PDA

View Full Version : I Am The Mob

DarrinS
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
c2ZJGSzhnCI

clambake
08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
thats funny. not one of them can prove that their own health plan will be affected.

its ashamed that all the blue hairs ended up so stupid just before death.

lets go over your health plan D. tell us about the coverage and the provider.

101A
08-10-2009, 10:11 AM
ERISA plans are phased out under the House Bill.

Therefore in San Antonio (and I'll only list the ones you recognize), the following employers WILL have to change coverage and the plans they offer:

City of San Antonio
USAA
ATT
CPS
VIA
HEB
Clear Channel Communications
SAS Shoes
Lancer Corporation
NISD
NEISD
(hell, all the school districts)
and on, and on......

Don't listen to what politicians say; watch what they do.

Since my business manages ERISA plans; well, me and my 30 employees will be "phased out" as well - that's change, for damn sure.

clambake
08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
never heard of them 101a......but i'm hoping everything works out for you.

clambake
08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
regarding ERISA...COBRA is insanely expensive for someone that gets laid off.

it should be outlawed.

101A
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
regarding ERISA...COBRA is insanely expensive for someone that gets laid off.

it should be outlawed.

COBRA is mandated by law to be the exact cost of coverage plus a 2% administrative fee.

Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1986 IS a law; a regulation, if you will, aimed at employers requiring them to offer continuing coverage for people who lose coverage under their plans. The cost was set then by Congress.

You want to outlaw a law?

clambake
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
as an employer, we transfer that exact cost of coverage to that person that just got laid off.....and they suffer a minor stroke as they're standing there.

are you that fond of the law?

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2009, 11:36 AM
ERISA plans are phased out under the House Bill.

Therefore in San Antonio (and I'll only list the ones you recognize), the following employers WILL have to change coverage and the plans they offer:

City of San Antonio
USAA
ATT
CPS
VIA
HEB
Clear Channel Communications
SAS Shoes
Lancer Corporation
NISD
NEISD
(hell, all the school districts)
and on, and on......

Don't listen to what politicians say; watch what they do.

Since my business manages ERISA plans; well, me and my 30 employees will be "phased out" as well - that's change, for damn sure.

What do you mean your businees manages ERISA plans? I know what the ERISA provisions are but I'm just curious to what type of busniess you have. My understanding of ERISA plans is that they allow certain benefits on 403(b) plans (non qualified) vs. qualified plans (which don't have ERISA provisions) and the such but I've never heard of ERISA affecting health benefits.

101A
08-10-2009, 11:42 AM
What do you mean your businees manages ERISA plans? I know what the ERISA provisions are but I'm just curious to what type of busniess you have. My understanding of ERISA plans is that they allow certain benefits on 403(b) plans (non qualified) vs. qualified plans (which don't have ERISA provisions) and the such but I've never heard of ERISA affecting health benefits.

We are a medical 3rd party administrator.

We manage (meaning provide doctors networks/Rx networks/plan documents, etc...including claims processing) for self-funded (regulated by ERISA) employers.

101A
08-10-2009, 11:44 AM
A Primer (http://www.allhealth.org/BriefingMaterials/ERISARegulationofHealthPlans-114.pdf)

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
We are a medical 3rd party administrator.

We manage (meaning provide doctors networks/Rx networks/plan documents, etc...including claims processing) for self-funded (regulated by ERISA) employers.

Got it. I work for a financial servies company that does qualified and non qualified compliance testing in addition to filing 5500s. There are other services we provide as well. I currently work with a group that is implementing a web based tool that deals with the new 403b regs of 2009 primarily dealing with the new loan and hardship limitations in addition to IRC limits monitoring..

Anyway I was not aware of the ERISA provisions on the health & welfare side.