PDA

View Full Version : Worst film youve seen this year?

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Mine is "Obsessed". The one with Beyonce.

Probably the worst movie Ive seen in years. Laughably bad. I mean I literaly kept laughing at how bad it was. Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad.

I highly recommend to anyone who would like a good laugh.

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Confessions of a shop-a-holic was also quite terrible, but it didnt have the un-intentional comedy of "Obsessed".

lebomb
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Probably the worst movie Ive seen in years. Laughably bad. I mean I literaly kept laughing at how bad it was. Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad.

There were worse movie than that one which came out this year. Hell, the eye candy alone was worth the price of admission. :rolleyes

lebomb
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Love Guru, Meet the fuckin Spartans.............there are a lot worse than Obsessed..........trust me.

Stacie
08-10-2009, 03:47 PM
http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/donkey_punch.jpg

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
valkayrie

when i watch a movie, i go into the film like im a retarded and i totally suspend my disbelief, i didnt understand why the nazis wouldnt spot an american infiltrater who spoke english the entire movie

but it cant touch the life aquatic and pan's labyrinth as far as worst critically acclaimed movies of all time

those are on a different level of bad

alamo50
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Potter

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
of course meet the spartans was horrible, did anyone expect it or say it was good?

have to stick to movies that a lot of people liked

i bet kangaroo jack, must love dogs and daddy day care were bad too

Imposter
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.freecong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/miss-march.jpg

Bella Lugosi
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I watched Obsessed last night and I liked it.

spursfan09
08-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I liked obsessed just saw it. Conf of a shopaholic sucked though I agree.

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I watched Obsessed last night and I liked it.

Thats funny cuz I thought Valkyrie (who someone else said was awful) was pretty good. I thought Tom Cruise was wrong but they really did well with the people they got to play the higher ups of the third reich.

JudynTX
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Evil Bong

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Im guessing the people who LIKE obsessed never saw "Fatal Attraction".

Regardless, "Obsessed" was ridiculous. From stupid plot points (I was gonna tell you about the chick who's obsessed with me but you bizarrely had just gotten off the phone with your friend who had just told you that her husband was cheating on her) to bad acting (Beyonce's phony outrage after learning about the blonde obsessed with her husband...Beyonce pretending to lose her balance in the attic) to BAD music (any of the beyonce songs they played in the film, some of them at times that were completely out of place).

Just to show that Im not alone, it has a 19% over at rottentomatoes which is pretty hard to do.

btw - Someone said the "Eye candy" was worth the price of admission. I dont know about Texas, but in Arizona movie tickets are close to 10 bucks. And watching Beyonce and some blonde NOT take off their clothes isnt even close to 10 bucks. Even if they did. 10 bucks? At what age do we stop saying that any movie is worth the price of admission just to look at some chick?

lebomb
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Im guessing the people who LIKE obsessed never saw "Fatal Attraction".

Regardless, "Obsessed" was ridiculous. From stupid plot points (I was gonna tell you about the chick who's obsessed with me but you bizarrely had just gotten off the phone with your friend who had just told you that her husband was cheating on her) to bad acting (Beyonce's phony outrage after learning about the blonde obsessed with her husband...Beyonce pretending to lose her balance in the attic) to BAD music (any of the beyonce songs they played in the film, some of them at times that were completely out of place).

Just to show that Im not alone, it has a 19% over at rottentomatoes which is pretty hard to do.

Sounds like you just dont Beyonce.

Have you seen the rotten tomatoes for Valkyrie???

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Sounds like you just dont Beyonce.

Have you seen the rotten tomatoes for Valkyrie???

Its at 60-something. I can see people not liking Cruise, but the rest of the cast, production and timing were suberb. I couldnt believe how much of it REALLY happened!

lebomb
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Its at 60-something.

.............well, thats cool. I liked it as well, except for an english speaking german soldier. :lmao

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
.............well, thats cool. I liked it as well, except for an english speaking german soldier. :lmao

Its always weird when they have some Germans with English accents (General Beck), some with German accents (Hitler) and some with American accents (Cruise).

Of course, would it have been worse to watch Cruise try a German accent? :lol

Bukefal
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Gomorra. The book is great, but the movie sucks.

robino2001
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/college-movie-poster.png

Bukefal
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
also

http://trailertrash.biz/Images/Burn%20After%20Reading.jpg

sonic21
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM
The Pink Panther 2

If Aishwara Rai wasn't in it, it'd be the worst i've ever seen.

mardigan
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The new Friday The 13th.
Worst horror movie I've seen in quite some time.

mardigan
08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
valkayrie

when i watch a movie, i go into the film like im a retarded and i totally suspend my disbelief, i didnt understand why the nazis wouldnt spot an american infiltrater who spoke english the entire movie

They were speaking German, we just heard English.

benefactor
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Any movie I have watched on the SciFi channel.

Seriously though...Funny People sucked pretty bad IMO.

Last Comic Standing
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
The boy in the striped pajamas! first off pajamas have cartoons on them like spider man or Smurfs. Those looked more like some sort of prison outfit.

I hate when the people in Hollywood skimp on the clothes.

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
They were speaking German, we just heard English.
but they werent speaking german, that was english, i could see their lips moving

just subtitle the dam movie, i know people are lazy and dont like to read for two hours but shit its better than having people laugh at how stupid it is that hitler speaks english with a german accent, another guy speaks english with an english accent and cruise speaks english with an american accent, or else have people who suspend their disbelief for the sake of art, be totally confused for the entire movie

if people want to buy the DVD they can watch the english dub

its different if its an ancient celtic folk tale or movie where EVERYONE speaks latin, then you can make them speak english, because there is not different nationalities speaking to one another

the guy from gladiator didnt write well known books in his native language or appear on widely seen film speaking his native language like hitler

if this means that major releases are mostly english speaking films- then good, thats what we won the wars for

apocalypto had zero english and that was one of the best movies ive ever seen

DPG21920
08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Anyone who does not like Life Aquatic is a massive douche.

Last Comic Standing
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
but they werent speaking german, that was english, i could see their lips moving

just subtitle the dam movie, i know people are lazy and dont like to read for two hours but shit its better than having people laugh at how stupid it is that hitler speaks english with a german accent, another guy speaks english with an english accent and cruise speaks english with an american accent, or else have people who suspend their disbelief for the sake of art, be totally confused for the entire movie

its different if its an ancient celtic folk tale or movie where EVERYONE speaks latin, then you can make them speak english, because there is not different nationalities speaking to one another

the guy from gladiator didnt write well known books in his native language or appear on widely seen film speaking his native language like hitler

if this means that major releases are mostly english speaking films- then good, thats what we won the wars for

This man gets it ^

That is why this guy was never in Last of the Mohicans.

http://webfantasy.info/Arnold_Schwarzenegger/Images/Arnold_Schwarzenegger_Conan_01.jpg

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
what are some funny parts from the life aquatic? i might download it

it was one of those movies that is so funny that i didnt even crack a smile once

Cry Havoc
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Obsessed is a thousand times better than Transformers 2, which was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.

Duff McCartney
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I wonder about some of the people on this board. I don't think you guys really dislike movies you just don't want to say you like them because then you'll be like the "crowd" like Transformers 2 was a good movie.

I remember my cousin saying that it's stupid the Transformers curse and all that. I'm like dude they aren't fucking robots. Just listen to Optimus Prime...they are sentient beings..not programmed machines. They can learn just like every sentient being can learn.

lefty
08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
G.I Joe

exstatic
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Obsessed is a thousand times better than Transformers 2, which was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.

+1

Transformers II was an abomination.

BadOdor
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I wonder about some of the people on this board. I don't think you guys really dislike movies you just don't want to say you like them because then you'll be like the "crowd" like Transformers 2 was a good movie.

I remember my cousin saying that it's stupid the Transformers curse and all that. I'm like dude they aren't fucking robots. Just listen to Optimus Prime...they are sentient beings..not programmed machines. They can learn just like every sentient being can learn.

lol emo faggot

Fpoonsie
08-10-2009, 08:04 PM
First off...Burn After Reading was fucking hilarious. Whoever claimed that was the worst film to come out in the same year or so span that Knowing, Unborn, and Confessions of a Shopaholic did is a fuckin riTARD.

I'd say Knowing was the worst for me...simply because of the disappointment factor. The story seemed kinda interesting, and then utterly fails in the end. It was THIS year's The Village.

mrcoon29
08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, I don't know when it came out but I watched the whole thing (too lazy to find the remote) - Mamma Mia.

bostonguy
08-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Watchman sucked ass. It dragged and was dramatically overhyped. Friday the 13th blew monkey nuts.

bostonguy
08-10-2009, 09:15 PM
The Day The Earth Stood Still was a boring POS

Borosai
08-10-2009, 09:24 PM
My choice was not released this year, but I watched it again the other day (I don't know what I was thinking). Piece. Of. Shit.

http://img2.allposters.com/images/129/025_THETIMEMACHINE_DOUBLESIDED.jpg

eyeh8u
08-10-2009, 09:33 PM
adventureland. i usually like coming of age movies, but after the 2000 "dude trying to lose his virginity" versions of it, it gets boring, i turned it off in 30 minutes

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
My choice was not released this year, but I watched it again the other day (I don't know what I was thinking). Piece. Of. Shit.

http://img2.allposters.com/images/129/025_THETIMEMACHINE_DOUBLESIDED.jpg
i didnt think that was a bad movie

its hard to make a good re-make of a classic book though

mookie2001
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
for some reason a few months ago HBO showed what happens in vegas, babys momma, what happens in vegas, babys momma, what happens in vegas, babys momma for like 2 weeks straight

i thought the apocalypse was near

DPG21920
08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
There are a lot of funny parts from Life Aquatic.

My favorite part was when they were running on the beach to rescue the "stooge" and they run through that little pond.

Steve yells "leaches, leaches" and everyone looks at him because he is the only one with them and he says "what, no one else got hit". That shit is hilarious. Just different humor.

SA210
08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I liked Knowing and Valkerie, but Valkerie was last year.

Slinkyman
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
It's a tie between GI Joe, Transformers 2 and terminator salvation. All 3 of these sucked beyond belief. So sad that this years summer blockbusters were busts unlike like years the Dark Knight and Iron Man.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Bruno.

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Am I reading this right? Are you claiming that Transformers 2 WASNT a stupid movie and everyone here is just claiming it was to seem more "cool" or "hip"?

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 11:43 PM

I agree with this to SOME extent. I agree that Cruise with the only American accent was weird. However, I dont necessarily think it has to be dubbed to feel authentic.

Schindler's List is freaking AWESOME and Im not sure if all the Germans (Liam Neeson, Fiennes etc) had German accents. Would you rather have had some crappy German actor play Ralph Fiennes character and miss out on one of the best performances of all time?

On the flip side, that German actor in Valkerie who was also in "The Pianist" is very good. He was the officer swimming in the pool and kept getting upset when he had to keep "assembling the men". Turns out most of that really did happen and his character really did speak to Hitler on the phone at Joseph Goebbels house (to prove Hitler was still alive).

All in all I thought it was a really good movie.

da_suns_fan
08-10-2009, 11:48 PM

I havent seen Transformers 2. I wasnt a huge fan of the first one and it was getting awful reviews so I passed.

EricB
08-10-2009, 11:54 PM
the two i had to turn off in the middle of them because they were outright just horrible was Watchmen and Rachel Getting Married.

Just absolute wastes of cinema.

CharlieMac
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Am I reading this right? Are you claiming that Transformers 2 WASNT a stupid movie and everyone here is just claiming it was to seem more "cool" or "hip"?

No one can read that right cause it makes no fucking sense. I tried for about 3 minutes to make sense of it and I'm stumped. Some people just aren't smart. Life is tough.

Spurminator
08-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I think I saw Benjamin Button this year, and if so, that's easily at the top. Otherwise, it's The Proposal... and I actually expected that to be worse than it was.

Laker Lanny
08-11-2009, 12:39 AM
the two i had to turn off in the middle of them because they were outright just horrible was Watchmen and Rachel Getting Married.

Just absolute wastes of cinema.

Please tell me you rented those movies for your girlfriend! I thought you had that intuition about things you must have seen some red flags what was you expecting. And I am serious this is not just another insult Tpark post! :wakeup

holcs50
08-11-2009, 12:48 AM
alright if were talking theatre movies ive seen this year I'd say transformers 2, push, the fast the furious, defiance. I know there's more i can't think of them all right now. As for rentals, ive seen too many damn movies-i guess some that stick out are Timecrimes, the unborn, and quite a few other straight to dvd movies.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Beyonce is pretty horrible. Her music sucks, her acting is worse. Only reason people like her is cause she's hot. "Irreplaceable", "Halos", and "Ego" are all disgustingly shitty songs.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM

Wait, I get it. You made a disputed statement that's about as clearly worded as the dialogue IN the movie, in order to show everyone else what I'm talking about, and thereby prove me right, correct?

Sneaky. Very sneaky.

T2 was so insanely bad I almost walked out on it. After paying extra money to see it in omnimax (yeah, I knew it was a big mistake going in, but I was with friends and we had a good time anyway).

Yes. Because if there's one thing that marks a sentient, intelligent, self-thinking organism, it's the ability to spout swear words and sport bling. :rolleyes

KidCongo
08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I like Adam Sandler but 'Don't mess with the Zohan' comes to mind. Although it had that hot chick with the name I can't spell.

french bread
08-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Wait, I get it. You made a disputed statement that's about as clearly worded as the dialogue IN the movie, in order to show everyone else what I'm talking about, and thereby prove me right, correct?

Sneaky. Very sneaky.

T2 was so insanely bad I almost walked out on it. After paying extra money to see it in omnimax (yeah, I knew it was a big mistake going in, but I was with friends and we had a good time anyway).

Yes. Because if there's one thing that marks a sentient, intelligent, self-thinking organism, it's the ability to spout swear words and sport bling. :rolleyes
:lol

v2freak
08-11-2009, 02:23 AM

Oh God...I just rented that but haven't gotten around to watching it.

It's like seeing a guy turn green and throw up, and then realizing he's had what you're eating.

sa_kid20
08-11-2009, 02:31 AM
also

+1

Burn Before Watching

lefty
08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.freecong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/miss-march.jpg

You actually watched that ? :rollin:lmao:lol

mexicanjunior
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
also

I thought Burn After Reading was pretty funny...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Burn After Reading was badass. Brad Pitt was fucking hilarious.

da_suns_fan
08-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Burn After Reading was badass. Brad Pitt was fucking hilarious.

I havent seen it but I want to. I really like "Intolerable Cruelty" which was another Cohen brothers screwball comedy.

Brad Pitt's coming out in another German Nazi Comedy later this year. I saw a preview where Hitler keeps shouting "Nai!" and Pitt keeps shouting "yes!".

The preview looked pretty funny.

Jimcs50
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM
THE HAPPENING

:bang

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Bruno.

Truth. That movie was horrible. Maybe there was humor I wasn't getting but to me it came across as distasteful and gross.

OceaNus
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Push was so damn bad, Street fighter was worse, public enemies was dissappointing, and so was the day after tomorrow. I'm going no where near G.I joe. That shit looks terrible.

760Spursfan
08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
also

And Drag me to Hell!!!!

:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

760Spursfan
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Push was so damn bad, Street fighter was worse, public enemies was dissappointing, and so was the day after tomorrow. I'm going no where near G.I joe. That shit looks terrible.

Yeah, don't watch GI joe it was a good "kid" movie kind of like Street fighter. Marlon Wayans didn't fit to well, IMO.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Drag me to Hell!!!!

Definately.

desflood
08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
So far, Transformers 2 has been the worst movie I've ever seen (excluding, of course, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl).

Thompson
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Transformers 2 was pretty bad. Terminator Salvation was a disappointment. I actually liked Valkyrie. Kevin Costner had an American accent in Prince of Thieves and I still loved that movie. Come to think of it, I like most Tom Cruise movies (Valkyrie, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Collateral) even if he is a weirdo in real life. I hated Indiana Jones 4 and Spider-Man 3, although those came out a few years ago.

These are much older, but for some reason I love Of Mice and Men and despise Grapes of Wrath. I remember watching the latter in 9th grade and hearing the protagonists' final monologue in which he says something like '...wherever there are weak and downtrodden people, I'll be there.' I couldn't figure out if he was going to turn into Batman or what, and then the screen went black. Aside from that anticlimactic moment, that movie bored me to death.

Duff McCartney
08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Watchmen the worst movie you've seen? Transformers 2? What the fuck is wrong with you people...seriously. You must only watch "blockbuster" movies because there's probably 50 movies that are worse than both of those movies.

Hell I'll name one Obsessed. That's a piece of crap and a half. Here's another one..Mamma Mia.

I mean really? Watchmen? That's a fucking great movie. Transformers 2 wasn't a great movie but i thought it was good. I wouldn't put it above Watchmen.

Alice
08-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Obsessed was not a bad movie. After a hard day's work I rather enjoyed it. It put me right to sleep.

LnGrrrR
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I saw the foreign film "Alice" on netflix... I defy you to find a worse movie.

Strike
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
So far, Transformers 2 has been the worst movie I've ever seen (excluding, of course, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl).

You lose major points for even seeing sharkboy and lavagirl.

LnGrrrR
08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
alright if were talking theatre movies ive seen this year I'd say transformers 2, push, the fast the furious, defiance. I know there's more i can't think of them all right now. As for rentals, ive seen too many damn movies-i guess some that stick out are Timecrimes, the unborn, and quite a few other straight to dvd movies.

Timecrimes wasn't THAT bad, given that it was straight-to-DVD. The ending is just very... subtle? It's a strange and quiet ending.

LnGrrrR
08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
The scene in Paris from the GI Joe movie is pretty awesome. Just a joy to watch, with cars flipping around and whatnot. If you can somehow find that part, you've found the best part. Oh, and anytime Sienna Miller is onscreen.

The rest is slightly enjoyable if you make fun of it the whole time with other friends who grew up in the 80's.

exstatic
08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Waltz with Bashir

holcs50
08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I saw the foreign film "Alice" on netflix... I defy you to find a worse movie.

I haven't seen alice, but Im almost positive a recent straight to dvd horror movie I saw called "chemical wedding" aka "crowley" is worse. It boggles my mind how bad it is, pre-schoolers could make a better movie.

desflood
08-14-2009, 10:28 PM
You lose major points for even seeing sharkboy and lavagirl.
No sh*t, buddy. But hey - my kids loved it.

Tits McGee
08-15-2009, 01:19 AM
I haven't seen many movies this year, but The Pink Panther 2 was terrible.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Watchmen the worst movie you've seen? Transformers 2? What the fuck is wrong with you people...seriously. You must only watch "blockbuster" movies because there's probably 50 movies that are worse than both of those movies.

Hell I'll name one Obsessed. That's a piece of crap and a half. Here's another one..Mamma Mia.

I mean really? Watchmen? That's a fucking great movie. Transformers 2 wasn't a great movie but i thought it was good. I wouldn't put it above Watchmen.

Transformers 2 was idiotic to the point of disbelief. One of the worst scripts on Hollywood history. I cannot believe people could enjoy that film. But it's obvious that if you throw $200,000,000 worth of special effects of nonexistent CG robots beating the shit out of each other, some people are going to think it's incredibly awesome regardless of how amazingly shitty EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE MOVIE is.

Wu36
08-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Some movie with Lou Diamond Philips and ghost zombies building a road.

Texas_Ranger
08-15-2009, 08:23 AM
This year I really watched just good movies. There were some bad ones that I saw on TV, but those were pretty old, so I'll not say which they were.
From the new movies I was really disappointed with the Tropic Thunder and Transformers 2. Bruno was funny, but still I didn't really like it.
Now I want to see G.I. Joe, but it looks like it's bad.

JoeChalupa
08-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Transformers 2 was idiotic to the point of disbelief. One of the worst scripts on Hollywood history. I cannot believe people could enjoy that film. But it's obvious that if you throw $200,000,000 worth of special effects of nonexistent CG robots beating the shit out of each other, some people are going to think it's incredibly awesome regardless of how amazingly shitty EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE MOVIE is.

I watched Transformers 2 and I enjoyed it for what it is....a movie made for entertainment. Many think movies should be like a documentary and they simply are not.
Now GI Joe looks ridiculous to me but I"m sure I'd enjoy it for simple entertainment.
Bruno is a movie I'd never pay to see.

lebomb
08-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Beyonce is pretty horrible. Her music sucks, her acting is worse. Only reason people like her is cause she's hot. "Irreplaceable", "Halos", and "Ego" are all disgustingly shitty songs.

Its all a matter of opinion. I happen to think Beyonce is pretty damn talented. To suck so badly at acting, she gets a lot of roles. :wakeup

JoeChalupa
08-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Its all a matter of opinion. I happen to think Beyonce is pretty damn talented. To suck so badly at acting, she gets a lot of roles. :wakeup

I concur. It is ALL about opinion. Even the so called movie critics just give their opinion. Doesn't mean they are right except for those who agree with them. Just because someone says T2 sucked for them doesn't mean everyone else is going to feel the same way.

Beyonce is a very talented woman...or at least she is acting like one.

lebomb
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I concur. It is ALL about opinion. Even the so called movie critics just give their opinion. Doesn't mean they are right except for those who agree with them. Just because someone says T2 sucked for them doesn't mean everyone else is going to feel the same way.

Beyonce is a very talented woman...or at least she is acting like one.

EXACTLY!!! .................... for example, I liked GI Joe. It was action packed from the opening credits till the end. I didnt take anything more from it, than it being a great entertainment type movie. So, IMHO the movie did its job. I wasnt looking for dialog or a story line like Gran Torino.

ploto
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
This thread made me realize that I have seen a grand total of 4 movies at the theatre this year. I have 3 more I will see for sure all based on children's books- Where the Wild Things are, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The only adult one that I know of that I plan to see is Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Its all a matter of opinion.

And you're lying to yourself if you think her being hot has nothing to do with your opinion.

PS - If any grown man actually likes her music, he's gay. That's not opinion btw, that's fact.

ballhog
08-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Paul Blart, Mall Cop. Awful. 12 Rounds w/ John Cena sure stunk too.

LnGrrrR
08-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I haven't seen alice, but Im almost positive a recent straight to dvd horror movie I saw called "chemical wedding" aka "crowley" is worse. It boggles my mind how bad it is, pre-schoolers could make a better movie.

Try watching Alice if you have Netflix. It's an 'art school' type of film. Barely any dialogue... it's just strange and glacially slow.

Nbadan
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Best Movie - The Hangover

Worst Movie - Terminator Salvation....

2centsworth
08-15-2009, 09:44 PM
The Collector, Bar None.

djohn2oo8
08-15-2009, 10:00 PM
12 rounds, and "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage

DaSpurs#1
08-16-2009, 12:13 AM
The Mummy 3, laughed the entire movie because of how bad it was.

J.T.
08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Year One

CharlieMac
08-16-2009, 08:29 AM

Mama Mia was only at the Bijou?

But yes Transformers 2 was bad. Blockbuster bad.

But the Mummy 3 wins. Fatality.

JMarkJohns
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Didn't see most of those listed in here. Of the one's I saw, Wolverine: Origins and Terminator: Salvation were far and away the most disappointing.

Death In June
08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I saw about an hour of "fragments." It was absolute balls. Other than that, most everything I saw was alright. I was definitely more disappointed with TV this year i.e. the simpsons season 20, the lost finale, burn notice, the daily show becoming unfunny, the flight of the conchords series coming to an end etc.

kamikazi_player
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Burn after reading is one of the worst movies i've seen in a while. It's right up there with blair witch project 2 and disaster movie

Xylus
08-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Burn After Reading was hilarious. I've seen it about 3 times now and laugh every time. So many great characters.

kamikazi_player
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Burn After Reading was hilarious. I've seen it about 3 times now and laugh every time. So many great characters.The only time i laughed is when ***********SPOILER ALERT********* when Brad Pitt got shot, i dunno why. And the ending, i was like wtf this is the stupidest longest movie ever. Scenes in that movie did not need to be shown. Disgrace that it won an award.

mardigan
08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
No movie listed was as bad as Friday the 13th. Not one. It might be the worst horror movie ever.
I recently watched Appaloosa as well, and it was a big bucket of shit.

dirk4mvp
08-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I hope Burn after reading isn't bad. I just got it from netflix.

Cry Havoc
08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I watched Transformers 2 and I enjoyed it for what it is....a movie made for entertainment. Many think movies should be like a documentary and they simply are not.
Now GI Joe looks ridiculous to me but I"m sure I'd enjoy it for simple entertainment.
Bruno is a movie I'd never pay to see.

No, movies like Transformers that are for "entertainment" (what movie isn't?) should be like District 9, an example of an actually good sci-fi movie that doesn't openly insult it's audience repeatedly during the entire 150 minutes it's on the screen.

MavDynasty
08-16-2009, 07:56 PM
The unborn was pretty shitty

bostonguy
08-16-2009, 08:03 PM

That movie was anything but great. It was overhyped and it dragged. Then again that's my opinion.

lil_penny
08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Knowing... was a shitty movie

Spurtacus
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
2009 movie = The Unborn

jaffies
08-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Burn after reading is one of the worst movies i've seen in a while. It's right up there with blair witch project 2 and disaster movie

Whut??

I've heard people say they didn't like it, but 'one of the worst movies' is a stretch.

kamikazi_player
08-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Whut??

I've heard people say they didn't like it, but 'one of the worst movies' is a stretch.
Maybe it's just me, but when i watched the movie, i tried to wait saying to myself hopefully it will pick up. Never picked up and it wasn't even funny. I was left bored and tired after the movie. The ending just made it worse.

lefty
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
The only time i laughed is when ***********SPOILER ALERT********* when Brad Pitt got shot, i dunno why. And the ending, i was like wtf this is the stupidest longest movie ever. Scenes in that movie did not need to be shown. Disgrace that it won an award.

Me too :lmao

That scene was fucked up

Fpoonsie
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM

It's not. I have no idea how people didn't find it hilarious. The ending was one of the funniest parts. J.K. Simmons' role as the C.I.A. boss was fucking BRILLIANT.

It's a dark comedy. A Coen Bros dark comedy. If people were expecting something different and more upbeat, they were obviously gonna be disappointed.

Thunder Dan
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Role_models.jpg

Thunder Dan
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM

I just got that shit today too. I sent back Role Models after I watched the first half hour. What a horrible movie

CuckingFunt
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I just got that shit today too. I sent back Role Models after I watched the first half hour. What a horrible movie

Taste is subjective, of course, but it sounds like you turned off Role Models right before it got hilarious.

Thunder Dan
08-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Taste is subjective, of course, but it sounds like you turned off Role Models right before it got hilarious.

really? that sucks then. Everyone told me it was funny so I got it, but I couldn't get past the horrible acting and the terrible script. Like I wasn't looking for the Godfather, but they threw so many off the wall lines in there that it made it funny becuase of how hard they were trying to be funny. Thats what i couldn't get past

da_suns_fan
08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Well I havent seen Transformers 2 but it seems to have the "consensus" as the worst film this year. I avoided it as I didnt really enjoy the first one all that much and think Megan Fox is incredibly overrated.

Until I do see it (I'll wait for it on HBO), Im stickig with "Obsessed" as worst film of the year. Sometimes, you can almost see the movie execs pitching the film to each other:

Exec #1: I know! Since nothing is original in film anymore, lets just redo "Fatal Attraction!"

Exec #2: Yeah! But most people will be upset if we redo it so lets just pull the "swimfan" routine and call it something else. Like "Dont mess around on your wife because you could get stalked by a psycho!" Or maybe just "Obsessed".

Exec #3: I know! Most black people probably havent seen it, so lets cast blacks as the leads and maybe we'll score originality points with our "urban" audience.

Exec #1: Hold up! We'll be accused of being racist if we have a black guy cheat on his wife.

Exec #2: True! Lets take that part out. Lets have the "Glen Close character" obsess over the "Michael Douglas Character" for no apparent reason. Forget the whole " ambiguous morality" garbage and lets just make the "Glen Close character" a random freak show.

Exec #1: What about that "Glen Close character"? Blacks will accuse us of being racist if we have a "nutty black woman" in the film.

Exec #2: We'll leave THAT character white!

Exec #1: Good thinking! But lets add something else! Something to give it some spice!

Exec #3: How about Beyonce?!!

Exec #1: Thats brilliant! She can play the loving wife.

Exec #2: We can probably sign her for less money if we promise to find places in the film to throw in some of her songs!

Exec #3: Black audiences will LOVE it!

Exec #3: Oh! And instead of "The wife" blowing away "the Glen Close character" in the end, lets do a drawn out cat-fight between Beyonce and the pyscho white bitch!

Exec #2: Nice! That will give the scene some much needed ATTITUDE *Z snaps*

Exec #1: *Wags finger* Not with MY man, you don't!

Exec #3: We'll find ways for the two women to turn common household items into weapons!

Exec #2: Like what? Knives?

Exec #3: No, like lamps! You smash the head of a lamp and you have a make-shift spear!

Exec #1: I love it!

Exec #2: We'll win one of those MTV Movie Awards for "Best Fight"

Exec #3: It'l be historic!