PDA

View Full Version : Obama to attend 3-nation summit in Mexico

Wild Cobra
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
LOL... President Obama is going to one of the dirtiest cities in the world to talk about clean air. I wonder if he will change his mind on restricting our emissions more. If he's a serious about clean air as he seems... what will he do? I hope he doesn't start a war with Mexico.

Obama to attend 3-nation summit in Mexico (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_PREVIEW?SITE=CAVIC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT):
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama will fly to Mexico for a two-day summit with the leaders of Mexico and Canada.

The three men are expected to work on trade, immigration, drug trafficking and security issues, as well as clean energy. They're also expected to discuss the swine flu pandemic and the economic crisis.

Obama arrives in Guadalajara Sunday afternoon and will meet with Mexican President Felipe Calderon.

Afterward, Obama will join Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper for a working dinner. Then they'll enjoy a cultural event.

The three leaders will continue their talks Monday.

SonOfAGun
08-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Gotdamnit Mexico. Again and again you pollute your air. You are hurting your citizens. You will pay for this. America will now have stricter emissions. This will show you, amigo!

DMX7
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I will say this, all that pollution was worth it for this one joke last year:

George Bush surprised world leaders with a joke about his poor record on the environment as he left the G8 summit in Japan.

"The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter.'

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2277298/President-George-Bush-Goodbye-from-the-worlds-biggest-polluter.html

ducks
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
see that trip will cost the taxpayers $200k or more with all the security and jet fuel for his time over there
and not be able to understand spanish