PDA

View Full Version : Peter Burns Pimped Out in SA Business Journal

PaulGreco
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes I read ... good as some have pointed out here :lol

But, wanted to point out that Ticket760's Peter Burns was pimped out over at the San Antonio Business Journal for his comments on the Cowboys and SA's love feast with them. Pretty interesting, I thought it was well thought out, and as someone who's been at other training facilities and seen how other cities/towns have handled teams coming in, I think he has makes a good point.

LINK (http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2009/08/10/newscolumn1.html?b=1249876800^1902601)

A little something for your taste buds:

San Antonio has two radio stations devoted to daily sports talk — The Ticket (760 AM) and ESPN (http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/gen/ESPN_31BB34873B734BC892028359CBC81EC8.html) The Zone (1250 AM). Both stations each air two locally produced programs on weekdays.

If you tune in over the next few weeks, you’ll hear the Cowboys love fest. You want to hear some Spurs talk? There’s rarely enough time for these guys to converse about our own team.

If there has been a lone voice of reason in all of this madness, it’s been Ticket 760 morning co-host Peter Burns. It is Burns who has attempted via the airwaves to explain why it is detrimental to San Antonio’s own future to throw all of our NFL eggs in the Cowboys’ basket.

--PG

Sir Larry Wildman
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
wake me up when bobby junk is hosting.

YcmSbIzXhdo

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I've listened to a lot of sports radio in my day and SA radio talks more about the cowboys than the spurs, by far, offseason or not

they talk about the cowboys more than austin radio talks about the longhorns and the cowboys combined, by far, offseason or not

its sickening

mouse
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Pssssst! yo Pauly? just a heads up...........Peter Burns hardly post here. He doesn't read emails or talks about us on the radio, and doesn't go to GTG's So if you want to fit in you need to not bring up his name he is about as popular as another Wall Street bail out plan.

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
he was pretty pops when he was married to his big tittied wife though

Stacie
08-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Word! :tu

samikeyp
08-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Well Peter is right. As long as you cheer on the 'Boys here... there isn't going to be a NFL team here.

so who do we cheer for?

If SA gets a team, then my Cowboys stuff goes away for good but until then, no.

PeterBurns
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Pssssst! yo Pauly? just a heads up...........Peter Burns hardly post here. He doesn't read emails or talks about us on the radio, and doesn't go to GTG's So if you want to fit in you need to not bring up his name he is about as popular as another Wall Street bail out plan.

Et Tu Mouse..... :blah

It was a good article by Bailey. It's crazy how much this city supports the Cowboys more than the Spurs. It's pretty weak.

samikeyp
08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Et Tu Mouse..... :blah

It was a good article by Bailey. It's crazy how much this city supports the Cowboys more than the Spurs. It's pretty weak.

IMO, its not one more than the other, its two different things.

or maybe that's just me.

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 09:46 PM
its the cowboys, on sports radio anyway, as a city sa loves the spurs more, but for some reason all you hear about is jerry world, TO, the ring on honor, romo, aikman, bullshit, tellus' youtube, sam heard

ive almost run my truck into a telephone poll after hearing about romo through 4 commercial breaks

samikeyp
08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I agree to a point. If basketball hasn't started yet, I have no problem with a football heavy show and I also have no problem if football being a little more emphasized during the playoffs because you are in the boring part of the NBA season but at most it should still be 60/40. The Cowboys have a big following in SA so the media has to play to their audience but it can still be done without ignoring the only big time pro team in town.

samikeyp
08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Good read, BTW. Good to see PB get some love. :toast

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
yeah but the cowboys playoffs last for a week if at all for the last 15 years

i can see they have to cover them and cover training camp, but its hard to take

i think its going to ruin both stations in the end, are they content to go down with the ship? they severely over estimate the amount of people who like the cowboys and even if they do, they want to hear about football, other teams, Xs and Os, not jessica simpson, drew pearson, jerry jones jr., the TO show, HBOs hard knocks, michael irvins 4th and long, bob lilly

I am ashamed of how much pointless shit i know about the cowboys

PeterBurns
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah but the cowboys playoffs last for a week if at all for the last 15 years

i can see they have to cover them and cover training camp, but its hard to take

i think its going to ruin both stations in the end, are they content to go down with the ship? they severely over estimate the amount of people who like the cowboys and even if they do, they want to hear about football, other teams, Xs and Os, not jessica simpson, drew pearson, jerry jones jr., the TO show, HBOs hard knocks, michael irvins 4th and long, bob lilly

I am ashamed of how much pointless shit i know about the cowboys

Totally with you. It just way too much Cowboys stuff. I do my best to steer clear Mookie

PakiDan
08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Totally with you. It just way too much Cowboys stuff. I do my best to steer clear Mookie

I don't think they over-estimate San Antonio at all. Don't get me wrong. I am COMPLETELY annoyed and have been for years at the total gluttony of Cowboy Coverage force fed down our throats... but I think the vast majority of mindless automaton zombies that live hear love it! There are two things that the majority of San Antonians will live and die with... Cowboys football and Classic Rock. We just have to face the fact that as long as you live here, the radio will keep pumping both, because that's whats selling. That is our byproduct... a drunk collective of bandwagon Mexicans. Hey it could be worse... we could be in Corpus.

Laker Lanny
08-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Back in the 70s how could you not root for roger staubach? In the 90s Emmit and Aikman? But that was then........ when the cowboys started sucking San Antonio had their heads up their asses.... and allowed the Texans, and the Jacksonville jaguars to join the league. now they bitch? Nigra please!

S_A_Longhorn
08-11-2009, 08:12 AM

I wouldn't say "big titted"...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/S_A_Longhorn/Sample%20Pics/Stacie%20Burns/IMG_2617.jpg

JoeChalupa
08-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I concur with mookie and Peter on this.

samikeyp
08-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I would like to see a little more local flavor in the football coverage. Texas State and TLU are down the road, Incarnate Word has a team, Trinity has one of the better D-III programs in the country, UTSA is coming in down the road and not to mention High School football. There is nothing wrong with talking Cowboys or Texans because you have a lot of fans of both but I think there should be more of a mix. Then again, like I said before and Paki alluded to it as well, programming will be based on what the programmers are told the people want to hear. Both stations know this. You cater to this because you want people to listen or, more appropriately, you don't want people to listen to the other guy.

EricB
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm a Texans fan they are just as good a team, and they get jack squat coverage and when i would call into 1250, they hung up on me when I wanted to talk about the Texans.

So whatever.

tonylongoriafan
08-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I would like to see a little more local flavor in the football coverage. Texas State and TLU are down the road, Incarnate Word has a team, Trinity has one of the better D-III programs in the country, UTSA is coming in down the road and not to mention High School football. There is nothing wrong with talking Cowboys or Texans because you have a lot of fans of both but I think there should be more of a mix. Then again, like I said before and Paki alluded to it as well, programming will be based on what the programmers are told the people want to hear. Both stations know this. You cater to this because you want people to listen or, more appropriately, you don't want people to listen to the other guy.

did someone say UTSA? womp, womp!