PDA

View Full Version : “We weren’t beating the Lakers, even if we were whole,” Popovich said.

Pages : [1] 2

LakeShow
08-08-2009, 11:13 AM
“If you really wanted to be honest with yourself, you had to think that.”

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132942

Spurs Fans:deadhorse

JamStone
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Where's the Kobe quote, "We wouldn't have won a championship last year if Boston was healthy?"

spursfan09
08-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Laker fans = insecure bitches in all the land.

Most Spur fans knew the Spurs weren't winning shit last year.

LakeShow
08-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Bullshit! Most of you whine like a bunch of bitches.

Findog
08-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Manu > Dirk, according to Spur fan.

manufan10
08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Manu > Dirk

Now you're getting it! :tu

:lol

KSeal
08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Another thread about the Lakers where lakerfans and spurfans will bitch and complain at each other night and day about how lame each other and their teams are, cool.

LakeShow
08-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Another thread about the Lakers where lakerfans and spurfans will bitch and complain at each other night and day about how lame each other and their teams are, cool.

It happens in every thread. Wtf :lol

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Is 'Manu>Dirk' the next 'Four rings faggot'?

blink
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Where's the Kobe quote, "We wouldn't have won a championship last year if Boston was healthy?"

j-money24
08-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Dirk>Tim

Right now !

ducks
08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
duncan lost 15 pounds
should help his knees this coming season

all_heart
08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
duncan lost 15 pounds
should help his knees this coming season

yea, I heard he put down his rings and trophies... He was posing for pics to send to Dirk and the Mavs!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Findog
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
yea, I heard he put down his rings and trophies... He was posing for pics to send to Dirk and the Mavs!!

Don't talk back to your daddy:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2006/series_sasdal.html

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/seriesWest3/

BlackSwordsMan
08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
holt > cuban

JamStone
08-08-2009, 12:22 PM
holt > cuban

97% of Spurs would have disagreed prior to this off season.

You probably would have disagreed with that prior to this off season.

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 12:25 PM
And this was taken from an article complimenting the Spurs on their off-season and pronouncing our relevance again THIS YEAR. Way to use that quote to the best of your abilities over at the Lakers propaganda machine. We lost in a bad fashion to a Mavs team that proceeds to get eliminated in an equally humiliating way to the Nuggets. Manu wouldn't have saved us if the rest of the team still loses in the first round to that (sad) Mavs team last year. And the Lakers won it all. So, we were not getting past the Lakers last year? Fucking Duh!

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM

he's deinitely smarter than cuban ill give him that much, that's what happens when your owner is hands off and has a competent staff running the fo

RocketsBlood
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Lakers had the easiest road to the Finals... No Okur for the Jazz, No T-Mac and Yao got injured, Nelson was injured during the season, Suns lost Amare, Spurs had no Manu and a banged up Duncan, Boston lost KG......

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Dirk>Tim

Right now !

If you only count one end of the court, it's debatable. Otherwise :lol.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 12:27 PM
...ain't nothin' like the easy road. Beats the hard road hands down.

Muser
08-08-2009, 12:39 PM
He speaks the truth, no team with Matt Bonner and Finley getting extended minutes are gonna win.

j-money24
08-08-2009, 12:42 PM
When The Lakers give an asswhooping to the Spurs this season, Spurs fans are going to need to come up with more excuses.

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 12:47 PM
When The Lakers give an asswhooping to the Spurs this season, Spurs fans are going to need to come up with more excuses.

The Lakers are dumb. They sniff each other's butts and eat boogers. I hate them. They stink and are ugly.

Findog
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
he's deinitely smarter than cuban ill give him that much, that's what happens when your owner is hands off and has a competent staff running the fo

Maybe one day the Mavs will tank when a once in a generation big man comes available in the draft. The Spurs have a competent FO, but so do the Zombie Sonics.

DxB
08-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Its true, anyone who thought the spurs were winning it all last year was clearly delusional. I watched the playoffs hoping for a miracle but it didnt happen. In any case, Pop's right as usual, and has responded by doing something about it. What more can you ask for?

anonoftheinternets
08-08-2009, 01:19 PM
The Lakers are dumb. They sniff each other's butts and eat boogers. I hate them. They stink and are ugly.

j-money is that you?

BadOdor
08-08-2009, 01:28 PM
"but ,but ,but if manu was healtyyyyyyyy" = spur fan.

weebo
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't think any Spur fan had any misconceptions about our chances last season. We knew it would difficult just to get to the WCF let alone win the whole damn thing. The Spurs had health issues all year long and we had Bonner starting, but we are fans...and like most fans we were hoping for a miracle.

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM

The Lakers eat poop from the toilet and then they drink pee-pee.

BadOdor
08-08-2009, 02:12 PM
The Lakers eat poop from the toilet and then they drink pee-pee.

so does your mom:toast

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 02:16 PM
so does your mom:toast

Nuh-uh, your mom does. :toast

Texas_Ranger
08-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Fuck the Fakers!

spursfan09
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Then don't come to a Spurs site.... wow what a concept!

j-money24
08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
THEN DON'T COME TO OUR SITE, THEN DON'T COME TO OUR SITE.

This is the Laker/Mavs forum. Act like you know.

hahaha agree !!

mingus
08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
i guess it wasn't enough that the FO thought they had to spend $50 million this summer.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Hey jackass its posts like yours that get this place closed down

rayray2k8
08-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Jesus, how old are some of you? :rolleyes
I honestly don't care who roams around in the NBA forum, whether its laker fans or mav fans or even that 1 guy who roots for the Blazers. :lol
If it were just a "spurstalk" the site would be absolutely boring. Look at spursrport.com for example.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Maybe one day the Mavs will tank when a once in a generation big man comes available in the draft. The Spurs have a competent FO, but so do the Zombie Sonics.

I like Presti more than Buford

dirk4mvp
08-08-2009, 03:33 PM

:rollin

:ihit

rayray2k8
08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

probably higher than 97 percent. lol Cuban was always willing to shed the cash. I don't ever recall Mav fans
calling Mark Cuban "cheap" ever.

z0sa
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
And this surprises any of you how? Popovich went on record multiple times last season, including in interviews where LA hadn't even been brought up and times Manu was healthyish, that the Spurs were not as good as the Lakers.

He's sticking to his story. Nothing more, nothing less.

but notice how he said 'weren't beating', as in past tense :hat

Kobe™
08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Meh .

LakeShow
08-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Then don't come to a Spurs site.... wow what a concept!

Typical punk ass loser response.

z0sa
08-08-2009, 05:46 PM
typical punk ass loser thread.

fify

sprrs
08-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Why didn't this go in the Spurs forum?

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Because if it doesn't blow sunshine up your ass every second of the way, you won't have it.

BlackBellamy
08-08-2009, 06:03 PM

Cause they already have the article that this quote was ripped from posted over at the Spurs forum.

spursfan09
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
hahaha agree !!

Oh really? I'm pretty sure you have to type: spurstalk.com to get here.

anyways instead of taking what Pop said as a compliment, you have to yet again show your insecurity by twisting it and make believe in your heads that Spur fans didn't agree with this.

duncan228
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Cause they already have the article that this quote was ripped from posted over at the Spurs forum.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132942

cobbler
08-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Jesus, how old are some of you? :rolleyes
I honestly don't care who roams around in the NBA forum, whether its laker fans or mav fans or even that 1 guy who roots for the Blazers. :lol
If it were just a "spurstalk" the site would be absolutely boring. Look at spursrport.com for example.

Now that was funny!

Poor Tlong

ginobili's bald spot
08-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I love how Spurfan will repeat something over and over and over again as their battle cry against the Lakers and once they are proven wrong they just pretend they never said it and Laker fans are the ones who made it up. First it was the retarded "team of the decade" title that they loved to bring up before the Lakers won again. But after the Lakers had more championships in the decade it became pointless, when they were the ones who invented the dumb ass title in the first place. Then it was Kobe can't win a ring without Shaq. Then it was the only reason the Spurs didn't win the championship was because they weren't healthy excuse allll off season. But now we find out that even Pop thinks you guys are dumb asses so we'll just pretend a Laker fans insecurity invented that argument.

SonOfAGun
08-08-2009, 07:28 PM
It's true.

Between the injuries and the rodeo road trip never coming together, the entire season was doomed.

A shitty roster as well.

This year however.....

all_heart
08-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh really? I'm pretty sure you have to type: spurstalk.com to get here.

anyways instead of taking what Pop said as a compliment, you have to yet again show your insecurity by twisting it and make believe in your heads that Spur fans didn't agree with this.

+1000

We all know this.. but we have pride and hope in our team, that's what make us Spurs fan... compared to immaturity and arrogance which what makes most people Lakers fans.

sprrs
08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Because if it doesn't blow sunshine up your ass every second of the way, you won't have it.

You won't troll in "our forum" because you're scared of the response, so you troll over here? Sounds like a lousy troll to me.

cornbread
08-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I love how Spurfan...
The obsession continues.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 07:37 PM
First it was the retarded "team of the decade" title that they loved to bring up before the Lakers won again. But after the Lakers had more championships in the decade it became pointless

Yep, you coulda heard a pin drop after the Lakers notched that fourth. Took all the fun outta Team of the Decade that is for sure.

Notchin' that fourth like that on the last opportunity in the decade. Ain't that just a bitch.

LOL!

all_heart
08-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Yep, you coulda heard a pin drop after the Lakers notched that fourth. Took all the fun outta Team of the Decade that is for sure.

Notchin' that fourth like that on the last opportunity in the decade. Ain't that just a bitch.

LOL!

"team" of the decade? you can have your "team".
All the freakin drama of Kobe.. I wanna be traded.. no I don't whaaaa??
"team" of the decade with all their fair weather fans.. fuck that.. you can keep your "team"... At least our team's leader is humble and modest and supports his teammates.. he won't ever bash them the way Kobe has bashed his.. So enjoy your title for whatever it's worth, come opening night it wont' mean shit anymore.. :flag:

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 07:52 PM
You won't troll in "our forum" because you're scared of the response, so you troll over here? Sounds like a lousy troll to me.

That's your ground. It wouldn't be right for me to troll it. It wouldn't even be right for me to step foot on it even in good tidyings. And I never will.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
"team" of the decade with all their fair weather fans.. fuck that.. you can keep your "team"... At least our team's leader is humble and modest and supports his teammates.. he won't ever bash them the way Kobe has bashed his.. So enjoy your title for whatever it's worth, come opening night it wont' mean shit anymore.. :flag:

How's come our titles never mean shit after opening night, but, yours & everybody elses always extend until the following Finals?

And you've had your fair share of problem children. Your dirty laundry is always kept private for ya by Media. Our dirty laundry makes money so it's publicized.

It is what it is.

j-money24
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Team of the Decade means the team who had the most success..
Lakers 4 Championships with 2 Finals appearances.
Spurs have 3 Championships.

Only Spurs fans would say 3/3 in the Finals is better than 4/6.

j-money24
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Plus how can the most boring team to watch be the Team of the Decade anyways lol.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Only Spurs fans would say 3/3 in the Finals is better then 4/6.

This last one made Spurs Fandom very bitter. They never expected it. They had their hearts set on Team of the Decade, followed closely by Kobe can't win one without Daddy. Both tickets though got punched when the Lakers tossed that turd into the pool with their fourth.

ha, ha!

j-money24
08-08-2009, 08:15 PM
They all aligned their support with Denver. Reds Army dumped its name for Issel's Army. The clowns on this site declared we would lose in six. After we pissed on the Thuggets, their last hope was a hopeless team in Orlando. After the second loss in LA...,... out came the excuses. LA only won because the injuries, Gasol collusion, yada yada yada.

Blah blah blah
"Easiest road to the Finals, if we had Manu, we would have beat the Mavericks and beat the Lakers in West Finals."

j-money24
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
This last one made Spurs Fandom very bitter. They never expected it. They had their hearts set on Team of the Decade, followed closely by Kobe can't win one without Daddy. Both tickets though got punched when the Lakers tossed that turd into the pool with their fourth.

ha, ha!

:toast

KSeal
08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
They all aligned their support with Denver. Reds Army dumped its name for Issel's Army. The clowns on this site declared we would lose in six. After we pissed on the Thuggets, their last hope was a hopeless team in Orlando. After the second loss in LA...,... out came the excuses. LA only won because the injuries, Gasol collusion, yada yada yada.

Great post, couldn't be any more accurate. I love how Spurfans bitch and moan about injuries, what hypocrites, total hypocrites.

mingus
08-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Spurs still have a lot left to prove. i'm not sold on them by any means. on paper, they're good, damn good, but we'll have to wait and see if it materializes.

that said, the last time the Lakers beat the Spurs 4-1 in a series was in '02; a year later we sent them home crying :wow :lmao, literally, and with the same core of Tim, Manu, Parker and Pop.

:flag:

21_Blessings
08-08-2009, 08:52 PM
that said, the last time the Lakers beat the Spurs 4-1 in a series was in '02; a year later we sent them home crying :wow :lmao, literally, and with the same core of Tim, Manu, Parker and Pop.

Only this time you guys shit the bed and flamed out of the first round to the worst Mavs team of the decade.

Face the facts. Duncan is nowhere near the player he was. Spurs fan is completely overrating their team next season. Just goes to show how delusional the fan base has become. Some you even think they're the favorites :lmao

mingus
08-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Lakers fans could very well see another tear-jerker of a WCF this year with the Spurs winning. and don't forget to bring your Klenex box this time, guys. :)

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 08:54 PM
God the NBA forum sux :lol.

I dont think the Spurs beat the Lakers with a healthy Manu, but they would at least put up a fight. Too many other holes in the team.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Don't talk back to your daddy:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2006/series_sasdal.html

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/seriesWest3/
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2001/semi/west1/?nav=SiteFragment

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2003/round3_west.html

Your point? Difference is...one of ours led to a :lobt2:
Oh..and we got three more of those...four rings...

j-money24
08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
The new look Spurs are probably not even better than the Mavs or even the Blazers.
:lmao

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Only this time you guys shit the bed and flamed out of the first round to the worst Mavs team of the decade.

Face the facts. Duncan is nowhere near the player he was. Spurs fan is completely overrating their team next season. Just goes to show how delusional the fan base has become. Some you even think they're the favorites :lmao
lol @ Lakerfan who still doesn't realize Manu wasn't playing, and Tim was injured...

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:03 PM
The new look Spurs are probably not even better than the Mavs or even the Blazers.
:rolleyes

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Only Spurs fans would say 3/3 in the Finals is better than 4/6.

lol missing the playoffs and still calling yourself the team of the decade
lol Spurs having a better record over the decade and still saying you are better

IMO they're both the teams of the decade, but if you're going to argue about it, we've got just as much ammo as you.

21_Blessings
08-08-2009, 09:06 PM
lol @ Lakerfan who still doesn't realize Manu wasn't playing, and Tim was injured...

Ah the excuse of the day. Excuses: It's what Spurs fan is good at.

The Spurs are done. Time to accept that reality.

21_Blessings
08-08-2009, 09:10 PM
IMO they're both the teams of the decade, but if you're going to argue about it, we've got just as much ammo as you.

Learn how to count. 4 > 3.

Lakers are the undisputed team of the decade. Everyone knows this. No one gives a shit what myopic fans like you think though.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Exactly. Tough shit, Spurs Fandom. We squeezed out the fourth. You got stuck at three. Thems the breaks.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:17 PM
They all aligned their support with Denver.
?? Didn't realize you knew what was going through the minds of every Spurs fan...

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Lakers are the undisputed team of the decade. Everyone knows this. No one gives a shit what myopic fans like you think though.
undisputed my ass...only you would put an "undisputed" title next to something that isn't even a title. How retarded. You want the fake title? Fine..it's yours...but next June we'll be smiling with the only trophy that matters.

ginobili's bald spot
08-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Ummm no. :lol You are one of the biggest spurs homers on this site so I'm not surprised you would think that.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Fine..it's yours...but next June we'll be smiling with the only trophy that matters.

Unless you encounter a single solitary obstacle directly in your way. Then all bets are off and you turn tail and run like the wind.

You weak shit, you.

mingus
08-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Are the memories that painful? You forgot the '08 4-1 thrashing.

re-read the post, special child.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Ummm no. :lol You are one of the biggest spurs homers on this site so I'm not surprised you would think that.
You damn fucking right I'm a homer. It's called being a fanatic. I'm a hardcore Spurs fan. If there's a problem with that, and if you want to give it a negative term, that's fine. But I've been a Spurs fan through the worst days in the team's history...and to see them succeed, winning 4 titles in 10 years, including sweeping your pansy ass Laker team, I'm fucking proud of this franchise, and if that makes me a homer..yeah...I'm a homer...and proud of that shit.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Unless you encounter a single solitary obstacle directly in your way. Then all bets are off and you turn tail and run like the wind.

You weak shit, you.
lol calling me a weak shit...as if you know me.

mingus
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
i'm going to mandatorily double post from now on in anticipation of lakaluva's lack of basic reading comprehension skills.

mingus
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
i'm going to mandatorily double post from now on in anticipation of lakaluva's lack of basic reading comprehension skills..

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:29 PM
i'm going to mandatorily double post from now on in anticipation of lakaluva's lack of basic reading comprehension skills.

i'm going to mandatorily double post from now on in anticipation of lakaluva's lack of basic reading comprehension skills..

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
lol calling me a weak shit...as if you know me.

Frankly, the vast lion's share of Spurs Fandom are weak shits. You're known by the company you keep.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Frankly, the vast lion's share of Spurs Fandom are weak shits. You're known by the company you keep.
Um...I don't know any of them personally either, so they are not the "company I keep." And if you think the real Spurs fans are weak, you're out of your mind. The real Spurs fans have been through hard times. If the Lakers went 2 years in a row without a playoff birth, you'd lose half your fans, so don't start calling our fans weak, when most of your fans are bandwagon assholes who go to games because it's the "in" thing to do.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Actually, they have won 4 titles in 36 years. I like how you put a spin on that. You must have gotten amnesia from all those lumps across the head from those past Laker beat downs you claim to have been so loyal through.
Let's see here..in the last 10 years we've won 4 titles...I would say my post was pretty accurate.

mingus
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
the Lakers have 15 titles in the past 4.6 billion years.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I never said you were wrong, I'm just saying...
what about the other years, does that count?
I've been a Spurs fan since the early '80s. Every year counts. But in the last 10 years, we've won 4 titles. That's what I said..that's what I meant. That's what I was speaking of...

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 09:45 PM
And if you think the real Spurs fans are weak, you're out of your mind. The real Spurs fans have been through hard times.

You don't know hard times, fella. You don't have an arch enemy dogging you thru the decades like Boston. You've never been in a Finals of any noted challenge. They've all been gimmes. Even the Detroit one was only a contest on the superficial. You've had it all handed to you. Media has always treated you with kid gloves, making your life easier.

All the shits (Portland, Charlotte, et al) wait for us...take off games before we get there to rest up, then put it all out there for 48 minutes like its the Finals. Then for the next week they make like Rip Van Winkle.

You have no idea.

BUMP
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
You don't know hard times, fella. You don't have an arch enemy dogging you thru the decades like Boston. You've never been in a Finals of any noted challenge. They've all been gimmes. Even the Detroit one was only a contest on the superficial. You've had it all handed to you. Media has always treated you with kid gloves, making your life easier.

All the shits (Portland, Charlotte, et al) wait for us...take off games before we get there to rest up, then put it all out there for 48 minutes like its the Finals. Then for the next week they make like Rip Van Winkle.

You have no idea.

Yeah Lakers really have it tough, 15 titles and all.... :rolleyes

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah Lakers really have it tough, 15 titles and all.... :rolleyes

The tears on our pillows bespeak the pain that is in our hearts.

Death In June
08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
IFirst it was the retarded "team of the decade" title that they loved to bring up before the Lakers won again. But after the Lakers had more championships in the decade it became pointless...2000 is not the start of a new decade, it is the end of one. Deca...meaning ten, as in ten years, retard. Spurs/Lakers have the same amount of titles this decade.

BUMP
08-08-2009, 09:58 PM
The tears on our pillows bespeak the pain that is in our hearts.

I know how it is as a Cowboy fan.

I went to the game in Tennessee a few years ago when we curbstomped the Titans and i felt like i was apart of a giant circus that took over the town for a day. The stadium was packed even though their team was shit

mingus
08-08-2009, 09:58 PM
man, this was lame. Colburn , you're losing it. your trashtalking is becoming about as amusing as Lakaluv's. give me back the thirty minutes i wasted reading through this.

ginobili's bald spot
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
You damn fucking right I'm a homer. It's called being a fanatic. I'm a hardcore Spurs fan. If there's a problem with that, and if you want to give it a negative term, that's fine. But I've been a Spurs fan through the worst days in the team's history...and to see them succeed, winning 4 titles in 10 years, including sweeping your pansy ass Laker team, I'm fucking proud of this franchise, and if that makes me a homer..yeah...I'm a homer...and proud of that shit.

Being a hardcore fan doesn't have anything to do with being a blind homer. Saying stupid shit is nothing to take pride in.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
2000 is not the start of a new decade, it is the end of one. Deca...meaning ten, as in ten years, retard. Spurs/Lakers have the same amount of titles this decade.

A decade is a period of on ten years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year). The word is derived from the late Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_language) decas, from Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language) decas, from deca. The other words for spans of years also come from Latin: lustrum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustrum) (5 years), century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century) (100 years), millennium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium) (1000 years). The term usually refers to a period of ten years starting at a multiple of ten. For example, "the 1900s" refers to 1900 through to 1999 (inclusive).

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 10:10 PM
man, this was lame. Colburn , you're losing it. your trashtalking is becoming about as amusing as Lakaluv's. give me back the thirty minutes i wasted reading through this.

Sorry, Ming. I had a feeling settin' here after I'd lodged it that I'd made an ass of myself.

urunobili
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
J-Howard > Manu :wakeup

Rodriguez
08-08-2009, 10:30 PM
J-Howard > Manu :wakeup
Por Manu es Argentino?

duncan228
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Another quote to chew on. From Chuck Swirsky, ESPN Chicago.

The Lakers will have their hands full with the Spurs. I don't think R.C. Buford gets enough credit for the job he's done in San Antonio. He has two future Hall of Famers ( Tim Duncan, Greg Popovich) who get the majority of the props but Buford is the architect.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4384654&name=swirsky_chicago

manufan10
08-08-2009, 10:41 PM

:stirpot:

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Buford can't hold a candle to Buss. Buss has built 4 different championship eras (Showtime Era, the Boston & Back/Back Era, the Daddy Era, and the KG got injured/Kobe got tripped Era) in 30 years of ownership culminating in 9 NBA Championships.

Buford has 4 NBA Championships in one era, the Duncan era. Let's see him after the Duncan era has closed. That'll be his test and his judgment to the ages.

urunobili
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Por Manu es Argentino?

who is argie?

ClingingMars
08-08-2009, 10:48 PM
they will have flow in their asses when they see the Spurs play

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
First it was the retarded "team of the decade" title

Actually laker fan brought up that retarded ass team o the decade title, anyone here before 08 knows this

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Lakerfan is selling their team short. Lottery appearances and sub 50 win seasons belong on the resume. Dont be so modest. You earnt those.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Lakerfan is selling their team short. Lottery appearances and sub 50 win seasons belong on the resume. Dont be so modest. You earnt those.

dont forget the implosions and driving rudy t into depression. poor poor Rudy T

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 11:22 PM
dont forget the implosions and driving rudy t into depression. poor poor Rudy T

Do Finals embarrassments count as for or against? They were both in front of record viewing audiences.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Do Finals embarrassments count as for or against? They were both in front of record viewing audiences.

Well they did set the record for highest point margin of defeat in a finals elimination game, so i guess thats good cause who doesn't want to set a record.

Culburn369
08-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Scoreboard= Mavs, 4-1.

jejejeje!!!

BUMP
08-08-2009, 11:35 PM
No way the Spurs beat the Lakers even if healthy last year and i'll tell you why.....

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/12-14/lakers14csf_400.jpg

DOH!

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 11:37 PM
No way the Spurs beat the Lakers even if healthy last year and i'll tell you why.....

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/12-14/lakers14csf_400.jpg

DOH!

Agreed. Derek Fisher was clutch.

BUMP
08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
When the NBA's version of a mongloid on two legs is your starting center, its over before it even starts

BadOdor
08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
even assuming lakers only have 3 in "this" decade:

3 vs 3.

Lakers have 2 more finals appearances.

4-2 head2head.

Also we defended a title, spurs coulden't even get to the finals after any of their titles:lol

Lakers team of the decade, faggots!

mystargtr34
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh you ment Bonner.

BUMP
08-08-2009, 11:45 PM
i still lol :lol

qhibi0aSAZk

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Being a hardcore fan doesn't have anything to do with being a blind homer. Saying stupid shit is nothing to take pride in.
I would love you to point out the "stupid shit" that I've said. I really would. I've never overrated this team, or last year's team. I was one of the people who said the Spurs weren't going to beat the Lakers, healthy or not, but I do believe they would have beaten Dallas, and at least given LA a run. I do think LA would have won either way. So please..tell me where this "stupid shit" is that I've said..

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 12:35 AM
even assuming lakers only have 3 in "this" decade:

3 vs 3.

Lakers have 2 more finals appearances.

4-2 head2head.

Also we defended a title, spurs coulden't even get to the finals after any of their titles:lol

Lakers team of the decade, faggots!
I see why you were pinked.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 12:36 AM

You have no idea.
awww...let's cry about it. Leave it to Laker fan to bitch about ONLY having 15 titles. Give it a rest, goober...no one's buying the shit you're selling.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:20 AM

Lakers are the undisputed team of the decade. Everyone knows this. No one gives a shit what myopic fans like you think though..
6 seasons in-between titles including a Kobe-led lottery flame out and losing a 3-1 lead to the defenseless Suns. Undisputed? More like self-proclaimed. The fact that you went lottery and then bowed out after leading 3-1 speaks volumes. For seven seasons in-a-row...admit it...you were failures.
How is it a team that fails 6 times straight become team of the decade? :lmao Self-proclaimed drivel.
Credit goes to LL for knowing how to count.

08-09 is over, let's get to 09-10, the ending of the decade to see who is best.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Say again? I'll change it to 6 for the Lakers, but when you say, the Spurs missed six as well, what are you talking about?
Are you saying 6 of those years the Spurs didn't win? I get you...but at least, they weren't in a row. So explain LAL fans...how does a team that fails 6 times in a row, be considered for team of the decade?

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I see how easy it is. So does that mean that losing 6 in a row is generally acceptable in LALA land?

See how easy that is?

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I see how easy it is. So does that mean that losing 6 in a row is generally acceptable in LALA land?

See how easy that is?

spur fans need to make up their mind. who cares about your "relevance" when it didn't bring you titles? should we be impressed by the spurs losing to the lakers, then the mavs, then the lakers again, then the mavs again? only thing that matters are titles(and to some degree, runner ups). Lakers spanked spur ass 4 times this decade alone, spurs should not be talkin back to their daddy.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 02:05 AM
let me make it even easier for spurs fans:

What happened the last time the lakers met the spurs?

4-1, that's what happened, bitches.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 02:06 AM
I see why you were pinked.

how's your sisterwife doing?:lol:lol:lol

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 02:20 AM
spur fans need to make up their mind. who cares about your "relevance" when it didn't bring you titles? should we be impressed by the spurs losing to the lakers, then the mavs, then the lakers again, then the mavs again? only thing that matters are titles(and to some degree, runner ups). Lakers spanked spur ass 4 times this decade alone, spurs should not be talkin back to their daddy.
I don't know, why should I be impressed about a team that loses 6 times in a row? What's so impressive about that? And then to go the runner-up route? Why because you need to justify the ass-kickings you received courtesy of the 04 Pistons, in which you were HEAVILY FAVORED or the Celtics in 08, again in which you were HEAVILY FAVORED?

Daddy? You're more like big bully of a brother. But which big brother...hmm... I know, you're Chet from Weird Science. Here's a picture of him which I think accurately reflects you guys.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff160/devospudboy/the%20x%20files/new%20album/chet.jpg

Spurs are like the little brother who punks you from time to time to keep you honest. Guess what? Tim and the Spurs are part of the equation for 1 for the Thumb.

j-money24
08-09-2009, 02:38 AM
6 seasons in-between titles including a Kobe-led lottery flame out and losing a 3-1 lead to the defenseless Suns. Undisputed? More like self-proclaimed. The fact that you went lottery and then bowed out after leading 3-1 speaks volumes. For seven seasons in-a-row...admit it...you were failures.How is it a team that fails 6 times straight become team of the decade? :lmao Self-proclaimed drivel.
Credit goes to LL for knowing how to count.

08-09 is over, let's get to 09-10, the ending of the decade to see who is best.

Those defenseless Suns should have have won it all in 07 if it wasn't for that rigged series with you guys.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 02:38 AM
I watched that movie a million times. Lisa is dog ugly these days.
Kelly LeBrock played Lisa. She used to be a size 2 but then got married to Steven Seagal and had 3 kids. Now, she's on this list:
http://www.pocketburgers.com/2009/01/twenty-celebrities-that-have-aged.html

Interestingly, Steven wanted to do a cowboy movie but the producers couldn't do it. They couldn't find a horse big enough to fit his fat ass. He too, is on that list

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Those defenseless Suns should have have won it all in 07 if it wasn't for that rigged series with you guys.
Like the 2001 Sacramento Kings? See, what cracks me up about the ref-conspirators is when it benefits the Lakers, the shit is earned, but if it goes against the Lakers, then it's a conspiracy. Selective blindness runs rampant in Los Angeles.

j-money24
08-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Like the 2001 Sacramento Kings? See, what cracks me up about the ref-conspirators is when it benefits the Lakers, the shit is earned, but if it goes against the Lakers, then it's a conspiracy. Selective blindness runs rampant in Los Angeles.

I don't care about that, all im saying is that guy is kind of saying how could you lose to those defenseless suns when that same team should have beated you guys.

lefty
08-09-2009, 02:44 AM
6 pages.

6 pages and none of you got it.

Pop is going CIA.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't care about that, all im saying is that guy is kind of saying how could you lose to those defenseless suns when that same team should have beated you guys.

Really? Did you just use the word,"beated"?

The great Kobe Bryant coached by the great Phil Jackson had a 3-1 lead. A 3 to 1 lead and lost. Doesn't that register to you LAL fans as not too succesful? Sometimes...FAIL HAPPENS. :lmao

I get CIA Pop, but sometimes...don't you just feel like pissing on the enemy's shoes?

j-money24
08-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Playoff series between the Spurs and Lakers this Decade.

2001 Playoffs, Lakers sweep 4-0
2002 Playoffs, Lakers win 4-1
2003 Playoffs, Spurs win 4-2
2004 Playoffs, Lakers win 4-2
2008 Playoffs, Lakers win 4-1

This decade, the Lakers have knocked out the spurs 4 times, while the Spurs beat Lakers only once. Also Lakers have more Championships in this decade, 1 more than Spurs.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 02:54 AM
Hey LAL fans...did your Kobe Bryant led team miss the playoffs 1 time this decade?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team get beat in the 1st round 1 time after being up 3 to 1 this decade?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team lose 2 series in which they were heavily favored?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team not bring home the LOB 6 consecutive years in a row?

So tell me, why is it that you call yourself the team of the decade?

j-money24
08-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Hey LAL fans...did your Kobe Bryant led team miss the playoffs 1 time this decade?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team get beat in the 1st round 1 time after being up 3 to 1 this decade?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team lose 2 series in which they were heavily favored?

Did your Kobe Bryant led team not bring home the LOB 6 consecutive years in a row?

When that Kobe Bryant team has eliminated your team 4 times in 10 years tells me enough that the team of the decade doesn't belong to your beloved spurs.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 03:01 AM

Easy, we have the most titles and the most finals appearances in this decade - hence "team of the decade":toast

Not to mention have a 4-1 h2h against the second team of this decade:toast

We have rebuilt in 6 years, going from the lottery into being champs again. Once duncan is gone, how long before the spurs become relevant again?

Hint: a lot longer than 6 years:downspin:

j-money24
08-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Easy, we have the most titles and the most finals appearances in this decade - hence "team of the decade":toast

Not to mention have a 4-1 h2h against the second team of this decade:toast

We have rebuilt in 6 years, going from the lottery into being champs again. Once duncan is gone, how long before the spurs become relevant again?

Hint: a lot longer than 6 years:downspin:

Easy, they will keep tanking untill they find that special big men.

lefty
08-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Easy, they will keep tanking untill they find that special big men.

To each his own.

We tank, Jerry West gets you Gasol

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 03:11 AM
See...I told you selective blindness.
6 straight years of not winning the LOB and then the justification of the losses by saying, it was a finals appearance. HA! Please Lakerfan, you're embarrassing yourself. You got your asses handed to you by YOUR HATED CELTICS in what is a NBA Finals record for largest point differential and you want to call that an accomplishment?
Hey, the future is now. Kobe is now coming off what has been the longest season of his career. He could be superhuman OR he could go the DRob route to a variety of ailments that plague his game. So yeah, why all the future talk? Because you know the Spurs are relevant again, so to appease yourself, you rationalize by thinking what could happen once the great Tim Duncan is gone. Then again, one could ask, what happens once Kobe Bryant is gone? Since that's way in the future...who gives a fuck. I said the future is now. I can't wait. Spurs Lakers...Bring it on you LAL bitches!

Let's see who "beateds" who!

j-money24
08-09-2009, 03:15 AM
6 straight years of not winning the LOB and then the justification of the losses by saying, it was a finals appearance. HA! Please Lakerfan, you're embarrassing yourself. You got your asses handed to you by YOUR HATED CELTICS in what is a NBA Finals record for largest point differential and you want to call that an accomplishment?
Hey, the future is now. Kobe is now coming off what has been the longest season of his career. He could be superhuman OR he could go the DRob route to a variety of ailments that plague his game. So yeah, why all the future talk? Because you know the Spurs are relevant again, so to appease yourself, you rationalize by thinking what could happen once the great Tim Duncan is gone. Then again, one could ask, what happens once Kobe Bryant is gone? Since that's way in the future...who gives a fuck. I said the future is now. I can't wait. Spurs Lakers...Bring it on you LAL bitches!

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Speechless huh.
You went the emoticon route because your vocabulary lacks the needed intellect to post a witty response eh JM24? Here's an emoticon for you :lmao I'm laughing at you!
In memoriam to Michael Jackson, paraphrased for JM24's intellect. "Just Beated It" :lmao I'm still laughing at you.

j-money24
08-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Speechless huh.
You went the emoticon route because your vocabulary lacks the needed intellect to post a witty response eh JM24? Here's an emoticon for you :lmao I'm laughing at you!
In memoriam to Michael Jackson, paraphrased for JM24's intellect. "Just Beated It" :lmao I'm still laughing at you.

:clap

Congratulations, you're an idiot.

08-09-2009, 03:25 AM
all this smack talk is pointless until the season starts. spurs and lakers fans have no idea how this new and improved spurs will match up against the lakers. i do know that the spurs have plugged every major hole evident in the 2008 series. lack of youth, athelticism, bench, offense, proper bigman to play alongside duncan, and the lack of a backup pg are all solved this year.

mystargtr34
08-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Lakerfan will continue to punch-slap and scream with his eyes closed for another 3 months until the season starts. Then they will mix in some googled basketball talk every 20 or 30 posts.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Lakerfan will continue to punch-slap and scream with his eyes closed for another 3 months until the season starts. Then they will mix in some googled basketball talk every 20 or 30 posts.

Perhaps, but, that 15th ain't goin' away.

Nope.

Yer livin' with that. Ain't nothin' can change it.

BUMP
08-09-2009, 09:07 AM
all this smack talk is pointless until the season starts. spurs and lakers fans have no idea how this new and improved spurs will match up against the lakers. i do know that the spurs have plugged every major hole evident in the 2008 series. lack of youth, athelticism, bench, offense, proper bigman to play alongside duncan, and the lack of a backup pg are all solved this year.

uh since when?

all_heart
08-09-2009, 09:13 AM
uh since when?

uh.. since this summer.. haven't been paying attention have we??! don't be a putz..

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 09:17 AM
haven't been paying attention have we?

Not since the Mavs left you where they found ya.

BUMP
08-09-2009, 09:27 AM
uh.. since this summer.. haven't been paying attention have we??! don't be a putz..

i heard they traded three players including their best defender, for a mediocre SF and a "center" who's on the verge of retirement and then they drafted an undersized fatass named Blair.

still dont see how this fixes anything

resistanze
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
What the fuck is a "team of the decade"?

all_heart
08-09-2009, 09:42 AM
i heard they traded three players including their best defender, for a mediocre SF and a "center" who's on the verge of retirement and then they drafted an undersized fatass named Blair.

because your a freakin blind jackass.. that's why.. but that makes sense cause your a Mav fan, posting on spurstalk...

Blair was rebounding machine in college.. he's gonna do fine in the NBA.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 09:45 AM

lol Jason Kidd making $8.3 million
lol Tim Thomas

BUMP
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
lol someone making fun of tim thomas when Matt Bonner is on your team

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 09:53 AM
lol someone making fun of tim thomas when Matt Bonner is on your team

You mean the same Matt Bonner who shot 44% from 3 and 49% from inside the arc? That Matt Bonner?

lol at your big acquisitions being Drew Gooden, Shawn Marion, and Tim Thomas.

Good luck getting Josh Howard, Shawn Marion, and Tim Thomas to play nicely.

As to the subject of this thread, no-fucking-shit. As other people have said, you could turn it into "We weren't beating the Celtics if they were whole" and it would be something Phil Jackson should be thinking.

SpursFTW
08-09-2009, 09:56 AM

I know you hate the spurs, but that blair comment is pure bullshit, and you know it. Deep down you want blair on the mavs:rollin

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 10:00 AM
What the fuck is a "team of the decade"?

That was going to be the Spurs until KG got hurt, Lee missed those layups and Howard quit. Since then Team of the Decade has slipped badly to [What the fuck is a "team of the decade"?]

Just shows to go ya.

BUMP
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
You mean the same Matt Bonner who shot 44% from 3 and 49% from inside the arc? That Matt Bonner?

Epic Fail.

Now your just wasting my time.

The same fanbase who wanted his head in the playoffs are now trying to act like he's a gonna be some sort of positive contribution.

:lol Bonner in the playoffs

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
As to the subject of this thread, no-fucking-shit. As other people have said, you could turn it into "We weren't beating the Celtics if they were whole" and it would be something Phil Jackson should be thinking.

Yeah, but, just because you think something doesn't require one to say it.

Pop comes off as weak & puny by opening his pie hole like that.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Epic Fail.

Now your just wasting my time.

The same fanbase who wanted his head in the playoffs are now trying to act like he's a gonna be some sort of positive contribution.

:lol Bonner in the playoffsYou really like moving the goal posts don't ya?

Pop comes off as weak & puny by opening his pie hole like that.In this situation it doesn't matter because he's talking about something that has already happened. He didn't go in saying, "I'm not sure we can beat them" or anything like that. If this does anything at all to the team, I guess it would make them want to strive for the chance to beat the Lakers. But I doubt the players care.

BUMP
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
You really like moving the goal posts don't ya?

Oh i forgot, Bonner totally lit up the Mavs with his sharpshooting abilities and shut down Dirk with his defensive prowess. i must've been watching a different series. my bad :tu

Rodriguez
08-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh i forgot, Bonner totally lit up the Mavs with his sharpshooting abilities and shut down Dirk with his defensive prowess. i must've been watching a different series. my bad :tu
Noticeably Dirk was owned in that series, intricately it should be Bonner curbstomped the shit out of Dirk who only collected 19/9/2 there on average. You know you're doing a great job guarding Dirk when he is only 19/9/2.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
You really like moving the goal posts don't ya?

In this situation it doesn't matter because he's talking about something that has already happened.

[moving the goal posts] is part & parcel to any Board.

& Pop gave it away there. Never give anything away. He's probably slipping. The Pop of 3 years ago woulda never yelped "uncle" like that.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you Spurs fellows.

ginobili's bald spot
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Only in the mind of a mouth breathing spurfan is a finals appearance somehow worse than not making the finals at all. You inbreeds really are pathetic. Lets see you can't brag about being champions because we are. You can't play the 4 rings card because wre have 15 so... umm... quick spurfan think! "Oh yea we are 4 for 4 in the finals! zomg lulz pwnd" Talk about grasping at straws. :lmao

Dunc n Dave
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Pop comes off as weak & puny by opening his pie hole like that.

So how does that make Phil Jackson look when he cries "UNCLE!" by effectively saying "My team can't win this series on it's own unless I complain to the media about the refs in the post game interviews to get some more calls to go our way. Fine be DAMNED!" I'm just sayin... Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 11:43 AM
So how does that make Phil Jackson look when he cries "UNCLE!" by effectively saying "My team can't win this series on it's own unless I complain to the media about the refs in the post game interviews to get some more calls to go our way. Fine be DAMNED!" I'm just sayin... Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Your regrets are your own, Dunc. Pop said "uncle" out loud.

How you perceive Phil is your own lookout.

Dunc n Dave
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Your regrets are your own, Dunc. Pop said "uncle" out loud.

How you perceive Phil is your own lookout.

Hurts don't it. 10 rings and he still acts like a little bitch every time his team goes down ONE game. Pathetic... Where's his pride?

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Hurts don't it. 10 rings and he still acts like a little bitch every time his team goes down ONE game.

Boston did it for years to great affect. I stood there, peter in my hand, everybody laughin' their ass off,,,I finally figured it out: make the playoffs, win the last game you play. There is nothing else. How you get there, and what you have to do is of no consequence whatsoever.

Dunc n Dave
08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Boston did it for years to great affect. I stood there, peter in my hand, everybody laughin' their ass off,,,I finally figured it out: make the playoffs, win the last game you play. There is nothing else. How you get there, and what you have to do is of no consequence whatsoever.

I'm embarrassed for you Cul. Kinda makes him look weak and puny when he does that. He should take his lumps like a man. No excuses!

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Another LAL fan who "beated" it!
If Pop cried uncle in an online article, then what does one call a tell-all book by Phil in which he chronicles the failures of his own team? You know Phil was thinking, at this time...MY TEAM SUCKS! :dramaquee

And Bump...if Gooden was as awesome as you think he is, then...please tell us, WHY did he only get a 1 year deal? Shawn Marion hasn't been relevant since he was a Sun, and J Ho,when he isn't saying tht recreational marijuana is ok, has been healthy since when?

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm embarrassed for you Cul. Kinda makes him look weak and puny when he does that. He should take his lumps like a man. No excuses!

Poppycock. What's good for the goose, is sauce for the gander. West never could get it. Riley had gotten it years earlier and it seared him. He bided his time and when his time came he got after it right quick. All that "Showtime" "laid back LA", et al was nothing but racist code outta New York and the East Coast. "They" were "lunchbox" & "blue collar." It kept us where they wanted us...down. But, Buss got there and he knew precisely where the bear shit in the buckwheat. Magic saw thru it as well. He'd had a strong family, a positive father figure in his life and he knew better.

So, we followed the template that New York had struck for the Celtics. And, daddy-O, we ain't ever looked back.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Tim Thomas is probably good enough to be 8th in any depth chart in the league.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
[moving the goal posts] is part & parcel to any Board.You realize I wasn't talking to you right?

& Pop gave it away there. Never give anything away. He's probably slipping. The Pop of 3 years ago woulda never yelped "uncle" like that.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you Spurs fellows.:lol Don't try so hard man.

Ditty
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM

stupidest post ever

and 2002 kings are the real champions because the refs were proven to screw them over

and my post is true

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
how's your sisterwife doing?:lol:lol:lol
lol..wow..you're still on that? Your elevator doesn't quite go to the top, does it?

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Only in the mind of a mouth breathing spurfan is a finals appearance somehow worse than not making the finals at all. You inbreeds really are pathetic. Lets see you can't brag about being champions because we are. You can't play the 4 rings card because wre have 15 so... umm... quick spurfan think! "Oh yea we are 4 for 4 in the finals! zomg lulz pwnd" Talk about grasping at straws. :lmao
See that's the difference between a Real Fan and a bandwagon. Since I live in California and have been watching hoops since 1974, I can tell you without reservation that a real LAL fan that lived to see the yearly beatdowns to the C's would talk about that experience as anything but remotely positive. They'd say making the finals means nothing without winning.

But this bandwagon since Phil got here fandom...they worship anything that's remotely positive OR Negative. If KBB went on a 3 county tagging spree, really just vandalism in a court of law, you guys would marvel at the artwork. I could see it now. You would say,"Look how well he paints the #24 in yellow!"

I can play 4 rings, it's easy. Tim Duncan has 4 rings as the UNQUESTIONED LEADER of the Spurs. Can you say the same for Kobe? Honestly?

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 12:38 PM
and 2002 kings are the real champions because the refs were proven to screw them over

tougheth lucketh.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I can play 4 rings, it's easy.

Sure. It's those other 11 that become a real quandry, eh?

Just shows to go ya.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Not a quandry at all. 4 titles since 76. I can take that. Being small market, that's not bad at all.

Curious, why didn't you reference the whole unquestioned leader part?
Just goes to show you...even when given a chance to honestly answer a question...you selectively do not.
So...how about, were you REALLY that glad to watch the 08 Lakers get their asses kicked, giving up the largest margin of victory to the Celtics? Wow, what an accomplishment.

TheMACHINE
08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/LA-Lakers-3D-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/tie0708_white_1200x900.jpg

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 12:49 PM
More self-proclaimed drivel. 6 straight seasons of failure plus the repetitious circle jerk can cause that!

spursfan09
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Laker fans seeking validation from Spur fans. Jeez whats so great about being the team of the decade actually? Fine you can be the team of the decade.

Even though I'm not sure what you are basing this on.

Lakers 4 titles since 1999

spurs have 4 titles since 1999.

Since 2000

Lakers have 4 titles

Spurs have 3 titles, but if Spurs win in 2010 then they are tied for 4 with Lakers.

So technically you don't have that title just yet

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 12:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/LA-Lakers-3D-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg

2004/2005 Doesn't Count!

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Laker fans seeking validation from Spur fans. Jeez whats so great about being the team of the decade actually? Fine you can be the team of the decade.

Even though I'm not sure what you are basing this on.

Lakers 4 titles since 1999

spurs have 4 titles since 1999.

Since 2000

Lakers have 4 titles

Spurs have 3 titles, but if Spurs win in 2010 then they are tied for 4 with Lakers.

So technically you don't have that title just yet

The decade started at January 1, 2000. It ends on December 31, 2009.

Solly Cholly, but, you shit out of luck.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
C'mon LAL fans...I can go all day on this but truthfully, your responses are all too superficial and easily predictable. I'm getting kind of bored. You guys lack real substance. I give you a chance to honestly answer some real questions and what do we get? Total avoidance and then misdirection. You guys are good at that. Denial...not just a river in Egypt.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Man, this '09 one really put a stopper in the bottle, eh? You all had Team of the Decade done and put away. Uh, uh. Not on your sweet bippy.

KG fell down, couldn't get back up. Yao gets his injured on. Denver skins & grins themselves to death and Howard quits.

Oh, well, saylarvee.

LMAO!

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
It must really make their asses itch to know that during their greatest moment, the Lakers three-peated, rebuilt from a lottery team, and rose back to the top to claim TEAM OF THE DECADE...:lol

lol at missing the playoffs with "the best player in the league"

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
It must really make their asses itch to know that during their greatest moment, the Lakers three-peated, rebuilt from a lottery team, and rose back to the top to claim TEAM OF THE DECADE...:lol

LOL! It's a regular riot, Luva. Ain't a fuckin' thing they can do about it, cept sit here and take their medicine from our Lakers Fandom.

C'mon, come and get some!!!!!!!!!

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
“If you really wanted to be honest with yourself, you had to think that.”
Total avoidance and then misdirection. You guys are good at that. Denial...not just a river in Egypt. Honesty, Bandwagon LAL fans lack it. :td
If they had any...then they'd honestly answer the question I've posed. But see how they tip-toe around it?

PREDICTABLE. They can't say that Kobe WAS NOT the unquestioned leader for all 4 title teams. Can they? :stirpot:

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
& the goofy bastards keep trying to twist the protocol for decade. They can't figure out how to rewrite ancient history to fit their current need.

You fucked up and you're out of time, duders.

Thanks, Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
& the goofy bastards keep trying to twist the protocol for decade. They can't figure out how to rewrite ancient history to fit their current need.

You fucked up and you're out of time, duders.

Thanks, Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like you Laker Fans are the ones who really care about a meaningless designation like "Team of the Decade". Name the players on the current team that were also on the 2000 team.

mingus
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
there's a poeticism about the nobody, out-of-nowhere, small market team that the Spurs are twice ending the season of the big market, money spending machine team that the Lakers are. Lakers fans are just jealous that we get to cheer for such a team. :hat

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
It seems like you Laker Fans are the ones who really care about a meaningless designation like "Team of the Decade".

Hell yes, I really care. You guys had it (TOD) all targeted and upon your trophy case until we took Orlando into the glades and left them there.

Now its only right & proper that you suffer for your utter failure to best the Mavs and attempt to block our path.

You fucked up, Shasta, at the worst possible time. And we copped an extra one at the best possible time.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Hell yes, I really care. You guys had it (TOD) all targeted and upon your trophy case until we took Orlando into the glades and left them there.

Now its only right & proper that you suffer for your utter failure to best the Mavs and attempt to block our path.

You fucked up, Shasta, at the worst possible time. And we copped an extra one at the best possible time.
Really, you're trying too hard.

mingus
08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
oh and guys, don't forget your Klenex next year. :lmao

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
oh and guys, don't forget your Klenex next year. :lmao

Or tonight for... :jack.

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I can't imagine how it'll be once a Kobe Bryant led team becomes the first Phil Jackson coached team to NOT REPEAT. Oh the humanity! You bitches will then do the following :smchode:

TOD doesn't stand for Team Of The Decade(note:you're missing the "the" in your abbreviation, DUH!

For LAL fans, it stands for Totally Obstinate Dumbasses :lmao

Strike
08-09-2009, 01:52 PM

"But, but but if Bynum was healthyyyyyyyy" = Laker fan, 2008

DrHouse
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
In this decade:

Lakers - 4 titles, 6 Finals appearances, 4-1 head-to-head matchup with Spurs
Spurs - 3 titles, 3 Finals appearances, 1-4 head-to-head matchup with Lakers

It's pretty much settled who the better team is in this decade going by the stats.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM

BadOdor = Simple Jack.

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM
In this decade:

It's pretty much settled who the better team is in this decade going by the stats.

Who gives a shit?

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
In this decade:

The good Dr. returns from a symposium on [Anal Retentive Spurs Fandom] to lodge the perfect post.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
The good Dr. returns from a symposium on [Anal Retentive Spurs Fandom] to lodge the perfect post.

Wouldn't it be dislodge?

And I'm not too sure that claiming that your buddy has been going to any kind of anal symposium is the best way to defend him.

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't it be dislodge?

And I'm not too sure that claiming that your buddy has been going to any kind of anal symposium is the best way to defend him.

The good Doctor's hypocractic oath to the AMA overides his sacred oath to his Lakers Fandom, Black.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 02:37 PM
The good Doctor's hypocractic oath to the AMA overides his sacred oath to his Lakers Fandom, Black.

I think he would see that as the opposite, Cul. However, you prolly know better than I as to how the Doctor operates (given the knowledge of anal escapades).

TheMACHINE
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I can't imagine how it'll be once a Kobe Bryant led team becomes the first Phil Jackson coached team to NOT REPEAT. Oh the humanity! You bitches will then do the following :smchode:

TOD doesn't stand for Team Of The Decade(note:you're missing the "the" in your abbreviation, DUH!

LOL @ you trying to change topics. I guess when you're losing the "team of the decade" arguement, you need to bring up Kobe. When in fact, you're making yourself look like a fool by showing how awesome a dynasty can rebuild from being a lottery team to back on top in the same decade.

Now go buy some halo-halo and be happy your team is atleast 2nd to the Lakers this decade. Us lakers fans will be more than willing to give you the "team of 2003-2007" title.

TheMACHINE
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Who gives a shit?

obvioulsy who ever is in this thread.

SpurCharger
08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Believe What You Want.... That Was Past Tense, Whole New Year Now. What Happened In the Past Means Nothing.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Believe What You Want.... That Was Past Tense, Whole New Year Now. What Happened In the Past Means Nothing.

Finally, a spur fan who recognizes his team's 2007 title is already obsolete and means nothing in the present.

Lakers defending champs is all that matters baby!

Shastafarian
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM

What's the title of this thread?

Trainwreck2100
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Actually he was at summer camp

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Let's just be a bit more diplomatic here. I mean, without the Lakers existence the Spurs would have had a Bulls-esque decade (at least the early portion, and most likely a re-peat in there), so we gotta give you credit there. And yes, the Lakers were able to form a champ team out of a lottery team (but given the piece of real estate that you're parked on that makes sense), still give 'em credit. However, the Spurs have always remained relevant (if not elite) in the decade, that has never failed. We set the bar that forced alot of teams in the league to create their rosters a certain way to make match-up problems for us (much as the league is currently and in the early portion of the decade had to do with the Lakers) for a certain chunk of the decade. In just constantly being in the running, and winning titles within that period, and being from one of the smallest markets in the league could potentially give us reason to claim team of the decade, you can't deny us that. All that I'm saying is that stats and heads-up match-ups don't tell the whole tale, and that's not the homer Spurs fan talking in me. I think that this one is a very debatable topic that will prolly never take clear resolution. We both have the right to claim it as fans of our respective teams, but opinion is almost impossible to make fact.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Is he talking about this season or 2008?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-09-2009, 03:02 PM

How? This thread has nothing to do with team of the decade.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 03:03 PM

This season, but prolly both.

Texas_Ranger
08-09-2009, 03:03 PM

This postseason.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Let's just be a bit more diplomatic here. I mean, without the Lakers existence the Spurs would have had a Bulls-esque decade (at least the early portion, and most likely a re-peat in there), so we gotta give you credit there. And yes, the Lakers were able to form a champ team out of a lottery team (but given the piece of real estate that you're parked on that makes sense), still give 'em credit. However, the Spurs have always remained relevant (if not elite) in the decade, that has never failed. We set the bar that forced alot of teams in the league to create their rosters a certain way to make match-up problems for us (much as the league is currently and in the early portion of the decade had to do with the Lakers) for a certain chunk of the decade. In just constantly being in the running, and winning titles within that period, and being from one of the smallest markets in the league could potentially give us reason to claim team of the decade, you can't deny us that. All that I'm saying is that stats and heads-up match-ups don't tell the whole tale, and that's not the homer Spurs fan talking in me. I think that this one is a very debatable topic that will prolly never take clear resolution. We both have the right to claim it as fans of our respective teams, but opinion is almost impossible to make fact.

What is this "relevant" crap? being relevant at least gets you back into the finals after a title, spurs didn't even make consecutive finals, let alone managed to defend a title.

In the end, titles and finals are all that matter.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 03:14 PM
What is this "relevant" crap? being relevant at least gets you back into the finals after a title, spurs didn't even make consecutive finals, let alone managed to defend a title.

In the end, titles and finals are all that matter.

Ok, buddy. You keep sayin' whatever it is that you're attempting to prove on this board.

TheManFromAcme
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM

And the possibility that that could happen exists. Nothing is guaranteed we both know that. However, the Lakers are built to contend a bit longer than the Spurs. Not to mention that the Laker somehow, someway will persevere to assure they contend regardless of how that perseverence comes, crooked or not, stolen or not. If we all really thought this game was fixed and that larger markets have a significant advantage, NOBODY would be on this board but because we really know that's not what's happening we spew this malarky. It is what it is. The Lakers always find a way to assure their dominance in this league. Prior to '99 and the Spurs first championship ask yourself, "Where were the Spurs before that?". You had some good teams in the mid 90's but I don't think you really want to reference or visit your teams history back to the 80's, it was a mess and a road of broken hearts.

I would love the repeats and as many as we can get but;....even if we don't there is a calmness to it all because I know this franchise ALWAYS does what it needs to do to contend. R.C Buford has done one hell of a job with the Spurs F.O. but prior to R.C., the Spurs were not synonymous with "assuring contention". This is a recent phenomenon for this franchise.

.....So what if a Kobe led team doesn't repeat. The Lakers will be contending long after Kobe and this squad. It's a L.A. Lakers thing....

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Actually he was at summer camp

Was he was being a good little bubala at his Hebrew Day School?

08-09-2009, 03:57 PM
:lmao at the lakertrolls desperately clinging to their "team of the decade" notion. NBA goes by eras and the one it is currently is the shaq/duncan/kobe era, just like 1991-1998 is known as the jordan era. the jordan era ended in 1998 when jordan retired. this era isn't over yet just because it's suddenly 2009, all 3 players are still playing and on contenders.

i've said this before and lakertroll conveniently forgot to respond but boston won 11 NBA championships from 1957-1969, including 8 consecutive ones from 1959-1966. no NBA fan or historian will cut off the boston dynasty at 1960 and claimed that boston only won 9 championships during that "decade." their era spanned from 1957-1969. "team of the decade" is completely arbitrary because you know dynasties/eras don't end just because it hits a certain year. i know lakertroll is still too handicapped to respond to this logical post.

DrHouse
08-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

I'm going to guess the OP's intention was to point out to the many Spur fans who cling to the notion that their team had a shot if they were healthy last season that they are complete morons as the head coach of the Spurs flat out said they didn't.

Fabbs
08-09-2009, 04:03 PM
He speaks the truth, no team with Matt Bonner and Finley getting extended minutes are gonna win.
Thank you.
Dipstick Pop thinking he is being so forthcoming.

Can we get quotes from Sir Dipstick just prior to the playoffs on how he said we have as good a shot as any team? "Let's be honest with ourselves."

cornbread
08-09-2009, 04:06 PM
...Spur fans...Spurs...

The obsession continues.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

I'm going to guess the OP's intention was to point out to the many Spur fans who cling to the notion that their team had a shot if they were healthy last season that they are complete morons as the head coach of the Spurs flat out said they didn't.

It originally was a quote from an article on the Spurs board talking about our rebirth into title contention, and one of your fellow fans decided to put up a Faux news half-truth to make it look like Pop was undervaluing his team, simultaneously shutting up some fringe element of Spurs fandom that thought that we were still built for a strong showing against the Lakers last year. Seems to me that was the intention.

SonOfAGun
08-09-2009, 04:20 PM
lol at Laker being the top dog with all the $$$ and attraction they could want and still getting headaches from the little old small market texas nobody.

Being a Spurs fan, feels good man.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Finally, a spur fan who recognizes his team's 2007 title is already obsolete and means nothing in the present.

Lakers defending champs is all that matters baby!
lol..wow..that has got to be the most obviously hypocritical statement ever made. Defending champs means nothing dude..sorry to break it to you. All that means is you WERE champs..just like we were back in 2007. It's the new season now...last season is over.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
:lmao at the lakertrolls desperately clinging to their "team of the decade" notion. NBA goes by eras and the one it is currently is the shaq/duncan/kobe era, just like 1991-1998 is known as the jordan era. the jordan era ended in 1998 when jordan retired. this era isn't over yet just because it's suddenly 2009, all 3 players are still playing and on contenders.

i've said this before and lakertroll conveniently forgot to respond but boston won 11 NBA championships from 1957-1969, including 8 consecutive ones from 1959-1966. no NBA fan or historian will cut off the boston dynasty at 1960 and claimed that boston only won 9 championships during that "decade." their era spanned from 1957-1969. "team of the decade" is completely arbitrary because you know dynasties/eras don't end just because it hits a certain year. i know lakertroll is still too handicapped to respond to this logical post.
Exactly..and just like before..they won't respond..it's called selective thinking. They'll only consider the things that put them on top for the era...but that's just it..it's an era..not a decade. The "Team of the Decade" moniker is just stupid...means shit.

BadOdor
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
lol..wow..that has got to be the most obviously hypocritical statement ever made. Defending champs means nothing dude..sorry to break it to you. All that means is you WERE champs..just like we were back in 2007. It's the new season now...last season is over.

"were" we are the champs until someone beats us, punk:hat

spursfan09
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
The decade started at January 1, 2000. It ends on December 31, 2009.

Solly Cholly, but, you shit out of luck.

Oh well I was thinking the NBA calender year, not necessarily a regualar calender year. NBA begins in one year and ends in another. That should be the basis of this decade talk when it comes to NBA

Man In Black
08-09-2009, 04:49 PM
And the possibility that that could happen exists. Nothing is guaranteed we both know that. However, the Lakers are built to contend a bit longer than the Spurs. Not to mention that the Laker somehow, someway will persevere to assure they contend regardless of how that perseverence comes, crooked or not, stolen or not. If we all really thought this game was fixed and that larger markets have a significant advantage, NOBODY would be on this board but because we really know that's not what's happening we spew this malarky. It is what it is. The Lakers always find a way to assure their dominance in this league. Prior to '99 and the Spurs first championship ask yourself, "Where were the Spurs before that?". You had some good teams in the mid 90's but I don't think you really want to reference or visit your teams history back to the 80's, it was a mess and a road of broken hearts.

I would love the repeats and as many as we can get but;....even if we don't there is a calmness to it all because I know this franchise ALWAYS does what it needs to do to contend. R.C Buford has done one hell of a job with the Spurs F.O. but prior to R.C., the Spurs were not synonymous with "assuring contention". This is a recent phenomenon for this franchise.

.....So what if a Kobe led team doesn't repeat. The Lakers will be contending long after Kobe and this squad. It's a L.A. Lakers thing....

That was a valiant response. Solid take.

You know...I'm quite the knowledgeable hoop fan and I recall a time for the Lakers where they only appeared in 1 finals for an entire decade. The 91 finals, Jordan's first title. Then the rest of the decade proper. Zip, Nada, Nothing. See, it can happen. Strong media team in a large market, packed with players, with no rings. Or even worse, same situation, a team in decline due to mismanagement and bad player choices. Don't believe me? Ask the Celtics what they were like prior to the acquisition of KG and Ray Allen.

How about they were so bad, that the Duncan led Spurs actually broke the streak of only Lakers-Celtics on top for team statistics. If you look at overall winning percentages, the Spurs are now #2 in front of the Celtics and just behind the Lakers. That right there is a model of consistency. Will it occur after Duncan is gone? Remains to be seen, but he is still here an as such, will remain quite the conundrum as will the rest of the Spurs.

Try being honest LAL peeps. Nothing is guaranteed and for you guys to come here and tell us ad infinitum that the Spurs don't have a chance to win a title is completely laughable.

Pop doesn't have a problem saying something that would bug a Spur, it's a good mouthpiece story that should get a Pop a measured response and give his team what we Spurs fans know as "Appropriate Fear" or CIA Pop Code for "Quiet Confidence". When the season starts, then we shall see.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2009, 04:50 PM
"were" we are the champs until someone beats us, punk:hat
Sorry dude..it's a new season..you were last years champs...it's over...get over it.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorry dude..it's a new season..you were last years champs...it's over...get over it.

I understand what you're saying, and yes, this year has a totally different feel to it ('specially in Spursville), and winning in 08/09 does not make you the 09/10 champs, but I think (as sad as it is) that he has a point here. I mean, in order to be the champs you have to beat the champs or some other team that beat them (blow up teams like the Heat being the exception). They are certainly not guaranteed a LOB this year, but I doubt they totally fold. I woulda' said something similar our title defense years.

iggypop123
08-09-2009, 04:57 PM
bump

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Pop doesn't have a problem saying something that would bug a Spur, it's a good mouthpiece story that should get a Pop a measured response and give his team what we Spurs fans know as "Appropriate Fear" or CIA Pop Code for "Quiet Confidence". When the season starts, then we shall see.

Pop yelled "uncle"...and he's answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

The Spurs haven't won back-to-back...and they're answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

Mavs whipped the dogshit outta you guys 4-1 and cost ya's TOD...and you're answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

Let us proceed...

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Pop yelled "uncle"...and he's answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

The Spurs haven't won back-to-back...and they're answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

Mavs whipped the dogshit outta you guys 4-1 and cost ya's TOD...and you're answering for that on this Board. And that's the way it's gonna be.

Let us proceed...

It is fucking hilarious how relentless you are in pushing your silly anti-Spurs-isms! You are pushing so hard I'm beginning to think that you don't believe your own rhetoric. How about these anti-Lakers gems? The Lakers are fronted by an ego-maniac, entitled, primadonna rapist who busted up your, then championship caliber team, at his request, hurling you into complete and absolute insignificance for years. The only way you climbed up out of the ooze of being a middle-grade barely play-off contending team (and the only way Kobe even stayed prolly) is by an obvious collusion trade landing you another franchise player to pair with your cancerous current captain. This IS fun!

mytespurs
08-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Yep, gets old doesn't it??!! :hat

TheManFromAcme
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
That was a valiant response. Solid take.

You know...I'm quite the knowledgeable hoop fan and I recall a time for the Lakers where they only appeared in 1 finals for an entire decade. The 91 finals, Jordan's first title. Then the rest of the decade proper. Zip, Nada, Nothing. See, it can happen. Strong media team in a large market, packed with players, with no rings. Or even worse, same situation, a team in decline due to mismanagement and bad player choices. Don't believe me? Ask the Celtics what they were like prior to the acquisition of KG and Ray Allen.

How about they were so bad, that the Duncan led Spurs actually broke the streak of only Lakers-Celtics on top for team statistics. If you look at overall winning percentages, the Spurs are now #2 in front of the Celtics and just behind the Lakers. That right there is a model of consistency. Will it occur after Duncan is gone? Remains to be seen, but he is still here an as such, will remain quite the conundrum as will the rest of the Spurs.

Try being honest LAL peeps. Nothing is guaranteed and for you guys to come here and tell us ad infinitum that the Spurs don't have a chance to win a title is completely laughable.

Solid. I can respect your take. Besides, I can't take a shot at Pop. I love the guy. Solid coach. Solid guy.

:tu

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
It is fucking hilarious how relentless you are in pushing your silly anti-Spurs-isms! You are pushing so hard I'm beginning to think that you don't believe your own rhetoric.

Sure, it's a smidge manufactured, but, I came here siding you guys. I've had to learn on the fly to get a good hate up. I'm gettin' there.

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I see the team of the decade thing like this. Two businessmen in different markets start selling the exact same shit in their shops in 2000. One sets up in a huge market place and has great early success, followed by bankruptcy (which takes him a few years to recover from) and then more success. The other shop owner (who has no choice but to be in the smaller market) runs his shop solidly through the decade never having to fold, having lots of fluxuation but constantly comfortably profitting. The one from the big market makes four million dollars at the end of the decade, the smaller market makes three million. Who, in your opinion, had to have been the better businessman?

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Sure, it's a smidge manufactured, but, I came here siding you guys. I've had to learn on the fly to get a good hate up. I'm gettin' there.

Don't sell yourself short, Cul. I'm sure that plenty of people find you highly offensive. Me? not so much.

all_heart
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM
It is fucking hilarious how relentless you are in pushing your silly anti-Spurs-isms! You are pushing so hard I'm beginning to think that you don't believe your own rhetoric. How about these anti-Lakers gems? The Lakers are fronted by an ego-maniac, entitled, primadonna rapist who busted up your, then championship caliber team, at his request, hurling you into complete and absolute insignificance for years. The only way you climbed up out of the ooze of being a middle-grade barely play-off contending team (and the only way Kobe even stayed prolly) is by an obvious collusion trade landing you another franchise player to pair with your cancerous current captain. This IS fun!

Exactly... you can your team of the decade bullshit title.. I'm proud of what the Spurs have accomplished and how we got it, with class. The 3 leaders the Lakers have had (PJ, Kobe, and Shaq) are all egomaniacs, any way you spin it and there's no dignity in that. That's why so many people hate the Lakers..

BlackBellamy
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Exactly... you can your team of the decade bullshit title.. I'm proud of what the Spurs have accomplished and how we got it, with class. The 3 leaders the Lakers have had (PJ, Kobe, and Shaq) are all egomaniacs, any way you spin it and there's no dignity in that. That's why so many people hate the Lakers..

I was trying to use more harsh speak than I truly believe against the Lakers, kinda a Culburn spoof. But I agree that the Spurs franchise has a whole lot to be proud of. What really have the other ABA teams done? Our whole history speaks well for us. I think that the Lakers have a storied and impressive club too, even though I'm not a fan of their present incarnation. I dunno man, it's healthy to take pride in your club, but honestly we all get a little too worked up about essentially worthless bragging rights around here.

SonOfAGun
08-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Spurs still have team of the post-jordan era biiiiatch!

Culburn369
08-09-2009, 06:32 PM

And I've said as much: These Lakers (PJ, Kobe, and Shaq) are remanded to my mind and no further. They don't rest in my heart and in my guts as those before them rest. But, I can't forsake them because of their trespasses. And I do have a soft spot for the Daddy who won that first one against Indy. Their was no game face that day. No horseshit. No pretense. Only anquish roiling with relief. I tell you it was an amazing sight.

Your organization is not pristine of character & motive. But, that ain't how the cards have been dealt. They've been dealt a certain way, and nothing can change that deal. We as fandoms either accept that, or, we don't. I can accept it because that's life. It is what it is. I've made some peace with the dichotomy and I try mightily to understand the reasoning behind it.

all_heart
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I was trying to use more harsh speak than I truly believe against the Lakers, kinda a Culburn spoof. But I agree that the Spurs franchise has a whole lot to be proud of. What really have the other ABA teams done? Our whole history speaks well for us. I think that the Lakers have a storied and impressive club too, even though I'm not a fan of their present incarnation. I dunno man, it's healthy to take pride in your club, but honestly we all get a little too worked up about essentially worthless bragging rights around here.

Yea, your'e right we take things a little too seriously.. but I don't like letting the trolls run free here at SPURStalk.. :lol