PDA

View Full Version : Bad karma 36 hours I guess

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Must have complained too much to my devote and saintly wife about her watching the funeral coverage x 48 hours plus seemingly.

1) Late train, tired and cranky, worked almost 36 hours straight. Bad, bad feeling about turning on the Dallas game on a back to back on the road on TNT.
2) Get home, turn on tube at half anyway, only down 11 no worries, a hot streak by Manu, Robinson or Barry no problem. Somebody forgot to tell Spurs that, don't show up mentally or physically. Has to listen and watch the BS about how great the Mavs were clicking etc. Momentarily felt better when Nazr threw some elbows and Barry showed some serious emotion and Spurs at least did not reach record low points. However, felt nauseated, when saw the non classy Mavs acting like they had actually done something, the smuggness of AJ, and the cheshire goofy smile of Cuban.
Gimme a break, felt like leaving room but recalled Masters was probably on. . .
3) Masters stopped due to darkness just when getting exciting, and my favorite player Els is having a day like the Spurs. Woods, 2nd favorite, also off in woods or putting off greens, bouncing off flags into traps and generally, looking like Woody Austin out there.
4) Lose a blog, can live with that, got to give credit to my opponent for taking on a tough topic on his side and somehow getting it done, but it still smarts darn it.
5) Masters rained out today, broke down and sat with wife. Of course, she has me sitting and watching the Pope's funeral with tears at every scene.

Listen I loved and respected that great man but from a guys perspective, just show me the highlight "plays" please of that one.

Escape to go play ball with my son, rains softly again, Ugh.

6) Ugh x 2. No Spurs game that matters for awhile.

Now along with praying for contrition I must also pray that the Spurs get a chance this year to shut up some serious Mavs mouths and/or Suns mouths.

Anyway we could plausibly play both in playoffs??????????

Experiment2100
04-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Anyway we could plausibly play both in playoffs??????????

Nope

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I guess your right unless Spurs fell to 4. 4-5 winner I guess should play 1-8 winner. Scenario, Denver falls to 8 beats Suns, beats Mavs.
Denver finals vs. Spurs with a healthy Duncan would be interesting.

bonesinaz
04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Doc-
I don't believe in karma. You just had a bad day. ;)

Rummpd
04-08-2005, 09:28 PM
It was beyond bad, going to bed, probably roll out of it.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
It's possible, in fact it's possible for us to play the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets..

To play the Mavs in the scond round all that has to happen is for the Sonics to lose to whoever they are playing....then we'd play the Mavs in the second round...

To get Houston also it's a little more complicated...Seattle has to play Denver and Denver has to win...this would give us a first round matchup with the Rockets and a Semi final matchup with the Mavs....

Don't be surprised...Seattle VS Denver has been a huge upset in past playoffs...

But basically if Seattle gets upset we'll meet the Mavs in the Semi Finals and the Suns in the finals...as long as Seattle is the only team that gets upset.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:33 PM
It's possible, in fact it's possible for us to play the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets..

To play the Mavs in the scond round all that has to happen is for the Sonics to lose to whoever they are playing....then we'd play the Mavs in the second round...

To get Houston also it's a little more complicated...Seattle has to play Denver and Denver has to win...this would give us a first round matchup with the Rockets and a Semi final matchup with the Mavs....

Don't be surprised...Seattle VS Denver has been a huge upset in past playoffs...

But basically if Seattle gets upset we'll meet the Mavs in the Semi Finals and the Suns in the finals...as long as Seattle is the only team that gets upset.

This is 100% wrong.

As has been the case lately.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/image/play/av616.jpg
Five-Oh would be 'shamed of you, whoooooooot.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Whottt, the Mavs are in the four seed and Phoenix in the first seed. They will meet in the second round. The Spurs won't be in that part of the bracket. Even if the Spurs drop to the fourth seed and the Mavs get the second or third seed, then the Spurs won't be in the Mavs bracket. Therefore, the Spurs won't meet the Mavs in the second round.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Whottt, the Mavs are in the four seed and Phoenix in the first seed. They will meet in the second round. The Spurs won't be in that part of the bracket. Even if the Spurs drop to the fourth seed and the Mavs get the second or third seed, then the Spurs won't be in the Mavs bracket. Therefore, the Spurs won't meet the Mavs in the second round.

Don't wurry, sweet thang. whotttttt done been spread misinformation.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Um exactly how is that going to be wrong? Does the highest seed no longer play the lowest seed or something?

If Seattle loses whoever beats them is the lowest seed and will then play Phoenix....

While we play the middle seed...which will be Dallas...

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Read Whottt, I just explained it to you.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Second Round ...
The winner of 1 vs 8 plays the winner of 4 vs 5.
The winner of 2 vs 7 players the winner of 3 vs 6.

Experiment2100
04-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Um exactly how is that going to be wrong? Does the highest seed no longer play the lowest seed or something?

If Seattle loses whoever beats them is the lowest seed and will then play Phoenix....

If seattle loses to the six seed the Spurs play that six seed, not pho playing the six seed. It's a bracket not heirarchy.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:39 PM
So basically the NBA has taken away the Home Court Advantage and made having the #1 seed pointless beyond the first round? As for drawing the weakest opponent?

Well done NBA...in that case I am wrong...I didn't realize the NBA was now stupid.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM

whottttt is a confused youngun. I pray for his sanity.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Whottt -- :wtf are you talking about? It's always been this way.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
So basically the NBA has taken away the Home Court Advantage and made having the #1 seed pointless beyond the first round?

Well done NBA...in that case I am wrong...I didn't realize the NBA was now stupid.

It's always done been like that, boss. You hate me, the Little GenerAL, but I pray for you.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
It hasn't always been that way.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
What are you talking about?

When was it different?

Here are the brackets from the 2003 Title Run.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/brackets

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
TimVP..could you layoff the Mav propaganda...this is a Spurs discussion, thank you :)

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:44 PM
It hasn't always been that way.

It's been like that since I've been in the NBA. Me and Big Dave are good fearing men. We forgive you.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:45 PM
TimVP..could you layoff the Mav propaganda...this is a Spurs discussion, thank you :)

timvp speaks the truth. What do you speak? May the devil release you.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:45 PM
It used to be it was reseeded every round with the lowest seed playing the highest seed...I am not sure when they changed it but I am certain that it didn't use to be the way it is now...

Experiment2100
04-08-2005, 10:47 PM
It was that way when Denver beat Seattle at 1 vs. 8

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:48 PM
It used to be it was reseeded every round with the lowest seed playing the highest seed...I am not sure when they changed it but I am certain that it didn't use to be that way...

You thrive off of misinformation. Please see the new light and get caught up.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Even if it changed at some point, have you watched the playoffs in recent NBA history?

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
No Kori, you found out my secret :)

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:53 PM
No Kori, you found out my secret :)

Whottttt misinformed? Everybody knows how important I was to the '99 title... except that mofo.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:56 PM
I would have sworn it wasn't like that last season...

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Look, I think that Whottttt is crying. Serves him right.

timvp
04-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I would have sworn it wasn't like that last season...

You "think" a lot about me that wasn't true. It's your thing. Do what you do.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Oh please TimVP...

I realize you are excited by the unusual opportunity to catch me in error...unfortunately that doesn't change the AJ thing....

It's kinda like...you were right that the Spurs were going to waive Mercer AND Heal...and I was right in saying they were setting us up to choke by doing those things... :)

baseline bum
04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
The NBA has never re-seeded in the playoffs.

whottt
04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
LOL...what's a matter? Threatened I might be right about AJ?

whottt
04-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Tell me something...If I am so wrong about them reseeding then how come we had home court against the Lakers last season?

They were the #2 seed in the first round....

Experiment2100
04-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Tell me something...If I am so wrong about them reseeding then how come we had home court against the Lakers last season?

They were the #2 seed in the first round....

They won their division, but we had the better record. Division leaders got the top 2, now top 3 seeds. But records always decided homecourt.

whottt
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I know whoever has the better record gets HCA(and I thought that addionally they got to match up with the teams with the worst record)...but what is the point of seeding then(although it was accurate last year in us VS LA)?

Anyway my bad...I guess I got it confused with the NFL...

ShoogarBear
04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
:lmao

whottt
04-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Whatever...No wonder the NBA can't catch the NFL in popularity and everyone is always bitching about their playoffs...they don't have any safe guards in place to ensure the top teams making it to the ultimate rounds...This format leaves you with a potential conference championship game in the second round and a bunch of lopsided series everywhere else.

I am just surprised that the NBA is still using such a primitive format...

It makes the regular season and having the best record in the NBA even more meaningless....

It also can leave you with a totally crappy playoffs...

Basically the whole regular season just sets up the first round and nothing in the matchups changes from that point on...that's stupid.

This way there's no point in even having seeds after the first round of the playoffs...they are meaningless.

This is a format that should be used with a tournament played at a neutral site...to do it when you already have HCA decided by the record is just stupid...Why do they even have seeds?

timvp
04-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Whatever...No wonder the NBA can't catch the NFL in popularity and everyone is always bitching about their playoffs...they don't have any safe guards in place to ensure the top teams making it to the ultimate rounds...This format leaves you with a potential conference championship game in the second round and a bunch of lopsided series everywhere else.

I am just surprised that the NBA is still using such a primitive format...

It makes the regular season and having the best record in the NBA even more meaningless....

It also can leave you with a totally crappy playoffs...

Basically the whole regular season just sets up the first round and nothing in the matchups changes from that point on...that's stupid.

This way there's no point in even having seeds after the first round of the playoffs...they are meaningless.

This is a format that should be used with a tournament played at a neutral site...to do it when you already have HCA decided by the record is just stupid...Why do they even have seeds?

Stop ya cryin'. Dis be embarrassin' to ya family. Be a man.

whottt
04-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Alright TimVP..you win...

GO MAVS GO

timvp
04-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Alright TimVP..you win...

GO MAVS GO

Dis fool makes Damon Stoudamire seem like my cousin. You done lost it.

whottt
04-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Alright...then all that has to happen for it to be possile for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns is for the Spurs to be the first seed instead of the second...This would put them in the same bracket as the Mavs.

So yes...it is still possible for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns. Even more possible than the first scenario I pointed out...

Now apologize...oh wait...TimVP wasn't actually disputing that it was possible for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns...he was more interested in a rare whottt error and proudly celebrating his AJ fascism than anwering the question asked.

Rummpd...sorry for the brutal highjacking of your thread by the board juvenile delinquints...

But yes...it is still possible for the Spurs to play both the Mavs and Suns.

And yes...AJ still sucks!

timvp
04-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Alright...then all that has to happen for it to be possile for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns is for the Spurs to be the first seed instead of the second...This would put them in the same bracket as the Mavs.

So yes...it is still possible for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns. Even more possible than the first scenario I pointed out...

Now apologize...oh wait...TimVP wasn't actually disputing that it was possible for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns...he was more interested in a rare whottt error and proudly celebrating his AJ fascism than anwering the question asked.

Rummpd...sorry for the brutal highjacking of your thread by the board juvenile delinquints...

But yes...it is still possible for the Spurs to play both the Mavs and Suns.

And yes...AJ still sucks!

Dis boy be wack.

T Park
04-09-2005, 01:18 AM
its just too easy lmfao....

Kori Ellis
04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
then all that has to happen for it to be possile for the Spurs to play the Mavs and Suns is for the Spurs to be the first seed instead of the second

Highly unlikely that the Spurs get the first seed, but yes it is possible.

whottt
04-09-2005, 01:25 AM
What's more unlikely...a 6 seed bumping off a 3 seed or the Spurs making up 2 games in the final 7?

I think this way is more possible, so my thanks for the assist :)

I'll BBIAB, I going to gp photoshop some circle slashes on some pictures people have been posting lately :fro

Kori Ellis
04-09-2005, 01:26 AM
What's more unlikely...a 6 seed bumping off a 3 seed or the Spurs making up 2 games in the final 7?

Why are we talking about the 6 seed bumping off a the 3? (Serious question, I don't get the relevance.) Neither seem likely to me.

whottt
04-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Becuase that's what had to happen in my first scenario...the incorrect one...this one is actually more likely IMO(aside from the fact that it's possible under the seeding format).

Kori Ellis
04-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Oh okay. Yeah, if Duncan's back very soon, then they can probably still make up the games. But if he doesn't play this weekend and they drop two more, then not likely at all.

MannyIsGod
04-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Whottt, the seading works out best for the team with the best record on the condition that there are no upsets. If there is an upset somewhere along the line, then a team will get a "weaker" matchup even though they have a lower seeding.

timvp
04-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Becuase that's what had to happen in my first scenario...the incorrect one...this one is actually more likely IMO(aside from the fact that it's possible under the seeding format).

Don't worry bout dis fool, sweet thang. Dis fool is used to being incorrect.

timvp
04-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Don't worry bout dis fool, sweet thang. Dis fool is used to being incorrect.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nba/2003/0324/photo/a_robinson_vi.jpg
So true, Avery. I am ashamed of what a supposed fan of mine thinks of the heart and soul of the '99 championship team. May he one day see the light.

whottt
04-09-2005, 01:40 AM
I didn't see you speaking for Drob when the Spurs were talking about signing Karl Malone.

timvp
04-09-2005, 01:44 AM
I didn't see you speaking for Drob when the Spurs were talking about signing Karl Malone.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nba/2003/0324/photo/a_robinson_vi.jpg
Who am I to judge? I am not God. However you flip flopping because of Herpes Howard was quite comical.

whottt
04-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Whottt, the seading works out best for the team with the best record on the condition that there are no upsets. If there is an upset somewhere along the line, then a team will get a "weaker" matchup even though they have a lower seeding.

Having the best or worst record makes no difference in your opponent after the first round of the playoffs...all it does is give you HCA...

Reseeding after every round according to regular season record is a far superior and modern way of formatting post season play...

Highest seed goes to the best record and the lowest seed goes to the worst...and highest seed plays the lowest seed....

It helps increase the possiblity that the Conference championship will be the best series on the conference playoffs...

In addition...it always gurantees one very comptetive matchup(based on seeding) in every round...

The format the NBA uses is totally archaic...as others pointed out...it has never been changed.

This format is one used like in the NCAA tournament and Tennis...where everything is neutral and there are a ton of competitors involved...it's really inferior to what is used in the NFL...I am not sure what the NHL uses, I assumed it was a reseeding format...but I could be wrong.

MannyIsGod
04-09-2005, 01:54 AM
The NFL uses the same system, everyone does.

whottt
04-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Nope...it's different in the NFL...in addition to the byes for the top division winners, the seed always determines HCA...

I made the same mistake you just did...I assumed the NBA playoffs made as much sense as the NFL system...

I assumed that seeding meant something in the NBA system...it doesn't after the first round...witness last year when second seeded LA had to go on the road to play the 3 seed, us. In the NFL the higest seeded team will always have HCA.

Rummpd
04-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I am now glad I started this damm thread, someone to share the pain with (BUT GIVE WHOITT A BREAK NOW) and a smile on my face this AM (and it is a sunny day)