PDA

View Full Version : is it an assole thing to do....

thispego
08-10-2009, 10:41 AM
got into an argument last night with the old lady about something.. i think she was just being contentious cause i was bitching about the self checkouts... but I made a comment that i was at heb earlier and some asshole had picked up 3 containers of sushi from the sushi bar there and then decided they didnt want it anymore so removed it from their cart and placed it on a hot shelf. I told her that was an asshole thing to do and that if they decided they didnt want it they should put it back on a refrigerated shelf. it's not like a bag of chips or something that wont go bad if you leave it unrefrigerated.

mrsmaalox
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Not sure which act you are referring to. But yes it is an asshole thing to get into arguments with old ladies. Not putting the sushi back in the refrigerated case is also an asshole thing. :D

thispego
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM
haha, nah, my old lady, she's 23 and thinks she knows everything

balli
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
That dude failed a litmus test for human worth. From that one incident I can conclude he is a bad shopper and a worse person. I'll send all my negative energy his way and I hope the utmost worst for his future.

Was your girl defending the sushi asshole's entitled impropriety? I hope not.

thispego
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
nah i just always bitch about how I will never use the self-checkout because there are clerks that are paid to do that for me, whereas, she loves the self checkout. so then i mentioned what the sushi asshole did and i guess she was upset about my self-check out bashing so she decided to disagree with me

SpursWoman
08-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Leaving the sushi there where it could spoil would have irked me too ... I probably would even have taken it back. :nerd :lol

monosylab1k
08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
self checkout is great for anti-socialites like myself who want as little human interaction in their lives as possible. It's also the most annoying thing on earth to be behind some ruhtard who can't work a self checkout properly.

thispego
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
self checkout is great for anti-socialites like myself who want as little human interaction in their lives as possible. It's also the most annoying thing on earth to be behind some ruhtard who can't work a self checkout properly.

you dont have to be social to walk through a check-out line. if these self-checkouts become too popular then it will put all these clerks out of jobs. Plus, its not like you're getting a discount on your purchase for checking yourself out

thispego
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
anti-socialites like myself who want as little human interaction in their lives as possible.

you're a weirdo, by the way

thispego
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
heath ledger... let me stop you there.... your opinion on the subject is not wanted

JoeChalupa
I use the self checkouts all the time.

Cry Havoc
you dont have to be social to walk through a check-out line. if these self-checkouts become too popular then it will put all these clerks out of jobs. Plus, its not like you're getting a discount on your purchase for checking yourself out

+1

The only time I go through self-checkout is when I have 5 items or less and don't want to make people stand around waiting for me in line.

thispego
08-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I use the self checkouts all the time.

why? i can understand the novelty appeal of it, but all the time?

Spurminator
08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Self checkout should only be used if you have 8 items or less, and never for produce.

I also think every store should have one self checkout station that has a 2 item limit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
It's also the most annoying thing on earth to be behind some ruhtard who can't work a self checkout properly.
As a rule I will only use the self check outs when there is no line. Every damn time I've ever been behind someone it ends in disaster. Got stuck behind some soccer mom trying to use expired coupons that got into it with a manager the last time. First time I ever tried to use one I got stuck behind a guy who managed to find the only fucking hammer in all of Home Depot without a price tag on it. Then once an employee gets over there to help him out, because he couldn't just go get another one, they ring it up and he says that he didn't realize the price was that high and he doesn't want it anymore. :bang

monosylab1k
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
why? i can understand the novelty appeal of it, but all the time?

It's just easier to do it yourself instead of sitting in line and putting your crap on the conveyor belt, using the plastic dividers, dealing with the checkout person. It's not like doing that is difficult, it's just easier to self checkout.

But as far as when I have lots of stuff, I never use the self checkout for that. If I'm buying tons of crap I always wait in a regular line cuz it's an asshole thing to have a shopping cart full of crap going through the self check.

marini martini
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
got into an argument last night with the old lady about something..

Not sure which act you are referring to. But yes it is an asshole thing to get into arguments with old ladies. Not putting the sushi back in the refrigerated case is also an asshole thing. :D

Speaking for the old ladies in here.....i resemble that rermark!!!:toast

thispego
08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
i resemble that rermark

lol

BacktoBasics
08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I hate people.

katyon6th
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I will only use the self checkout if there is no one else waiting in line. Otherwise, I always get fucked by getting stuck behind some idiot who doesn't know how to use it.

As far as the sushi incident, very much an asshole thing to do. If you change your mind on anything that needs to be refrigerated, the least you could do is leave it with the cashier so they can give it to someone to put it back where it belongs. Lazy.

thispego
08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
straight up lazy

Phillip
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
i use self checkout only if i have a few things, and as others said, there is no line for them, because 98% of people are morons that dont know what a barcode is or how to wave it over the stupid red lasers.

the worst is when they have a crapload of coupons to use. yesterday i was stuck behinds some lady that was trying to use coupons, and i was waiting forever.

:bang

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 01:14 PM
the worst is when you go into walmart and the most checkouts they EVER have open is 5 or 6, even at monday 9am, friday at 5, sunday at 8, christmas eve, 4th of july, they never open more than 20% of the available registers EVER

ever

i got all pissed after waiting for 20 minutes on a thursday like at 8 and i waited for the csm, asm, ccr whatever they call it now, and i asked her when are the most registers open, like what day what time, so i can come at that time, and i told her they only have 3 registers open, she said "umm, ACTually we have 7, including the selfcheckouts" i was like wow we're living in a new era

i went to walmart a day before hurricaine rita was supposed to obliterate victoria and there were 2000 people ther, 4 registers open

so dam thispego when i force my way into your house, you eat almonds and laffytaffy, and tabasco then i leave and youre eating sushi and dining at paggi

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 01:17 PM
i would say more than 2% of people know what a barcode is

a shitload of people know what an IPM and a CSM and "have you seen BOB today?" means

thispego
08-10-2009, 01:22 PM
so dam thispego when i force my way into your house, you eat almonds and laffytaffy, and tabasco then i leave and youre eating sushi and dining at paggi

i never said i ate sushi bitch, i just saw some left out at the local grocery

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 01:26 PM
yeah right i saw some eminem cds at the store too

katyon6th
08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
the worst is when you go into walmart and the most checkouts they EVER have open is 5 or 6, even at monday 9am, friday at 5, sunday at 8, christmas eve, 4th of july, they never open more than 20% of the available registers EVER

The Super Target at Crossroads kills me every time I go there just for this reason. They have like 30 lanes and only lanes 1, 2, 28 and 29 are open. Super, my ass. And they can't even open up an express lane. Fuckers.

Melmart1
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I used to work for HEB and seen people put whole roasts in the magazine rack (thus ruining both the magazine and meat if we don't find it in time) or gallons of milk on the candy stand because they didn't want it anymore, and I was two feet away. So I would loudly say "Hey, I'll take that so we can put it back and keep the prices low for you." Because invariably, it is those same jerkoffs who will come back next week and wonder why that same gallon of milk is 5 cents more expensive this week. Geez, I can think of at least one reason!

baseline bum
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM

No shit. Fuck the self-checkout. If I'm not getting a discount then why the hell should I bag everything and have to wait forever for the one clerk manning 10 stations to come check ID for my six-pack?

Strike
08-10-2009, 01:52 PM

I work in a grocery store and I say add MORE self checkouts. Most of those lazy, bitchy half-tarded cashiers make more than I do for standing in the same place for 8 hours running product across a piece of glass while I bust my ass stocking the shelves, burning more calories in an 8 hour day than they do in a God Damn month! Not to mention these slow ass cashiers get behind every 5 minutes and call people from my department to come up, get in a checkstand and bail them the fuck out, causing them to fall behind in their own work.

Fuck cashiers.

Oh by the way, when I'm working during business hours, I've seen customers put perishable items on a regular shelf when they decide they don't want it anymore. Every time I see some fuckwad do that I want to take out my boxknife and slice the tendons in their ankles. Take half a minute and put the shit back from where it came, you fucking lazy assholes!

Leetonidas
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Fuck self-checkout. Half the time you have some retarded cuckold in front of you who doesn't know how to work the shit or a stupid employee monitoring them who doesn't know how to work the shit or the piece of shit machine isn't working at all.

IronMexican
08-10-2009, 02:03 PM

ever

i got all pissed after waiting for 20 minutes on a thursday like at 8 and i waited for the csm, asm, ccr whatever they call it now, and i asked her when are the most registers open, like what day what time, so i can come at that time, and i told her they only have 3 registers open, she said "umm, ACTually we have 7, including the selfcheckouts" i was like wow we're living in a new era

i went to walmart a day before hurricaine rita was supposed to obliterate victoria and there were 2000 people ther, 4 registers open

I can't stand going to Wal Mart EVER.

chode_regulator
08-10-2009, 10:57 PM

i never said i ate sushi bitch, i just saw some left out at the local grocery

yeah right i saw some eminem cds at the store too

:lol
Classic

JoeChalupa
08-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Self checkout should only be used if you have 8 items or less, and never for produce.

I also think every store should have one self checkout station that has a 2 item limit.

I buy produce all the time using the self-checkout. But I print my produce tags at HEB so I can just scan them. It isn't that hard to do.

If there is no line at the quick checks I'll use them otherwise if there is no line in the self checkouts I'll do it myself.

JoeChalupa
08-11-2009, 12:39 AM
It's just easier to do it yourself instead of sitting in line and putting your crap on the conveyor belt, using the plastic dividers, dealing with the checkout person. It's not like doing that is difficult, it's just easier to self checkout.

But as far as when I have lots of stuff, I never use the self checkout for that. If I'm buying tons of crap I always wait in a regular line cuz it's an asshole thing to have a shopping cart full of crap going through the self check.

I concur. But if there isn't a long line at the regular checkout then yes, I will go there but if I have less than 20 items and they are not bulky then I'll use the self checkouts.