteria for a top 5 WR of all time. Because you can't compare stats of players over decades because of the way the game has changed. And some really great WRs were on very run oriented teams and vise versa. Marvin Harrison is good, but he played with Peyton Manning. Imagine how a number of other great WRs would of done in his position.

So a discussion of "The top 5 WRs ever" is moot. Their will never an accurate ranking, ever.........just peoples opinions. But I think most would agree...Rice #1

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I think he's a top receiver but :lmao calling him a flawless route runner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Owens

#5 all time in receiving yards (probable chance of passing Jim Brown, small chance of ending with more than Bruce and Harrison)
#2 all time in receiving TDs
#6 all time in receptions (again has a chance at passing 1-3 players)

I hate the guy and he is somewhat of a choker, but stats don't lie.

Fillmoe
08-09-2009, 03:33 PM
all that matters is that rice is #1 on every fucking list... FUCK TO

dirk4mvp
08-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I think there's 2 locks that are definitely ahead of him in Rice and Harrison, one that's slightly ahead of him in Moss, and after that is up for grabs.

monosylab1k
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I think there's 2 locks that are definitely ahead of him in Rice and Harrison, one that's slightly ahead of him in Moss, and after that is up for grabs.

rofl harrison ahead of moss.

does he get extra points for his gun stashing talents?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Brah why is Starvin' Marvin a lock for #2? IMHO there's a decent debate for it between several players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 04:11 PM
It is kinda scary to think about the numbers Moss would have if Peyton Manning was the QB throwing to him for all but three seasons during his career.

dirk4mvp
08-09-2009, 04:18 PM
rofl harrison ahead of moss.

Harrison without being 6'4 and running a sub 4.3 > Moss with those attributes.

Am I supposed to list Moss ahead of Harrison cuz he got some R and R in Oakland?

rjv
08-10-2009, 09:19 AM
here are some off the bat that were better: rice, irvin, largent, morris, stallworth, hayes, carter, and even fitzgerald at an early part in his career is better.

Phillip
08-10-2009, 03:34 PM
bitter raiders fan.

what does that have to do with anything?

and I agree. But TO is still a better route runner. That's all I said.

Moss at his best is the best reciever in NFL history, and it's not even close.

gaKNOW!blee
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm not saying TO is a great route runner, but he ran two pretty good routes last night...one of them on Finnegan who is one of the best CB's and the other broke Nick Harper's ankles.

Spursfan092120
08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
what does that have to do with anything?

and I agree. But TO is still a better route runner. That's all I said.

Moss at his best is the best reciever in NFL history, and it's not even close.
Jerry Rice > Prime Moss....and it's not even close.

IronMexican
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I'd take prime. not bitching about shit, Moss over any other WR. I'd probably take him over any other skill player not named Barry.

IronMexican
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
here are some off the bat that were better: rice, irvin, largent, morris, stallworth, hayes, carter, and even fitzgerald at an early part in his career is better.

Get the fuck out.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Yes he is also a Hall of Fame WR.

holcs50
08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
I think TO is just outside right now-somewhere form 6-8 probably...I think the jury is still out on him though. If he can put together another 2/3 good years I would definitely move him up-how much im not sure. As for Moss, I always thought he was just a more dynamic player than TO-and if they were both rookies I'd take moss over him in a heartbeat. Moss would be top 5 for me right now.

J.T.
08-11-2009, 04:06 AM

You do realize that case was thrown out because the accuser couldn't get his story straight about who he though shot him, right? Harrison is as much a thug as Ben Roethlisberger is a sex offender. I mean, shit brah, I own two guns. Guess I'm a thug too.

J.T.
08-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Yes he is also a Hall of Fame WR.

I don't doubt that Owens will be in the HOF. He will. But unless he wins the Super Bowl, something he won't do in Buffalo, I doubt he'll be a first-ballot HOF. With no SB ring, he'll suffer the same fate as Cris Carter: a player everyone knows will be in the HOF but because of eligibility rules he'll be cock blocked for two or three tries. It's pretty fucked up that Carter's been eligible for two years and probably won't get in next year either because that's when Rice becomes eligible. But who knows. Last season I was trolling the NFL forum saying SB 43 would be Oakland vs Arizona and the Cardinals actually fucking made it there. You never know with the NFL.

At the risk of sounding like a Colts homer, I think Harrison will make the HOF in his first year of eligibility. It's unfortunate that the knee injury cut his career short because he was actually ahead of Owens in TD catches before that. But with the single single season receptions record (something that will never, ever be broken during a 16 game schedule), #2 all-time career receptions, his route running precision, his hands, and the way he and Manning closed the stat book on franchise QB-to-franchise WR records, I think he's a first ballot lock. He was a master of keeping his feet in bounds too. My lasting memory of Harrison will probably be that one touchdown he caught in Foxboro where his feet were about 1cm away from touching the sideline as he fell out of bounds and Belichick quickly challenged it only to get chode bloaded from every angle. Sickest TD I ever saw Marvin catch.

samikeyp
08-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Im not a Colts homer and I will say it too....Marvin Harrison should make it on his first year.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't doubt that Owens will be in the HOF. He will. But unless he wins the Super Bowl, something he won't do in Buffalo, I doubt he'll be a first-ballot HOF. With no SB ring, he'll suffer the same fate as Cris Carter: a player everyone knows will be in the HOF but because of eligibility rules he'll be cock blocked for two or three tries. It's pretty fucked up that Carter's been eligible for two years and probably won't get in next year either because that's when Rice becomes eligible. But who knows. Last season I was trolling the NFL forum saying SB 43 would be Oakland vs Arizona and the Cardinals actually fucking made it there. You never know with the NFL.

At the risk of sounding like a Colts homer, I think Harrison will make the HOF in his first year of eligibility. It's unfortunate that the knee injury cut his career short because he was actually ahead of Owens in TD catches before that. But with the single single season receptions record (something that will never, ever be broken during a 16 game schedule), #2 all-time career receptions, his route running precision, his hands, and the way he and Manning closed the stat book on franchise QB-to-franchise WR records, I think he's a first ballot lock. He was a master of keeping his feet in bounds too. My lasting memory of Harrison will probably be that one touchdown he caught in Foxboro where his feet were about 1cm away from touching the sideline as he fell out of bounds and Belichick quickly challenged it only to get chode bloaded from every angle. Sickest TD I ever saw Marvin catch.

He has Hall of fame numbers already and will probaby play until he is 40.

Dr. Gonzo
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
There is no doubt that Harrison is a first ballot hall of famer.

Spurs da champs
08-12-2009, 06:15 AM
I don't know about all-time top 5. Maybe top 10 of all-time.

Who's your top 5?
Your an idiot he's defiantly top 5.

Randy Moss doesn't seem like a great wide receiver overall when compared to TO.