PDA

View Full Version : 5 days to look at every bill.

jack sommerset
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM
kfQSqjVFhf0

SnakeBoy
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Now if only he could get that website to work. Damn technical difficulties.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
So how many bills have you guys read all the way through?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-09-2009, 10:37 PM

How many have the guys in D.C. who are paid (very well) by taxpayers to do so read?

ChumpDumper
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Most of them delegate a lot of it to staff. Can you imagine reading every bill yourself? You wouldn't be able to do much else.

You know, I bet they don't read all the letters sent to them either.

SnakeBoy
08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
You wouldn't be able to do much else.

I've always hated that about jobs.

Rodriguez
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Most of them delegate a lot of it to staff. Can you imagine reading every bill yourself? You wouldn't be able to do much else.

You know, I bet they don't read all the letters sent to them either.
Even Obama himself doesn't give a second to reading these bills, knowing that the bills are just piles of quotes from those writings that already exist. Probably the bills were simply complemented by computers.

But they do read the letters sent to em, especially those containing the harsh and well-deserved criticisms against the government.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-10-2009, 12:39 AM
that doesn't matter. no one on here were voted on. this is fail.

SnakeBoy
08-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Hope and Change while campaigning. Business as usual once elected.

Jacob1983
08-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Obama wanted to be president. He needs to step up and do his job. People didn't elect him to blame Bush for everything, go on the Tonight Show and make fun of retarded people, have a beer with a cop and black dude, etc... They elected him to be the president of America. Get busy reading those fuckin bills, Barry.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2009, 03:31 AM
that doesn't matter. no one on here were voted on. this is fail.So you are proud of your ignorance.

That's expected.

And fail.

If you are going to be shitting yourself about this for the next month, you should probably be able to explain why.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Obama wanted to be president. He needs to step up and do his job. People didn't elect him to blame Bush for everything, go on the Tonight Show and make fun of retarded people, have a beer with a cop and black dude, etc... They elected him to be the president of America. Get busy reading those fuckin bills, Barry.You really think it's the President's job to read every bill before Congress? I'd bet even money you haven't read 1000 pages of anything in your life.

baseline bum
08-10-2009, 03:43 AM
I wish just one time we'd get a fucking president who had both the desire and the balls to stand up to Congress and tell them he'd veto every 1,000+ page piece of obfuscated legalese and the tacked on bribes used to get the votes to pass it. Having never lived in any other nation, I gotta ask the international posters if this is how government is everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if the horrible state of service our government provides us is a result of shitty regulation or just straight corruption. Should we tighten the rules or hang the rulers?

Rodriguez
08-10-2009, 04:05 AM
You really think it's the President's job to read every bill before Congress? I'd bet even money you haven't read 1000 pages of anything in your life.
My dictionary has more than 1,000 pages and I usually browse it from cover to cover, but I'm still pretty sure there are some pages I haven't visited yet. Some of the Obama 1,000 pages, probably, are just the mechanical quotes of bible or his previous speeches. Anyway the printer never feels tired of these tedious writings.

Rodriguez
08-10-2009, 04:11 AM
I wish just one time we'd get a fucking president who had both the desire and the balls to stand up to Congress and tell them he'd veto every 1,000+ page piece of obfuscated legalese and the tacked on bribes used to get the votes to pass it. Having never lived in any other nation, I gotta ask the international posters if this is how government is everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if the horrible state of service our government provides us is a result of shitty regulation or just straight corruption. Should we tighten the rules or hang the rulers?

Don't expect any government to be desirable until you find a piece of shit that smells sweet.

Jacob1983
08-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Chumpdumper, are you Obama's bitch? Seriously, if anyone says anything negative or bad about the guy, you're the first person to defend him. What's up with that? How much money are you willing to place on your bet?

angrydude
08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
We elect representatives to represent us. We tell them our desires and they try to make sure it happens. If they don't know what they're voting on they're not doing their job. But its THEIR job.

SonOfAGun
08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Obama doesn't have to read shit you ungrateful Americans.

That's why he's got responsible people working along side him like Mrs. Nancy Pelosi and others. No worries.

SonOfAGun
08-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Do you people have any idea the data file of a 1,000 page Bill the TOTUS would have to handle!?!?!?