PDA

View Full Version : 2010 All-Star Game

Crookshanks
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I live in Arlington and today all the residents got to tour the new Cowboy Stadium free of charge. That place is really awesome! I don't care what I have to do - I'm getting tickets for the All-Star game.

I live just about 15 minutes from the stadium - so I'll be hanging around all weekend. Man - isn't it time for the new season to start?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I live in Arlington and today all the residents got to tour the new Cowboy Stadium free of charge. That place is really awesome!

Wow, congrats! Did you get a chance to buy a 90 dollar pizza and courtesy boofing by jerry jone?

Summers
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I would really, really like to go but I just don't think I can justify that kind of money. :(

robino2001
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I was checking last night and the tickets are around 500 dollars. I quickly closed the window.

Were those resale prices or what? Are the tickets through the team sold out already? I looked at tickets when they were made available to essentially any and everyone if you've ever signed up to an email list of something basketball related... I thought about buying and reselling and going if I couldn't sell them but I figured the resale market would be so flooded it wouldn't be worth it. Afterall, it is 80k+ seats.

baseline bum
08-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I think I'll pass. Watching basketball games in a football stadium sucks.

Crookshanks
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I was checking last night and the tickets are around 500 dollars. I quickly closed the window.
You have got to be kidding! I haven't actually checked out ticket prices, but if the cheapest is $500 that's a rip-off. I figured that since it's being held in a much larger place then maybe us ordinary fans would get a chance to attend. But no way am I spending $500 on a ticket. I guess I'll just have to hang out around the stadium and hope to get some pictures of stars and celebrities. What a bummer.

The All-Star game should be for fans - not for stupid celebrites who don't know a thing about basketball. That really steams me. :bang

Dro210
08-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Nah.... That's because Saturday night is gonna be at American Airlines Center, where the Mavs play.

The cheapest is $90 for the actual game on Stubhub

Hooks
08-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Nah.... That's because Saturday night is gonna be at American Airlines Center, where the Mavs play.

The cheapest is $90 for the actual game on Stubhub

i felt the need for weed
the smoke of game
they set the cheese just for me
the b the L the U N T
the B the the the U the the the D
the weed give me shotgun
Oh please Oh please
no chicken fein
but chicken weed
pick out the seeds
the heat is hitting me
me need to cruise we got to have it
dont want no cabbage
we hate that babbage
like savage
we we we wanna the marijuana
or we gonners
yo man i'm gonna
go round the corner
get right on ah ah ah ah sack
i need contact i need it bad
so i get fast just just like that
gonna crack your leg
we need to go man you move to slow take care of that
who got the hay
who got the hay
where do they stay
across the street
i'm goin crazy lookin fo the ink
i take a quarter
fill to the border of that mag
where da bud at

robino2001
08-10-2009, 08:20 AM
I figured they would be a fairly decent price, but StubHub had the cheapest thing for Saturday ar like $442, so I assume the actual game will cost more.

The game I bet should/will be wicked wicked cheap. I got 6 or 7 different email opportunities to by presale tickets... spurs season ticket holder, toros newsletter subscriber, registered with nba.com and lives in TX... etc. Pretty much any email address that the NBA has that they know belongs to someone in Texas should have got a presale offer. The tickets prices from the presale started at $25... I think the most expensive was only $500. I assume brokers snapped up tickets - wait until the game gets closer and I bet you can easily get them below face.

Now All-Star Saturday night is a totally different beast.

spursballer21
08-10-2009, 08:25 AM
how do spurs tickets cost at games ive never gone to a game of the spurs

jb4g
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
good thing they got that big ass tv, cause 50000 who attend arent going to be able to see shit otherwise. basketball in football stadiums is a horrible idea, especially the final four

mexicanjunior
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I got 3 tickets for the game at 50 a piece. With all the Ticketmaster "convenience" charges, it came out to be about $180...