08-10-2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/10/baloncesto/seleccion/1249928780.html

use a google translater

IronMexican
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Hope it's not serious.

Strike
08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Same here. Not that I like the guy but I never like seeing players get hurt.

cornbread
08-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I just don't want PJ to say "*2010 NBA champions Spurs"

Don't be ridiculous. When have you ever heard Phil Jackson make excuses after a loss?

balli
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/10/baloncesto/seleccion/1249928780.html

use a google translater

Pau Gasol has been the scare in the final training of the Spanish selection to be transferred to a hospital in Seville by a blow on the hand. The wing-pivot of the Lakers had to leave the meeting of Spanish combined, by a blow to the index finger of his left hand, although it is unknown the extent of the injury.

Gasol was hit in a game in which they tried to plug Felipe Reyes. The player, who joined last Friday to the concentration of the men engaged in the locality Scariolo Cadiz, was participating in his fourth meeting with the group.

Pau Gasol has been transferred to a medical center in Seville, where he is awaiting to be practice tests, and X-ray plates to determine the extent of the coup.

Muser
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
It's on his finger, shouldn't bee too bad.

ElNono
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Pau Gasol sounds the alarms after being taken to a Hospital

Pau Gasol scared everybody in the last training session of the Spanish National Team after being taken to a hospital in Sevilla because of a injury on his hand. The Laker's PF had to leave the session because of a injury on his left hand's index finger, although the extent of his injury is still unknown.

Gasol was injured in a play where he tried to block Felipe Reyes. This was his fourth session with the national team after joining them last Friday.

Pau Gasol has been taken to a hospital in Sevilla where he will undergo different tests to determine the extent of his injury.

----------------

De nada. :toast

Baseline
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Gasol is injury-prone and always has been. That's why I couldn't believe how lucky the Lakers were last year with injuries. Other than Bynum, they were extremely healthy.

Both Gasol and Odom are injury-rpone, as is Ariza, yet all three stayed totally healthy all year. And so did Bryant.

That's why I maintain that the Lakers won last year not necessarily because they were so good, but because they were totally healthy at playoff time. Even Bynum was back by then, and had 25 games under his belt by the time the playoffs started.

The Lakers' good health and good luck just happened to correspond with the bad luck and bad health of top teams like Boston and San Antonio. Even Orlando had their all-star point guard, Nelson, at 40% for the Finals. Even the egotistical Bryant admitted that they might not have beaten a healthy Boston squad. I don't think they would have beaten an Orlando squad with a healthy Jameer Nelson either.

I don't think the Lakers will be so lucky this year.

tlongII
08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
lol Gasol. lol Lakers.

lol Parker. lol Spurs.

That pretty much covers it...

TheMACHINE
08-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Gasol is injury-prone and always has been. That's why I couldn't believe how lucky the Lakers were last year with injuries. Other than Bynum, they were extremely healthy.

Both Gasol and Odom are injury-rpone, as is Ariza, yet all three stayed totally healthy all year. And so did Bryant.

That's why I maintain that the Lakers won last year not necessarily because they were so good, but because they were totally healthy at playoff time. Even Bynum was back by then, and had 25 games under his belt by the time the playoffs started.

The Lakers' good health and good luck just happened to correspond with the bad luck and bad health of top teams like Boston and San Antonio. Even Orlando had their all-star point guard, Nelson, at 40% for the Finals. Even the egotistical Bryant admitted that they might not have beaten a healthy Boston squad. I don't think they would have beaten an Orlando squad with a healthy Jameer Nelson either.

what are the chances that Boston and Spurs will be injured this year? Probably higher then the Lakers.

baseline bum
08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
lol Oden. lol Bowie. lol Walton.

spursfan1000
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
lol Gasol. lol Lakers.

lol Parker. lol Spurs.

lol @ blazers not having a chance even if healthy :lol

Muser
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Blazer fan talking smack about injuries, lolirony.

kskonn
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM
worst case it is a broken finger, either way should not hinder him being ready in time for training camp.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
lol Gasol. lol Lakers.

lol Parker. lol Spurs.

Lol Oden over Durant

That team would have been scary good

Miller
Roy
Durant
Aldrige
Pryzbilla

Fabbs
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Midols all around for the Laker pothsters.

Justh when the faux drama Odom signing was restholved.

all_heart
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Gasol was hit in a game in which they tried to plug Felipe Reyes...

HAHA I knew it!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Double-Up
08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
lol Gasol. lol Lakers.

lol Parker. lol Spurs.

lol Sinus infection
lol Oden < Durant

08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
can you imagine durant on the blazers? durant as the first option, roy as second, and LA as the third? this core would have been competing for championships for the next decade.

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 04:54 PM

You maintain right, Base, and it ended up at Number 15.

sonic21
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
update:
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/10/balo...249928780.html

"Pau Gasol fue operado de urgencia en Sevilla por el golpe que sufrió en la mano durante el entrenamiento de la selección española en San Fernando."

DPG21920
08-10-2009, 05:14 PM
It says Pau's hand fell off for those who don't speak Spanish.

De Nada

Dex
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
lol Gasol. lol Lakers.

lol Parker. lol Spurs.

lol Oden?

Dex
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Damn, i really need to start finishing threads before I post.

Oh well. Take that internet.

kwamay_brown54
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
This is actually good news, there is still well over 2.5 months till opening night, so Pau will miss the entire training camp and the likes rehabbing, which is fine, cuz he is already well acquianted with the triangle offense.

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
This is actually good news

Nonsense, kwamay. Don't go there---where others, the common trod. You're a Lakers Brother. You take your hits, stand fast in the ranks and soldier on.

If its an injury of import, it's not the end,,,,but the beginning.

kwamay_brown54
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I meant it was good news for the lakers, because now he will be forced to rest and rehab, without risking the possibility of further injury.

sonic21
08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
it's not sure he'll miss the eurobasket though. The article says he'll not play for at least 3 weeks.

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I meant it was good news for the lakers, because now he will be forced to rest and rehab, without risking the possibility of further injury.

But, its not good news. The injury & exhibition play outside NBA requirements are two separate issues. Lumping them together in order to gain relief is counterproductive. They should not be playing in these non sanctioned eventsPERIOD

Baseline
08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
So you Laker fans are happy that Gasol won't be able to work out this summer?

That means he'll be even more soft when the season starts. I didn't know that was even possible.

So you've got Gasoft, a brittle Bynum, and an unmotivated Odom who just signed a fat new deal. Just think, if Bynum busts his knee again, you guys will be wishing he had DeJuan Blair's knees.

DJB
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
It says Pau's hand fell off for those who don't speak Spanish.

:lol

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
[quote=Baseline;3624810]So you've got Gasoft, a brittle Bynum, and an unmotivated Odom who just signed a fat new deal.quote]

And the 2009 NBA Championship.

You on the other hand have the Mav's peter stuck in your chute\poop style.

Hooks
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Gasol is annoying as FUCK, every single time I see him play I always here him yell when he takes a shot. Sounds like Homer saying "DOOOOPPPEEEE!" Sounds like a fucken idiot, his yelling gets annoying I hope he loses his voice forever. Lakers fans know what I'm talking about, I bet ya'll hear him yell every single game.

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Gasol is annoying as FUCK, every single time I see him play I always here him yell when he takes a shot. Sounds like Homer saying "DOOOOPPPEEEE!" Sounds like a fucken idiot, his yelling gets annoying I hope he loses his voice forever. Lakers fans know what I'm talking about, I bet ya'll hear him yell every single game.

Yep, I hear it, and it is annoying. Even more, it's weak. It's a nervous habit, fear based. Fear of failure. Like James biting his nails on the bench. You can't do shit like that with the expectation that the opponent ain't gonna take advantage of your weakness.

lefty
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
i'm sure it's nothing serious

Lakers can't get severely injured, they seem to have some kind of karma going for them.

Even if one of them fell from the 20th floor, he wouldn't miss the playoffs.

Fuck, it sucks to be a Spurs fan

2Cleva
08-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Pau out 3 weeks with "minor" finger surgery.

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Fuck, it sucks to be a Spurs fan

It's mostly your entitlement posture that bugs most people, Lefty. You walk around with your nose in the air waiting for somebody to hand you something. It's very stand-offish and needs to be addressed.

Baseline
08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
It's mostly your entitlement posture that bugs most people, Lefty. You walk around with your nose in the air waiting for somebody to hand you something. It's very stand-offish and needs to be addressed.

Dude, what planet are you on? You're a Laker fan and are saying that? The Spurs were an ABA expansion team, for crying out loud. Not a small market team, but a tiny market.

I live in LA and there are positively NO fans anywhere in the world in any sport who have a greater sense of entitlement than Laker fans. In fact, Laker fans have such an enormous sense of entitlement that only 5% of them know anything whatsoever about the game.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. I realize this is an internet site where a lot of kids troll around, but this is the most outlandish - and inaccurate - statement I've ever seen about Spurs fans.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Dude, what planet are you on? You're a Laker fan and are saying that? The Spurs were an ABA expansion team, for crying out loud. Not a small market team, but a tiny market.

I live in LA and there are positively NO fans anywhere in the world in any sport who have a greater sense of entitlement than Laker fans. In fact, Laker fans have such an enormous sense of entitlement that only 5% of them know anything whatsoever about the game.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. I realize this is an internet site where a lot of kids troll around, but this is the most outlandish - and inaccurate - statement I've ever seen about Spurs fans.

Don't react to that troll

angelbelow
08-10-2009, 10:27 PM
oh no

Man In Black
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
what are the chances that Boston and Spurs will be injured this year? Probably higher then the Lakers.
Actually a lot more for the Lakers and here is why. We all know that both Kobe and Pau are pivotal to the Lakers. They were pivotal to their National teams. If you add that both Pau and Kobe have had minimal rest since 07 due to their Olympic obligations, the probability is more decidedly that the answer to this question isn't San Antonio or Boston, it's Los Angeles.

Only 1 other organization has fans that have a greater sense of entitlement. There are many Laker fans who like them as well and they're represented as well at many LA sporting events....

http://imgs.sfgate.com/sports/pictures/2001/01/10/raider-shadinger.jpg
These guys feel that the Super Bowl is already won. TODAY!

Culburn369
08-10-2009, 11:20 PM

Yer too close to be objective, Base. I thought perhaps after the comeuppance that the Mavs put on ya---you'd get your humble on. But, alas, yer worse now than you were before the Mavs knocked your dick in the dirt.

Now not only do you feel your entitled, you look weak & puny and assholish like Pop.

Dunc n Dave
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Yer too close to be objective, Base. I thought perhaps after the comeuppance that the Mavs put on ya---you'd get your humble on. But, alas, yer worse now than you were before the Mavs knocked your dick in the dirt.
Now not only do you feel your entitled, you look weak & puny and assholish like Pop.

Boy, you blew your entire wad in one post. Culburn. Hold back a little next time. I think you're losing your touch.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Spanish media say that he will probably miss Eurobasket.

sendman
08-11-2009, 05:01 AM
lol Oden. lol Bowie. lol Walton.

Wow!

This one went right between the eyes!:lmao

Mel_13
08-11-2009, 06:22 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-sportswire11-2009aug11,0,3691921.story

Lakers forward Pau Gasol, 29, had surgery Monday after breaking the middle finger of his left hand during a practice with the Spanish national team, Lakers spokesman John Black said

kobyz
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
good news for the demn Lakers! Pau will not play in the Eurobasket and he will be fresher for th next season.

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 07:56 AM
good news for the demn Lakers!

:rolleyes

lefty
08-11-2009, 11:48 AM

I'm not sure; they say LCD's are better than plasmas for games and Blu-Ray; I have decided to go with a Samsung LCD 1980*1080p.

lefty
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Don't bother with Culburn, puberty just hit him so he doesn't know what he's doing

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Don't bother with Culburn, puberty just hit him so he doesn't know what he's doing

I wish it just hit, I'd be like 14 and beatin' it like trout meat.

lefty
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I wish it just hit, I'd be like 14 and beatin' it like trout meat.
Thanks for making my point :lmao

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks for making my point :lmao

Thanks for letting the Mavs pound your poot.

lefty
08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for letting the Mavs pound your poot.
That's all you've got?

Really?

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 12:32 PM
That's all you've got?

Really?

Kinda, I'm not in a troll mood this morning. I'm in a studious mood.

lefty
08-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Ah, Ok

So we can expect worse :D

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Ah, Ok

So we can expect worse :D

Sure, somebody will say something, perhaps Dunc will come along and I'll get my troll lines out and cast them, redden a few asses, bust a few snuts. I just got my docile on this morning for some odd reason.

Maybe I'll put myself down for a nap.

lefty
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Sure, somebody will say something, perhaps Dunc will come along and I'll get my troll lines out and cast them, redden a few asses, bust a few snuts. I just got my docile on this morning for some odd reason.

Maybe I'll put myself down for a nap.
Could it be a very long nap?

BlackBellamy
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Reading Jane Austen novels isn't exactly studying. But now we all know where you got "pound your poot" from. Classy.

all_heart
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure; they say LCD's are better than plasmas for games and Blu-Ray; I have decided to go with a Samsung LCD 1980*1080p.

Nice choice.. you won't regret it! :king

lennyalderette
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
i dont give a shit what any of you dumb ass laker fans say , no one wants an injury, furthermore i have never heard of a minor finger injury, taking 3 wks to heal, sounds like theyre holding some info back. the lakers have dodged injuries for quite some time now, expect to get your share now

spursfan1000
08-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Finger inury sucks...had it b4

ambchang
08-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Bynum will dominate now that he can take Gasol's time. 25/14 in the books.

KSeal
08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah cause Pau won't be ready for the season in two and half months even though his injury only takes three weeks to heal. This was a great blessing in disguise, rest up Pau, get ready for the real deal.

ClippersDynasty
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Lakers are already on their way to being the Mets of the NBA this year, first Vujacic gets hurt, now Pau.

Clipshow gonna own LA if a few months.