PDA

View Full Version : Best/Cheapest Place to get Oil Change??

iilluzioN
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Where do you guys get your Oil Change? and How much?

Let's see if we can find the best place for the best price!

jman3000
08-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Just do it yourself. It takes about 15 minutes and you most likely only need 1 tool to get the nut off the oil container.

It actually probably costs more to buy the stuff yourself... but you're saving yourself 2 hours.

monosylab1k
08-08-2009, 02:21 PM
A quick trip to AutoZone and then your own garage.

Wild Cobra
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Just do it yourself. It takes about 15 minutes and you most likely only need 1 tool to get the nut off the oil container.

It actually probably costs more to buy the stuff yourself... but you're saving yourself 2 hours.
You usually need two tools. Some oil filters are on rather tight.

Just man-up and take it to a dealer, unless there is a cheap place that is reputable. Do not take it to a Jiffy-Lube, Wal-Mart, or the likes. Too many horror stories.

BacktoBasics
08-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Its only about 7.99 for the tool used to remove the oil filter. Most stores have specials like 14.99 for 5 quarts and a filter. Absolute highway robbery to have someone do this for you.

InRareForm
08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
i only pay 12 bucks for the service. not a big deal.

BacktoBasics
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
i only pay 12 bucks for the service. not a big deal.Well then fucking tells this guy where that is :bang

Libri
08-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I change the oil myself.

InRareForm
08-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Well then fucking tells this guy where that is :bang

http://www.purrfectauto.com/locations.cfm

PM5K
08-08-2009, 03:42 PM
It's such an important thing to do, and the people that work at JiffyLube type places are such huge incredible fuck ups that I just do it myself.

iilluzioN
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM

I know by doing it yourself it will be cheaper.... but thats not the question.

The Question is, Best/Cheapest Place to get Oil Change...

Some people like myself cannot do the Oil Change because the apartments I live at simply won't allow it ( Brand New apts )

So again, just reply to the question.

pkbpkb81
08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
kwick care dose a good job and cleans out the car for you

Viva Las Espuelas
08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
clambake can help you with this.

Udokafan05
08-08-2009, 10:37 PM
There is a place on Pat Booker Rd. that does it for $24.99 exactly.

florige
08-08-2009, 11:08 PM

Unless he has a oil filter that's in a really f'ed up spot or something. I got fortunate that mine is sorta out in the open.

jack sommerset
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Its only about 7.99 for the tool used to remove the oil filter. Most stores have specials like 14.99 for 5 quarts and a filter. Absolute highway robbery to have someone do this for you.

No shit. Another tip. Never eat out. Restaurants fucking rip you off. I can get 2 big ass steaks for 20 bucks but if I go out to eat they charge 50-100 bucks plus you give 15-20 percent tips. God forbid I want a beer. Speaking of which never ever go to a bar. You are a fucking dildo for paying 5-6 bucks for a beer. You get a 12 pack of bud for 10 bones. U guys who don't mow ur lawns are really getting fucked. 4-5 mows you pay someone else to do in most cases pays for the fucking lawn mower. Stop paying money for someone picking up your trash. Take it to the dump yourself. Don't go to the movies. Just fucking wait to the movie comes to blockbusters. Family of 4 you might be lookng at hundred bones if you get the drinks and popcorn. 6 months later you can watch the movie for 5 bucks and spend another few bones on popocorn and soda.Keep ur aircondition at 80 and drapes closed. Box fans cost 10-15 bucks a pop. Buy a bunch of them and ur house will be cool and you save a buttload of money. For you motherfuckers who buy bottle water. Fuck you. You are pissing ur money away.

jman3000
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I usually just neeed a plier wrench. My filter is about 10 inches above the oil canister nut and there's a pretty sizable area there. I just reach up, leverage myself and twist it off myself. Sometimes I need the filter grasper thingy but that's a pain in the ass to fit in there so i usually just try with my hands until i tire out or my hands are sore.

If the OP just goes to a grocery store, get a large empty box, unfold it, place it under your jacked up car, do the oil change, and bam... no evidence of oil spillage under the car and it's probably about 30 minutes of time spent total.... depending on the location of your filter.

jman3000
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Then you can walk to the mailbox and hope some mamacitas see you all manly with oil stains and what not.

lebomb
08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
:hat
No shit. Another tip. Never eat out. Restaurants fucking rip you off. I can get 2 big ass steaks for 20 bucks but if I go out to eat they charge 50-100 bucks plus you give 15-20 percent tips. God forbid I want a beer. Speaking of which never ever go to a bar. You are a fucking dildo for paying 5-6 bucks for a beer. You get a 12 pack of bud for 10 bones. U guys who don't mow ur lawns are really getting fucked. 4-5 mows you pay someone else to do in most cases pays for the fucking lawn mower. Stop paying money for someone picking up your trash. Take it to the dump yourself. Don't go to the movies. Just fucking wait to the movie comes to blockbusters. Family of 4 you might be lookng at hundred bones if you get the drinks and popcorn. 6 months later you can watch the movie for 5 bucks and spend another few bones on popocorn and soda.Keep ur aircondition at 80 and drapes closed. Box fans cost 10-15 bucks a pop. Buy a bunch of them and ur house will be cool and you save a buttload of money. For you motherfuckers who buy bottle water. Fuck you. You are pissing ur money away.

Got dayum............are you that broke? I like to be catered to some time. :(

Dont take a piss today....hold it in, everytime you flush the toilet you are wastin water.

jack sommerset
08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
:hat

Got dayum............are you that broke? I like to be catered to some time. :(

Dont take a piss today....hold it in, everytime you flush the toilet you are wastin water.

If you have to pee, go outside. If you have to shit use ur best judgement. If no family is coming over I usually leave it in the bowl until I have to go 2-3 more times. When I shut the door the smell seldom escapes.

balli
08-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Keep ur aircondition at 80 and drapes closed. Box fans cost 10-15 bucks a pop.
So your house is a dark, windy and hot cave, full up of cheap beer cans, bans on going to movies and advice on hating people who are different? I bet your kids love you.

jack sommerset
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
So your house is a dark, windy and hot cave, full up of cheap beer cans, bans on going to movies and advice on hating people who are different? I bet your kids love you.

You really should keep your attacks on me in the political forum. For the record it is called joking.

balli
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
For the record it is called joking.
For the record it is called joking.

Strike
08-09-2009, 06:23 PM
clambake can help you with this.

If your idea of cheap is $700 bucks. :lol

manufan10
08-09-2009, 11:24 PM

:lmao

Nbadan
08-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Lucky Lube on Mainland and Bandera has two options for 15.99 and 25.99 depending on whether you want premium oil or not...

timvp
08-10-2009, 04:33 AM

jack sommerset won.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2009, 04:44 AM
You go to Blockbuster?

Sucker.

clambake
08-10-2009, 09:00 AM
blow some coin and have a professional do it.

do something nice for yourself.

you already have to live in that suckhole state.

mrsmaalox
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
If you have to pee, go outside. If you have to shit use ur best judgement. If no family is coming over I usually leave it in the bowl until I have to go 2-3 more times. When I shut the door the smell seldom escapes.

If it's yellow, let it mellow

If it's brown, flush it down

Soul_Patch
08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I paid 40 + tax this morning at Walmart, for the High Mileage oil. I would do it myself, but i have no clue what to do with the old oil once i drain it.

clambake
08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I paid 40 + tax this morning at Walmart, for the High Mileage oil. I would do it myself, but i have no clue what to do with the old oil once i drain it.

if you're in texas, fry your chicken with it or dump it in whottts backyard.

he'll never know the difference.

CubanMustGo
08-10-2009, 10:24 AM

A lot of places will take your used oil to be recycled. Go here: http://earth911.com/

Enter "oil" and your zip for a list of places that accept it. The places that will take old filters are called out separately. Some places will charge a fee for the filters.

Clandestino
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
SOMERSET cracked me the fuck up.. the first joke was funny, then he kept going and going and going.. i kept laughing harder and harder